Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

complaint rejected

+3
AnnaEsse
cherry1
kitti
7 posters

Go down

complaint rejected Empty complaint rejected

Post  tanszi Tue 21 Mar - 17:47

just seen on twitter news from Portugal  McCanns Complaint rejected.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :
complaint rejected Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100complaint rejected Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

complaint rejected Empty Re: complaint rejected

Post  kitti Tue 21 Mar - 17:49

So that's why thete has been loads of McCann stories in the news
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :
complaint rejected Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100complaint rejected Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Tue 21 Mar - 17:52

yes kitti some one just posted official judicial document on twitter so true. well Dr Goncalo Amaral has his life back great news
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Tue 21 Mar - 17:59

WOW!! That was swift; I was afraid the decision on the complaint would take much longer. Mr. Amaral must be so pleased he and his family can get on with their lives after being persecuted by the McCanns all these years.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Tue 21 Mar - 18:24

If the McCanns had a 'heads up' on this rejection it might explain the "We can't take it" closing then re-opening their Facebook account.

I hope the rejection means that Mr. Amaral's assets will be released without further delay.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Tue 21 Mar - 19:58

cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6529
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Tue 21 Mar - 20:51

This is absolutely wonderful and I hope this is the end of it. I don't think the McCanns would be successful if they now went to the European Court because of the recent decision of that court that a Portuguese journalist had the right to freedom of speech and also because in their 75 page ruling, the Supreme Court judges made reference to rights under the ECHR.

There is no higher court in Portugal to which the McCanns can take this fight - and the grounds for appeal to the European Court of Human Rights are “highly dubious”, said a source, particularly as Supreme Court judges referred to tenets set out by the ECHR in their 75-page deliberation.

http://portugalresident.com/mccann%E2%80%99s-%E2%80%9Cfrivolity%E2%80%9D-complaint-rejected-gon%C3%A7alo-amaral%E2%80%99s-%E2%80%98libel-win%E2%80%99-confirmed-for-3rd-time
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Tue 21 Mar - 22:13

I too hope this is the end of it, and that "....finally his assets and property should be 'unfrozen'; allowing him to return to the full control of his life".
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Tue 21 Mar - 22:15

interested wrote:I too hope this is the end of it, and that  "....finally his assets and property should be 'unfrozen'; allowing him to return to the full control of his life".

I hope so too. complaint rejected Icon_flower
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Tue 21 Mar - 23:03

and me its been too long that he and his family have been derided and subjected to theirs whimsx ill drink a toast to him tonight.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Wed 22 Mar - 14:46

Well that took long enough - from The Sun: "Madeleine McCann's parents Kate and Gerry lose third libel battle to silence cop who claims they faked her kidnap" and by Danny Collins - I guess Tracey Kandohla is still awaiting her instructions from Clarence Mitchell - nice mention in The Sun's article of The Truth of the Lie.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  frencheuropean Thu 23 Mar - 1:22

Very happy for G.Amaral.I hope now the S.Y review will end with a sound conclusion.
frencheuropean
frencheuropean
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1203
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post  squeaker Sun 2 Apr - 22:28

Does anyone know when the amounts to be paid will be known and when they will have to be paid by?
squeaker
squeaker
Rookie
Rookie

Female
Number of posts : 146
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Mon 3 Apr - 1:19

squeaker wrote:Does anyone know when the amounts to be paid will be known and when they will have to be paid by?

Considering Mr. Amaral's assets were frozen when the McCanns launched their lawsuit, I would think once they lost and his assets unfrozen, they would have to pay up immediately - I guess there is a chance the McCanns may try a further appeal - but the thing is I haven't seen a due date mentioned.

What does vex me is the UK press are all about how, if the McCanns have to pay Mr. Amarall, the Fund will be depleted. The Fund is a limited company which did not sue Mr. Amaral - it was the McCann couple who sued and should be held personally accountable for the damages incurred by the loss But then again, careful consideration was given at the time the Fund (limited company) was set up for provision to cover "their" legal expenses, so I suppose it is well within the McCanns' "reasonable expectations" that personally they are off the hook.

Clever of Gerry to envision the need for legal expenses. If my child was missing the last thing I would be thinking about would be that I might need a lawyer. I would be out looking myself and assisting the police in their search, not contemplating that I would be charged with a crime.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  squeaker Wed 12 Apr - 8:58

Three weeks ago everything was unravelling very quicky and we were all hopeful of an end to this tragic story. Now, nothing seems to have changed. There is still talk of the big anniversary, still a possible appearance on TV with a choir, still ambassador to Missing people, still got lawyers watching etc. What, if anything, is happening? Does anybody know? Have they paid their debts?
squeaker
squeaker
Rookie
Rookie

Female
Number of posts : 146
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down