Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

MCCANNS DUMP KEY MEMBER OF THEIR TEAM - CLARENCE MITCHELL AXED

View previous topic View next topic Go down

MCCANNS DUMP KEY MEMBER OF THEIR TEAM - CLARENCE MITCHELL AXED

Post  cherry1 on Tue 30 Aug - 0:00

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccanns-parents-dump-key-8731091

Madeleine McCann's parents dump a key member of their team in a bid to slash spiralling costs

22:30, 29 Aug 2016
By Tracey Kandohla
 

Kate and Gerry axed PR expert Clarence Mitchell after nine years as they face uncertainty over the future of the £12million investigation

The parents of Madeleine McCann have dumped their spokesman in a bid to reduce spiralling costs.

Kate and Gerry axed PR expert Clarence Mitchell after nine years as they face uncertainty over the future of the £12million investigation – codenamed Operation Grange – into the disappearance of their daughter.

Kate and Gerry have just five more weeks of guaranteed Government funding towards the search.

The couple have vowed to use money from the official fund to continue the probe themselves, saying: “We will continue to do everything we can to help find our daughter. Our hope and resolve continues.”

Mr Mitchell was told his “services were no longer needed” in an email from heart doctor Gerry, who explained the family had to “cut costs”.

The Tory MP hopeful and former BBC journalist, who has helped keep Maddie’s disappearance in the global spotlight, was said to be “hurt” but respects their “more pressing agenda”.

The fund stands at £480,000, but the McCanns face a £434,000 libel bill to ex-Portuguese police chief Goncalo Amaral.

It is the first time since the three-year-old vanished from a holiday apartment in Portugal’s Praia da Luz, in May 2007, that the family have not had an official spokesman.

Mr Mitchell told the Mirror last night: “It makes perfect sense for Kate and Gerry to keep careful consideration over all their costs. I will continue to help them as circumstances require.”

Former GP Kate and Gerry, both 48, are bracing themselves for Scotland Yard shelving the investigation on October 5. Officers have said there is now only one lead “worth pursuing”.

cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6187
Location : Here, there and everywhere
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2012-02-03

Back to top Go down

Re: MCCANNS DUMP KEY MEMBER OF THEIR TEAM - CLARENCE MITCHELL AXED

Post  interested on Tue 30 Aug - 0:09

I thought they had 750,000 in the fund (at least that's the number I remember from a couple of months ago). Did Clarence get a severance package?

interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2391
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Re: MCCANNS DUMP KEY MEMBER OF THEIR TEAM - CLARENCE MITCHELL AXED

Post  cherry1 on Tue 30 Aug - 0:56

Will be interesting to see what is in next lot of accounts

cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6187
Location : Here, there and everywhere
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2012-02-03

Back to top Go down

Re: MCCANNS DUMP KEY MEMBER OF THEIR TEAM - CLARENCE MITCHELL AXED

Post  weissnicht on Tue 30 Aug - 11:12

Dumped via email...by a 'heart doctor'.

You just couldn't make this up

weissnicht
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 810
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Re: MCCANNS DUMP KEY MEMBER OF THEIR TEAM - CLARENCE MITCHELL AXED

Post  Not Born Yesterday on Tue 30 Aug - 12:05

How could anyone with a heart dump dear old Clarence!

What hard work it must have been all these years to make the McCanns look as pure as the driven slush and this is the thanks he gets.......

Not Born Yesterday
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6695
Age : 103
Location : Over the hills and far away
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Re: MCCANNS DUMP KEY MEMBER OF THEIR TEAM - CLARENCE MITCHELL AXED

Post  interested on Tue 30 Aug - 14:22

weissnicht wrote:Dumped via email...by a 'heart doctor'.

You just couldn't make this up


Yes, that's a good comment - Gerry is all heart!

The comments on The Sun article are scathing. If the McCanns think this news will generate more donations to the fund, I think they have miscalculated.

I seem to remember early on, Clarence Mitchell was asked: "What's the purpose of you?"

interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2391
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Re: MCCANNS DUMP KEY MEMBER OF THEIR TEAM - CLARENCE MITCHELL AXED

Post  cherry1 on Tue 30 Aug - 15:18

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3765043/Madeleine-McCann-s-parents-axe-senior-member-team-save-cash-funding-12million-investigation-dries-up.html

cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6187
Location : Here, there and everywhere
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2012-02-03

Back to top Go down

Re: MCCANNS DUMP KEY MEMBER OF THEIR TEAM - CLARENCE MITCHELL AXED

Post  cherry1 on Tue 30 Aug - 15:19

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/1694829/kate-and-gerry-mccann-dump-long-serving-spokesman-in-bid-to-cut-spiralling-costs-of-hunt-for-missing-tot/

cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6187
Location : Here, there and everywhere
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2012-02-03

Back to top Go down

Re: MCCANNS DUMP KEY MEMBER OF THEIR TEAM - CLARENCE MITCHELL AXED

Post  interested on Tue 30 Aug - 18:55

I wonder who will be in charge of taking all those bids for the tenth anniversary "exclusives".

interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2391
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Re: MCCANNS DUMP KEY MEMBER OF THEIR TEAM - CLARENCE MITCHELL AXED

Post  malena stool on Tue 30 Aug - 22:04

Just £480,000 remaining out of the unknown £? millions sent in to, "Kate and Gerry at Rothley" at the behest of their Ambulance Chasing mouthpiece Mitchell.... What a P45 that was... Make them millions then get cast on the dung pile.... Where he belongs.

malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13244
Location : Spare room above the kitchen
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Re: MCCANNS DUMP KEY MEMBER OF THEIR TEAM - CLARENCE MITCHELL AXED

Post  SteveT on Tue 30 Aug - 22:38

I bet it was I'm off as you are running out of money, no you are not, you're sacked!

SteveT
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 596
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-27

Back to top Go down

Re: MCCANNS DUMP KEY MEMBER OF THEIR TEAM - CLARENCE MITCHELL AXED

Post  SteveT on Tue 30 Aug - 23:13

I bet it was I'm off as you are running out of money, no you are not, you're sacked!

SteveT
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 596
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-27

Back to top Go down

Re: MCCANNS DUMP KEY MEMBER OF THEIR TEAM - CLARENCE MITCHELL AXED

Post  interested on Wed 31 Aug - 0:07

According to the Express Mitchell was told his services were no longer needed in the form of a 'text message' from Gerry who said the family had to cut costs from "their" budget. Worded to make it sound like the McCanns were personally paying him rather than coming from the money donated by the generous public. I just hope Mitchell didn't get a 'golden handshake' of 270 thousand pound (the difference between the 750,000 mentioned earlier and the 480,000 stated as remaining).

interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2391
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Re: MCCANNS DUMP KEY MEMBER OF THEIR TEAM - CLARENCE MITCHELL AXED

Post  weissnicht on Wed 31 Aug - 11:24

interested wrote:According to the Express Mitchell was told his services were no longer needed in the form of a 'text message' from Gerry who said the family had to cut costs from "their" budget.  Worded to make it sound like the McCanns were personally paying him rather than coming from the money donated by the generous public.  I just hope Mitchell didn't get a 'golden handshake' of 270 thousand pound (the difference between the 750,000 mentioned earlier and the 480,000 stated as remaining).

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccanns-parents-ready-continue-6370581

"He told how former GP Kate and heart doctor Gerry, both 37, of Rothley, Leics, had moved money from the publicly-backed Find Maddie Fund into a special account in anticipation of having to finance the hunt for their daughter themselves.

Mr Mitchell said: “In a common sense and practical move, they have kept some money back from the Find Madeleine Fund in case it is needed for an ongoing search.”


Last edited by weissnicht on Wed 31 Aug - 14:55; edited 1 time in total

weissnicht
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 810
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Re: MCCANNS DUMP KEY MEMBER OF THEIR TEAM - CLARENCE MITCHELL AXED

Post  SteveT on Wed 31 Aug - 11:30

Both 37 !!!!

SteveT
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 596
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-27

Back to top Go down

Re: MCCANNS DUMP KEY MEMBER OF THEIR TEAM - CLARENCE MITCHELL AXED

Post  Not Born Yesterday on Wed 31 Aug - 12:24

That story is from a year ago when the McCanns were 47 - just a typo.

Not Born Yesterday
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6695
Age : 103
Location : Over the hills and far away
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Re: MCCANNS DUMP KEY MEMBER OF THEIR TEAM - CLARENCE MITCHELL AXED

Post  interested on Wed 31 Aug - 16:50

weissnicht wrote:
interested wrote:According to the Express Mitchell was told his services were no longer needed in the form of a 'text message' from Gerry who said the family had to cut costs from "their" budget.  Worded to make it sound like the McCanns were personally paying him rather than coming from the money donated by the generous public.  I just hope Mitchell didn't get a 'golden handshake' of 270 thousand pound (the difference between the 750,000 mentioned earlier and the 480,000 stated as remaining).

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccanns-parents-ready-continue-6370581

"He told how former GP Kate and heart doctor Gerry, both 37, of Rothley, Leics, had moved money from the publicly-backed Find Maddie Fund into a special account in anticipation of having to finance the hunt for their daughter themselves.

Mr Mitchell said: “In a common sense and practical move, they have kept some money back from the Find Madeleine Fund in case it is needed for an ongoing search.”

I had forgotten about that 'second fund' - the 'special' account. I have to wonder if the McCanns and Mitchell are on 'speaking' terms these days since their communication appears to be in the form of e-mail or text.

interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2391
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Re: MCCANNS DUMP KEY MEMBER OF THEIR TEAM - CLARENCE MITCHELL AXED

Post  weissnicht on Wed 31 Aug - 17:18

interested wrote:
weissnicht wrote:
interested wrote:According to the Express Mitchell was told his services were no longer needed in the form of a 'text message' from Gerry who said the family had to cut costs from "their" budget.  Worded to make it sound like the McCanns were personally paying him rather than coming from the money donated by the generous public.  I just hope Mitchell didn't get a 'golden handshake' of 270 thousand pound (the difference between the 750,000 mentioned earlier and the 480,000 stated as remaining).

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccanns-parents-ready-continue-6370581

"He told how former GP Kate and heart doctor Gerry, both 37, of Rothley, Leics, had moved money from the publicly-backed Find Maddie Fund into a special account in anticipation of having to finance the hunt for their daughter themselves.

Mr Mitchell said: “In a common sense and practical move, they have kept some money back from the Find Madeleine Fund in case it is needed for an ongoing search.”

I had forgotten about that 'second fund' - the 'special' account.  I have to wonder if the McCanns and Mitchell are on 'speaking' terms these days since their communication appears to be in the form of e-mail or text.
I have missed it all together. Can't really bother to read UK press re mccanns much lately. Somebody in twitter pointed it out for me. Mitchel is not doing good PR..that much is sure.
-dumped by email
-moved money to 'special account'
is making mccanns look dodgy. He should know better. What is he up to?

weissnicht
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 810
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Re: MCCANNS DUMP KEY MEMBER OF THEIR TEAM - CLARENCE MITCHELL AXED

Post  interested on Wed 31 Aug - 17:51

weissnicht wrote:
interested wrote:
weissnicht wrote:
interested wrote:According to the Express Mitchell was told his services were no longer needed in the form of a 'text message' from Gerry who said the family had to cut costs from "their" budget.  Worded to make it sound like the McCanns were personally paying him rather than coming from the money donated by the generous public.  I just hope Mitchell didn't get a 'golden handshake' of 270 thousand pound (the difference between the 750,000 mentioned earlier and the 480,000 stated as remaining).

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccanns-parents-ready-continue-6370581

"He told how former GP Kate and heart doctor Gerry, both 37, of Rothley, Leics, had moved money from the publicly-backed Find Maddie Fund into a special account in anticipation of having to finance the hunt for their daughter themselves.

Mr Mitchell said: “In a common sense and practical move, they have kept some money back from the Find Madeleine Fund in case it is needed for an ongoing search.”

I had forgotten about that 'second fund' - the 'special' account.  I have to wonder if the McCanns and Mitchell are on 'speaking' terms these days since their communication appears to be in the form of e-mail or text.
I have missed it all together. Can't really bother to read UK press re mccanns much lately. Somebody in twitter pointed it out for me. Mitchel is not doing good PR..that much is sure.
-dumped by email
-moved money to 'special account'
is making mccanns look dodgy. He should know better. What is he up to?

Maybe he (and others) expect the McCanns are going to lose the damages case in Lisbon and is getting a sense of the public's response (via published comments) to the dodgy couple. If I didn't detest Mitchell so much, I'd pay to read any book he might want to write chronicling his involvement with the McCanns - but only if it was factual - and that isn't going to happen - anything he would have to say would only be more P.R. spin to rehabilitate himself for going along with the McCanns long term agenda re "abduction".

interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2391
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Re: MCCANNS DUMP KEY MEMBER OF THEIR TEAM - CLARENCE MITCHELL AXED

Post  Chris on Wed 31 Aug - 18:47

interested wrote:
weissnicht wrote:
interested wrote:According to the Express Mitchell was told his services were no longer needed in the form of a 'text message' from Gerry who said the family had to cut costs from "their" budget.  Worded to make it sound like the McCanns were personally paying him rather than coming from the money donated by the generous public.  I just hope Mitchell didn't get a 'golden handshake' of 270 thousand pound (the difference between the 750,000 mentioned earlier and the 480,000 stated as remaining).

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccanns-parents-ready-continue-6370581

"He told how former GP Kate and heart doctor Gerry, both 37, of Rothley, Leics, had moved money from the publicly-backed Find Maddie Fund into a special account in anticipation of having to finance the hunt for their daughter themselves.

Mr Mitchell said: “In a common sense and practical move, they have kept some money back from the Find Madeleine Fund in case it is needed for an ongoing search.”

I had forgotten about that 'second fund' - the 'special' account.  I have to wonder if the McCanns and Mitchell are on 'speaking' terms these days since their communication appears to be in the form of e-mail or text.

Personally I think too much is read into the "second fund". At the time the book proceeds etc were boosting the accounts a "restricted" allocation of funds was identified in the accounts for the "search". Co-incidentally this I think approximated to the receipt from the Sun for serialiastion rights. It wouldn't surprise me if the Sun attached conditions to the payment (ie it couldn't be used to fund their court cases) hence the "restricted" badge. It would also make sense with CM trying to make a virtue out of something over which they had little control.

Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1607
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Re: MCCANNS DUMP KEY MEMBER OF THEIR TEAM - CLARENCE MITCHELL AXED

Post  Sponsored content Today at 20:02


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum