Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE HEARINGS TO BE HELD BEHIND CLOSED DOORS

+23
T4two
Dimsie
Faithlilly
4timesanan
ann_chovey
malena stool
Eve
Justiceforallkids
Keela
Carolina
louiseh
jozi
sans_souci
FSoares
MJH1901
Lioned
lea
tabs
Susan
MaryB
buildersbum
Judge Dread
steve1295
27 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

THE HEARINGS TO BE HELD BEHIND CLOSED DOORS - Page 5 Empty Re: THE HEARINGS TO BE HELD BEHIND CLOSED DOORS

Post  Guest Fri 8 Jan - 19:45

Yes, a face like a skelped arse, that's quite an apt description. As is, "a face that would stop a clock". But my late Mum, G*d rest her, would have described their foreign holidays and big house as "aw fur coat and nae knickers".
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

THE HEARINGS TO BE HELD BEHIND CLOSED DOORS - Page 5 Empty Re: THE HEARINGS TO BE HELD BEHIND CLOSED DOORS

Post  Guest Fri 8 Jan - 19:48

ann_chovey wrote:
Beattie wrote:THE HEARINGS TO BE HELD BEHIND CLOSED DOORS - Page 5 306321 Ann_Chovey

Our Family didn"t have" two ha"pennies to rub together" as my dear departed Mother would say, but I had
a happy childhood and Mums didn"t work in those days so there was more Family life if you know what I mean.

I do indeed......I would sit colouring in while Mum peeled spuds and we listened together to Mrs Dale's Diary (she was always worried about Jim)!
and Music While you Work. I'm not that old but I remember it so well. Poor Maddie, she never stood a chance, she would have been happy with our kind of childhood I think, no creche, no kids clubs and no foreign holidays.

I just thought of something funny. One of my Sisters, 4 years younger that me was not very academic and my
Father used to try to educate her by reading Articles from the Paper and asking her what certain sentences
meant. One day he read out "a Native of Wales" and asked her what it meant, she said " a coloured Man." THE HEARINGS TO BE HELD BEHIND CLOSED DOORS - Page 5 294124
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 8 Jan - 19:52

This is becoming a thread which brings back memories - some very recent - like the encounter last weekend in a Glasgow coffee shop with a local whose accent was so overwhelming I understood not a single word of his side of our lengthy conversation even needing the girl behind the counter to tell me that he had let me in front of him in the queue.

I also am reminded of my childhood and the Sunday evenings when the family gathered round the radio for Sing Something Simple. I suppose I was lucky that even back in the days when it was unusual we did have foreign holidays every year but that simply meant more time with parents - not less.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Fri 8 Jan - 20:04

jjp wrote:This is becoming a thread which brings back memories - some very recent - like the encounter last weekend in a Glasgow coffee shop with a local whose accent was so overwhelming I understood not a single word of his side of our lengthy conversation even needing the girl behind the counter to tell me that he had let me in front of him in the queue.

I also am reminded of my childhood and the Sunday evenings when the family gathered round the radio for Sing Something Simple. I suppose I was lucky that even back in the days when it was unusual we did have foreign holidays every year but that simply meant more time with parents - not less.

Sing Something Simple always reminds me of my grandmother's house. We used to go over there on Sunday mornings, go to the church up the hill, have lunch and then us kids would go to Sunday school. We'd have tea and the start of Sing Something Simple was the signal to get our coats on to go home!
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :
THE HEARINGS TO BE HELD BEHIND CLOSED DOORS - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100THE HEARINGS TO BE HELD BEHIND CLOSED DOORS - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 8 Jan - 20:10

jjp wrote:This is becoming a thread which brings back memories - some very recent - like the encounter last weekend in a Glasgow coffee shop with a local whose accent was so overwhelming I understood not a single word of his side of our lengthy conversation even needing the girl behind the counter to tell me that he had let me in front of him in the queue.

I think we have exhausted the McCann threads so it"s nice to share some memories. On Monday nights the whole Family used to gather around the Black and White Telly to watch Wagon Train and I used to listen to
Valentine Dyall , the Man in Black , on the Radio with my Dad. This one story, "the Hands of Nakamin" terrified
me, it was about three Archeologists who excavated a Tomb containing a Queen. Her rings were buried with her
and were stolen by the Acheologists. On their return to the U.K. they all met horrible deaths by the hands.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Alfiefinn Fri 8 Jan - 20:11

On a Sunday, we listened to (I think) Family Favourites and my mum entertained us by singing along to everything (though she generally only knew maybe two thirds of the words - bless!). Marvellous (and hysterically funny) entertainment and I always think of the smell of roasting beef and yorkshire puds when I remember that. Happy days...

Actually, my gran was famous in our family for her verbal faux pas - she once advised us happily that she and all her choral group would be be wearing Durex dresses at their next concert (we hoped she meant lurex, but you never know) THE HEARINGS TO BE HELD BEHIND CLOSED DOORS - Page 5 23324
Alfiefinn
Alfiefinn
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1482
Warning :
THE HEARINGS TO BE HELD BEHIND CLOSED DOORS - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100THE HEARINGS TO BE HELD BEHIND CLOSED DOORS - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Fri 8 Jan - 20:17

Alfiefinn wrote:On a Sunday, we listened to (I think) Family Favourites and my mum entertained us by singing along to everything (though she generally only knew maybe two thirds of the words - bless!). Marvellous (and hysterically funny) entertainment and I always think of the smell of roasting beef and yorkshire puds when I remember that. Happy days...

Actually, my gran was famous in our family for her verbal faux pas - she once advised us happily that she and all her choral group would be be wearing Durex dresses at their next concert (we hoped she meant lurex, but you never know) THE HEARINGS TO BE HELD BEHIND CLOSED DOORS - Page 5 23324

My granny used to buy "cartoons," of milk and she watched "Dr Findleys Scrapbook."
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 8 Jan - 20:31

But Anna, does your granny or mom know Granny McCann, mother to the erm chap with narcissistic personality disorder?

Please tell!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Fri 8 Jan - 21:17

viv wrote:But Anna, does your granny or mom know Granny McCann, mother to the erm chap with narcissistic personality disorder?

Please tell!

No. Both no longer with us, I'm afraid, and I have asked family in Coatbridge, especially those who are fitness fanatics or professional sportsmen, if they ever went to the running club that Gerry used. Nobody did.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 8 Jan - 21:37

Hiya and sorry that was an insensitive question THE HEARINGS TO BE HELD BEHIND CLOSED DOORS - Page 5 Icon_flower

What a downer no one knows this man!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Fri 8 Jan - 21:42

viv wrote:Hiya and sorry that was an insensitive question THE HEARINGS TO BE HELD BEHIND CLOSED DOORS - Page 5 Icon_flower

It wasn't insensitive viv. Not at all, but thank you for your kind thoughts. THE HEARINGS TO BE HELD BEHIND CLOSED DOORS - Page 5 Icon_flower
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Alfiefinn Fri 8 Jan - 21:44

viv, I think maybe plenty of people know him - it's just at this time they are unwilling/unable (take your pick THE HEARINGS TO BE HELD BEHIND CLOSED DOORS - Page 5 25346 ) to say what they know. But soon, who knows......
Alfiefinn
Alfiefinn
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 8 Jan - 21:47

Hiya both

I am banking on lots of people knowing him and being prepared to tell a British court all about it. After all, I am sure there is a limit to how many people the McCanns, ahem, private investigators managed to pay and bully to only tell a McCanned version of events
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  4timesanan Fri 8 Jan - 22:00

jjp

sing something simple..you have struck a chord there ..i often think about those sundays when we listened to the show..i learned the words to lots of songs and still remember them..the 'mike samms singers'
4timesanan
4timesanan
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 548
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Fri 8 Jan - 22:06

4timesanan wrote:jjp

sing something simple..you have struck a chord there ..i often think about those sundays when we listened to the show..i learned the words to lots of songs and still remember them..the 'mike samms singers'

My granny particularly loved one that started...yellow bird up high in banana tree...
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  4timesanan Fri 8 Jan - 22:11

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ntd4WPbll0k

i have real tears in my eyes now, suddenly i'm on my mothers knee,, i miss her so much she passed away age only 55
4timesanan
4timesanan
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 548
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Alfiefinn Fri 8 Jan - 22:13

Anna, ah, but have you heard "Yellow Bird" sung in Welsh by a choir of six year olds? - enchanting THE HEARINGS TO BE HELD BEHIND CLOSED DOORS - Page 5 25346

4times, sorry to hear that, no matter how long it's been, it still grips you THE HEARINGS TO BE HELD BEHIND CLOSED DOORS - Page 5 Icon_flower
Alfiefinn
Alfiefinn
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Fri 8 Jan - 22:20

Alfiefinn wrote:Anna, ah, but have you heard "Yellow Bird" sung in Welsh by a choir of six year olds? - enchanting THE HEARINGS TO BE HELD BEHIND CLOSED DOORS - Page 5 25346

4times, sorry to hear that, no matter how long it's been, it still grips you THE HEARINGS TO BE HELD BEHIND CLOSED DOORS - Page 5 Icon_flower

I haven't heard that. Will see if I can find it.

As for my granny, she died quite a few years ago and I still miss her.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Fri 8 Jan - 22:23

4timesanan wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ntd4WPbll0k

i have real tears in my eyes now, suddenly i'm on my mothers knee,, i miss her so much she passed away age only 55

Thank you 4timesanan. That just brought back Sunday evenings at my granny's house listening to the radio.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 8 Jan - 22:51

viv wrote:Hiya and sorry that was an insensitive question THE HEARINGS TO BE HELD BEHIND CLOSED DOORS - Page 5 Icon_flower

A couple of years ago, not long after Madeleine went missing I travelled by Coach to Heathrow Airport and got
chatting to the Lady sitting next to me. It turned out she is a Cardiologist and had met Gerry McCann at a few
Seminars. I asked what she thought of Madeleine"s disappearance and she was adamant that the parents had nothing to do with it. Also, she said Gerry was very friendly and was popular.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Faithlilly Fri 8 Jan - 23:52

AnnaEsse wrote:
Beattie wrote:AnnaEsse

The Mccanns are trying everything to scupper Amaral but I think he will have plenty of help from Portugese
Lawyers to advise him. I wonder just who is advising the McCanns on the Portugese strategy, it should be
Duarte of course but the hand of Carter Ruck might be guiding her.

I want to see the McCanns come out of that court with, as we say in Glasgow, faces like skelped erses!

They obviously think we came up the Clyde in a banana boat Anna THE HEARINGS TO BE HELD BEHIND CLOSED DOORS - Page 5 294124
Faithlilly
Faithlilly
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 283
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 8 Jan - 23:58

Faithlilly wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:

The Mccanns are trying everything to scupper Amaral but I think he will have plenty of help from Portugese
Lawyers to advise him. I wonder just who is advising the McCanns on the Portugese strategy, it should be

I want to see the McCanns come out of that court with, as we say in Glasgow, faces like skelped erses!

They obviously think we came up the Clyde in a banana boat Anna THE HEARINGS TO BE HELD BEHIND CLOSED DOORS - Page 5 294124

Not another b****y Jock.!!!! THE HEARINGS TO BE HELD BEHIND CLOSED DOORS - Page 5 678246
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sat 9 Jan - 0:10

Faithlilly wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:

That was one of my father's favourites!
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 9 Jan - 2:44

4timesanan wrote:jjp

We used to have to listen to JIM REVEES, i hated him with avengence as a child, I love some of his stuff now.

Death before dishonour, say I
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 9 Jan - 2:47

additional for students of love and happiness. !! THE HEARINGS TO BE HELD BEHIND CLOSED DOORS - Page 5 306321 THE HEARINGS TO BE HELD BEHIND CLOSED DOORS - Page 5 23324 THE HEARINGS TO BE HELD BEHIND CLOSED DOORS - Page 5 306321 THE HEARINGS TO BE HELD BEHIND CLOSED DOORS - Page 5 613255 THE HEARINGS TO BE HELD BEHIND CLOSED DOORS - Page 5 291673 THE HEARINGS TO BE HELD BEHIND CLOSED DOORS - Page 5 48510
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next