Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Baby Rosie.

Go down

Baby Rosie. Empty Baby Rosie.

Post  Guest Wed 9 Sep - 21:21

First picture of two-day-old baby girl found abandoned in bushes

By Daily Mail Reporter
Last updated at 6:33 PM on 09th September 2009

* Comments (105)
* Add to My Stories

This is the first picture of the new-born baby girl, believed to be just two days old, who was found abandoned in bushes near a job centre.

The baby, named Rosie by hospital staff, still had her umbilical cord attached when she was found.

Police have launched a hunt for the infant's mother amid concerns for the woman's health and welfare.

The discovery was made by a female passer-by who found the child on open land in the Buckinghamshire town of High Wycombe yesterday afternoon.
The 2 day-old baby girl, named 'Rosie'

The 2 day-old baby girl, named 'Rosie' by hospital staff, at Wycombe General Hospital, after she was found abandoned in bushes on Oxford Road in High Wycombe
A 2 day-old baby girl, named 'Rosie' by hospital staff

Police are now searching for the baby girl's mother

Police were called at 5pm and were handed the baby, which was wrapped in a grey cardigan and placed in a pink and white canvas bag.

The infant - believed to be no more than two days old - was taken to Wycombe General Hospital by paramedics.

Nurses have named her 'Rosie'. She is in good health, despite initially being assessed as 'hungry and thirsty'.
Policewoman holding the bag 'Rosie' was found in

Police have released pictures of the bag baby Rosie was found in

Detective Sergeant Robin Hughes said: 'Our primary concern is for the health of Rosie's mother.

'We urgently want her to come forward or at least seek treatment, as she could suffer medical complications which are potentially very dangerous.
Enlarge

Trees next to the road in High Wycombe where the baby was found

'The umbilical cord was still attached when the child was found, so this would not have been a medically supervised birth.

'We believe the baby was left in the bushes between 12pm and 3pm and are appealing for anyone who saw someone who could have left the child there to contact the police.

'Anyone who saw something at the time or who knows who could have abandoned the baby is asked to contact High Wycombe Police Station.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1212167/Search-mother-abandoned-baby-umbilical-cord-attached-bushes.html

-------

Hopefully mother will be located soon.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Baby Rosie. Empty Re: Baby Rosie.

Post  magicslipper Wed 9 Sep - 21:37

I'm so glad that we have DNA now which can hopefully trace who her Mother is. God bless baby Rosie.
magicslipper
magicslipper
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 351
Warning :
Baby Rosie. Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Baby Rosie. Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 9 Sep - 21:39

just my assumption, from the bag she was found in etc, but I think that maybe she's a young girl.

These cases are just tragic all round.

Lovely bubba though - I almost felt broody
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  magicslipper Wed 9 Sep - 21:45

Brumdog wrote:just my assumption, from the bag she was found in etc, but I think that maybe she's a young girl.

These cases are just tragic all round.

Lovely bubba though - I almost felt broody

She could be Brum, the more reason to identify and find her. Nobody would ever take this action lightly.
magicslipper
magicslipper
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 9 Sep - 22:05

Desperation.

I can't even begin to imagine some poor kid going through nine months of pregnancy and then to give birth without any support.

I wonder if any of these babies are ever brought back together with their mothers - I'd like to think that that happened, but maybe that's not possible.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  magicslipper Wed 9 Sep - 22:09

Brumdog wrote:Desperation.

I can't even begin to imagine some poor kid going through nine months of pregnancy and then to give birth without any support.

I wonder if any of these babies are ever brought back together with their mothers - I'd like to think that that happened, but maybe that's not possible.

I suppose it depends on the circumstances. Most LA Social sevice departments prefer to keep the child with the parent unless there are CP/ child in need issues.
magicslipper
magicslipper
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 9 Sep - 22:22

The mother must of been so desperate and scared and it would be nice if she came foward and got all the support she needs.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down