Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

More neglect in Portugal from a British mum

View previous topic View next topic Go down

More neglect in Portugal from a British mum

Post  Guest on Wed 27 Aug - 5:28

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

From VERONICA LORRAINE
in Portimao, Portugal

A GIRL of eight was taken into care after her British mum went partying and left her alone in their holiday apartment — a few miles from where Madeleine McCann was snatched.
Worried neighbours who called police claimed the child had been abandoned several times at night.


Cops in the resort of Portimao, Portugal, were forced to take her into care when the mum did not return.

Portimao is less than 25 miles from Praia da Luz, where Maddie vanished in May last year just before her fourth birthday.

The resort was also the HQ of the Portuguese police hunt for Maddie.


Madeleine McCann ... vanished
The Sun understands the mum had been urged by a doctor to avoid drink on holiday as she was on medication to combat alcohol-related problems and depression.

But she ignored the advice, went out boozing and ended up needing hospital treatment.

Police handed her frightened daughter to a temporary care home in Faro.

After being assessed there she was transferred to a children’s home in nearby Loule.

Worried family members are believed to have flown out to Portugal to help the youngster and her mother.

And a spokesman for the British Consulate said: “We can confirm we are offering advice to the girl and her family.”


But neither the consulate nor police would say if the mum could face charges.

The offence of abandonment carries a maximum ten-year jail sentence in Portugal, but only if prosecutors can prove a parent intended to neglect a child.

Maddie’s parents Kate and Gerry were recently cleared of any involvement in the disappearance of their daughter, who vanished from their holiday apartment as they dined out nearby with friends.

But many outraged Portuguese believe the couple should have been charged with abandonment.

Earlier this year two British children were taken into temporary care in the Algarve when their parents collapsed after an afternoon out.



DO YOU know the mother and child? Ring The Sun’s newsdesk on 020 7782 4104, text 63000 or email exclusive@the-sun.co.uk.


So this mum was an 'alki' who'd gone out 'boozing'

... whilst the McCanns were merely 'dining' as they would in their back garden


What's left to say ...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: More neglect in Portugal from a British mum

Post  Guest on Wed 27 Aug - 6:31

Have people not learned a thing from the Mccann case?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: More neglect in Portugal from a British mum

Post  Guest on Wed 27 Aug - 6:47

MsTaken wrote:Have people not learned a thing from the Mccann case?

Obviously not and she'll go home and do the same in the UK time after time.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: More neglect in Portugal from a British mum

Post  Guest on Wed 27 Aug - 7:07

But they have learnt something? They are likely to get away with it!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: More neglect in Portugal from a British mum

Post  Guest on Wed 27 Aug - 7:25

This is good for our economy. The whole of social services can now be given early retirement.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: More neglect in Portugal from a British mum

Post  Guest on Wed 27 Aug - 7:45

And to think there have been people on forums saying they would never take a holiday in Portugal again because of their Keystone Cops police, paedophile networks etc. etc.

With the reputation the Brits are getting abroad it wouldn't surprise me if the Algarve and other tourist hot spots start paying the Brits to holiday at home.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: More neglect in Portugal from a British mum

Post  Guest on Wed 27 Aug - 8:17

justagrannynow wrote:And to think there have been people on forums saying they would never take a holiday in Portugal again because of their Keystone Cops police, paedophile networks etc. etc.

With the reputation the Brits are getting abroad it wouldn't surprise me if the Algarve and other tourist hot spots start paying the Brits to holiday at home.

And who could blame them...there are those that have slated the PJ, Portugal and her ppl, yet what example of us brits setting, I hope this woman is prosecuted but of course she wont be, just like the macs

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: More neglect in Portugal from a British mum

Post  Krisy22 on Wed 27 Aug - 8:32

MsTaken wrote:Have people not learned a thing from the Mccann case?


Hi MsTaken

I think all people have learned from the Mc case is that they will be feted and treated like celebs.

All the British press saying it could happen to any of us. The poor children are the only ones to suffer in these cases.

Krisy22
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3380
Location : good old Oxfordshire no goats... lots of RAIN....
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-07-27

Back to top Go down

Re: More neglect in Portugal from a British mum

Post  Guest on Wed 27 Aug - 8:37

Krisy22 wrote:
MsTaken wrote:Have people not learned a thing from the Mccann case?


Hi MsTaken

I think all people have learned from the Mc case is that they will be feted and treated like celebs.

All the British press saying it could happen to any of us. The poor children are the only ones to suffer in these cases.

morning Krisy and of course it will the Portugals fault for serving this woman alcohol..after all they are just a bunch of sardine munchers

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: More neglect in Portugal from a British mum

Post  Guest on Wed 27 Aug - 9:36

Well Clarence did patiently explain to all these undeveloped countries that leaving young children on their own was a cultural thing. All the Brits did it.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: More neglect in Portugal from a British mum

Post  Susan on Wed 27 Aug - 10:18

justagrannynow wrote:And to think there have been people on forums saying they would never take a holiday in Portugal again because of their Keystone Cops police, paedophile networks etc. etc.

With the reputation the Brits are getting abroad it wouldn't surprise me if the Algarve and other tourist hot spots start paying the Brits to holiday at home.


Thats a good point justa!!!

Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 11477
Age : 56
Location : Spain. The place where children are welcome in tapas bars
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://missingmadeleine.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: More neglect in Portugal from a British mum

Post  Guest on Wed 27 Aug - 10:54

justagrannynow wrote:Well Clarence did patiently explain to all these undeveloped countries that leaving young children on their own was a cultural thing. All the Brits did it.



He might do it but I dont know anyone who does that within my family or circle of friends!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: More neglect in Portugal from a British mum

Post  Guest on Wed 27 Aug - 11:45

Standing Tall wrote:
justagrannynow wrote:Well Clarence did patiently explain to all these undeveloped countries that leaving young children on their own was a cultural thing. All the Brits did it.



He might do it but I dont know anyone who does that within my family or circle of friends!


Nor do I but if i did I'd report them immediately for it.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: More neglect in Portugal from a British mum

Post  Guest on Wed 27 Aug - 11:52

Honestly, i give up. Abduction, accident aside...Do they have no regard for their kids being scared shitless?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: More neglect in Portugal from a British mum

Post  Susan on Wed 27 Aug - 11:59

poinksy wrote:Honestly, i give up. Abduction, accident aside...Do they have no regard for their kids being scared shitless?


Some people do not think of the children as long as they are having fun!

Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 11477
Age : 56
Location : Spain. The place where children are welcome in tapas bars
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://missingmadeleine.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: More neglect in Portugal from a British mum

Post  TC on Wed 27 Aug - 12:21

Ambersuz wrote:
poinksy wrote:Honestly, i give up. Abduction, accident aside...Do they have no regard for their kids being scared shitless?


Some people do not think of the children as long as they are having fun!

That is sad but true and disgusting! Why on earth do you get a child in the first place then?

Probably of all the "fun" I guess.

But when you go out and have "fun" do for god sake have a condom with you and USE it!

TC
Graphic Designer
Graphic Designer

Male
Number of posts : 142
Age : 26
Location : Sweden
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-08-20

http://scarmix.com

Back to top Go down

Re: More neglect in Portugal from a British mum

Post  Susan on Wed 27 Aug - 12:24

TC wrote:
Ambersuz wrote:
poinksy wrote:Honestly, i give up. Abduction, accident aside...Do they have no regard for their kids being scared shitless?


Some people do not think of the children as long as they are having fun!

That is sad but true and disgusting! Why on earth do you get a child in the first place then?

Probably of all the "fun" I guess.

But when you go out and have "fun" do for god sake have a condom with you and USE it!


Thats good advice TC but some ppl just dont think with their *top* heads !!!

Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 11477
Age : 56
Location : Spain. The place where children are welcome in tapas bars
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://missingmadeleine.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: More neglect in Portugal from a British mum

Post  Guest on Wed 27 Aug - 14:32

Jacqui67 wrote:Wednesday, August 27, 2008

From VERONICA LORRAINE
in Portimao, Portugal

A GIRL of eight was taken into care after her British mum went partying and left her alone in their holiday apartment — a few miles from where Madeleine McCann was snatched.
Worried neighbours who called police claimed the child had been abandoned several times at night.


Cops in the resort of Portimao, Portugal, were forced to take her into care when the mum did not return.

Portimao is less than 25 miles from Praia da Luz, where Maddie vanished in May last year just before her fourth birthday.

The resort was also the HQ of the Portuguese police hunt for Maddie.


Madeleine McCann ... vanished
The Sun understands the mum had been urged by a doctor to avoid drink on holiday as she was on medication to combat alcohol-related problems and depression.

But she ignored the advice, went out boozing and ended up needing hospital treatment.

Police handed her frightened daughter to a temporary care home in Faro.

After being assessed there she was transferred to a children’s home in nearby Loule.

Worried family members are believed to have flown out to Portugal to help the youngster and her mother.

And a spokesman for the British Consulate said: “We can confirm we are offering advice to the girl and her family.”


But neither the consulate nor police would say if the mum could face charges.

The offence of abandonment carries a maximum ten-year jail sentence in Portugal, but only if prosecutors can prove a parent intended to neglect a child.

Maddie’s parents Kate and Gerry were recently cleared of any involvement in the disappearance of their daughter, who vanished from their holiday apartment as they dined out nearby with friends.

But many outraged Portuguese believe the couple should have been charged with abandonment.

Earlier this year two British children were taken into temporary care in the Algarve when their parents collapsed after an afternoon out.



DO YOU know the mother and child? Ring The Sun’s newsdesk on 020 7782 4104, text 63000 or email exclusive@the-sun.co.uk.


So this mum was an 'alki' who'd gone out 'boozing'

... whilst the McCanns were merely 'dining' as they would in their back garden


What's left to say ...

They'll blame it on Portugal now

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: More neglect in Portugal from a British mum

Post  pm on Wed 27 Aug - 14:46

Menina britânica é retirada à mãe após abandono no Algarve
Uma criança de 8 anos foi entregue a um centro de acolhimento em Loulé depois da mãe, alcoolizada, ter sido internada no hospital de Portimão. O caso chamou a atenção da imprensa britânica

[

O caso aconteceu na semana passada, quando os vizinhos de uma pensão em Portimão notaram o recorrente abandono da menina por parte da mãe, uma cidadã britânica.

Na sexta-feira, a mãe não voltou a casa. Tinha dado entrada no hospital de Portimão, alcoolizada. Segundo a Rádio Renascença, a mulher de 44 anos estava medicada por problemas de depressão e alcoolismo e estava proibida de beber.

Sozinha na pensão, a criança foi recolhida pelas autoridades e colocada no Refúgio Aboim Ascenção. Entretanto, foi transferida para um centro de acolhimento em Loulé. O consulado britânico de Portimão está a acompanhar o caso.

A notícia chegou hoje às páginas do jornal inglês Daily Telegraph, que recorda que, em Maio, três crianças britânicas foram temporariamente retiradas aos pais, de férias no Algarve, depois destes terem desmaiado no hotel.

As autoridades portuguesas e várias testemunhas acusam Eamon e Antoinette McGuckin de terem estado alcoolizados, mas estes dizem ter desmaiado «por causa do calor».

O casal acabou por fugir para a Irlanda do Norte com as crianças antes de ser ouvido pelo tribunal.

O Daily Telegraph lembra ainda a proximidade da Praia da Luz, localidade onde em 2007 desapareceu Madeleine McCann, uma menina inglesa de três anos que os pais dizem ter sido raptada.

SOL

pm
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4300
Age : 45
Location : Cave of the MOUNTAIN OF THE 3RD WORLD - PORTUGAL - St Gerald i am sending your goats to you again
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Re: More neglect in Portugal from a British mum

Post  Guest on Wed 27 Aug - 15:42

Take this child away from her mother. The woman does not deserve children!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: More neglect in Portugal from a British mum

Post  Guest on Wed 27 Aug - 16:19

pm wrote:
Menina britânica é retirada à mãe após abandono no Algarve
Uma criança de 8 anos foi entregue a um centro de acolhimento em Loulé depois da mãe, alcoolizada, ter sido internada no hospital de Portimão. O caso chamou a atenção da imprensa britânica

[

O caso aconteceu na semana passada, quando os vizinhos de uma pensão em Portimão notaram o recorrente abandono da menina por parte da mãe, uma cidadã britânica.

Na sexta-feira, a mãe não voltou a casa. Tinha dado entrada no hospital de Portimão, alcoolizada. Segundo a Rádio Renascença, a mulher de 44 anos estava medicada por problemas de depressão e alcoolismo e estava proibida de beber.

Sozinha na pensão, a criança foi recolhida pelas autoridades e colocada no Refúgio Aboim Ascenção. Entretanto, foi transferida para um centro de acolhimento em Loulé. O consulado britânico de Portimão está a acompanhar o caso.

A notícia chegou hoje às páginas do jornal inglês Daily Telegraph, que recorda que, em Maio, três crianças britânicas foram temporariamente retiradas aos pais, de férias no Algarve, depois destes terem desmaiado no hotel.

As autoridades portuguesas e várias testemunhas acusam Eamon e Antoinette McGuckin de terem estado alcoolizados, mas estes dizem ter desmaiado «por causa do calor».

O casal acabou por fugir para a Irlanda do Norte com as crianças antes de ser ouvido pelo tribunal.

O Daily Telegraph lembra ainda a proximidade da Praia da Luz, localidade onde em 2007 desapareceu Madeleine McCann, uma menina inglesa de três anos que os pais dizem ter sido raptada.

SOL

The case happened last week, when the neighbors of a pension in Portimão noted the applicant abandonment of a child by the mother, a British citizen.

On Friday, the mother did not come back to home. He was admitted to hospital because of Portimão, alcoolizada. According to Radio Renaissance, the wife of 44 years was medicada to problems of depression and alcoholism and was prohibited from drinking.

Sozinha in pension, the child was collected by authorities and placed in the Ascension Aboim Refuge. However, he was transferred to a reception centre in Lisbon. The British consulate in Portimao is monitoring the case.

The news came today to the pages of the English newspaper Daily Telegraph, which recalls that in May, three British children were temporarily withdrawn to parents, on holiday in the Algarve, after these have desmaiado at the hotel.

The Portuguese authorities and several witnesses accused Eamon and Antoinette McGuckin to have been alcohol, but they say they are desmaiado 'because of the heat.

The couple finally flee to Northern Ireland with the children before being heard by the court.

The Daily Telegraph also recalls the vicinity of Praia da Luz, town where Madeleine McCann disappeared in 2007, an English girl of three years that parents say they have been kidnapped.

SUN
Portuguese » English Translate

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: More neglect in Portugal from a British mum

Post  Sponsored content Today at 3:55


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum