Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brunty - McCanns v Amaral...The Next Round

+41
duncanmac
Lilemor
kitti
fred
hobnob
frencheuropean
welshy
Roasted Arizona
nostra
Kazlux
Dimsie
malena stool
AnnaEsse
4timesanan
jypsybear
dazedandconfused
T4two
Judge Dread
curious george
ali1966
MaryB
Keela
RIORITA
fuzeta
Catalina
Carolina
krissie
Christine
quickfingers
steve1295
saloongirl
ann_chovey
fedrules
MissGivings
Claudia79
MJH1901
Colonel Fabien
jay2001
sans_souci
Alfiefinn
Alpine Aster
45 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Brunty - McCanns v Amaral...The Next Round - Page 3 Empty Re: Lovely Brunty

Post  Carolina Fri 11 Dec - 12:17

Schnuffel wrote:
welshy wrote:Brunty - McCanns v Amaral...The Next Round - Page 3 306321 Case postponed for 1 month .

McCanns To Wait For Court Fight With Ex-Cop

11:28am UK, Friday December 11, 2009

Martin Brunt, crime correspondent, Portugal

Gerry and Kate McCann's court battle with an ex-police chief who believes their missing daughter Madeleine is dead has been put on hold. The couple were due to ask a Portuguese judge for a permanent ban on sales of a book by Goncalo Amaral in which he challenges their version of Madeleine's disappearance.

But the court hearing in Lisbon has been postponed for one month because Mr Amaral's lawyer has swine flu.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-News/Madeleine-McCann-Parents-Gerry-And-Kate-In-Portugal-To-Fight-Goncalo-Amaral-Over-His-Book/Article/200912215497848?lpos=World_News_Second_World_News_Article_Teaser_Region_1&lid=ARTICLE_15497848_Madeleine_McCann_Parents_Gerry_And_Kate_In_Portugal_To_Fight_Goncalo_Amaral_Over_His_Book

How can they ask for a permanent ban on the book now? The temporary injunction on the sale of the book and negotiation of the copyright only applied to the publisher. Since the McCanns did not bring a case against the publisher within the 30 day period of the injunction being applied, the said injunction is longer in force and the book, according to some jurists, can be put back on the shelves of the book stores. The McCanns seem to have missed their opportunity there and it seems that it is a bit late to ask for the permanent ban. But then they seem to believe that laws do not apply to them and everyone must bow to their will.

They certainly have not judged the Portuguese public opinion very well. Most people would never accept censorship after 48 years of a dictatorship.

ETA: Either the McCanns received very bad advice or their arrogance has gotten the best of them. However, I am more inclined to believe that the journalists have not done their homework

Last edited by Carolina on Fri 11 Dec - 12:26; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Adding an extra comment)
Carolina
Carolina
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 874
Warning :
Brunty - McCanns v Amaral...The Next Round - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Brunty - McCanns v Amaral...The Next Round - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Brunty - McCanns v Amaral...The Next Round - Page 3 Empty Re: Lovely Brunty

Post  Catalina Fri 11 Dec - 13:11

Roasted Arizona wrote:Hilarious - the case being delayed for a month! The naughty Portugese lawyer could have phoned them last night to say he was poorly - saved them the journey Brunty - McCanns v Amaral...The Next Round - Page 3 294124

He's playing with them I reckon!

I think - but I admit I am not 100% sure - that the presiding judge has to decide whether to postpone the case or not, so he or she could still have let it go ahead without the lawyer being present. Although it is extremely unlikely, in the course of justice, that any judge would allow a case to be heard without the defendant's lawyer... but I believe everyone else involved has to turn up at the court, if only to be told to go away again.

Now, it has been rumoured that the McCanns were going to Praia da Luz this weekend anyway; now that they don't have to spend a day in court, they can go even sooner. Bet they can't wait to get there Brunty - McCanns v Amaral...The Next Round - Page 3 294124
Catalina
Catalina
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 84
Warning :
Brunty - McCanns v Amaral...The Next Round - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Brunty - McCanns v Amaral...The Next Round - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-23

Back to top Go down

Brunty - McCanns v Amaral...The Next Round - Page 3 Empty Re: Brunty - McCanns v Amaral...The Next Round

Post  T4two Fri 11 Dec - 13:20

Roasted Arizona wrote:
Hilarious - the case being delayed for a month! The naughty Portugese lawyer could have phoned them last night to say he was poorly - saved them the journey

Hi! He did phone, but Leicestershire police didn't pass the message on so he tried Halligen's hotline but no answer Brunty - McCanns v Amaral...The Next Round - Page 3 294124
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Brunty - McCanns v Amaral...The Next Round - Page 3 Empty Re: Brunty - McCanns v Amaral...The Next Round

Post  keepingmum Fri 11 Dec - 13:32

hope they don't bump into the Portugese couple i met on holiday this year. They absolutely hated the McCanns and didn't mince words about what they thought had happened in PDL.
keepingmum
keepingmum
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 325
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Fri 11 Dec - 13:38

It has become obvious from the line-up of witnesses that Dr. Amaral is not alone in representing the thesis that Madeleine is dead and that he is far from being the disgraced cop they have been portraying him to be. A visit to PdL in the hope that they can divert media attention away from Dr. Amaral. A desperate measure which will achieve nothing because the truth is out there and slowly being revealed, but like drug addicts they will always look for the last shot, convinced that it will save them.
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 11 Dec - 13:39

keepingmum wrote:...didn't mince words about what they thought had happened in PDL.

go on. spit it out. Brunty - McCanns v Amaral...The Next Round - Page 3 25346
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  fuzeta Fri 11 Dec - 13:54

krissie wrote:I guess they are going to the lawless villiages that surround PdL. they might even bump into their eminent private detective there
so they can discuss the next step in searching for their daughter.

Is Clarence riding shotgun? I hope so, he can bag a few peodophiles apparently they have herds of them in the Algarve. So we have been told anyway Brunty - McCanns v Amaral...The Next Round - Page 3 23324
fuzeta
fuzeta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4231
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  weissnicht Fri 11 Dec - 14:07

krissie wrote:I guess they are going to the lawless villiages that surround PdL. they might even bump into their eminent private detective there
so they can discuss the next step in searching for their daughter.
mccanns ? searching for their daughter? What? Brunty - McCanns v Amaral...The Next Round - Page 3 36898
weissnicht
weissnicht
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 851
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Keela Fri 11 Dec - 14:24

I doubt they will do any searching. They didn't on the night. anyway searching is a word of which the McCanns have no concept unless it is searching for reasons to further slay the one person who fills them with the most dread.

I hope that it is an urban myth that they are going to PDL. I don't think that the locals will have been round the carpet shops finding enough red carpet for them. More likely that the sale of rotten oranges and bad eggs have gone up!!!!
Keela
Keela
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2360
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  RIORITA Fri 11 Dec - 14:24

Searching for Maddie?? Aye right. Brunty - McCanns v Amaral...The Next Round - Page 3 25346
RIORITA
RIORITA
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 797
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 11 Dec - 14:28

T4two wrote:Roasted Arizona wrote:
Hilarious - the case being delayed for a month! The naughty Portugese lawyer could have phoned them last night to say he was poorly - saved them the journey

Hi! He did phone, but Leicestershire police didn't pass the message on so he tried Halligen's hotline but no answer Brunty - McCanns v Amaral...The Next Round - Page 3 294124

Naughty Brunty - McCanns v Amaral...The Next Round - Page 3 23324
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Keela Fri 11 Dec - 15:19

So they want a permanent ban on the book? Right, OK. Now is the time for those of us who have copies of the translated book to "leave it lying around". You never know who will read it.
Keela
Keela
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2360
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  hobnob Fri 11 Dec - 16:15

Perhaps they will do some jogging up that famous hill again?
Maybe they just want to make sure that wherever they dumped her hasn't been disturbed by animals or mother nature.
Criminals particulalry killers like to return to the scene of their crime to make sure nothing has been disturbed or to relive the event so they can get their jollies.
I would be very interested to see where in PDL they go and after they have gone examine minutely the scene whether it be the church, apartment or other.
after all it wouldn't do for her body to turn up inconveniently whilst they are in portugal, it would do away with the need for an EAW and the extradition lawyers they hired wouldn't be able to do a thing.
I do hope they have their reinforced diapers on because you can bet your bottom dollar their sphincters will be quivering Brunty - McCanns v Amaral...The Next Round - Page 3 294124
hobnob
hobnob
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 431
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Fri 11 Dec - 16:48

hobnob wrote:Perhaps they will do some jogging up that famous hill again?
Maybe they just want to make sure that wherever they dumped her hasn't been disturbed by animals or mother nature.
Criminals particulalry killers like to return to the scene of their crime to make sure nothing has been disturbed or to relive the event so they can get their jollies.
I would be very interested to see where in PDL they go and after they have gone examine minutely the scene whether it be the church, apartment or other.
after all it wouldn't do for her body to turn up inconveniently whilst they are in portugal, it would do away with the need for an EAW and the extradition lawyers they hired wouldn't be able to do a thing.
I do hope they have their reinforced diapers on because you can bet your bottom dollar their sphincters will be quivering Brunty - McCanns v Amaral...The Next Round - Page 3 294124

Well, Gerry didn't look too happy being interviewed at the airport. Maybe it's because he has seen the list of witnesses being called by Gonçalo Amaral.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Dimsie Fri 11 Dec - 16:57

If they go to Praia da Luz and don't tell people what their own chief investigator believes OR don't finally start searching for their daughter, I think everyone will know what to believe. If they have faith in Dave Edgar they'll share his words with everyone, so that the people who live in that area around PdL will help them search. They'll stay as long as possible, so as to help in the search themselves. They won't just do a flying, publicity-driven visit, and then head home, without a word about Dave E's views on Madeleine's whereabouts. This is a perfect opportunity for them to show they have faith in this particular PI, after the fiasco of the others, so I hope for some show of their confidence in him.
Dimsie
Dimsie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1476
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  curious george Fri 11 Dec - 17:12

I doubt Dave Edgar has been anywhere near the place. I think his investigation is more a desk top study, rather than an actual physical search.
curious george
curious george
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 188
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Fri 11 Dec - 17:12

Dimsie wrote:If they go to Praia da Luz and don't tell people what their own chief investigator believes OR don't finally start searching for their daughter, I think everyone will know what to believe. If they have faith in Dave Edgar they'll share his words with everyone, so that the people who live in that area around PdL will help them search. They'll stay as long as possible, so as to help in the search themselves. They won't just do a flying, publicity-driven visit, and then head home, without a word about Dave E's views on Madeleine's whereabouts. This is a perfect opportunity for them to show they have faith in this particular PI, after the fiasco of the others, so I hope for some show of their confidence in him.

I just wonder what the people who live in the outlying villages think about their areas being described as "lawless."
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Fri 11 Dec - 17:15

curious george wrote:I doubt Dave Edgar has been anywhere near the place. I think his investigation is more a desk top study, rather than an actual physical search.

Well, Knutsford is rather nice: walks round Tatton Park; tea and crumpets in those lovely little cafes. He's using the same search methods that the McCanns used originally. Sit in a cosy house with a laptop.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dimsie Fri 11 Dec - 17:15

sasha wrote:So they want a permanent ban on the book? Right, OK. Now is the time for those of us who have copies of the translated book to "leave it lying around". You never know who will read it.
sasha, that's been the way for a very long time to get banned books read. And probably one of the reasons banned books are among those most widely read. Brunty - McCanns v Amaral...The Next Round - Page 3 25346

As for the McCanns talking about not allowing 'the truth to be distorted', if they know what the truth is then they'll have the evidence to prove it. Cast-iron evidence, the same as would be needed no matter what the truth turned out to be.

If they don't have any proof - and certainly they've never produced any - then their theory of abduction is simply that: a theory, with no more validity than any other. Hasn't it sunk into their heads yet that even the media don't use the word 'abduction' any longer? They correctly say Madeleine 'disappeared' or 'went missing'. The only people who keep repeating 'abduction' like a mantra are the McCanns themselves and their supporters; the rest of the world knows Madeleine 'disappeared' ... and says so.

I hope when the hearing eventually takes place that someone of influence in Portugal will push for the case to be reopened. This is regardless of the outcome of the hearing, which is all to do with money AFAICS. Madeleine seems to have been forgotten about, now that banning books and looking for money have taken centre-stage, but it's her fate that should be the number one concern, and this can only be investigated properly if the case is officially reopened. If the McCanns themselves don't ask for a reopening then someone else should step in, someone with the ability to make the Portuguese authorities take note.
Dimsie
Dimsie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1476
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Fri 11 Dec - 17:21

In some ways a ban could make the book more widely read. People will say well what exactly is in the book that has caused so much upset. And then want to read it. I'd like to read both books. We should know the whole story. And I've said before most police officers wouldn't expect a child of three who has been missing for over two years to turn up safe and well. And in lots of missing people cases the police say growing concerns for their safety. Does that mean people will stop looking and reporting and the police will be sued.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  ali1966 Fri 11 Dec - 18:39

Its just been reported on my local tv station that the McCanns are in PdL this evening.
ali1966
ali1966
Reg Member
Reg Member

Female
Number of posts : 203
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Fri 11 Dec - 18:47

ali1966 wrote:Its just been reported on my local tv station that the McCanns are in PdL this evening.
For an out of season happy hour? I wonder who is checking on the twins....Social Services perhaps.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 11 Dec - 18:48

http://twitter.com/KeirSimmonsITV

Exclusive - Kate and Gerry #McCann are in Praia Da Luz tonight, the first time Kate has been back there since #Madeleine disappeared.
8 minutes ago from HootSuite
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Fri 11 Dec - 18:54

It's on the ticker on Skynews now. What a suprise? she will be clutching cadaver cat to her bosom tomorrow,gazing out to sea, then on sunday a.m. it will be a trip to the church for a special mass for madeleine, they are so predictable. The Sunday tabloids will be front line headlines of Brave Kate and her heartbreak at seeing poor madeleines last place.
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilemor Fri 11 Dec - 19:11

Lilemor
Lilemor
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1149
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next