Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

McCanns to sue Goncalo Amaral Thread....

+20
Jem
ali1966
fred
quickfingers
steve1295
Susan
Judge Dread
suzyone
pm
fishie
Angelina
margaret
Justiceforallkids
Carolina
Colonel Fabien
halfamo
lubelle
Krisy22
Pabby
FSoares
24 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

McCanns to sue Goncalo Amaral Thread.... - Page 4 Empty Re: McCanns to sue Goncalo Amaral Thread....

Post  Susan Sun 17 May - 14:37

eddie wrote:How can he sue them??? What is he suing them for?

Maybe for getting CM to keep telling all the media he was disgraced...didnt do enough....etc etc ....

Actually he's one step ahead of them.....the McCanns could be bluffing....but if they do back out....he can still get them into a courtroom.....

They wont like this... McCanns to sue Goncalo Amaral Thread.... - Page 4 23324
Susan
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 11477
Location : Spain. The place where children are welcome in tapas bars
Warning :
McCanns to sue Goncalo Amaral Thread.... - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100McCanns to sue Goncalo Amaral Thread.... - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-07-21

https://missingmadeleine.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

McCanns to sue Goncalo Amaral Thread.... - Page 4 Empty Re: McCanns to sue Goncalo Amaral Thread....

Post  Susan Sun 17 May - 14:42

Claudia heard it directly from Amaral:

The news was on TVI minutes ago. It's not his reactions to yesterday's news. He said his lawyer hadn't been notified yet but that his team of lawyers wasn't going to wait to be notified to take action. I take it it's for defamation. After all they recently said that he wasn't interested in finding MAdeleine...

McCanns to sue Goncalo Amaral Thread.... - Page 4 Shithitsfan02co4
Susan
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :
McCanns to sue Goncalo Amaral Thread.... - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100McCanns to sue Goncalo Amaral Thread.... - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 17 May - 14:46

Ambersuz wrote:Claudia heard it directly from Amaral:

The news was on TVI minutes ago. It's not his reactions to yesterday's news. He said his lawyer hadn't been notified yet but that his team of lawyers wasn't going to wait to be notified to take action. I take it it's for defamation. After all they recently said that he wasn't interested in finding MAdeleine...

McCanns to sue Goncalo Amaral Thread.... - Page 4 Shithitsfan02co4

Hahahhahahahhahaaha! Brilliant emoticon!!!!

I'm nicking that one for Hand McCanns to sue Goncalo Amaral Thread.... - Page 4 849426
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 17 May - 15:13

McCanns to sue Goncalo Amaral Thread.... - Page 4 29204 I've missed some good news. Going to have a read around McCanns to sue Goncalo Amaral Thread.... - Page 4 307691
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 17 May - 15:27

McCanns to sue Goncalo Amaral Thread.... - Page 4 29204
That's good news.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 17 May - 15:35

They are rabbits in a headlight.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 17 May - 16:12

Defamation of character if they say he is lying. The same as they can do with him if it turns out he is lying.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Susan Sun 17 May - 16:28

Antoinette wrote:

Defamation of character if they say he is lying. The same as they can do with him if it turns out he is lying.

He cant be lying if its in the files and statements.....

However saying he bodged up the investigation when the British police agreed with him is libel.....especially if he kept all the emails to prove it....and I'm sure he has Martin Grimes report....and the British police agreeing with that too.....

Now lets see how the McCanns can prove an abductor exists hmmmm
Susan
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 17 May - 16:42

Im still on 2 minds with this case. The only thing I can say is fair though is we can read both sides of the story on here. Yes the mccanns are guilty of leaving 3 children unatended at night which is a huge crime in itself but the rest of it I still don't know.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Susan Sun 17 May - 16:52

Antoinette wrote:Im still on 2 minds with this case. The only thing I can say is fair though is we can read both sides of the story on here. Yes the mccanns are guilty of leaving 3 children unatended at night which is a huge crime in itself but the rest of it I still don't know.

Well thats cause you dont read up on all the news like most of us here do....

Alot of things dont make sense....but the truth will come out....hopefully for Maddie's sake McCanns to sue Goncalo Amaral Thread.... - Page 4 Icon_flower
Susan
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 17 May - 16:56

Ambersuz wrote:http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2009/05/breaking-news-goncalo-amaral-to-sue.html

Gonçalo Amaral said to TVI today that he will sue the McCanns.

Gonçalo Amaral also stated that' the McCanns are very fearful that the process might be reopened, but this is their strategy'.

will be updated

by Joana Morais

What will he be sueing them for? I hope he bashes Clarence McCanns to sue Goncalo Amaral Thread.... - Page 4 23324
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 17 May - 17:04

Ambersuz wrote:
Antoinette wrote:Im still on 2 minds with this case. The only thing I can say is fair though is we can read both sides of the story on here. Yes the mccanns are guilty of leaving 3 children unatended at night which is a huge crime in itself but the rest of it I still don't know.

Alot of things dont make sense....but the truth will come out....hopefully for Maddie's sake McCanns to sue Goncalo Amaral Thread.... - Page 4 Icon_flower
:Wave:
I will get to read everything on here at some stage. I just have to find about 3 weeks where I have nothing else on to do it. McCanns to sue Goncalo Amaral Thread.... - Page 4 Icon_flower
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 17 May - 17:08

McCanns to sue Goncalo Amaral Thread.... - Page 4 Sorted
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 17 May - 17:45

Antoinette wrote:
Ambersuz wrote:

:Wave:
I will get to read everything on here at some stage. I just have to find about 3 weeks where I have nothing else on to do it. McCanns to sue Goncalo Amaral Thread.... - Page 4 Icon_flower

Make sure you got loads of coffee McCanns to sue Goncalo Amaral Thread.... - Page 4 857143
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  FSoares Sun 17 May - 20:01

I still doubt the McCanns will sue Amaral, because in that case the process needs to be re-opened. If I am getting it straight, Amaral just defends the theory Madeleine died on the appartment and that the McCann's statements and friends Co. Ltd., are full of inconsistencies - in a nutshell - he never said directly "they did it". He keeps saying she died there and that no abductor has entered the flat.

So, what are the allegations from the McCann side? I see here no reason to sue but let's them open the chess game.
FSoares
FSoares

Female
Number of posts : 1448
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-04-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Susan Sun 17 May - 20:20

FSoares wrote:I still doubt the McCanns will sue Amaral, because in that case the process needs to be re-opened. If I am getting it straight, Amaral just defends the theory Madeleine died on the appartment and that the McCann's statements and friends Co. Ltd., are full of inconsistencies - in a nutshell - he never said directly "they did it". He keeps saying she died there and that no abductor has entered the flat.

So, what are the allegations from the McCann side? I see here no reason to sue but let's them open the chess game.

If that happened then Amaral will check-mate them in 2 seconds flat McCanns to sue Goncalo Amaral Thread.... - Page 4 849426
Susan
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

McCanns to sue Goncalo Amaral Thread.... - Page 4 Empty Ex-Cop: ''I Want To See McCanns In Court'' - Sky News reporting

Post  Guest Sun 17 May - 20:37

7:34pm UK, Sunday May 17, 2009

The disgraced former police chief who investigated the disappearance of Madeleine McCann said he is going to fight legal action from her parents.

Kate and Gerry McCann announced this weekend they are to sue Goncalo Amaral for defamation after he claimed in a book and series of interviews that they were involved in the little girl's death.

The couple, from Rothley, Leicestershire, said they are taking action because his claims that Madeleine is dead are hampering the search for their daughter.

His comments had also caused "indescribable devastation and suffering" to their lives, they said.

But Mr Amaral, who was in charge when the McCanns were made official suspects and was later removed from the case, said he plans to counter-sue the pair.

"My lawyers are working on the case and we will take the McCann couple to court and perhaps other people for defamation, slanderous denunciations and false statements," he said on Portuguese TV.

The McCanns want a gagging order to prevent further publication of Mr Amaral's "deeply offensive" book The Truth of the Lie.

They also aim to block broadcast of his TV documentary and publication of his "disgraceful thesis" that they were involved in their daughter's disappearance.

They said in a statement: "The primary reason for our legal action is simple: to stop any negative effect that these absurd and deeply hurtful claims may be having on the ongoing search for Madeleine.

"We can no longer stand back and watch as Mr Amaral tries to convince the entire world that Madeleine is dead.

"Nor can we allow this blatant injustice to Madeleine, with its obvious risk of hindering our attempts to find her, to continue."

Madeleine disappeared two years ago in Praia da Luz, Portugal, while her parents dined in a nearby tapas bar.

The couple recently marked the second anniversary with a PR offensive incorporating renewed appeals for information into Madeleine's disappearance.

They will join families of other vanished youngsters at London's South Bank on Monday to mark International Missing Children's Day.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 17 May - 20:38

Just watch now how many people will want to buy his book McCanns to sue Goncalo Amaral Thread.... - Page 4 23324
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 17 May - 22:40

Allstar wrote:Just watch now how many people will want to buy his book McCanns to sue Goncalo Amaral Thread.... - Page 4 23324

Good when is it out in the UK?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  lynn Mon 18 May - 0:48

The McCanns thought they had it all made and had covered their tracks. Unfortunately, someone has come and put their finger in the soup.
lynn
lynn
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 928
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post  lynn Mon 18 May - 0:53

I for one will buy his book! All banned books are worth reading.
lynn
lynn
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 928
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 18 May - 6:51

FSoares wrote:I still doubt the McCanns will sue Amaral, because in that case the process needs to be re-opened. If I am getting it straight, Amaral just defends the theory Madeleine died on the appartment and that the McCann's statements and friends Co. Ltd., are full of inconsistencies - in a nutshell - he never said directly "they did it". He keeps saying she died there and that no abductor has entered the flat.

A rep point for that FSoares. That is exactly the stance Gonçalo Amaral has taken and I think he is spot on.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

McCanns to sue Goncalo Amaral Thread.... - Page 4 Empty Gonçalo Amaral Countersues the McCann

Post  pm Mon 18 May - 9:12

Voice Over: The RTP [state TV channel] questioned Gonçalo Amaral, who was on his way to another meeting with officers of the British Police, who also follow the Maddie case. The reaction of the Former Judiciary Police Inspector is to counter attack.

Gonçalo Amaral: We were expecting that they did something, they did it now. So, it's the right time to advance with a countersuit, to discuss the Maddie process itself; we must not forget, there are various diligences to be made.

Voice Over: The McCann Family decided to sue Gonçalo Amaral for defamation. The legal action is going to be made in Lisbon, it's based on what the former inspector reveals on the book 'Maddie, The Truth of the Lie', published in 2008.

Gonçalo Amaral: We are also going to court in another way, I'm going to proceed legally against the McCann for defamation, and also for slanderous denunciations and false statements.

Voice Over: Already this year, the McCann family made in Praia da Luz a documentary for TV, which pretends to be the counterpoint of the thesis presented in the book by Gonçalo Amaral - of the accidental death of the girl at the Lagos apartment.

By Joana Morais

http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2009/05/goncalo-amaral-countersues-mccann.html
pm
pm
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4300
Location : Cave of the MOUNTAIN OF THE 3RD WORLD - PORTUGAL - St Gerald i am sending your goats to you again
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Pabby Mon 18 May - 11:14

Why now? Why didn't they do this as soon as the book came out?

I've read a bit more now and it seems it's because he is publishing the book in America?
Pabby
Pabby
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 722
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Pabby Mon 18 May - 11:22

pm wrote:Must tell you that he continues to say that sadly this is only a thread
he will not be sue

They just stated on This Morning programme that they are suing him Paula - they stated the reasons were because what he is saying is detrimental to the search for Madeleine (nothing about what he's said about their involvement etc).
Pabby
Pabby
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 722
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next