Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

haysmacintyre resigning as auditors

3 posters

Go down

haysmacintyre resigning as auditors Empty haysmacintyre resigning as auditors

Post  cherry1 Thu 9 Mar - 20:20

cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6529
Warning :
haysmacintyre resigning as auditors Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100haysmacintyre resigning as auditors Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2012-02-03

Back to top Go down

haysmacintyre resigning as auditors Empty Re: haysmacintyre resigning as auditors

Post  interested Thu 9 Mar - 20:54

Many thanks to "cherry1" for the link. It appears this comes just a few days after the Portuguese Court ruling. I hope Enid O'Dowd weighs in on this resignation because, having worked for Price Waterhouse, CA's (in my previous 'life') I can't remember the firm ever ditching a client. Quite the opposite in fact, they were always on the lookout for new clients. I hope Mr. Amaral, as a creditor of the McCanns is not adversely affected by this surprising resignation. It certainly will raise a lot of speculation!!
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :
haysmacintyre resigning as auditors Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100haysmacintyre resigning as auditors Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

haysmacintyre resigning as auditors Empty Re: haysmacintyre resigning as auditors

Post  interested Thu 9 Mar - 23:35

Having more thoughts about this resignation - possibly SY, in the course of the investigation, had reason to question certain aspects relating to the McCanns' rush to set up the Fund, such as funds being available to the McCanns for legal expenses, etc. Certainly any reasonable person would question why the parents of a missing child would need to be concerned about lawyers' fees, that is assuming they had nothing to hide.

I just find it odd that this accounting firm, which has been with the Fund since its inception would 'pick up sticks' and resign at this particular time. Possibly there was a disagreement with the clients over disbursements/investments; or the firm no longer wanted to be associated with the McCanns because they were considered to be hurting the firm's reputation.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Fri 10 Mar - 11:08

The timing looks a little odd if all is well. It may be that the auditors are unhappy if it appears that the full legal costs are to be borne by the fund. The family support clause was removed from the M&A a few years ago and the legal fees are the personal liability of the appellants. While the auditors might have been happy to accept some of the expenses of earlier years on the grounds of materiality, a figure in six figures could be another matter.
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum