Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Was Madeleine's DNA tested at two months old?

5 posters

Go down

Was Madeleine's DNA tested at two months old?  Empty Was Madeleine's DNA tested at two months old?

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 12 Jan - 12:29

Someone on Facebook is insisting that Madeleine's DNA was tested when she was 2 months old to verify that Gerry was her real father. I have never heard of that, but the person on Facebook insists that this happened, that there was a link to the information which has disappeared.

Does this sound familiar?
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :
Was Madeleine's DNA tested at two months old?  Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Was Madeleine's DNA tested at two months old?  Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Was Madeleine's DNA tested at two months old?  Empty Re: Was Madeleine's DNA tested at two months old?

Post  malena stool Thu 12 Jan - 13:48

I vaguely remember that discussion on either 3As or perhaps the Mirror, Anna I'm not sure which..

The earliest referrals to both Madeleine and DNA I can find are listed below. I do remember that Dr Gerry did fly back to the UK in order to kindly gather some of Madeleine's DNA for the investigation. (Is this an act which would have been allowed by any Police Force in the world in any other case? Especially in an investigation where the; 'delivery boy' was considered as one of the prime suspects?

It's just sprang to mind that the 'loving and caring'' 'health professionals' who were Madeleine's parents only took one toothbrush to be used by all three children... Wow, that saved some weight on the plane.....

Madeleine: 'Fatal flaw' over test that found DNA in parents' hire car
By JASON LEWIS
Last updated at 13:12 09 September 2007

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-480803/Madeleine-Fatal-flaw-test-DNA-parents-hire-car.html

The Daily Mail 22:46 08 January 2008:
Blood found in McCanns' hire car 'DID come from Madeleine'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-506725/Blood-McCanns-hire-car-DID-come-Madeleine.html#ixzz4VYF5PqIz
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-506725/Blood-McCanns-hire-car-DID-come-Madeleine.html
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :
Was Madeleine's DNA tested at two months old?  Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Was Madeleine's DNA tested at two months old?  Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Was Madeleine's DNA tested at two months old?  Empty Re: Was Madeleine's DNA tested at two months old?

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 12 Jan - 13:57

malena stool wrote:I vaguely remember that discussion on either 3As or perhaps the Mirror, Anna I'm not sure which..

The earliest referrals to both Madeleine and DNA I can find are listed below. I do remember that Dr Gerry did fly back to the UK in order to kindly gather some of Madeleine's DNA for the investigation. (Is this an act which would have been allowed by any Police Force in the world in any other case? Especially in an investigation where the; 'delivery boy' was considered as one of the prime suspects?

It's just sprang to mind that the 'loving and caring'' 'health professionals' who were Madeleine's parents only took one toothbrush to be used by all three children... Wow, that saved some weight on the plane.....

Madeleine: 'Fatal flaw' over test that found DNA in parents' hire car
By JASON LEWIS
Last updated at 13:12 09 September 2007

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-480803/Madeleine-Fatal-flaw-test-DNA-parents-hire-car.html

The Daily Mail 22:46 08 January 2008:
Blood found in McCanns' hire car 'DID come from Madeleine'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-506725/Blood-McCanns-hire-car-DID-come-Madeleine.html#ixzz4VYF5PqIz
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-506725/Blood-McCanns-hire-car-DID-come-Madeleine.html

The Facebook person has presented what she considers evidence that Maddie's DNA was tested at age 2 months, but as far as I can see the only test mentioned in this article is the one done on the hair Gerry collected from Rothley after Maddie disappeared.

Correio da Manha

03 May 2011

Madeleine McCann disappeared four years ago. The couple registered the girl three months after she was born, and to the Judicial Police, never explained the reason why

She was registered 3 months after being born and celebrated her birthday on a third date

Read more details in the paper edition of 'Correio da Manha.

She was registered 3 months after being born and celebrated her birthday on a third date

Four years have passed since Madeleine McCann disappeared from the tourist resort where she was spending her holidays with her parents and friends in Praia da Luz, in Lagos, Algarve. The police case is still shelved without the mystery being resolved, between the hypotheses of abduction, murder or fatal accident - and the police do not have an answer from the McCanns: why was the little girl was registered 3 months after being born and celebrates her birthday on a different date.

Maddie disappeared from her bedroom where she slept with her twin siblings Sean and Amelie on the night of 3 May 2007. The date of birth on her passport - the only identity document given by the family to the PJ - is 12 May 2003 and this is the date when her birthday is celebrated.

However, in accordance with a document from the Leicestershire police - the area of residence of the McCann family - which reached the PJ 15 days after the child's disappearance, Madeleine McCann was born on 12 March 2003 and was registered on 5 June the same year. In view of the difference of 3 months between the birth and the registration, the same report alerted to the possibility that the child had another father - but DNA tests confirmed that Gerry was the father. The sample which was used in the tests, in an English laboratory, was a hair found in her bedroom, assumed to be hers since it was proven that it did not come from her younger siblings.

The parents, Kate and Gerry, never explained the differences in the birth dates and the birthday and why they took three months to register the little girl. Sources close to the investigation assured Correio da Manha that they never had any replies to these questions. The investigators ended up assuming that the delay in the registration was due to formalities with the artificial insemination.

AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Keela Thu 12 Jan - 14:13

Does that mean that she was born on one date and they decided that her "birthday" should be a different date? I thought that there was a time limit in which you had to register births ( and deaths) but I am sure that three months isn't that time limit.
Keela
Keela
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2360
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 12 Jan - 14:28

Keela wrote:Does that mean that she was born on one date and they decided that her "birthday" should be a different date? I thought that there was a time limit in which you had to register births ( and deaths) but I am sure that three months isn't that time limit.

I don't know where CdM got that information from or how they extrapolated from it that Maddie's birth date was not May 12th.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Thu 12 Jan - 17:34

If I remember correctly Madeleine was born on the continent, (Norway or Sweden I believe) There is a set procedure to follow if this is the case... https://www.gov.uk/register-a-birth

You must register your child’s birth according to the regulations in the country where the child was born. They’ll give you a local birth certificate.
This local birth certificate should be accepted in the UK, eg when you apply for a passport or register with a school or doctor. You might need to have it translated and certified if it isn’t in English.

Once you’ve registered locally you may also be able to register the birth with the UK authorities. You can only do this if the child was born on or after 1 January 1983.

All births in England, Wales and Northern Ireland must be registered within 42 days of the child being born. Scotland is 21 days.
https://www.gov.uk/register-birth

malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Thu 12 Jan - 21:10

When mine were born, they were registered in Portugal, then again at the British embassy where they got a British birth certificate
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 12 Jan - 22:16

I had the idea that Maddie had been born abroad, but all I have found on Google is that she was born in Leicester.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Fri 13 Jan - 8:10

AnnaEsse wrote:I had the idea that Maddie had been born abroad, but all I have found on Google is that she was born in Leicester.

I think she had IVF in Amsterdam and that is where we got the born abroad idea
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Fri 13 Jan - 13:49

fred wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:I had the idea that Maddie had been born abroad, but all I have found on Google is that she was born in Leicester.

I think that's where the idea came from. I still can't accept that Madeleine was born in March and Kate and Gerry lied about the date because I don't see any reason for that.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidA Thu 2 Feb - 9:45

AnnaEsse wrote:
fred wrote:

I think that's where the idea came from. I still can't accept that Madeleine was born in March and Kate and Gerry lied about the date because I don't see any reason for that.

i can not think of a reason also. But I always was thinking that there was more to the reason for this holiday. It did not appear a typical family holiday. For example, the issue of few holiday photos, the airport bus video with angry / unhappy Gerry, the report of Gerry and Kate problems there, and some desire or reason to leave the children on multiple occasions (we must never forget, leaving the children on the tapas evening was at least the second time they went out witout children, with reports they were told a child was crying on previous occasion).

So I believe anything unusual about the time before the holiday can be very important.
DavidA
DavidA
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 385
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum