Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GERRY AND KATE MCCANN HEAD FOR HEARTACHE RESORT ‘TO BE CLOSE TO MADELEINE’

+25
Ang
kitti
jypsybear
Faithlilly
Dimsie
duncanmac
nostra
MaryB
hobnob
margaret
lynn
Lilemor
Keela
comperedna
fred
RIORITA
jay2001
nospinnaker
Alpine Aster
tanszi
Catalina
krissie
welshy
Annabel
Alfiefinn
29 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

GERRY AND KATE MCCANN HEAD FOR HEARTACHE RESORT ‘TO BE CLOSE TO MADELEINE’ Empty Madeleine Parents Back In Portugal Resort

Post  Annabel Fri 11 Dec - 20:24

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-News/Kate-And-Gerry-McCann-Return-To-Praia-Da-Luz-Where-Madeleine-Went-Missing/Article/200912215498381?f=rss

Breaking News
Madeleine Parents Back In Portugal Resort

8:20pm UK, Friday December 11, 2009

Andy Jack, Sky News Online
Kate and Gerry McCann have returned to Praia da Luz where their daughter Madeleine went missing in 2007.

It is the first time Mrs McCann has returned to the resort on the Algarve coast.

Sky News Crime correspondent Martin Brunt, who is in Portugal, said: "I understand they are planning to visit the Ocean Club complex from where Madeleine disappeared.

"It will be an important and emotional visit, especially for Kate McCann."

Madeleine McCann as she looked when she disappeared

Madeleine: Vanished in 2007

Earlier on Friday, in Lisbon, the McCanns' court battle with an ex-police chief who believes Madeleine is dead was postponed for a month.

Brunt said: "I understand the McCanns have taken a three-hour car journey down from Lisbon after the aborted case.

"This is the first time Kate McCann will have returned to the resort. Gerry has been back at least once to take part in a TV documentary.

"And Kate has always said that - spiritually, at least - she felt very close to her daughter in Praia da Luz.

"How long they will stay and who they will meet isn't known.

"But they might find some resistance to their presence there because there were protests outside the court today and that anti-McCann feeling that was a little in evidence is a lot stronger in Praia da Luz."
Annabel
Annabel
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3528
Warning :
GERRY AND KATE MCCANN HEAD FOR HEARTACHE RESORT ‘TO BE CLOSE TO MADELEINE’ Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100GERRY AND KATE MCCANN HEAD FOR HEARTACHE RESORT ‘TO BE CLOSE TO MADELEINE’ Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

GERRY AND KATE MCCANN HEAD FOR HEARTACHE RESORT ‘TO BE CLOSE TO MADELEINE’ Empty Re: GERRY AND KATE MCCANN HEAD FOR HEARTACHE RESORT ‘TO BE CLOSE TO MADELEINE’

Post  Guest Fri 11 Dec - 20:40

http://twitter.com/martinbrunt

kate McCann returns to Praia da Luz for first time since daughter Madeleine vanished
28 minutes ago from mobile web
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

GERRY AND KATE MCCANN HEAD FOR HEARTACHE RESORT ‘TO BE CLOSE TO MADELEINE’ Empty Re: GERRY AND KATE MCCANN HEAD FOR HEARTACHE RESORT ‘TO BE CLOSE TO MADELEINE’

Post  fred Fri 11 Dec - 20:48

Brave Kate, how strong she is?
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :
GERRY AND KATE MCCANN HEAD FOR HEARTACHE RESORT ‘TO BE CLOSE TO MADELEINE’ Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100GERRY AND KATE MCCANN HEAD FOR HEARTACHE RESORT ‘TO BE CLOSE TO MADELEINE’ Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post  Alfiefinn Fri 11 Dec - 20:49

fred, I think she has a core of steel.
Alfiefinn
Alfiefinn
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1482
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Fri 11 Dec - 20:52

Alfiefinn wrote:fred, I think she has a core of steel.

More like aspestos, silent, grim, grey and deadly GERRY AND KATE MCCANN HEAD FOR HEARTACHE RESORT ‘TO BE CLOSE TO MADELEINE’ 25346
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Alfiefinn Fri 11 Dec - 20:55

GERRY AND KATE MCCANN HEAD FOR HEARTACHE RESORT ‘TO BE CLOSE TO MADELEINE’ 294124 @ fred. Hope you're well GERRY AND KATE MCCANN HEAD FOR HEARTACHE RESORT ‘TO BE CLOSE TO MADELEINE’ Icon_flower
Alfiefinn
Alfiefinn
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1482
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Fri 11 Dec - 21:00

Alfiefinn wrote:GERRY AND KATE MCCANN HEAD FOR HEARTACHE RESORT ‘TO BE CLOSE TO MADELEINE’ 294124 @ fred. Hope you're well GERRY AND KATE MCCANN HEAD FOR HEARTACHE RESORT ‘TO BE CLOSE TO MADELEINE’ Icon_flower

Still keeping up my obsession,saddo that I am. Wish I could leave this alone, now, but, I can't.
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dimsie Sat 12 Dec - 1:35

fred wrote:Still keeping up my obsession,saddo that I am. Wish I could leave this alone, now, but, I can't.
You're not a saddo by any means, you're a normal person who doesn't think the disappearance of a little girl is something that should be ignored. Believe me, if the general public knew as much as we do about what's in the official case files they'd be as horrified as we are at the way this seems to have turned into a charade involving legal writs and large sums of money. Oh, and spokesmen and PR firms, something new in the whole field of child disappearance, I imagine.

They'll get to know eventually, of course, one way or another. GERRY AND KATE MCCANN HEAD FOR HEARTACHE RESORT ‘TO BE CLOSE TO MADELEINE’ 25346
Dimsie
Dimsie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1476
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 12 Dec - 1:43

Dimsie wrote:
fred wrote:Still keeping up my obsession,saddo that I am. Wish I could leave this alone, now, but, I can't.
You're not a saddo by any means, you're a normal person who doesn't think the disappearance of a little girl is something that should be ignored. Believe me, if the general public knew as much as we do about what's in the official case files they'd be as horrified as we are at the way this seems to have turned into a charade involving legal writs and large sums of money. Oh, and spokesmen and PR firms, something new in the whole field of child disappearance, I imagine.

They'll get to know eventually, of course, one way or another. GERRY AND KATE MCCANN HEAD FOR HEARTACHE RESORT ‘TO BE CLOSE TO MADELEINE’ 25346

What's your take on the UK Gov's involvment ?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

GERRY AND KATE MCCANN HEAD FOR HEARTACHE RESORT ‘TO BE CLOSE TO MADELEINE’ Empty GERRY AND KATE MCCANN HEAD FOR HEARTACHE RESORT ‘TO BE CLOSE TO MADELEINE’

Post  Annabel Sat 12 Dec - 7:10

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/145574/Gerry-and-Kate-McCann-head-for-heartache-resort-to-be-close-to-Madeleine-

UK NEWS
GERRY AND KATE MCCANN HEAD FOR HEARTACHE RESORT ‘TO BE CLOSE TO MADELEINE’
Story Image

Gerry and Kate McCann at a press conference in Lisbon

Saturday December 12,2009
By Nick Fagge

MADELEINE McCann’s mother Kate yesterday returned for the first time to the Algarve ­holiday resort where her ­daughter went missing.

She had said for some time she wished to return to Praia da Luz because it is where she feels ­closest to her daughter who was nearly four when she disappeared on holiday in 2007.

Madeleine’s father Gerry has been back to the Portuguese resort without his wife.

The couple prayed in church for Madeleine during their emotional visit. During the day they were in Lisbon for the start of their £1million libel action against former police investigator ­Goncalo Amaral, who first led the inquiry into the disappearance.

But the court showdown was postponed until next month as Amaral’s lawyer has swine flu.

The couple from Rothley, Leicestershire, accused the ­detective of using human rights legislation to distort the truth, spread lies and libel them in a book he wrote about the case.

Speaking at a press conference, Kate, 41, said: “There is an ­innocent child missing here and this is what this is about. This is not about freedom of speech.

“That should not outweigh the rights of our family for a proper, reasonable and fair search. ­Freedom of speech should not include distortion of the truth, fabrication and slander.”

Gerry accused Amaral of ­hampering the search for Madeleine.

He said: “If people believe she is dead, they will not keep looking for her and may not come forward with information they may have.”

Amaral, who enjoys huge ­support in ­Portugal, wants to overturn a ban on his book The Truth Of The Lie.

He had lined up six witnesses, including ­detectives who worked on the case, in his defence. Last night he defiantly launched a second book entitled The English Gag in which he defends the publication of his original book .

Amaral also claims he has been gagged by the British establishment.

He also plans to counter sue. Amaral said: ­“Portugal is a country with ­freedom of expression and I should not be incriminated for having written a book.”

Amaral’s assets and bank account were frozen after the McCanns obtained an injunction in September preventing further sales of his controversial first book.
Annabel
Annabel
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3528
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 12 Dec - 7:24

Annabel wrote:Gerry accused Amaral of ­hampering the search for Madeleine.

He said: “If people believe she is dead, they will not keep looking for her and may not come forward with information they may have.”

hmmm, yeah. GERRY AND KATE MCCANN HEAD FOR HEARTACHE RESORT ‘TO BE CLOSE TO MADELEINE’ 303636
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 12 Dec - 8:09

Re: GERRY AND KATE MCCANN HEAD FOR HEARTACHE RESORT ‘TO BE CLOSE TO MADELEINE’

Oh, so she's buried in PdL, then. GERRY AND KATE MCCANN HEAD FOR HEARTACHE RESORT ‘TO BE CLOSE TO MADELEINE’ 389741
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  welshy Sat 12 Dec - 8:17

GERRY AND KATE MCCANN HEAD FOR HEARTACHE RESORT ‘TO BE CLOSE TO MADELEINE’ 306321 Good Morning,

This couple make me sick. They will probably sell their emotional trip story to the papers. Anything for money nothing for poor Madeleine.
welshy
welshy
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 395
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post  krissie Sat 12 Dec - 9:05

Oh, and when they are there , maybe they'll pop in for a tapas . Also I hear the seabass is lovely,very much a favourite among
children. And perhaps a little jog up the hill to work it all off?
krissie
krissie
Reg Member
Reg Member

Female
Number of posts : 245
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Catalina Sat 12 Dec - 9:12

I thought this was supposed to be a 'private visit'.... so how come it is plastered all over the TV and newspapers? According to Sky News, the McCanns may take this opportunity to urge people to come forward with information about Madeleine's disappearance... yawn....
Catalina
Catalina
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 84
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

Back to top Go down

Post  lynn Sat 12 Dec - 9:17

Someone should have been sent to spy on this couple to watch their every move especially if they head to the hills to do a visitation!
Perhaps they need to do some tidying up too just in case the police open up the files to further the investigation.
lynn
lynn
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 928
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Sat 12 Dec - 9:41

Sky have reported they will visit the Ocean Club, isn't it closed during the winter months?
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Sat 12 Dec - 11:07

Well that the Mcs for you. Private visits here there and everywhere covered by the worlds press. Cant understand the grim faces these days, they were so buoyant with smiley faces and big grins, and runs in the sun, receiving flowers and basking in the full glare of publicity when their daughter disappeared. Well thats how it appeared to me. imo.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpine Aster Sat 12 Dec - 11:27

Thank you Annabel.

Kate quote......."That should not outweigh the rights of our family for a proper, reasonable and fair search. ­Freedom of speech should not include distortion of the truth, fabrication and slander.”

Its a pity then that the 48 questions went unanswered that was fair to Madeleine, its a pity that when requested to attend the Official Police Reconstruction none of the Tapas Crew would attend that was fair to Madeleine.
The McCann's could have kept the Case going because that was there right, they had a time period to do that but they never that would have been fair to Madeleine, and then to make out that no one was looking for Madeleine only them and the super sleuth's the pretendy Cops.

If the Police thought that Madeleine was out there alive somewhere they would not give up on her, but no Police Force are, that says it all really.

Two Years to go back its all spin spin spin once again ,when is this Circus going to stop the Audience is getting bored with the same repeat Performance, a private visit then why tell anyone about it.
Alpine Aster
Alpine Aster
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1413
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Sat 12 Dec - 12:06

Im quite sure the booing and heckling and the rotten tomatoes will be worth the 1m pay packet.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  nospinnaker Sat 12 Dec - 12:36

fred wrote:Sky have reported they will visit the Ocean Club, isn't it closed during the winter months?

If it is indeed closed I'm pretty sure this influential pair of professional victims will find a way to have it reopened for their state visit. That way we can be treated to the video of the tragic Kate clutching cadaver cat and a bunch of flowers whilst on her very private pilgrimage.

I do have to wonder what the locals make of it all.
nospinnaker
nospinnaker
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 188
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilemor Sat 12 Dec - 12:42

The alleged influence of the british government is what makes my blood boil.
Lilemor
Lilemor
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1149
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  ann_chovey Sat 12 Dec - 13:20

seems it's open, low season here..............

http://www.luzoceanclub.com/prices.htm
ann_chovey
ann_chovey
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2529
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  jay2001 Sat 12 Dec - 13:36

Watch out for the hideous pix in the Sunday papers of 'brave' Kate looking wistful. Roll on January and (hopefully) justice for Madeleine.
jay2001
jay2001
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 403
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Sat 12 Dec - 13:48

jay2001 wrote:Watch out for the hideous pix in the Sunday papers of 'brave' Kate looking wistful. Roll on January and (hopefully) justice for Madeleine.

It will front page news of poor, brave Kate. Hope she has packed her pink mummsy cardigan! GERRY AND KATE MCCANN HEAD FOR HEARTACHE RESORT ‘TO BE CLOSE TO MADELEINE’ 25346
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next