Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rui Pedro Teixeira Mendonca

+9
fred
Wintabells
jejune
LJC
Angelique
kitti
FSoares
Susan
pm
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Rui Pedro Teixeira Mendonca - Page 2 Empty Re: Rui Pedro Teixeira Mendonca

Post  fred Mon 6 Jun - 14:20

fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :
Rui Pedro Teixeira Mendonca - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Rui Pedro Teixeira Mendonca - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Rui Pedro Teixeira Mendonca - Page 2 Empty Rui Pedro's mother

Post  Claudia79 Mon 6 Jun - 23:16

This is a link to a short interview with Rui Pedro's parents. He went missing in 1998. You don't have to understand Portuguese to see the desperation in that mother's face and eyes. For those of us who have been following this case since the beginning, it's just heartbreaking.

http://www.tvi24.iol.pt/aa---videos---sociedade/rui-pedro-filomena-teixeira-tortura-tvi24-ultimas-noticias/1258780-5795.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7007
Warning :
Rui Pedro Teixeira Mendonca - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Rui Pedro Teixeira Mendonca - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelique Mon 6 Jun - 23:38

Claudia79

What a very sad interview - as you say - it doesn't matter if you don't understand Portuguese - you can see the suffering in his Mothers eyes and her demeanor. How really terribly sad. Unbearable sadness.
Angelique
Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3418
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  LJC Mon 6 Jun - 23:46

Eyes never lie. They can betray you though. Anyone feeling real hurt, you see it in their eyes.
LJC
LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2116
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Mon 6 Jun - 23:53

Angelique wrote:Claudia79

What a very sad interview - as you say - it doesn't matter if you don't understand Portuguese - you can see the suffering in his Mothers eyes and her demeanor. How really terribly sad. Unbearable sadness.

And she's so thin. For her, as time goes by things have gotten more difficult to bear. She was always thin but I have never seen her like this. I was simply shocked.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jejune Tue 7 Jun - 0:20

I only know about this case from postings on here and, probably, the 3As. Although I don't know a lot about it I feel so much for him and his family. How do you come to terms with this? I think the distressed feelings probably do get worse and worse, but some have the strength to deal with it and carry on living their life. For me, there's no shame in not being able to carry on if your child is gone, and every time I hear about missing children my first thought is, 'How do you survive after this?' There's also no shame in being able to force yourself on, with the aim of getting some kind of justice. The difference for me from the McCanns, both in this case, and with experiences people like Ben Needham's family have gone through, is that the child is always the forefront of the story. You can picture the child, and empathise with what the family are going through. The McCann case has always been about Mr and Mrs McCann. It's as if Madeleine is incidental to their story. That's their fault, not the fault of anonymous postings on the internet.
jejune
jejune
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 312
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Tue 7 Jun - 0:31

I don't speak one word of Portuguese, but it seems clear that this poor woman is barely managing to stay alive.
Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1331
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Tue 7 Jun - 0:40

Wintabells wrote:I don't speak one word of Portuguese, but it seems clear that this poor woman is barely managing to stay alive.

She said it herself. The only thing that's keeping her alive is the fact that she needs to be alive if one day her son manages to come back.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Tue 7 Jun - 1:08

The most remarkable difference (for me) between the interview I've just watched and any I've seen with the McCanns is in the interviewer. Those who interview the McCanns seem to reflect the McCanns themselves in their impersonal tone and uncomfortable body language. Even Oprah seemed to struggle to find the appropriate affect. But here, the pain of the mother (and I presume the man beside her is her partner and Rui Pedro's father?) feels so tangible that the interviewer seems profoundly sympathetic, protective and drawn towards the couple .... as anyone would be when in the presence of agony. Interviewers seem unable to extend warmth towards the McCanns and in comparison with this, seem positively challenging, even those who claim to be full of care and concern. Perhaps it's the 'dining' business and the fact that Rui Pedro's mum was clearly entirely blameless (and since going missing has identified footage of her boy in the worst of all possible situations) but nevertheless, the McCanns would have the world believe that Madeleine was taken by some kind of evil monster.... so I'm wondering how come no interviewer I've ever seen has felt or even managed to feign this level of empathy for them?

Instinct?

Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Tue 7 Jun - 1:11

Claudia79 wrote:
She said it herself. The only thing that's keeping her alive is the fact that she needs to be alive if one day her son manages to come back.

Oh God, Claudia, that's exactly how she looks... like someone who's basically dead, but just maintaining a tiny pulse of hope. It's unbearable to witness this really.
Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Tue 7 Jun - 7:33

It is good that this case is opening again. Let's hope the truth comes out at last.
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Colonel Fabien Tue 7 Jun - 9:39

Rui Pedro's mother is clearly suffering. I hope one day she finds peace.

I noticed that the parents are intereviewed in their missing son's room and it seems to be exactly the same as it was the day he disappeared. How come the McCanns never show the public their daughter's room. Kate talks about it enough. You'd think they would.
Colonel Fabien
Colonel Fabien
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 347
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Tue 7 Jun - 11:50

Colonel Fabien wrote:Rui Pedro's mother is clearly suffering. I hope one day she finds peace.

I noticed that the parents are intereviewed in their missing son's room and it seems to be exactly the same as it was the day he disappeared. How come the McCanns never show the public their daughter's room. Kate talks about it enough. You'd think they would.

And Yeremi Vargas? Wasn't his mother interviewed in his bedroom?
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Tue 7 Jun - 13:34

Wintabells wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:

Oh God, Claudia, that's exactly how she looks... like someone who's basically dead, but just maintaining a tiny pulse of hope. It's unbearable to witness this really.

I was a teenager when Rui Pedro went missing. In these last 13 years we have seen this mother slowly die. It's just heartbreaking and I can't hold my tears every time I see her.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Tue 7 Jun - 13:35

Wintabells wrote:The most remarkable difference (for me) between the interview I've just watched and any I've seen with the McCanns is in the interviewer. Those who interview the McCanns seem to reflect the McCanns themselves in their impersonal tone and uncomfortable body language. Even Oprah seemed to struggle to find the appropriate affect. But here, the pain of the mother (and I presume the man beside her is her partner and Rui Pedro's father?) feels so tangible that the interviewer seems profoundly sympathetic, protective and drawn towards the couple .... as anyone would be when in the presence of agony. Interviewers seem unable to extend warmth towards the McCanns and in comparison with this, seem positively challenging, even those who claim to be full of care and concern. Perhaps it's the 'dining' business and the fact that Rui Pedro's mum was clearly entirely blameless (and since going missing has identified footage of her boy in the worst of all possible situations) but nevertheless, the McCanns would have the world believe that Madeleine was taken by some kind of evil monster.... so I'm wondering how come no interviewer I've ever seen has felt or even managed to feign this level of empathy for them?

Instinct?

Yes, the gentleman is Rui Pedro's father.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Tue 7 Jun - 13:38

Rui Pedro's grandfather dies without knowing what happened to his grandson. He had nothing left when he died because he spent every cent he had (more than 250 000 Euros) trying to find Rui Pedro. He was a victim of several scammers who contacted him saying they knew where Rui Pedro was. Although he suspected it wasn't true he just had to be sure and he spent all his money trying to find answers. Until the day he died.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  zodiac Tue 7 Jun - 14:03

Wintabells wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:

Your two posts state exactly what I saw and felt.

Imo in interviews the McCanns look and sound like parents who are bereaved and coming to terms with the death of their child. Imo they know their child has not suffered abduction and has not suffered at the hands of paedophiles. The mother of Rui does not look like she feels the pain is less raw! She looks the opposite imo.
zodiac
zodiac
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1248
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2