Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amaral V McCann trial

+56
kitti
maebee
Dimsie
Lilemor
hobnob
jypsybear
jay2001
T4two
pipstar1
welshy
saloongirl
fred
Kazlux
Annabel
lynn
MJH1901
nanadebbie
sans_souci
wjk
krissie
Alfiefinn
deborah
Claudia79
keepingmum
duncanmac
fedrules
Carolina
louiseh
Keela
Eve
it's me again
Colonel Fabien
quickfingers
Judge Dread
macy
Alpine Aster
ali1966
weissnicht
fishie
Christine
curious george
Arguida
MilkyWay
stellarose
oversoon
Jem
Susan
RIORITA
snowflake
nostra
oliver
tanszi
steve1295
suzyone
frencheuropean
Justiceforallkids
60 posters

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Go down

Amaral V McCann trial - Page 20 Empty Re: Amaral V McCann trial

Post  kitti Fri 11 Dec - 11:26

The court order also banned Mr Amaral from repeating his claims about Madeleine or her parents. But in court today the detective, -------who resigned after he was found guilty of professional misconduct in relation to a separate child abduction case------, intends to deny vigorously the McCanns claims of ­defamation

BLATANT LIE................
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :
Amaral V McCann trial - Page 20 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Amaral V McCann trial - Page 20 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilemor Fri 11 Dec - 11:30

chrissie wrote:With respect, some schools were closed:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/may/05/swine-flu-schools-close

Not here in Germany.
The school can decide what to do, there are no rules.
And the schools of my children would stay open in case of an infection with the new virus.
Months ago, yes, they would have closed.
But not any longer.
It is dangerous when you have a child with asthma...
Lilemor
Lilemor
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1149
Warning :
Amaral V McCann trial - Page 20 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Amaral V McCann trial - Page 20 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  jypsybear Fri 11 Dec - 11:45

Theirs a million pound in damages to fight for , that is why Gerry looks so confident to me . And ill bet they get it , with all the legal and government backing!!!!!
jypsybear
jypsybear
Rookie
Rookie

Female
Number of posts : 140
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-11-11

Back to top Go down

Post  jypsybear Fri 11 Dec - 11:46

They do not need the Public at all , they know it too!!!
jypsybear
jypsybear
Rookie
Rookie

Female
Number of posts : 140
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-11-11

Back to top Go down

Post  hobnob Fri 11 Dec - 19:25

from the PCC

Dear xxxxx

Thank you for your email

Your complaint will now be assessed as to whether it requires investigation under the Code. If this appears to be the case we will ask the editor to deal with your complaint. A copy of the Code of Practice which all newspapers and magazines who subscribe adhere to, can be accessed using this web link: http://www.pcc.org.uk/cop/practice.html

Our aim is to resolve all complaints that raise a possible breach of the Code amicably and quickly. It might be useful if I therefore set out a number of points about our procedures.

- As part of a full and fair investigation we must ensure that each party to a complaint is able to see and comment upon what the other has to say.

- The Commission has a commitment to deal with all complaints as speedily as possible. It expects both complainants and newspapers – and their representatives, legal or otherwise – to cooperate with that commitment. Any unreasonable delay on either side may be taken into account by the Commission.

- We will usually send a copy of each letter of complaint to the editor even if the complaint does not raise a breach of the Code. It is important that editors are aware of criticisms of their publications. Similarly, any substantive decision made by the Commission under the terms of the Code will be sent to the editor.

- The Commission is not able to deal with all complaints. Some of the circumstances in which we may not be able to pursue a complaint are set out on our website.

- It is possible that the Commission may find that your complaint does not amount to a breach of the Code. If this is the case we will explain to you why the Commission took this decision.

- If, at the end of the process, you are dissatisfied with the manner in which your complaint has been handled, you should write within one month to the independent Charter Commissioner who will investigate the matter and report any findings and recommendations to the Commission. Further details are included on our website.

Further information about the complaints process can be accessed using this web link: http://www.pcc.org.uk/complaints/process.html

Information about our service commitments to complainants can be accessed using this web link: http://www.pcc.org.uk/complaint/charter.html.

Further information about the PCC can be found on our website www.pcc.org.uk .

Do not hesitate to contact us if you need further advice. When you write to us, please quote our reference number on this email.

Yours sincerely

Simon Yip

I have replied back

sir

How can i be a third party when the article gives us the public the impression that the persons involved ie kate and gerry mccann have been cleared of any wrongdoing or involvement in the disappearance of their daughter?
The only way they can be cleared of any involvement or wrongdoing is by a judge and/or jury depending where the trial is held and only after being charged and then tried in a court of law which we all know has not happened.
The mccanns are not going to claim that the article is misleading because it is in their favor that the impression is given that they are innocent of all charges whereupon they can then continue to merrily sue anyone who disagrees with their version of the events of that night and stamp out any dissention or opinions to the contrary.
The public is being mislead by the statements innocent and cleared when all that has happened is their status as arguidos has been lifted.
The newspaper article does not give that impression nor mention the fact that only their arguido status has been lifted.
Other papers are printing that only their arguido status has been lifted which is the truth and therefore i have no complaint with that.
The PCC is there to make sure that the media prints the truth and not misleading articles or statements and I am sure that claiming someone has been cleared of any wrongdoing when they have not had a trial in a court of law (not a civil suit) is misleading to say the least.
The mccanns regularly plead for donations to help find their daughter and i feel that by printing the statements "cleared of any wrong doing" and so on will lead the public to donate funds in the belief that the parents have been legally cleared of a crime.
The public may well think twice about donating if they understood that the parents have not been cleared by a court of law but could still face charges in the future including that of child neglect (something to which they have freely and publicly admitted to when admitting to leaving their 3 toddlers home alone in an apartment whilst they ate and drank with friends 120 yards away)
Since we can be pretty certain that kate and gerry mccann will not disgree with the daily express' article since they benefit both in reputation and financially from it then the public as such is entitled to complain since it is us the reader that is being misled and that makes us a party to the article.
Any reputable journalist worth his salt and having done the most basic of research should be able to tell the difference between having prime suspect status lifted (arguidoship) and being cleared in a court of law.
It appears then that this journalist either is in need of a dictionary and a quick chat on the law or else he is trying to bias the public in favor of the mccanns in which case he needs to make it clear to the public that his articles are biased and people can then use their own judgement with regard to the current situation regarding the mccanns and in particular Madeleine

regards

xxxxxx
hobnob
hobnob
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 431
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilemor Fri 11 Dec - 19:43

WHAT IF?
What If the McCanns ARE innocent (I really don´t believe it).
That would be a big big tragedy.
And it should end as soon as possible.
For the twins.

I hope that in court there will be a close look/examination regarding what is the truth.
The truth MUST out!
It just MUST.

I clearly see the need to have a very close look at Dr. Amarals book AND - MORE IMPORTANT - the files.
It is really time to do that.
Also there is the need to present the evidence which clearly points to an abduction scenario.

And I hope the dogs will be an important theme.
Two top dogs = same places = ???? (nothing?)

Now the judge has the opportunity to "push the case".
Lilemor
Lilemor
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1149
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Dimsie Fri 11 Dec - 19:47

hobnob wrote:Their early interviews say a lot more than they think which is probably why we now have to hear the whine of their pink spokespoodle rather than the whine of kate and gerry. neither of them can be trusted not to open mouth and insert foot and even the dumbest member of the public winces when you see them painfully mangle their way through simple sentences.
Oh, their many earlier interviews say a lot about a lot of things, many of which haven't seen the light of day since they were first aired. Thank goodness many people had the foresight to save many of these interesting utterances and can air them whenever they want. After all, there can be no threats of libel when quoting the McCanns', their relatives' or dear Clarence's own words. When I get time I must get down to reading through some of the stuff I've saved; it means taking the hard drive out of my old Macbook though, so I'll have to wait until I've time which won't be until after Christmas.

Lilemor - totally agree. For everyone's sake the case needs to be reopened and all theories, evidence, etc. re-examined. Hopefully this will happen at some point in time; the present publicity can only help as it reminds people there's a child whose fate is as yet unknown and this situation just can't go on. Hopefully 2010 will bring some movement on this.
Dimsie
Dimsie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1476
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  maebee Fri 11 Dec - 22:01

Excellent posts hobnob.
maebee
maebee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 467
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Fri 11 Dec - 22:42

Just watched sky news with k and g getting interviewed...did i hear right what gerry said....'anybody that steps out off line bla blah'...who the hell does he think he is!!!

AND WAS THAT JEERING I HEARD lol...couldnt quite hear k and g when they were talking....oh dear...not the welcome they thought they would get.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Amaral V McCann trial - Page 20 Empty Is The Mercury Losing Interest?

Post  malena stool Sat 12 Dec - 14:18

Not on internet

Leicester Mercury Dec 12 2009

McCanns fly to Lisbon but libel trial is put off.

Kate and Gerry McCann travelled to Portugal for the libel trial of a Portuguese policeman only for the case to be put off.

The couple flew to Lisbon for the opening of Goncarlo Amaral's libel trial in the capital. But the judge ordered a postponement until January 12 after Amaral's lawyer failed to turn up for health reasons according to a court clerk.

The McCanns of Rothley told reporters outside the court they were not disappointed by the delay because a hard fought injunction on further sale or publication of the book remains in place.

"Freedom of speech should not include distortion of the truth, lies, fabrication and slander," Mrs. McCann said.

Mr. McCann added " The key thing here is we are here to fight for our daughter and if anyone steps over the lines then they should be prepared to defend what they say in court".

He said the book had "damaged" the search for Madeleine because it encouraged people to believe she was dead.

"If people read it and believe she is dead they will not keep looking for her and may not come forward with information they may have." he added.

Mr Amaral defended his right to give his opinion, telling waiting press as he left the court, " There is freedom of expression in Portugal".

Madeleine was nearly four when she went missing from her family's holiday apartment in Prais da Luz on May 3 2007, while her parents dined with friends nearby.

Despite a massive police investigation and publicity worldwide she has not been found.

Unquote.

This item is at the bottom of Page 5 in this evenings Leicester Mercury underneath a review of a Leicester Christmas show.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Amaral V McCann trial - Page 20 Empty Is The Mercury Losing Interest?

Post  Catalina Sat 12 Dec - 15:22

Interesting that they're not giving it more prominence. Some nationals seem to have relegated the McCanns to a position of minor importance, too. Not Sky News, though! Have you noticed that the wording of these reports are all amazingly similar? I know they are all dealing with the same facts and using the same quotes, but even so if somebody writes a fresh article it always has a different ring to it. I suspect that many of these 'reports' are actually just based on a McCann press release, and that shows a definite lessening of interest.
Catalina
Catalina
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 84
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Sat 12 Dec - 15:25

How come we are allowed to hear the truth according to McCann but not the truth according to Amaral. If one side is gagged then so should the other be. No more suspects paraded forth and fingers of suspicion pointed. Justice should be a two way process.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Sat 12 Dec - 16:16

MaryB wrote:How come we are allowed to hear the truth according to McCann but not the truth according to Amaral. If one side is gagged then so should the other be. No more suspects paraded forth and fingers of suspicion pointed. Justice should be a two way process.
Hopefully MaryB, once Brown has been voted out of office the corrupt system that seems to have developed under New Labour will be replaced by a more fairer system of law, justice and reporting. (I did say hopefully.)
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  ann_chovey Sat 12 Dec - 16:28

Desperate not to mention Amaral I'd say or give the book publicity. Folk might put it on their pressie list. Amaral V McCann trial - Page 20 25346 Christmas, a good time to bury bad (local) news?
ann_chovey
ann_chovey
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2529
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20