Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amaral V McCann trial

+56
kitti
maebee
Dimsie
Lilemor
hobnob
jypsybear
jay2001
T4two
pipstar1
welshy
saloongirl
fred
Kazlux
Annabel
lynn
MJH1901
nanadebbie
sans_souci
wjk
krissie
Alfiefinn
deborah
Claudia79
keepingmum
duncanmac
fedrules
Carolina
louiseh
Keela
Eve
it's me again
Colonel Fabien
quickfingers
Judge Dread
macy
Alpine Aster
ali1966
weissnicht
fishie
Christine
curious george
Arguida
MilkyWay
stellarose
oversoon
Jem
Susan
RIORITA
snowflake
nostra
oliver
tanszi
steve1295
suzyone
frencheuropean
Justiceforallkids
60 posters

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Go down

Amaral V McCann trial - Page 4 Empty Re: Amaral V McCann trial

Post  T4two Wed 2 Dec - 14:04

Interesting that the McCann spin machine is in overdrive to convince everyone that they are so anxious to face Amaral in court. Why comment at all? Why try to convince anyone through the press? What purpose does it serve? IMO it's the same old story of, "Look at us, we wouldn't be doing this unless we were innocent." IMO the last thing they want is to face Amaral in court, hence the 'escape' route by the family friend quasi saying that they want to but it may not be necessary. Confronting the McCanns in a court where they will be under oath is what Dr. Amaral has been working for since retiring from the police force. It would be a refreshing turn of events to actually see it but bearing in mind that the same political and judicial forces who have consistently backed the McCanns and who were instrumental in depriving Amaral of his basic rights under the Portuguese constitution are still in place, it would be pretty optimistic to put any money on it happening. I wonder what the McCanns' 'get-out' strategy will be?
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Warning :
Amaral V McCann trial - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Amaral V McCann trial - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 2 Dec - 15:04

I wonder if Mitchell is going with them ?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Wed 2 Dec - 15:51

Laffin Assasin wrote:I wonder if Mitchell is going with them ?

Course he will, they won't go without him.

"Kate and Gerry, regretfully are here in Portugal on this sad occassion, but they feel that after their terrible ordeal, which was heightened by Amaral telling the world that Madeline is dead. Kate has bravely come on this tortourous journey as she wants to see justice for her lovely Madeleine" (or some other shite he'll be spouting!) Amaral V McCann trial - Page 4 294124
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :
Amaral V McCann trial - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Amaral V McCann trial - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  steve1295 Wed 2 Dec - 16:14

I cant wait to hear what goes on.
steve1295
steve1295
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 567
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Wed 2 Dec - 16:27

I find it strange LA, that Mitchell hasn't been spinning his lies on TV drumming up support for the poor grief stricken parents who will never give up the search for their dear Madeleine whatever the cost.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Wed 2 Dec - 16:45

It was all over the internet so someone had to say something to the press. will this be a forerunner to the Christmas plea. I ve just read that and it sounds sarcastic, i dont mean to, just cant think of anyother way to put it. Amaral V McCann trial - Page 4 29204
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Wed 2 Dec - 16:49

hiya T4 and thanks for explaining that so clearly because my question was going to be "Why is Snr Amaral on trial".
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  fishie Wed 2 Dec - 16:52

I'm sure you're right Tanzi,the Christmas plea to refill the begging buckets will be so much more poignant with this news of the poor parents having to to attend court over the so called lies of the pesky ex policeman.

Amaral V McCann trial - Page 4 Smiley
fishie
fishie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1140
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

http://thepjfiles.prophpbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilemor Wed 2 Dec - 17:04

Perhaps WE will learn something new on 11.12.09???
Lilemor
Lilemor
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1149
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 2 Dec - 17:08

It would be just as accurate to say "McCANNS FACE LIBEL TRIAL".
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  sans_souci Wed 2 Dec - 17:15

Although the libel laws in Portugal are rather less plaintiff friendly than those of the UK, it is still the case that the McCanns instigated this trial, and they are the plaintiffs. Amaral is the defendant and in order to win his case, have the injunction lifted and access to the profits he has made from the book, documdrama etc, he will need to put up a defence to the libel writ.

Those who fondly imagine that Amaral and his team will be able to cross examine the McCanns, perry mason style, may be in for a bit of a disappointment. But as ever, we shall see.
sans_souci
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 689
Warning :
Amaral V McCann trial - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100Amaral V McCann trial - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 2 Dec - 17:20

sans_souci wrote:Although the libel laws in Portugal are rather less plaintiff friendly than those of the UK, it is still the case that the McCanns instigated this trial, and they are the plaintiffs. Amaral is the defendant and in order to win his case, have the injunction lifted and access to the profits he has made from the book, documdrama etc, he will need to put up a defence to the libel writ.

Those who fondly imagine that Amaral and his team will be able to cross examine the McCanns, perry mason style, may be in for a bit of a disappointment. But as ever, we shall see.

You'd think the McCanns would be gagging to get into the Witness box to proclaim their total innocence, I would, if I was in their position.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  keepingmum Wed 2 Dec - 17:25

Roll on the 11th.
keepingmum
keepingmum
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 325
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 2 Dec - 17:50

Carolina wrote:I don't want to sound pedantic but I have already stated several times on this site that there is no longer an injunction on the book and the DVD because no court case was filed against the publisher and the producer within the 30 day period stipulated by law. The injunction in force is the one against GA forbidding him from speaking about the case

It is up to the publisher and producer to continue the divulgation of the book and DVD if they wish to do so.

Also, Beattie, the McCanns' lawyer is Isabel Duarte and not Levy.

Hi Carolina, thanks for the info and correcting me........I obviously got the name mixed up with Duarte Levy
the Journalist. Amaral V McCann trial - Page 4 294124
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  oliver Wed 2 Dec - 19:52

please - does anyone know if there will be an open gallery within court on the 11th? i would like to go if so.
i know sometimes there is with high profile cases.......i have been to one at winchester crown court for my studies. Amaral V McCann trial - Page 4 99240
oliver
oliver
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 197
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post  lynn Wed 2 Dec - 20:02

Am waiting with baited breath to hear if Amaral says what he has to say in court now. Hope it is good. If it isn't substantial, the Mcs will walk away winners, maybe.
lynn
lynn
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 928
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpine Aster Wed 2 Dec - 20:50

I bet the pink Bouffant will be going, then I expect we will hear him on Sky saying about poor Gerry and Kate all spun and twisted, worded to make Mr G.A.look bad and not how it really is.
Alpine Aster
Alpine Aster
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1413
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Judge Dread Wed 2 Dec - 20:58

I don't think for one minute they want to go... I think they have to go and there is no way out for them. This is going to get very interesting!
Judge Dread
Judge Dread
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 594
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post  nostra Wed 2 Dec - 21:22

lynn wrote:Am waiting with baited breath to hear if Amaral says what he has to say in court now. Hope it is good. If it isn't substantial, the Mcs will walk away winners, maybe.
Apologies in advance if my question seems a bit obvious but will Amaral have a chance to say anything in court? It would wipe the smirks off their smug money grabbing faces if so. Amaral V McCann trial - Page 4 782309
nostra
nostra

Number of posts : 36
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-11-29

Back to top Go down

Post  snowflake Wed 2 Dec - 23:54

it ill be the first time amaral has ever seen the parents of madeleine.
wonder how he will feel.
snowflake
snowflake
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 825
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 3 Dec - 0:32

oliver wrote:please - does anyone know if there will be an open gallery within court on the 11th? i would like to go if so.
i know sometimes there is with high profile cases.......i have been to one at winchester crown court for my studies. Amaral V McCann trial - Page 4 99240
Of course there is. Trials are open to the public. In fact there will be plenty of comfortable seats but you may have to fight the media people to get one.
No pictures, filming or sound recording is allowed inside the court room though, but you can take notes.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 3 Dec - 0:36

snowflake wrote:it ill be the first time amaral has ever seen the parents of madeleine.
wonder how he will feel.
Do you really believe that?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 3 Dec - 1:41

good luck to dr amaral
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  fedrules Thu 3 Dec - 6:39

Well, at least the Sun repeated Mr Amaral's theory, which means the public are being reminded that the abduction is not the only explanation of what happened to Madeleine McCann.
Wonder if they will also be making a trip to P. da L??
fedrules
fedrules
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1282
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post  fedrules Thu 3 Dec - 6:44

So Mr Amaral was instrumental in naming the McCanns 'arguidos'..I thought the evidence was the cause. Mr Amaral merely reacted to the dogs' alerts and the troubling Smith family sighting of 'McCann' with 'Maddie' in his arms. It was his duty to name them arguidos, given the circumstantial evidence against them..
fedrules
fedrules
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1282
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next