Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

why do people accept abduction like its a good thing?

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: why do people accept abduction like its a good thing?

Post  fishie on Tue 25 Aug - 15:09

tyra wrote:
woodward wrote:9 adults left 8 children ,all under the age of four, alone in the dark out of sight out of earshot at a distance of between 120 and 140 meters -it is irrelevant that the distance from the apartment blocks was 50 metres as the crow flies -none of the party had the ability to fly or walk on water across a swimming pool . Each adult had individual and collective responsibility for each and every child they knew to be unsupervised. Many people have suggested that a group of such educated and law abiding citizens would not be likely to cover for eachother-how likeley is it they would behave in such a callous and uncaring fashion towards their own and other peoples children-not very likeley-but they did ,not as an exception but regularly as a matter of routine -not in a moment of distraction or lapse of judgement not by mistake -but preplanned pre-arranged and delibarate-the one who I find most difficult to understand is the grandmother

I tend to the opposite, previous generations tended to be more lax than our rather more common helicopter parenting, over anxious, children play indoors, baby monitor lifestyle we currently have,

She might be old enough to remember, in fact to have experienced the Butlins chalet crying checks of the 50's, 60's and 70's.

Butlins to the best of my recollection was always in an enclosed encampment,much different to an apt. on a public road.


Last edited by fishie on Tue 25 Aug - 15:11; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : sp.)

fishie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1140
Age : 61
Location : Still going in circles!
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

http://thepjfiles.prophpbb.com

Back to top Go down

Re: why do people accept abduction like its a good thing?

Post  Angelina on Tue 25 Aug - 15:24

jassi wrote:Butlins - such luxury.

I'm a child of the '40's and never even went on holiday until I was in my twenties

Certainly never thought of leaving children alone on holiday when we did go, though

I went on Butlins holidays...I can remember the children crying. Even though I was only a teenager I felt sorry for them.

Why do people think it's ok for children to be left crying? Would those same adults like it if they fell and broke their leg (for example) and everyone walked by on the other side of the road and left them to it, and said "oh well, it's only a broken leg, nothing serious - they'll be ok for an hour or so with no attention"

Angelina
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2928
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-08-01

Back to top Go down

Re: why do people accept abduction like its a good thing?

Post  Justiceforallkids on Tue 25 Aug - 15:26

Angelina wrote:
jassi wrote:Butlins - such luxury.

I'm a child of the '40's and never even went on holiday until I was in my twenties

Certainly never thought of leaving children alone on holiday when we did go, though

I went on Butlins holidays...I can remember the children crying. Even though I was only a teenager I felt sorry for them.

Why do people think it's ok for children to be left crying? Would those same adults like it if they fell and broke their leg (for example) and everyone walked by on the other side of the road and left them to it, and said "oh well, it's only a broken leg, nothing serious - they'll be ok for an hour or so with no attention"

exactly and what ever made maddie cry for 75 minutes that night was distressing for her some people feel that was the night maddie may have died....

Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 5102
Age : 37
Location : tasmania australia
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: why do people accept abduction like its a good thing?

Post  Justiceforallkids on Tue 25 Aug - 15:32

Rapier wrote:I think we are just too soft these days. My parent's generation (who lived through the war) would think nothing of a child crying and I'm not sure it did my generation any harm whatsoever.

Although I'm a Tony Bennett enthusiast, never really supported the call for legislation to compel parents to be with kids until they are 16 (one of the more extreme versions.) When I was eight, I'd be off on my bike for half the day and my parents didn't know where I was and I think it was good way to learn independence.

maddie was 3 though.... theres a big diffrence betweena 8 year old and a 3 year old and yes i know she was nearly 4 but even 4 year olds should not be left alone or 2 year oldsa 3 year old is still a toddler and any toddler can do or get into anything they shoud not


Last edited by carlymichelle on Tue 25 Aug - 15:33; edited 1 time in total

Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 5102
Age : 37
Location : tasmania australia
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: why do people accept abduction like its a good thing?

Post  Angelina on Tue 25 Aug - 15:33

Rapier wrote:I think we are just too soft these days. My parent's generation (who lived through the war) would think nothing of a child crying and I'm not sure it did my generation any harm whatsoever.

Although I'm a Tony Bennett enthusiast, never really supported the call for legislation to compel parents to be with kids until they are 16 (one of the more extreme versions.) When I was eight, I'd be off on my bike for half the day and my parents didn't know where I was and I think it was good way to learn independence.

I'm not sure that generations come into it, only personal choice as to whether you were prepared to leave a baby crying or not. I had loads of freedom, like you I used to go off to the park and think nothing of it, but in those days all the neighbours and older children looked out for those who were younger.

Angelina
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2928
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-08-01

Back to top Go down

Re: why do people accept abduction like its a good thing?

Post  Guest on Tue 25 Aug - 15:36

carlymichelle wrote:

exactly and what ever made maddie cry for 75 minutes that night was distressing for her some people feel that was the night maddie may have died....

Last time I checked the final report said there was NO EVIDENCE she was dead, but likely she was.

So please, don't write her off as being dead and unfindable.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: why do people accept abduction like its a good thing?

Post  ann_chovey on Tue 25 Aug - 15:51

Angelina wrote: I'm not sure that generations come into it, only personal choice as to whether you were prepared to leave a baby crying or not. I had loads of freedom, like you I used to go off to the park and think nothing of it, but in those days all the neighbours and older children looked out for those who were younger..

I agree with you,
In the 'olden days' of terraced houses when we roamed from dawn to dusk, almost, in relative safety, a child, especially a baby, sobbing for so long would have been heard by half the neighbourhood, and the parents would have been the talk of it the following day. Somebody would have banged on the door to tell them to 'shut it up' (or ask what was wrong). Thin walls in those days and blokes up early for work.


Last edited by ann_chovey on Tue 25 Aug - 15:54; edited 1 time in total

ann_chovey
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2516
Location : France
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Re: why do people accept abduction like its a good thing?

Post  Justiceforallkids on Tue 25 Aug - 15:52

woodward wrote:I dont think many parents would feel comfortable leaving a vomiting toddler or one that had acute diarrheoa alone in an apartment at least 120metres away I dont think there can be much debate about the callousness of any that did

exactly imagine if a young/teenage mum was found leaving her baby in that condition that mother would not be shown any mercy

Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 5102
Age : 37
Location : tasmania australia
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: why do people accept abduction like its a good thing?

Post  Sponsored content Today at 10:10


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum