Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An appeal from Wikipedia founder, Jimmy Wales

Go down

An appeal from Wikipedia founder, Jimmy Wales Empty An appeal from Wikipedia founder, Jimmy Wales

Post  Guest Sat 2 Jan - 22:21

An appeal from Wikipedia founder, Jimmy Wales

Update: As of December 31, 2009, we have reached our campaign goal of 7.5 million USD. Thank you to all who have donated! Your continued donations will support Wikimedia's long-term operations and growth, cover contingencies, and allow us to fund new projects and activities.
Today, I am asking you to make a donation to support Wikipedia.

I started Wikipedia in 2001, and over the past eight years, I've been amazed and humbled to see hundreds of thousands of volunteers join with me to build the largest encyclopedia in human history.

Wikipedia isn't a commercial website. It's a community creation, entirely written and funded by people like you. More than 340 million people use Wikipedia every month - almost a third of the Internet-connected world. You are part of our community.

I believe in us. I believe that Wikipedia keeps getting better. That's the whole idea. One person writes something, somebody improves it a little, and it keeps getting better, over time. If you find it useful today, imagine how much we can achieve together in 5, 10, 20 years.

Wikipedia is about the power of people like us to do extraordinary things. People like us write Wikipedia, one word at a time. People like us fund it. It's proof of our collective potential to change the world.

We need to protect the space where this important work happens. We need to protect Wikipedia. We want to keep it free of charge and free of advertising. We want to keep it open – you can use the information in Wikipedia any way you want. We want to keep it growing – spreading knowledge everywhere, and inviting participation from everyone.

The Wikimedia Foundation is the non-profit organization I created in 2003 to operate, grow, nurture, and protect Wikipedia. For ten million US dollars a year and with a staff of fewer than 35 people, it runs the fifth most-read website in the entire world. I'm asking for your help so we can continue our work.

Imagine a world in which every single person on the planet has free access to the sum of all human knowledge. That’s where we’re headed. And with your help, we will get there.

Thank you for using Wikipedia. You're part of this story: please make a donation today.

Jimmy Wales

Founder, Wikipedia
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please visit any page on Wikipedia to make a donation..
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

An appeal from Wikipedia founder, Jimmy Wales Empty Re: An appeal from Wikipedia founder, Jimmy Wales

Post  Guest Sun 3 Jan - 10:12

He's made 7.5M and needs more? Is he related to the McCanns An appeal from Wikipedia founder, Jimmy Wales 294124
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

An appeal from Wikipedia founder, Jimmy Wales Empty Re: An appeal from Wikipedia founder, Jimmy Wales

Post  Guest Sun 3 Jan - 14:49

Dogwood wrote:He's made 7.5M and needs more? Is he related to the McCanns An appeal from Wikipedia founder, Jimmy Wales 294124

An appeal from Wikipedia founder, Jimmy Wales 294124 I don't know Dogwood, it would seem so!
I actually wondered why he needed so much actually..?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down