Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madeleine McCann’s Father Says It’s ‘Unfair’ To Criticise Millions Spent On Investigation

3 posters

Go down

Madeleine McCann’s Father Says It’s ‘Unfair’ To Criticise Millions Spent On Investigation Empty Madeleine McCann’s Father Says It’s ‘Unfair’ To Criticise Millions Spent On Investigation

Post  malena stool Sun 30 Apr - 12:47

Madeleine McCann’s Father Says It’s ‘Unfair’ To Criticise Millions Spent On Investigation
More than £11 million has been spent on the inquiry so far.
30/04/2017 09:37

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/madeleine-mccann-father-says-unfair-to-criticise-millions-spent-investigation_uk_5904b202e4b05c39767fe744?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl1%7Csec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D1452814038_uk

Kathryn Snowdon
News reporter,

HuffPost UK

Criticising the amount of public money spent on the search for Madeleine McCann is “unfair”, her father has said.
Gerry McCann said anyone whose child had been abducted while on holiday abroad would think it “reasonable” everything that could be done to find their loved one was being done.
Last month the Home Office confirmed £85,000 was being given to the UK-based Metropolitan Police inquiry to cover operational costs from April to September.

In all, more than £11 million has been spent on the inquiry so far.

During an interview marking the 10th anniversary of Madeleine’s disappearance from her Portuguese holiday apartment, Mr McCann said it was right to bring resources to bear to investigate criminal acts against Britons abroad.
He said: “I think some of that criticism is really quite unfair actually, because I know it’s a single missing child, but there are millions of British tourists that go to the Algarve, year-on-year, and essentially you’ve got a British subject who was the subject of a crime.
“There were other crimes that came to light following Madeleine’s abduction, that involved British tourists, so I think prosecuting it (the investigation) to a reasonable end is what you would expect.”
He added: “Others within law enforcement have made it very clear, this type of stranger abduction is exceptionally rare actually and we need to put it into perspective and it’s partly why Madeleine’s case is attracting so much attention, thrown in with many other ingredients, but this type of abduction is exceptionally rare.”

PA Archive/PA Images
Undated McCann family handout of missing three-year-old Madeleine McCann.
Kate McCann said she “used to feel really embarrassed when people used to say about the amount of money”, but added that “other big cases, like Stephen Lawrence, these cases cost a huge amount of money”.
Mrs McCann added: “I guess the one thing, because you always do feel guilty as the parent of a missing child - that other families haven’t had the publicity and the money, and I know there’s reasons why that happened, but I guess the positive is that it has certainly brought the whole issue of missing children to the forefront and I think people have benefited in many different ways, really.
“Because of that. I know the charity Missing People has had a lot of attention, haven’t they and all the families have come together I think it’s just highlighted it, made people more aware, and those families have had more support from each other.”
Around 30 British detectives were working on the UK side of the investigation into Madeleine’s disappearance, known as Operation Grange, when it was established in 2011.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :
Madeleine McCann’s Father Says It’s ‘Unfair’ To Criticise Millions Spent On Investigation Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Madeleine McCann’s Father Says It’s ‘Unfair’ To Criticise Millions Spent On Investigation Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Madeleine McCann’s Father Says It’s ‘Unfair’ To Criticise Millions Spent On Investigation Empty Re: Madeleine McCann’s Father Says It’s ‘Unfair’ To Criticise Millions Spent On Investigation

Post  Badboy Sun 30 Apr - 14:16

11million and rising, i presume
WHAT COULD 11 MILLION HAD BEEN SPEND ON INSTEAD,THINGS LIKE HOSPITALS,NURSES ETC ETC
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 8852
Warning :
Madeleine McCann’s Father Says It’s ‘Unfair’ To Criticise Millions Spent On Investigation Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Madeleine McCann’s Father Says It’s ‘Unfair’ To Criticise Millions Spent On Investigation Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Madeleine McCann’s Father Says It’s ‘Unfair’ To Criticise Millions Spent On Investigation Empty Re: Madeleine McCann’s Father Says It’s ‘Unfair’ To Criticise Millions Spent On Investigation

Post  Keela Tue 2 May - 13:16

How many people be they children or adults, have gone missing in recent years. How much has been spent on searching for them. Nowhere near the crazy amount been spent on looking for one child. There is obviously something which makes this child more important than the rest. I hope that some time we will find out what that is. Imagine you had a child go missing at the same time as Madeleine. Wouldn't you want the UK government to spend at least a much as they have spent on her, looking for your child?
Keela
Keela
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2360
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Tue 2 May - 20:39

Keela wrote:How many people be they children or adults, have gone missing in recent years. How much has been spent on searching for them. Nowhere near the crazy amount been spent on looking for one child. There is obviously something which makes this child more important than the rest. I hope that some time we will find out what that is. Imagine you had a child go missing at the same time as Madeleine. Wouldn't you want the UK government to spend at least a much as they have spent on her, looking for your child?

You are absolutely right Keela, but normal parents would also be expected to take part in the investigation by answering all police questions. The McCanns total input to the search is to use public donated funds to sue those who doubt their highly implausable scenario and continuing to apply for yet more government funding while complaining how unfairly and harshly they are being treated by the media and the public. Strangely Madeleine herself barely gets a mention....
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum