Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sara Payne - child campaigner - battles for life

+21
wjk
renoir
Susan
Alpine Aster
malena stool
welshy
lea
the one and only big_l
buildersbum
duncanmac
tanszi
nanadebbie
Lioned
Alfiefinn
Dimsie
Eve
dazedandconfused
RIORITA
tabs
keepingmum
snowflake
25 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Sara Payne - child campaigner - battles for life - Page 2 Empty Re: Sara Payne - child campaigner - battles for life

Post  Alfiefinn Wed 30 Dec - 20:51

I so hope she pulls through. It really makes me think dark thoughts about the universe when totally decent people get clobbered again and again by life. Here's hoping that she's well soon.
Alfiefinn
Alfiefinn
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1482
Warning :
Sara Payne - child campaigner - battles for life - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Sara Payne - child campaigner - battles for life - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Sara Payne - child campaigner - battles for life - Page 2 Empty Re: Sara Payne - child campaigner - battles for life

Post  Guest Wed 30 Dec - 22:03

Alfiefinn wrote:I so hope she pulls through. It really makes me think dark thoughts about the universe when totally decent people get clobbered again and again by life. Here's hoping that she's well soon.

I couldn't agree more Alfiefinn. She has been through so much and is really doing some wonderful work...her daughter Sarah would be so proud of her mummy.
I hope she pulls through.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Wed 30 Dec - 22:42

Just about as sad as it gets. xxx
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :
Sara Payne - child campaigner - battles for life - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Sara Payne - child campaigner - battles for life - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Sara Payne - child campaigner - battles for life - Page 2 Empty Sara Payne wakes from coma and begs friends: 'Don't write me off'

Post  nanadebbie Tue 5 Jan - 10:39

Sara Payne wakes from coma and begs friends: 'Don't write me off'

By Anny Shaw
Last updated at 8:34 AM on 05th January 2010

Sara Payne

Seriously ill Sara Payne has woken from her coma

Children's campaigner, Sara Payne, who suffered a relapse from a brain aneurysm before Christmas, has begun to talk again.

Critically ill Mrs Payne, whose eight-year-old daughter Sarah was killed by a convicted paedophile nine years ago, has begged friends: 'Don't write me off yet.'

The 40-year-old almost died after suffering with a rare complication following earlier brain surgery.

But she has woken from her coma and would not settle until her sister promised to continue her work to help victims of child sex abuse.

Fellow campaigner Shy Keenan told The Sun newspaper yesterday: 'Sara is by no means out of the woods yet, but over the last week she has fought like a tiger.

'In just the last few days she was able to string some words together.'

Shy said Sara broke down over being away from her life's work.

'We talked about all the love that is out there for her and how many messages of support I'd been asked to pass on to her,' said Shy.

'Sara started to cry. I asked her why she was crying and she managed two words through her tears, "My work".'

In 2008 Mrs Payne underwent three and a half hours of life-saving surgery to seal the bleeding from an aneurysm - a swollen blood vessel - in her head.

She made a good recovery but was rushed back to St George's Hospital in Tooting, south London, on December 23.

A clip inserted during the operation is understood to have come loose, resulting in bleeding that put her life at risk again.

Doctors had kept her in a coma to boost her chances of recovery.

In the wake of the killing of her daughter, Mrs Payne led a campaign called Sarah's Law to fight for the right of parents to know if paedophiles are living near them.

She was awarded an MBE and made the Government's Victims' Champion.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z0bjVoKIDj

:) xx nanadebbie
nanadebbie
nanadebbie

Number of posts : 42
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 5 Jan - 10:48

What an admirable woman she is Sara Payne - child campaigner - battles for life - Page 2 463742
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Tue 5 Jan - 10:49

Thank you, nannadebbie. The strength of the human spirit shines through Sara Payne. God bless her.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Tue 5 Jan - 11:11

´Best wishes for her.
Did she ever make a public comment about the Mccanns?
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Tue 5 Jan - 13:47

More best wishes for good health and strength in the coming weeks and months. Such a courageous person.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  duncanmac Tue 5 Jan - 13:54

Best wishes to a courageous and loving mother
duncanmac
duncanmac
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 594
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 5 Jan - 14:08

May she regain full health very soon for her own families sake as well as the countless innocent children who are safeguarded by her courageous work.

Glad to hear the news.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  buildersbum Tue 5 Jan - 14:30

Very courageous woman, love and very best wishes for a speedy recovery to Sara x

Last edited by buildersbum on Tue 5 Jan - 18:05; edited 1 time in total
buildersbum
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1628
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post  the one and only big_l Tue 5 Jan - 15:10

thank god that brave woman hasn,t had the insult of a team mccann comment during her fight for life god bless ya and hope all turns out well for you
the one and only big_l
the one and only big_l
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 727
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Tue 5 Jan - 20:10

Get well soon Sara. Sara Payne - child campaigner - battles for life - Page 2 307691
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  lea Tue 5 Jan - 22:09

lovely brave remarkeable woman,get well soon,my heart goes out to you,
get well and think about work later,lots of love xxx
lea
lea
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 640
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post  welshy Wed 6 Jan - 8:23

Get well soon Sara. You are an inspiration. Sara Payne - child campaigner - battles for life - Page 2 307691 Sara Payne - child campaigner - battles for life - Page 2 Icon_flower Sara Payne - child campaigner - battles for life - Page 2 83453
welshy
welshy
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 395
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 7 Jan - 12:54

Movd to Uk News and merged with Sara Payne thread.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 30 Jan - 23:18

By Hayley Barlow, 31/01/2010

'I lay there and wondered if soon I'd be reunited with Sarah'
Abuse campaigner Sara Payne tells of her defiant battle for life after two brain ops

SURROUNDED by get well cards and family photos this is the courageous face of paralysed child abuse crusader Sara Payne as she begins her long road to recovery.

She needed TWO major brain ops in 36 hours after a massive stroke brought on by a brain aneurysm. Relatives gathered at her bedside as she was given just a 50/50 chance of survival.

Now six weeks on, Sara, 40, reveals her deep scars - both physical and emotional - and says: "For a moment as I lay there I wondered if this was the point in my life when Sarah and I would be reunited."

In an emotional interview she tells how she was torn between fighting to stay in this world or slipping away to rejoin her beloved daughter in the next.
Still pale and drained, she recalls: "It's like I had a choice. If I'd seriously wanted to join her then I'd have just given up. But, for whatever reason, I didn't.

"I chose to live. And when you've lost a child that's a hard thing to come to terms with. Because there are times when being with Sarah is all I want - more than breath itself. But right now I have so much to live for.

"So I have to settle for knowing that one day I will meet Sarah again. And when it's my time to go, I'll go.

"But this wasn't that time. I know how close I came to dying and how seriously ill I was. But I try not dwell on that, because I have four amazing children all waiting for me to come home."

Sitting up in her hospital bed, buoyed by the goodwill messages around her, Sara fiddles constantly with her newly cropped hairstyle. "I always said I was going to cut it short when I turned 40, and now seemed as good a time as any," she declares.

"But after so many years of long hair, this is going to take some getting used to. It's a new look for a new chapter in my life - and I love it."

The stroke has left her without movement down her left side. "I know I've got a mountain to climb," says plucky Sara, her speech slightly slurred.

Then, recalling how she first had brain surgery to fix the anuerysm - a swollen blood vessel - back in 2008, she added: "And it's the second mountain in 18 months. Except this time round it feels more like Everest. Plus, I have to deal with the paralysis, which is hard on everyone. But I've done it once and I'm determined I can do it again."

Doctors have told Sara she will need many months of intensive physiotherapy to try and regain the use of her arm and leg. Painfully thin after losing two stones, she knows recovery will be a lengthy process.

Sarah's Law campaigner Sara Payne's moving interview after brain op
"Getting home is my priority but I've got to take it slowly and be patient," she says. "There is some feeling down my left side which is good. But the doctors have faith and know I'm a fighter."

Sara fell ill in the week before Christmas at her home in Hersham, Surrey. She recalls: "We'd all just finished decorating our enormous Christmas tree in the lounge. I went upstairs as I had a bad headache.

"My partner immediately recognised the signs of a stroke from the 'Act Fast' TV ads and sent for an ambulance because my arm and face had drooped.

"Doctors said his quick-thinking probably saved my life. When the local Chertsey hospital transferred me to the neurological unit at St George's in Tooting I realised it was serious - because that's where I had the original surgery.

"At that point I became very, very scared. Before the operation I said to my partner, 'I can't go through all this again'. I know that worried the family because they thought I was giving up, which isn't like me at all."

It was one more drama to pile the pressure on this remarkable woman who won the nation's heart with her astonishing show of dignity and courage following the abduction and murder of her eight-year-old daughter Sarah by convicted paedophile Roy Whiting in July 2000.

Appointed the Government's independent Victims Champion last year, Sara has campaigned tirelessly for Sarah's Law - a range of measures to make Britain safer for children. And she remains as upbeat as ever.

Of her personal tragedies, she says: "Yes life has been tough, but I don't think its been tougher than anyone else's life. I guess our family has just been a bit unlucky recently.

"Sometimes in life, you don't have a choice, so you just get on with it. I'll be fine, I'll get there eventually.

Sara Payne - child campaigner - battles for life - Page 2 83453
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Sun 31 Jan - 10:17

Get well soon Sara. You CAN do it. Sara Payne - child campaigner - battles for life - Page 2 944533
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Sara Payne - child campaigner - battles for life - Page 2 Empty Campaigner Sara Payne Paralysed by stroke

Post  Guest Sun 31 Jan - 11:57

11:29am UK, Sunday January 31, 2010
Rob Cole, Sky News Online
Sara Payne has been left paralysed down the left side of her body after suffering a stroke brought on by a brain aneurysm.

To view this content you need Flash and Javascript enabled in your browser.
Please download Flash from the Adobe download website.
The mother of murdered schoolgirl Sarah Payne was told she had just a 50-50 chance of survival.
She was taken to St George's Hospital in Tooting, south London, with the life threatening condition shortly before Christmas.
Speaking for the first time about her brush with death, the child protection campaigner said she was a "fighter" but had a "long road" to recover.
She told the News of the World: "I've got to take it slowly and be patient.
"The doctors have faith in me and know I'm a fighter.
"But I'm under no illusion - I've months of tough physio to get through and there's a long road ahead.
The doctors have faith in me and know I'm a fighter.
Child protection campaigner Sara Payne
"Rehab is the key to my getting better, to my getting home and getting home is my top priority."
Mrs Payne, 40, from Surrey, survived two major brain operations in 36 hours.
She first had surgery to treat the ruptured aneurysm in 2008.
Since the death of her eight-year-old daughter Sarah at the hands of paedophile Roy Whiting in 2000, she has become a prominent campaigner for victims' rights.
She took up the Government-appointed post of Victims' Champion at the end of January last year.
Mrs Payne launched a high-profile campaign for "Sarah's Law" after her daughter's murder, giving parents the right to know if paedophiles live near them.
A limited form of the law, based on America's Megan's Law, was announced in February 2008.
She was given an MBE in the 2008 New Year Honours List for her tireless work to keep children safe from paedophiles.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 31 Jan - 11:59

I know this isn't the right section to put this in but she has done so much for childrens rights. Get well soon
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Sun 31 Jan - 12:01

This is damn WRONG.

Get well Sara and god bless xxxx
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 31 Jan - 13:21

Get Well Soon Sarah. God Bless xx
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpine Aster Sun 31 Jan - 13:52

Get well soon Sara x x.
Alpine Aster
Alpine Aster
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1413
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Susan Sun 31 Jan - 15:51

Has she been taken ill again?? I thought she'd recovered! Sara Payne - child campaigner - battles for life - Page 2 29204

Edit:
2 brain op's the poor woman!!!

https://missingmadeleine.forumotion.net/uk-news-f29/sara-payne-child-campaigner-battles-for-life-t6978-30.htm?highlight=payne
Susan
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 11477
Location : Spain. The place where children are welcome in tapas bars
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-21

https://missingmadeleine.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 31 Jan - 16:00

Ambersuz wrote:Has she been taken ill again?? I thought she'd recovered! Sara Payne - child campaigner - battles for life - Page 2 29204

Edit:
2 brain op's the poor woman!!!

https://missingmadeleine.forumotion.net/uk-news-f29/sara-payne-child-campaigner-battles-for-life-t6978-30.htm?highlight=payne

It sounds, from here, that she didn't recover fully from her pre-christmas episode. It's not clear if the stroke resulted from ongoing problems with the aneurysm clip, or if a separate aneurysm has ruptured:

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/119859/Sara-s-op-battle/

The mother of murdered schoolgirl Sarah Payne has been in hospital in Tooting, south London since before Christmas.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next