Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Upcoming Glasgow Bye-Election

Go down

The Upcoming Glasgow Bye-Election Empty The Upcoming Glasgow Bye-Election

Post  Guest Thu 29 Oct - 17:39

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere.

The Glasgow North East bye-election, brought about by the resignation and elevation of the former Speaker, will soon be upon us.

This will surely be a barometer for the forthcoming election.

Interestingly, fighting against the usual suspects, the Jury Team are contesting this seat with much enthusiasm.

Standing for the Jury Team is local hero Mr John Smeaton. If you remember, he was one of the heroes who fought back during the recent terrorist attack on Glasgow Airport.

The Upcoming Glasgow Bye-Election 307691

I think this could be a very interesing contest, particularly in response to the recent shenanigans down at Westminster, and the main parties may well lose much support.

Any thoughts?.............
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

The Upcoming Glasgow Bye-Election Empty Re: The Upcoming Glasgow Bye-Election

Post  Guest Thu 29 Oct - 19:07

I voted for the Jury Team at the EURO election.

Wasn't Smeatons role exaggerated ? And he was whooed bye Gordon Browns spin doctors at one point, IIRC.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 30 Oct - 8:29

Smeaton a hero? Don't make me laugh, he's a nasty wee ned that jumped on the actions of other REAL heroes, puffed himself up and now he's a wannabe politician and even more full of himself.

Hey, wait a minute, I just described Gerry McCann! HE's not standing, is he? The Upcoming Glasgow Bye-Election 294124
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 30 Oct - 17:47

TFG,

I will have to bow to your superior local knowledge re John Smeaton.

I cant see a Jury Team win, I'm interested to see if the Glasgow voters give what was a safe Labour seat a facelift.
Labour are still favourites to win, with SNP next in the betting. Also, the size of the Smeaton vote may be an indicator as to how many Esther Rantzens and the like we see pop up next year. X Factor this business ain't!

LA, I also voted Jury Team in the Euros. Unfortunately, I live in what was a fairly safe rural Tory seat, only LibDems may come close. Vote for pride only.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down