Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Old Drop-Jaw

Go down

Old Drop-Jaw Empty Old Drop-Jaw

Post  Guest Fri 22 Aug - 18:19

The Drop-Jawed Cyclops talking about the Beijing Olympics..

"The challenge now is to turn what has been two weeks of great success into 10 years of sporting triumph for our country", Brown said. "I will leave no stone unturned in my determination to make London 2012 a great success."

Now where have we heard about the unturned stone before? He's also talking about 2012... he just don't get it, does he.. he'll be unemployed in approx' 18 months (or sooner)

Also..
Asked whether he wanted to see gongs awarded to medal-winning members of Team GB in Beijing, Brown said: "That's a matter for the Queen. I think the country will want to see our athletes honoured and the country will want to celebrate their success and give them the permanent recognition they deserve."

It's not just a matter for the Queen, he has to submit the names in the first place. And what exactly do our service men/women who have been killed/injured in Iraq and Afghanistan get?.... sweet FA!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Old Drop-Jaw Empty Re: Old Drop-Jaw

Post  Susan Fri 22 Aug - 18:24

petefergie wrote:The Drop-Jawed Cyclops talking about the Beijing Olympics..

"The challenge now is to turn what has been two weeks of great success into 10 years of sporting triumph for our country", Brown said. "I will leave no stone unturned in my determination to make London 2012 a great success."

Now where have we heard about the unturned stone before? He's also talking about 2012... he just don't get it, does he.. he'll be unemployed in approx' 18 months (or sooner)

Also..
Asked whether he wanted to see gongs awarded to medal-winning members of Team GB in Beijing, Brown said: "That's a matter for the Queen. I think the country will want to see our athletes honoured and the country will want to celebrate their success and give them the permanent recognition they deserve."

It's not just a matter for the Queen, he has to submit the names in the first place. And what exactly do our service men/women who have been killed/injured in Iraq and Afghanistan get?.... sweet FA!

Did he actually say that??

Brown said. "I will leave no stone unturned?

But your are right about the service ppl...once they die they are forgotten in an instant....but that happens in every country Old Drop-Jaw 36898
Susan
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 11477
Location : Spain. The place where children are welcome in tapas bars
Warning :
Old Drop-Jaw Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Old Drop-Jaw Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-07-21

https://missingmadeleine.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 22 Aug - 20:05

Yes he said it.. was in The Guardian, 22-8-08
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 22 Aug - 21:00

petefergie wrote:Yes he said it.. was in The Guardian, 22-8-08

Was Clarrie the puppetmaster? Old Drop-Jaw 613255
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 22 Aug - 21:42

Did gordon brown say that or was his jaw just hanging open and someone else was talking in the background???
Easy mistake to make I reckon, it takes him ages to get that jaw up once it;s dropped

Old Drop-Jaw 00020185
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 22 Aug - 22:16

eddie wrote:Did gordon brown say that or was his jaw just hanging open and someone else was talking in the background???
Easy mistake to make I reckon, it takes him ages to get that jaw up once it;s dropped

Old Drop-Jaw 00020185

I was giggling for ages when I read your post Eddie Old Drop-Jaw 23324
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 23 Aug - 6:09

eddie wrote:Did gordon brown say that or was his jaw just hanging open and someone else was talking in the background???

Old Drop-Jaw 00020185

:risas:
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum