Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aisling Symes - found dead near her home

+50
Dimsie
fred
Roasted Arizona
lynn
AnnaEsse
Alpine Aster
Justiceforallkids
MaryB
quickfingers
tanszi
FSoares
Eve
Patchouli
kitti
littlepixie
Fudge
jassi
fishie
wjk
devonmum
dazedandconfused
tabs
MissGivings
Christine
Lillyofthevalley
Bridgieboo
magicslipper
Susan
the one and only big_l
T4two
maebee
wantthetruth
Colonel Fabien
welshy
Sprite
Carolina
bootsy
Gobsmacked
ann_chovey
Jean-Luc
flubber
Angelina
Claudia79
ali1966
ProfMoriarty
stellarose
zodiac
halfamo
frankie stein
steve1295
54 posters

Page 10 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 19  Next

Go down

Aisling Symes - found dead near her home - Page 10 Empty Re: Aisling Symes - found dead near her home

Post  Justiceforallkids Mon 12 Oct - 9:46

Travis40 wrote:How do septic tanks work - can they be opened or are they open? I would have thought they would be sealed until ready to be emptied simply because of what they contained??

im not really sure
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 5102
Warning :
Aisling Symes - found dead near her home - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Aisling Symes - found dead near her home - Page 10 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Aisling Symes - found dead near her home - Page 10 Empty Re: Aisling Symes - found dead near her home

Post  wantthetruth Mon 12 Oct - 9:47

Travis40 wrote:How do septic tanks work - can they be opened or are they open? I would have thought they would be sealed until ready to be emptied simply because of what they contained??

they are sealed and usually below ground.

I'm trying to get a picture of a storm drain. How accessible would such a thing be?
wantthetruth
wantthetruth
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 934
Warning :
Aisling Symes - found dead near her home - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Aisling Symes - found dead near her home - Page 10 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Mon 12 Oct - 9:48

IMO though this was no abduction here was not one it was either a drowning accident or something else IMO
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Mon 12 Oct - 9:49

wantthetruth wrote:

I'm trying to get a picture of a storm drain. How accessible would such a thing be?
wantthetruth i read there wasa river/creek near by could she have got there and the river led into the septic tank?
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Mon 12 Oct - 9:49

"Inspector Gary Davies said at a press conference just after 9.30pm that a body had been found in a drain just before 8pm this evening.

The body was found near a property formerly owned by Aisling's deceased grandparents in Henderson. An address in Pomaria Rd, which backs on to the property has also been under police guard."

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/2953153/Body-found-in-hunt-for-Aisling
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  lynn Mon 12 Oct - 9:51

Tragic ending, but they have a body. Poor little thing. There can be closure in the search for the child now not like Madeleine, not knowing is tragic too.
lynn
lynn
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 928
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post  wantthetruth Mon 12 Oct - 9:52

carlymichelle wrote:
wantthetruth wrote:

wantthetruth i read there wasa river/creek near by could she have got there and the river led into the septic tank?

That sounds plausible. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I wonder what made the police suddenly focus on that area though?

I hope this was a tragic accident and nothing more sinister.
wantthetruth
wantthetruth
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Mon 12 Oct - 9:53

arachnidae wrote:Not very tbh, nor would a septic tank. I would imagine the lids would be very hard, if not impossible, for a child of two lift off.

did you see what i said? theresa ricer/creek in the area i think it maybe linked to the drain
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Roasted Arizona Mon 12 Oct - 9:55

After seeing that video there is NO way I believe them. After showing off that BRAND NEW cuddly toy, only bought on Monday! Rubbish!
Roasted Arizona
Roasted Arizona
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 719
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Mon 12 Oct - 9:56

Travis40 wrote:Thanks for the link to the report Anna.

Is it just me or is there a lot going on for simply finding a body in a drain?

well it is a death on private property there will have to be a autopsy etc and id imagine the mum when she is able will need to be interviewed

Last edited by carlymichelle on Mon 12 Oct - 9:56; edited 1 time in total
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Mon 12 Oct - 9:58

Roasted Arizona wrote:After seeing that video there is NO way I believe them. After showing off that BRAND NEW cuddly toy, only bought on Monday! Rubbish!

her little body has been found it was found tonight at about 8pm nz time its almost 10pm there now
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Mon 12 Oct - 9:59

wantthetruth wrote:
carlymichelle wrote:
wantthetruth wrote:

I think I just hate the idea of mothers harming their children. Perhaps little Aisling fell into the water and her body was carried into the drain. Maybe the police just decided they might as well dig into the drain and see if that's what happened.

Last edited by AnnaEsse on Mon 12 Oct - 9:59; edited 1 time in total
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 12 Oct - 9:59

The body was found near a property formerly owned by Aisling's deceased grandparents in Henderson. An address in Pomaria Rd, which backs on to the property has also been under police guard.

Fire officers and police have spent the evening digging land located down a long driveway off the Pomaria Rd address, which backs on to a creek and neighbours Aisling's grandparents' house in Longburn Rd.

The area had been covered with tarpaulin and was being searched by around 15 police officers under lights.

It is understood police had also searched a septic tank at the back of the section.

Fire services have confirmed they are working with concrete cutters at the scene.

Carly, I meant there's a lot going on at the moment involving two addresses and areas other than the drain.

I wonder if they're having difficulty retrieving her.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Mon 12 Oct - 10:00

carlymichelle wrote:
snip/ ... but doesnt this mean that if these parents did it then equally the mcanns may have too...

Hi Carlymichelle! I've usually agreed with your posts but I do have a problem here. Surely that's McCann logic in reverse?
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Mon 12 Oct - 10:02

T4two wrote:carlymichelle wrote:
snip/ ... but doesnt this mean that if these parents did it then equally the mcanns may have too...

Hi Carlymichelle! I've usually agreed with your posts but I do have a problem here. Surely that's McCann logic in reverse?

hmmm i see what you mean i didnt mean it how it came out what i meant was i would hope it would prov eto the pros that parents do hurt/kill their children
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 12 Oct - 10:03

It was with "tremendous sorrow" that Inspector Gary Davey confirmed to a crowd outside a west Auckland home that a child's body had been found earlier this evening.

The body is that of a young child found in a drain.

The property was very close to the Longburn address where two-year-old toddler Aisling Symes went missing last Monday.

Mr Davey said it was too early to say how the child got in the drain or how long it had been there.

He said police were speaking to the family now.

Ok now it is confirmed that the body was recovered from a drain, so how did the body get in there? As i said before it would be extremely difficult, if not impossible, for a child of two to lift of a drain cover...unless of course there was not one (in which case the body would have been discovered earlier). I cannot see how a body would be able to...wash up stream if you like...from a river or creek into the drain - especially as it has been raining, it should be working the other way. So this leads me to think that someone put the body there, the question is who?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  wantthetruth Mon 12 Oct - 10:03

AnnaEsse wrote:
wantthetruth wrote:
carlymichelle wrote:
wantthetruth wrote:

It's just that on the video the Policemen is explaining that they had thoroughly searched the rivers and drains, that's all.

We'll have to wait for news now.

At least it's closure, tragic as it is.

I think I just hate the idea of mothers harming their children. Perhaps little Aisling fell into the water and her body was carried into the drain. Maybe the police just decided they might as well dig into the drain and see if that's what happened.
wantthetruth
wantthetruth
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Alfiefinn Mon 12 Oct - 10:06

With what I have seen, I do seem to detect a hint of a McCann modus operandi here. You know, tug on heartstrings with soft toy, market her as a commodity, with special references which will help to encourage donations from the Irish (imo one of the most generous nations).It all seems quite slick. I really hope I'm wrong.
Alfiefinn
Alfiefinn
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1482
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Alfiefinn Mon 12 Oct - 10:07

Oh no, poor little darling. That's so sad.
Alfiefinn
Alfiefinn
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1482
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 12 Oct - 10:09

Inspector Gary Davey said it was with "tremendous sadness" that he could confirm police had discovered the body of a child in a drain just after 8pm this evening.

It was too early to confirm if it was Aisling, he said. "It is too early to know how the child got there or indeed, how long she had been there."

Speaking with tears in his eyes Mr Davey said the property had now been cordoned off and was being treated as a crime scene.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  wantthetruth Mon 12 Oct - 10:11

crime scene

oh no
wantthetruth
wantthetruth
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Mon 12 Oct - 10:12

Travis40 wrote:
Inspector Gary Davey said it was with "tremendous sadness" that he could confirm police had discovered the body of a child in a drain just after 8pm this evening.

It was too early to confirm if it was Aisling, he said. "It is too early to know how the child got there or indeed, how long she had been there."

Speaking with tears in his eyes Mr Davey said the property had now been cordoned off and was being treated as a crime scene.

As soon as I read that tarpaulins had been set up, I thought this is it. It's a fairly small community in that part of New Zealand I think and this is having a big effect.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Mon 12 Oct - 10:14

wantthetruth wrote:crime scene

oh no

I know. It's so sad.

"The immediate area has been cordoned off and is being treated as a crime scene,'' a grim-faced Mr Davey said."
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  littlepixie Mon 12 Oct - 10:17

Oh they have found her dead?? Poor little mite.
littlepixie
littlepixie
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 274
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  littlepixie Mon 12 Oct - 10:17

o/t but wasnt it once thought that Maddie had been placed in a drain.
littlepixie
littlepixie
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 274
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 19  Next