Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amaral V McCann trial

+56
kitti
maebee
Dimsie
Lilemor
hobnob
jypsybear
jay2001
T4two
pipstar1
welshy
saloongirl
fred
Kazlux
Annabel
lynn
MJH1901
nanadebbie
sans_souci
wjk
krissie
Alfiefinn
deborah
Claudia79
keepingmum
duncanmac
fedrules
Carolina
louiseh
Keela
Eve
it's me again
Colonel Fabien
quickfingers
Judge Dread
macy
Alpine Aster
ali1966
weissnicht
fishie
Christine
curious george
Arguida
MilkyWay
stellarose
oversoon
Jem
Susan
RIORITA
snowflake
nostra
oliver
tanszi
steve1295
suzyone
frencheuropean
Justiceforallkids
60 posters

Page 5 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Go down

Amaral V McCann trial - Page 5 Empty Re: Amaral V McCann trial

Post  Lilemor Thu 3 Dec - 6:52

snowflake wrote:it ill be the first time amaral has ever seen the parents of madeleine.
wonder how he will feel.

No, I don´t think so.
Interrogations, arguida-day...
Lilemor
Lilemor
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1149
Warning :
Amaral V McCann trial - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Amaral V McCann trial - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilemor Thu 3 Dec - 7:02

In my opinion it IS extremely necessary to have a very close look (or watch) Amaral V McCann trial - Page 5 585510 Amaral V McCann trial - Page 5 585510 Amaral V McCann trial - Page 5 585510 into the files/investigation.
How could a judge decide without having done that???
Did Amaral lie, did the McCanns lie... and and and.
It is only answerable if there has been a thoroughly examination of the facts, the files and the book.

Or is only the fact that the case has been archived and the suspect-status has been lifted crucial? Amaral V McCann trial - Page 5 303636 Amaral V McCann trial - Page 5 36898

Or did I get the wrong end of the stick?
Lilemor
Lilemor
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :
Amaral V McCann trial - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Amaral V McCann trial - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post  Christine Thu 3 Dec - 8:51

fedrules wrote:Well, at least the Sun repeated Mr Amaral's theory, which means the public are being reminded that the abduction is not the only explanation of what happened to Madeleine McCann.
Wonder if they will also be making a trip to P. da L??

If they do, it won't be the private one without press...
Christine
Christine
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 972
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-01

Back to top Go down

Amaral V McCann trial - Page 5 Empty POLICE CHIEF FACES LIBEL TRIAL

Post  Colonel Fabien Thu 3 Dec - 9:25

fedrules wrote:So Mr Amaral was instrumental in naming the McCanns 'arguidos'..I thought the evidence was the cause. Mr Amaral merely reacted to the dogs' alerts and the troubling Smith family sighting of 'McCann' with 'Maddie' in his arms. It was his duty to name them arguidos, given the circumstantial evidence against them..

Gonçalo Amaral did not name the McCanns arguidos. The decision was collective. It involved not only GA but the director of the PJ, A. Ribeiro, the judge instructing the investigation, the head of the PJ in Faro, G. Encarnacão, and no doubt others. Anyway, no one can be made an arguido without the judge's authorisation. Without the judge it's no go.
Colonel Fabien
Colonel Fabien
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 347
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-01

Back to top Go down

Amaral V McCann trial - Page 5 Empty Madeleine's Parents will be in Lisbon, 1.12.09, J. de N.

Post  Colonel Fabien Thu 3 Dec - 9:33

snowflake wrote:it ill be the first time amaral has ever seen the parents of madeleine.
wonder how he will feel.

It will also be the first time the McCanns will see G. Amaral in person. I wonder how they will feel.

It will also be their first time in a court room. Wonder how they will feel. This time they shouldn't be in control. Amaral V McCann trial - Page 5 424625
Colonel Fabien
Colonel Fabien
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  RIORITA Thu 3 Dec - 10:21

I don't think this will be the first time they have seen
each other. I wish Mr Amaral all the luck in
the world
RIORITA
RIORITA
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 797
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post  welshy Thu 3 Dec - 10:24

I hope Mrs Amaral sits next to Kate. Amaral V McCann trial - Page 5 294124
welshy
welshy
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 395
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilemor Thu 3 Dec - 10:31

Imo the McCanns feel very very safe.
They dare to meet the leading investigator in a court room. Hmmmmmm...
It is really the last thing I would have expected.
They KNOW (I assume) that Dr. Amaral stated that he knows things he haven´t said...
It doesn´t bother the couple.
It is so strange.
There must be a reason why they are "courageous".
They know they wouldn´t lose.
Lilemor
Lilemor
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Alfiefinn Thu 3 Dec - 10:44

No doubt Antonella Lazzeri of the Sun will be with them to record 'their agony'.
Alfiefinn
Alfiefinn
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1482
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  RIORITA Thu 3 Dec - 10:46

IMO they also know 'things'......that's wht makes
them so brave
RIORITA
RIORITA
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 797
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-20

Back to top Go down

Amaral V McCann trial - Page 5 Empty Re: Madeleine's parents will have to be in Lisbon, 1.12.09, J. de No., Portugal

Post  Carolina Thu 3 Dec - 10:58

Mark my words, the only way the McCanns would see the inside of a courtroom is if they are forced by a court order. They have so far successfully avoided any confrontation with the persons or newspapers they have sued but this time Gonçalo Amaral is determined to have his day in court.

Can you imagine that couple having to testify and answer questions that have not been predetermined. An intelligent lawyer would make mince meat of them, with all of their contradictions and incoherencies. He certainly wouldn't pussy foot around them like the British journalists. They would be sweating buckets. Amaral V McCann trial - Page 5 497573

The reason that the compensation they have asked for is so high is to make the court costs which are in proportion prohibitive and thus prevent GA from paying them and being forced to settle out of court. Therefore, please for those who want justice for Madeleine McCann, donate to the fund!!!!!!!!
Carolina
Carolina
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 874
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 3 Dec - 11:14

Carolina

Let"s just hope that Amaral can prove at the trial that he has not been libellous or caused the McCann Family
such trauma ( they only have to produce the video of the Cutting Edge docu showing them playing happy
families) to prove this.

Personally, I hope Amaral does not settle out of Court.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Amaral V McCann trial - Page 5 Empty Madeleine's parents will have to be in Lisbon, 1.12.09, J. de N.

Post  Colonel Fabien Thu 3 Dec - 11:14

I shall repeat once more : Gonçalo Amaral and the McCanns HAVE NEVER MET IN PERSON. This I know for sure. And I know for sure that the McCanns fear meeting him.

I second Carolina's call for donations to the fund. I have already donated and shall donate again. Remember, every euro counts. Amaral V McCann trial - Page 5 182123
Colonel Fabien
Colonel Fabien
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Christine Thu 3 Dec - 11:15

I don't think this is about the big law case yet. This is only about the book being banned. There won't be in depth questions about the case I think.
Christine
Christine
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 972
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-01

Back to top Go down

Amaral V McCann trial - Page 5 Empty Re: Madeleine's parents will have to be in Lisbon, 1.12.09, J. de No., Portugal

Post  Carolina Thu 3 Dec - 11:36

Beattie: Don't worry, Gonçalo Amaral has no intention of settling out of court because the question now is not just the Maddie case but freedom of expression.
Carolina
Carolina
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 874
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilemor Thu 3 Dec - 11:45

It will be only a kind of formal act?

Last edited by Lilemor on Thu 3 Dec - 12:17; edited 1 time in total
Lilemor
Lilemor
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 3 Dec - 12:00

Carolina wrote:Beattie: Don't worry, Gonçalo Amaral has no intention of settling out of court because the question now is not just the Maddie case but freedom of expression.

EXACTLY!!!!!

Edward Smethhurst and Abreu are the McCann Lawyers with Duarte, maybe the McCanns got carried away
with their success in getting the DE to pay £550,000 and I just wonder whether Smethurst is as canny as Carter
Ruck were. Iv"e still got a sneaky suspicion the McCanns will drop their suit, especially now that they have
been shown to be wasteful with Fund Money. Mark my words, Fund money is being used for this case although
Esther McVey said it wasn"t permissable. This is why they have included Madeleine ,so the Fund would pay.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 3 Dec - 12:03

Colonel Fabien wrote:I shall repeat once more : Gonçalo Amaral and the McCanns HAVE NEVER MET IN PERSON. This I know for sure. And I know for sure that the McCanns fear meeting him.

I second Carolina's call for donations to the fund. I have already donated and shall donate again. Remember, every euro counts. Amaral V McCann trial - Page 5 182123
Is it known the exact or approximate costs of the judicial fees of the libel case?
I tried to calculate it according with the dispatch of 27th April, but depending on a series of factors, including the input of the judge, the amount can vary a lot. I came up with values between €20.000 and €60.000.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Thu 3 Dec - 12:41

Colonel Fabien wrote:
fedrules wrote:So Mr Amaral was instrumental in naming the McCanns 'arguidos'..I thought the evidence was the cause. Mr Amaral merely reacted to the dogs' alerts and the troubling Smith family sighting of 'McCann' with 'Maddie' in his arms. It was his duty to name them arguidos, given the circumstantial evidence against them..

Gonçalo Amaral did not name the McCanns arguidos. The decision was collective. It involved not only GA but the director of the PJ, A. Ribeiro, the judge instructing the investigation, the head of the PJ in Faro, G. Encarnacão, and no doubt others. Anyway, no one can be made an arguido without the judge's authorisation. Without the judge it's no go.

Yes, the spin looks very much like an attempt to isolate Dr. Amaral by putting the entire 'blame' onto him for the McCanns' "pain and grief". Make it look like a personal vendetta by a 'corrupt' policeman. I suppose there are persons in the Portuguese authorities who would be happy to go along with this version?
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Thu 3 Dec - 13:06

Beattie: [quote]Mark my words, Fund money is being used for this case although
Esther McVey said it wasn"t permissable. This is why they have included Madeleine ,so the Fund would pay.[/quote]

That is an excellent point. So having included Madeleine as a plaintiff they also had to include the twins. This means that a fund started with massive donations from a compassionate public for the purpose of searching for a child allegedly abducted is in fact being used by the parents of that child to finance the legal intimidation of anyone who questions their version of events. Like other posters I wonder who is backing them behind the scenes. What do they know that they can use as leverage to the extent of influencing the governments of two countries? How long are the backers going to go along with this before seeking an alternative solution?
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Alfiefinn Thu 3 Dec - 13:09

T4two, perhaps they have hold of some interesting negatives or something?....I know everyone's gone digital these days, but you know what I mean
Alfiefinn
Alfiefinn
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Thu 3 Dec - 13:59

Alfiefinn wrote:T4two, perhaps they have hold of some interesting negatives or something?....I know everyone's gone digital these days, but you know what I mean

Hi Alfiefinn Amaral V McCann trial - Page 5 306321 Yep, I know what you mean, but if something is being used to exert leverage how long is it going to go on and how far will it be allowd to go before someone does a Henry II "Will no one rid me of this troublesome pair?"
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Alfiefinn Thu 3 Dec - 14:03

We can only watch and wait with interest....
Alfiefinn
Alfiefinn
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 3 Dec - 14:27

Alfiefinn wrote:No doubt Antonella Lazzeri of the Sun will be with them to record 'their agony'.

If you psychoanalyse this journalist's past articles you will see that she is clearly a male-hating feminist. She specifically writes articles that reflect men as evil and women as the eternal victims. I noticed Antonella Lazzeri has never once wrote an article on the female abuse/neglect of children. Antonella Lazzeri is Team McCann's dream journalist because Team McCann exploit their feminist supporters for their denial of abusive women. Team McCann have exploited the feminist angle to this case the moment Kate McCann was accused of involvement in the disappearance of her daughter because to a feminist, women are ALWAYS the victims even if the they are the victims of lower human intelligence such as CHIPMUNKS according to Antonella Lazzeri Amaral V McCann trial - Page 5 294124

Mum attacked by killer chipmunk

The Sun, Thursday 30 July
By ANTONELLA LAZZERI

http://www.journalisted.com/antonella-lazzeri
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 3 Dec - 14:50

Alfiefinn wrote:We can only watch and wait with interest....

Don"t be surprised if their suit against Amaral is dropped. They did it once before when the Company went bust.
If it does go to Trial much will depend on the experience of their respective Lawyers.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next