Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Ex-inspector of the PJ says he has no money for compensation

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ex-inspector of the PJ says he has no money for compensation

Post  pm on Mon 26 Oct - 16:12

Ex-inspector da PJ diz que não tem dinheiro para indemnizações
Gonçalo Amaral diz que não tem dinheiro para pagar as despesas dos processos levantados pelos pais de Maddie McCann. O ex-inspector da PJ pediu mesmo à segurança social uma isenção das custas judiciais.
« Classifique este artigo
Partilhar:
ESPECIAL
MADELEINE MCCANN
A menina britânica desapareceu na Praia da Luz, em Lagos, na noite de 3 de Maio de 2007
Gonçalo Amaral responde em vários processos e num deles os McCan exigem uma indemnização superior a um milhão de euros.

Restou ao ex-inspector contestar os factos, porque caso contrário é considerado que quem cala consente.

O problema é que Amaral tem agora mais de 3 mil euros para pagar em taxas judiciais, dinheiro que Gonçalo Amaral garante não ter.

O ex-inspector alega que o orçamento é curto, que tem três filhas e
que conta apenas com a reforma da Polícia Judiciária e com o salário da mulher, técnica na câmara municipal de Portimão.

Os lucros da venda do livro “A Verdade da Mentira” também não são solução, porque o tribunal decidiu arrestar a verba que resultou da venda do livro e do documentário, como forma de garantir que haverá dinheiro para pagar uma eventual indemnização.

Sem soluções à vista, o ex-inspector aguarda a decisão da segurança social e, caso obtenha resposta positiva, há várias soluções em cima da mesa.

Na melhor das hipóteses, Gonçalo fica isento de qualquer pagamento. Mas a segurança social pode também optar por um isenção parcial, assim como permitir que o pagamento se faça de forma faseada.
means

Ex-inspector of the PJ says he has no money for compensation
Gonçalo Amaral says he has no money to pay the expenses of such prosecutions by the parents of Maddie McCann. The former PJ inspector asked the same social security exemption from court fees.
"Rate this article
Share:
SPECIAL
MADELEINE MCCANN
The British girl disappeared in Praia da Luz, Lagos, on the night of May 3, 2007
Gonçalo Amaral answered in several cases and in one of McCan require compensation of more than one million euros.

Remained for ex-inspector to contest the facts, because otherwise it is considered that silence is consent.

The problem is that Amaral has now more than 3 billion euros to pay in legal fees, money that Gonçalo Amaral guarantees not have.

Former inspector alleges that the budget is short, which has three daughters and
where only the reform of the Judicial Police and the woman's salary, technical town hall Portimão.

Profits from the sale of the book "True Lies" are not the solution, because the court decided to sequester the funds resulting from the sale of the book and documentary, in order to guarantee that there will be money to pay any compensation.

No solutions in sight, the former inspector pending the decision of social security and if get hit, there are several solutions on the table.

At best, Gonçalo shall be exempted from payment. But social security can also opt for a partial exemption, as well as allow the payment is made in a phased manne

pm
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4300
Age : 45
Location : Cave of the MOUNTAIN OF THE 3RD WORLD - PORTUGAL - St Gerald i am sending your goats to you again
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Ex-inspector of the PJ says he has no money for compensation

Post  Lilemor on Mon 26 Oct - 16:28

Thank you, pm. Interesting times ahead.

Lilemor
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1149
Location : Germany
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Ex-inspector of the PJ says he has no money for compensation

Post  Guest on Mon 26 Oct - 16:36

Is that right three BILLION EUROS owed by Goncalo in lawyer's fees? I know there was the criminal case as well but that does seem an awful lot!

Apart from profits from the book etc that have been seized it does not seem there is much point in Kate and Gerry rubbing their hands in glee, it could cost them more for their own legal fees than what they finally get, now that would be a shame

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Ex-inspector of the PJ says he has no money for compensation

Post  Patchouli on Mon 26 Oct - 16:44

Poor man. Words fail me, other than may the McCanns never ever know release from this injustice for as long as they live.

Patchouli
Reg Member
Reg Member

Female
Number of posts : 165
Age : 73
Location : Montes de Malaga
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Ex-inspector of the PJ says he has no money for compensation

Post  Lillyofthevalley on Mon 26 Oct - 16:50

Viv if you look on the original piece above it says 3 Millon, little error on typing I think, either that or the Mccanns are taking the piss now!



problema é que Amaral tem agora mais de 3 mil euros para pagar em taxas judiciais, dinheiro que Gonçalo Amaral garante não ter.

Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Ex-inspector of the PJ says he has no money for compensation

Post  pm on Mon 26 Oct - 16:51

viv wrote:Is that right three BILLION EUROS owed by Goncalo in lawyer's fees? I know there was the criminal case as well but that does seem an awful lot!

Apart from profits from the book etc that have been seized it does not seem there is much point in Kate and Gerry rubbing their hands in glee, it could cost them more for their own legal fees than what they finally get, now that would be a shame

he needs 3.000 euros for judicial costs

was a translation problem

sorry


Last edited by pm on Mon 26 Oct - 16:52; edited 1 time in total

pm
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4300
Age : 45
Location : Cave of the MOUNTAIN OF THE 3RD WORLD - PORTUGAL - St Gerald i am sending your goats to you again
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Ex-inspector of the PJ says he has no money for compensation

Post  deborah on Mon 26 Oct - 16:54

pm wrote:
viv wrote:Is that right three BILLION EUROS owed by Goncalo in lawyer's fees? I know there was the criminal case as well but that does seem an awful lot!

Apart from profits from the book etc that have been seized it does not seem there is much point in Kate and Gerry rubbing their hands in glee, it could cost them more for their own legal fees than what they finally get, now that would be a shame

he needs 3.000 euros for judicial costs

was a translation problem

sorry
Everyone nearly keeled over If his application is not a success then I am sure funds can be raised to help him

deborah
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 875
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Ex-inspector of the PJ says he has no money for compensation

Post  pm on Mon 26 Oct - 16:55

deborah wrote:
pm wrote:
viv wrote:Is that right three BILLION EUROS owed by Goncalo in lawyer's fees? I know there was the criminal case as well but that does seem an awful lot!

Apart from profits from the book etc that have been seized it does not seem there is much point in Kate and Gerry rubbing their hands in glee, it could cost them more for their own legal fees than what they finally get, now that would be a shame

he needs 3.000 euros for judicial costs

was a translation problem

sorry
Everyone nearly keeled over If his application is not a success then I am sure funds can be raised to help him

i agree and i would like to help him if i can

pm
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4300
Age : 45
Location : Cave of the MOUNTAIN OF THE 3RD WORLD - PORTUGAL - St Gerald i am sending your goats to you again
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Ex-inspector of the PJ says he has no money for compensation

Post  Patchouli on Mon 26 Oct - 17:00

Me too. How can a fund be set up? The Mccanns did it in quicksticks so why can't we? Advertised on a site just like theirs is, with some very salient parts of the files for the donors to read.

We could sell tacky bracelets as well

Patchouli
Reg Member
Reg Member

Female
Number of posts : 165
Age : 73
Location : Montes de Malaga
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Ex-inspector of the PJ says he has no money for compensation

Post  Guest on Mon 26 Oct - 17:30

Would he be allowed to accept others paying his bill??He wouldn't be able to accept the money or it would be classed as assetts .
In this country it's doubtful we could raise enough for the duration and I don't know if this sort of fundraising is acceptable in Portugal , which is where he would get the most support from.

It would also take experienced lawyers to make sure things were CR proofed .My intention isn't to sound negative as in reallity if this were to go ahead I would be in full support if it was watertight !

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Ex-inspector of the PJ says he has no money for compensation

Post  Guest on Mon 26 Oct - 19:40

pm wrote:
deborah wrote:
pm wrote:
viv wrote:Is that right three BILLION EUROS owed by Goncalo in lawyer's fees? I know there was the criminal case as well but that does seem an awful lot!

Apart from profits from the book etc that have been seized it does not seem there is much point in Kate and Gerry rubbing their hands in glee, it could cost them more for their own legal fees than what they finally get, now that would be a shame

he needs 3.000 euros for judicial costs

was a translation problem

sorry
Everyone nearly keeled over If his application is not a success then I am sure funds can be raised to help him

i agree and i would like to help him if i can
Me too I would like to help him

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Ex-inspector of the PJ says he has no money for compensation

Post  RIORITA on Mon 26 Oct - 19:49

David wrote:
pm wrote:
deborah wrote:
pm wrote:
viv wrote:Is that right three BILLION EUROS owed by Goncalo in lawyer's fees? I know there was the criminal case as well but that does seem an awful lot!

Apart from profits from the book etc that have been seized it does not seem there is much point in Kate and Gerry rubbing their hands in glee, it could cost them more for their own legal fees than what they finally get, now that would be a shame

he needs 3.000 euros for judicial costs

was a translation problem

sorry
Everyone nearly keeled over If his application is not a success then I am sure funds can be raised to help him

i agree and i would like to help him if i can
Me too I would like to help him

I would also contribute what I could from my OAP

RIORITA
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 797
Age : 72
Location : scotland
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-10-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Ex-inspector of the PJ says he has no money for compensation

Post  Lillyofthevalley on Mon 26 Oct - 20:08

Patchouli wrote:Me too. How can a fund be set up? The Mccanns did it in quicksticks so why can't we? Advertised on a site just like theirs is, with some very salient parts of the files for the donors to read.

We could sell tacky bracelets as well

Ive got a good idea, why dont we sell T-Shirts with "Help Mr Amaral, Tony and Debbie" on the front and on the back a Telephone No. for donations, no only sad people would do that!!

Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Ex-inspector of the PJ says he has no money for compensation

Post  Roasted Arizona on Mon 26 Oct - 20:45

viv wrote:Is that right three BILLION EUROS owed by Goncalo in lawyer's fees? I know there was the criminal case as well but that does seem an awful lot!

Apart from profits from the book etc that have been seized it does not seem there is much point in Kate and Gerry rubbing their hands in glee, it could cost them more for their own legal fees than what they finally get, now that would be a shame

Correction.....it could cost the pensioners, kids etc that donated to the fund, before it affects the McCann's pockets.

Roasted Arizona
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 717
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Ex-inspector of the PJ says he has no money for compensation

Post  Guest on Mon 26 Oct - 20:58

Roasted Arizona ,that really brings it home !

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

SIC News

Post  Colonel Fabien on Mon 26 Oct - 21:31

Patchouli wrote:Me too. How can a fund be set up? The Mccanns did it in quicksticks so why can't we? Advertised on a site just like theirs is, with some very salient parts of the files for the donors to read.

We could sell tacky bracelets as well

I propose selling bright coloured gags. The gag of your choice.

Colonel Fabien
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 347
Age : 69
Location : Portugal
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-01

Back to top Go down

as above

Post  halfamo on Tue 27 Oct - 14:41

Do they sleep well at night i wonder,grasping greeding leeches .I would be happy to contribute ,out of my OAP to help Amaral.

halfamo
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1905
Age : 70
Location : west Midlands UK
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Ex-inspector of the PJ says he has no money for compensation

Post  Guest on Tue 27 Oct - 16:12

Ah 3000 euros, thanks for the confirmation, I thought we were into monopoly money here!

That could be for court fees to defend the case or to appeal it. It could also be costs awarded against him in the injunction proceedings and until payment of those he is not allowed to defend.

It sounds like Goncalo is asking for what is called Legal Aid here, available to litigants in some cases where they cannot afford to pay for their lawyer's fees and so the State pays.

It also sounds as though unless Goncalo can get that help towards his legal costs he will be taken to have admitted the case against him.

Whilst it is nice that people are offering to chip in, I think the costs of seeking to defend such a case would be absolutely huge and so that is not a viable proposition. The only hope for Goncalo is that some rich backer agrees to fund him.

Unfortunately the McCanns and their lawyers clearly knew what they were doing in getting an injunction first to seize his assets.

It is best not to put yourself on the wrong side of the tracks!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

SIC news

Post  Carolina on Tue 27 Oct - 16:54

viv wrote:Ah 3000 euros, thanks for the confirmation, I thought we were into monopoly money here!

That could be for court fees to defend the case or to appeal it. It could also be costs awarded against him in the injunction proceedings and until payment of those he is not allowed to defend.

It sounds like Goncalo is asking for what is called Legal Aid here, available to litigants in some cases where they cannot afford to pay for their lawyer's fees and so the State pays.

It also sounds as though unless Goncalo can get that help towards his legal costs he will be taken to have admitted the case against him.

Whilst it is nice that people are offering to chip in, I think the costs of seeking to defend such a case would be absolutely huge and so that is not a viable proposition. The only hope for Goncalo is that some rich backer agrees to fund him.

Unfortunately the McCanns and their lawyers clearly knew what they were doing in getting an injunction first to seize his assets.

It is best not to put yourself on the wrong side of the tracks!


Like I said on another thread, the case is not closed and the battle has just begun. I don't think that people realise how catastrophic it would be financially for Gonçalo Amaral if he admitted guilt and this option is not on the table at this time. Also, I do not believe that it will be too difficult to get the money to pay for the legal costs with donations. There are plenty of people in Portugal ready to donate in the defense of freedom of speech and to find the truth.

Carolina
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 874
Age : 70
Location : Algarve, Portugal
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Ex-inspector of the PJ says he has no money for compensation

Post  Alpine Aster on Tue 27 Oct - 21:10

I would gladly contribute if a fund was set up and organised to help Mr.G.A.

Alpine Aster
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1413
Location : UK.
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Ex-inspector of the PJ says he has no money for compensation

Post  Christine on Tue 27 Oct - 21:39

And so would I

Christine
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 968
Location : Belgium
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Ex-inspector of the PJ says he has no money for compensation

Post  Guest on Tue 27 Oct - 22:26

RIORITA wrote:
David wrote:
pm wrote:
deborah wrote:
pm wrote:
viv wrote:Is that right three BILLION EUROS owed by Goncalo in lawyer's fees? I know there was the criminal case as well but that does seem an awful lot!

Apart from profits from the book etc that have been seized it does not seem there is much point in Kate and Gerry rubbing their hands in glee, it could cost them more for their own legal fees than what they finally get, now that would be a shame

he needs 3.000 euros for judicial costs

was a translation problem

sorry
Everyone nearly keeled over If his application is not a success then I am sure funds can be raised to help him

i agree and i would like to help him if i can
Me too I would like to help him

I would also contribute what I could from my OAP


I am in the same position as you riorita but YES I too will help

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Ex-inspector of the PJ says he has no money for compensation

Post  Guest on Wed 28 Oct - 8:43

It's very kind of you all, and I know you have the best of intentions. But maybe Dr Amaral does not WANT any money, for reasons I posted on another thread. It is maybe in his best interests at the moment to be completely skint.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Ex-inspector of the PJ says he has no money for compensation

Post  jassi on Wed 28 Oct - 9:16

We certainly wouldn't want any donated money ultimately falling into the 'wrong hands', would we?

jassi
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 911
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Ex-inspector of the PJ says he has no money for compensation

Post  Guest on Wed 28 Oct - 9:18

How would it leave the injunction if he was skint and couldn't defend himself ??Would the Mccanns have to withdraw or would it remain indefinitely ??

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Ex-inspector of the PJ says he has no money for compensation

Post  Sponsored content Today at 14:31


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum