Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

A Conference in PdL next May 1010 about good child care practise!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Conference in PdL next May 1010 about good child care practise!

Post  Susan on Wed 5 Aug - 18:38

http://madeleinefoundation.org/main/2009/07/a-conference-in-praia-da-luz-portugal-about-good-child-care-practice/

Hallo, I am Alexandra Correia from Portugal. My e-mail address is at the end of my message.

I am a painter, my husband is a physician and we have a daughter.

The story of Madeleine McCann made a big impact in us as a family.

Madeleine’s parents admit to leaving Madeleine and her 2-year-old twin sister and brother on their own in the evenings whilst they were out wining and dining.

I have been angered by that and by the casual reaction of so many people to this clear example of child neglect and putting children at risk. So I thought to go forward with some international event which could try to place the focus of the public opinion on what good parents should do to protect their children. That is very much about prevention of harm and, for example, staying with your children instead of leaving them alone during drinks and dinner night after night).

I also think that people in general (and even hotel staff) who detect children being neglected should be much more proactive and should find ways to draw attention to the situation. In Madeleine’s case, for example, a neighbour heard her cry for over an hour during the night but didn’t go down to find out what was the matter. It also seemed that all the McCanns’ friends also left their children alone during all their long dinners and the situation was noticed by the Ocean Club staff, but no-one did anything about it. I believe if they did, Madeleine might be alive today. So, you see, I think there are many lessons that could be learned from whatever happened to Madeleine.

I propose therefore that we should go ahead, gather widespread support and momentum and have an international meeting in or near Praia da Luz, because Madeleine’s plight helps us all to concentrate our minds on how we should be caring for our children. I think this meeting should take place in May 2010.

We would aim for serious media coverage. We could be wearing T-shirts with something like “Never leave your kids alone”. That would be automatically linked to the McCann’s neglect.

If my message seems good to you, please contact me and help me make this event happen. Below is my e-mail address.

Yours sincerely

Alexandra Correia

alxcorreia@netcabo.pt


Last edited by Susan on Tue 11 May - 18:30; edited 2 times in total
avatar
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 11477
Age : 57
Location : Spain. The place where children are welcome in tapas bars
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://missingmadeleine.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: A Conference in PdL next May 1010 about good child care practise!

Post  Susan on Wed 5 Aug - 18:38

Come on people....who can attend?

I certainly want to go!!
avatar
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 11477
Age : 57
Location : Spain. The place where children are welcome in tapas bars
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://missingmadeleine.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: A Conference in PdL next May 1010 about good child care practise!

Post  Susan on Wed 5 Aug - 18:57

justagrannynow wrote:My first thought is that anything which publicises the dangers of leaving young children alone is to be commended. It is the venue which concerns me. This lady doesn't say where she lives. Perhaps it is Praia da Luz and it would be a familiar place for her to make the arrangements, but is such an event, especially one inviting the media going to put the residents of PDL through more inconvenience and disruption ? I feel they should be left to get their lives back to some sort of normality.
IMO Lagos would be a better place. It is bigger and would cope better with media intrusion. Apart from that, I think it is a good idea and I wish the lady well.

Yes you are right but its a little different from what the McCanns did...they went to make a fantasy movie and put up posters all over the town....this is a one day affair to help all children!
avatar
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 11477
Age : 57
Location : Spain. The place where children are welcome in tapas bars
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://missingmadeleine.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: A Conference in PdL next May 1010 about good child care practise!

Post  Guest on Wed 5 Aug - 19:13

This should be a worldwide event. Have it in Every country in the World to raise awareness to Child neglect.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: A Conference in PdL next May 1010 about good child care practise!

Post  Quincy on Wed 5 Aug - 19:27

Antoinette wrote:This should be a worldwide event. Have it in Every country in the World to raise awareness to Child neglect.

Yep I agree
avatar
Quincy
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 841
Location : Southern Ireland.
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-07-26

Back to top Go down

Re: A Conference in PdL next May 1010 about good child care practise!

Post  Susan on Wed 5 Aug - 23:27

justagrannynow wrote:That's fine. Maybe I could persuade "the boss" to go later and stay longer this winter. Sounds as though it might coincide with Fuzzys holiday there too.

Well if a bunch of us could make it there it would be great!

And yes Antoinette its a great idea to have it in every country! Maybe this one can get others going too!
avatar
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 11477
Age : 57
Location : Spain. The place where children are welcome in tapas bars
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://missingmadeleine.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: A Conference in PdL next May 1010 about good child care practise!

Post  Keela on Tue 25 Aug - 14:17

There's a few of us who live in Portugal who could make it!!
avatar
Keela
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2344
Age : 64
Location : Darkened room, hoping for the best.
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: A Conference in PdL next May 1010 about good child care practise!

Post  AspieDistra on Tue 25 Aug - 15:46

Maybe the residents of Praia da Luz wouldn't be too keen on such a meeting, all things considered.
avatar
AspieDistra
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 70
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Re: A Conference in PdL next May 1010 about good child care practise!

Post  fred on Wed 26 Aug - 20:23

tyra wrote:Is there a great number of children who come to harm while they are on holiday and their parents make use of baby listening service (or do it themselves)?. Enough to sustain debate for a whole meeting?

Ahh tylersmum, "come to harm"? I thought madeleine was living with a rich Arabic couple who treated her like a princess? Well maybe if we include the cadaver dogs and GA we could have a bloody interesting meeting? Even if we ignore the blood splatters from apartment 5a.
avatar
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4899
Location : Dining in my back garden
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: A Conference in PdL next May 1010 about good child care practise!

Post  Susan on Wed 26 Aug - 22:32

tyra wrote:Is there a great number of children who come to harm while they are on holiday and their parents make use of baby listening service (or do it themselves)?. Enough to sustain debate for a whole meeting?

So I take it you dont agree on discussing good child care tyra?

The McCanns didnt look after their children properly and we are here discussing it 2 years later....so I think a meeting is ample time...
avatar
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 11477
Age : 57
Location : Spain. The place where children are welcome in tapas bars
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://missingmadeleine.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: A Conference in PdL next May 1010 about good child care practise!

Post  Susan on Wed 26 Aug - 22:35

tyra wrote:I think you have made a false assumption.

hmmm well when you are courageous enough to use your regular forum name....send me a pm!

Deuce, Molly, Ayak and SC arent hiding.
avatar
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 11477
Age : 57
Location : Spain. The place where children are welcome in tapas bars
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://missingmadeleine.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: A Conference in PdL next May 1010 about good child care practise!

Post  fuzeta on Wed 26 Aug - 22:59

tyra wrote:
Ambersuz wrote:
tyra wrote:Is there a great number of children who come to harm while they are on holiday and their parents make use of baby listening service (or do it themselves)?. Enough to sustain debate for a whole meeting?

So I take it you dont agree on discussing good child care tyra?

The McCanns didnt look after their children properly and we are here discussing it 2 years later....so I think a meeting is ample time...


This conference is not about childcare in general it has a very specific remit according to the OP, Madeleine is the first abduction that I am aware of from a hotel/resort which is why I am querying, I didn't think it was a big problem. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Was it really the very first abduction from a hotel /holiday resort? Has it never happened before then, as far as you are aware. Interesting!
avatar
fuzeta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4226
Location : Beautiful Staffordshire
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Re: A Conference in PdL next May 1010 about good child care practise!

Post  Guest on Fri 11 Sep - 5:25

Is there a great number of children who come to harm while they are on holiday and their parents make use of baby listening service (or do it themselves)?.

What Baby Listening service would that be, then?
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: A Conference in PdL next May 1010 about good child care practise!

Post  Sprite on Fri 11 Sep - 8:02

fuzeta wrote:
tyra wrote:
Ambersuz wrote:
tyra wrote:Is there a great number of children who come to harm while they are on holiday and their parents make use of baby listening service (or do it themselves)?. Enough to sustain debate for a whole meeting?

So I take it you dont agree on discussing good child care tyra?

The McCanns didnt look after their children properly and we are here discussing it 2 years later....so I think a meeting is ample time...


This conference is not about childcare in general it has a very specific remit according to the OP, Madeleine is the first abduction that I am aware of from a hotel/resort which is why I am querying, I didn't think it was a big problem. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.



Was it really the very first abduction from a hotel /holiday resort? Has it never happened before then, as far as you are aware. Interesting!


And never since - even more interesting.....
avatar
Sprite
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 256
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-22

Back to top Go down

Re: A Conference in PdL next May 1010 about good child care practise!

Post  Arsenal666 on Sat 30 Jan - 20:55

Ambersuz wrote:http://madeleinefoundation.org/main/2009/07/a-conference-in-praia-da-luz-portugal-about-good-child-care-practice/

Hallo, I am Alexandra Correia from Portugal. My e-mail address is at the end of my message.

I am a painter, my husband is a physician and we have a daughter.

The story of Madeleine McCann made a big impact in us as a family.

Madeleine’s parents admit to leaving Madeleine and her 2-year-old twin sister and brother on their own in the evenings whilst they were out wining and dining.

I have been angered by that and by the casual reaction of so many people to this clear example of child neglect and putting children at risk. So I thought to go forward with some international event which could try to place the focus of the public opinion on what good parents should do to protect their children. That is very much about prevention of harm and, for example, staying with your children instead of leaving them alone during drinks and dinner night after night).

I also think that people in general (and even hotel staff) who detect children being neglected should be much more proactive and should find ways to draw attention to the situation. In Madeleine’s case, for example, a neighbour heard her cry for over an hour during the night but didn’t go down to find out what was the matter. It also seemed that all the McCanns’ friends also left their children alone during all their long dinners and the situation was noticed by the Ocean Club staff, but no-one did anything about it. I believe if they did, Madeleine might be alive today. So, you see, I think there are many lessons that could be learned from whatever happened to Madeleine.

I propose therefore that we should go ahead, gather widespread support and momentum and have an international meeting in or near Praia da Luz, because Madeleine’s plight helps us all to concentrate our minds on how we should be caring for our children. I think this meeting should take place in May 2010.

We would aim for serious media coverage. We could be wearing T-shirts with something like “Never leave your kids alone”. That would be automatically linked to the McCann’s neglect.

If my message seems good to you, please contact me and help me make this event happen. Below is my e-mail address.

Yours sincerely

Alexandra Correia

alxcorreia@netcabo.pt

Why not have a whole "child awareness week" and invite the media, the business's that suffered might get some revenue back.It would also IMHO scare GM S---less.Oh and i would go i have a 4 year old.So the very best of luck for what seems like a very good idea .
avatar
Arsenal666
Newbie
Newbie

Number of posts : 48
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-01-30

Back to top Go down

Re: A Conference in PdL next May 1010 about good child care practise!

Post  Karen on Thu 6 May - 11:03

yeah I agree : It should be called

MADDIES LAW.: Never leave young children alone!
Plain and simple
avatar
Karen
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 635
Location : The Netherlands
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: A Conference in PdL next May 1010 about good child care practise!

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum