Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

McCann couple demands books to be fully destroyed

+10
the one and only big_l
ali1966
duncanmac
fedrules
Roasted Arizona
fuzeta
malena stool
Fudge
T4two
fred
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

McCann couple demands books to be fully destroyed Empty McCann couple demands books to be fully destroyed

Post  Guest Sun 10 Jan - 11:50

They must be desperate!!!!!!

McCann couple demands books to be fully destroyed
10 January 2010 | Posted by astro Leave a Comment

Maddie?s parents return to Portugal for lawsuit against Gonçalo Amaral

by Nuno Miguel Maia

The McCann couple requests Portuguese Justice to order the destruction of all copies of the book and the movie that were authored by Gonçalo Amaral, the former PJ coordinator who defends the thesis of Madeleine?s death. The parents return to Portugal this week.

Kate and Gerry McCann will be present the day after tomorrow, at the start of the rial over the injunction that forbids the sale of ?Maddie ? The Truth of the Lie?, at the Civil Court of Lisbon.

Gonçalo Amaral and the editor oppose the continuation of the order that removed the book and the documentary, that defend the thesis of the little English girl?s death and the involvement of her parents in concealing her cadaver, from the market.

This injunction is linked to a main lawsuit in which the McCann couple makes several requests. The main ones include the full destruction of all copies of the book and of the DVD documentary that still exist in warehouses, as well as the prohibition to cede author?s rights or divulgation rights into other countries or on the internet.

If they win the action, the parents of the child that disappeared in Praia da Luz, Lagos, on the 3rd of May 2007, further demand the publication of the final decision in national newspapers, on two consecutive days, in a way to, albeit partially, reconstitute their image.

As well as the prohibition to divulge the thesis of the little girl?s death, the couple asks Gonçalo Amaral and the other defendants in the lawsuit to be condemned to pay 100 thousand euros for every action that goes against the judicial decision.

1.2 million euros

In another lawsuit, Gonçalo Amaral is demanded to pay a compensation of 1.2 million euros. It was under this action that the seizing of all of the former PJ coordinator?s assets was ordered.

Gonçalo Amaral has summoned PJ colleagues that took part in the investigation as witnesses, including Luís Neves, the national director of the heavy crime unit.

Even the Public Ministry prosecutor who archived the process, Magalhães Meneses, was summoned as a witness. This magistrate, together with joint general prosecutor Melchior Gomes, have lamented the English people?s refusal to participate in a reconstitution of the facts. In this way, the McCanns did not manage to ?prove their innocence?.

source: Diário de Notícias, 10.01.2010
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

McCann couple demands books to be fully destroyed Empty Re: McCann couple demands books to be fully destroyed

Post  fred Sun 10 Jan - 11:59

If that does happen, then the world has really gone mad! Will they be going into peoples houses and taking them off their book shelves? I thought the Gestapo had been out voted many years ago, seems I'm wrong.
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :
McCann couple demands books to be fully destroyed Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100McCann couple demands books to be fully destroyed Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

McCann couple demands books to be fully destroyed Empty Re: McCann couple demands books to be fully destroyed

Post  Guest Sun 10 Jan - 12:02

Thanks Beattie.
If they win the action, the parents of the child that disappeared in Praia da Luz, Lagos, on the 3rd of May 2007, further demand the publication of the final decision in national newspapers, on two consecutive days, in a way to, albeit partially, reconstitute their image.

I must admit they're beginning to p*ss me off big time now. McCann couple demands books to be fully destroyed 157799
I don't give a flying fig about the McCanns image and who was doing who and how, - the only thing that matters to me is Madeleine's whereabouts.

Kate, Gerry, your friends and all those who surround you:
Why are you not telling all you know..?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 10 Jan - 12:06

For those who haven't already done so, I suggest you read Ray Bradbury's Fahrenheit 451. McCann couple demands books to be fully destroyed 23324
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 10 Jan - 12:16

hmmm, this horse has left the stable. wonder what the press make of all this. McCann couple demands books to be fully destroyed 303636
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 10 Jan - 12:34

Was talking to an elderly neighbour in the week who is currently unable to get out and about due to the weather. Not on the internet and asked if I had any good books he could borrow. I lent him a couple but think I might have forgotten one.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 10 Jan - 12:52

The Famous Grouse wrote:For those who haven't already done so, I suggest you read Ray Bradbury's Fahrenheit 451. McCann couple demands books to be fully destroyed 23324

Iv"e read a couple of Ray Bradbury"s books, the one about the Aliens coming to visit Earth in their Spaceship
very funny.

Don"t know anything about F451, care to give us a synopsis to save time.? McCann couple demands books to be fully destroyed 294124 McCann couple demands books to be fully destroyed 294124
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 10 Jan - 12:53

Thanks for the post Beattie.

Loved the ending...they didnt manage to prove their innocence because they refused to do the reconstruction. I have said that all along, that no parent in their right mind would refuse to do that. You would have thought that by now they could have all learnt the timeline of events..surely Madeleine had enough books they could have ripped up to write enough copies for the Tapas group to have rehearsed from?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 10 Jan - 13:04

Beattie wrote:
The Famous Grouse wrote:For those who haven't already done so, I suggest you read Ray Bradbury's Fahrenheit 451. McCann couple demands books to be fully destroyed 23324

Iv"e read a couple of Ray Bradbury"s books, the one about the Aliens coming to visit Earth in their Spaceship
very funny.

Don"t know anything about F451, care to give us a synopsis to save time.? McCann couple demands books to be fully destroyed 294124 McCann couple demands books to be fully destroyed 294124

It's set in the future, books are dangerous and every single one is siezed and burned by teams of "firemen". (Houses are all fireproofed now, so firemen start fires, instead of putting them out. The ignition point of paper is Fahrenheit 451.)

Except, there exists an irritating, stubborn wee group of dissidents who have their own ideas (remind you of anyone? McCann couple demands books to be fully destroyed 294124 ) about book burning. Each one memorises a book, word for word, and so the books live on.

The central character is a fireman who suddenly starts to wonder what the hell he's been doing with his life up until now. He eventually goes native and becomes a living book himself.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 10 Jan - 13:20

Thanks FG

In the one I read these two Aliens are travelling in their Spaceship to Earth to meet and become Friends with Earth people. As a token of their respect for Humans, their Spacecraft is full of s**t which is their Planet"s way
of greeting. Their Spaceship lands in a field which is quickly surrounded by Police which had been tracking them.
One of the Policemen opens the door of the Craft and the stench is dreadful so he promptly shoots them dead!!!!!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Sun 10 Jan - 20:20

McCann couple demands books to be fully destroyed Books
The scene on Rothley village square as McCann fanatics go on rampage
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :
McCann couple demands books to be fully destroyed Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100McCann couple demands books to be fully destroyed Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 10 Jan - 20:30

Hi Malena

Very descriptive. McCann couple demands books to be fully destroyed 294124 McCann couple demands books to be fully destroyed 294124
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 10 Jan - 20:31

I do not understand how an action against Goncalo Amaral can compel newspapers to display anything to reconstitute their image and even if they did I fail to see how this would achieve that:

No element of proof was found... as to the circumstances in which the child was taken from the apartment (whether alive, whether dead, whether the victim of negligent homicide or wilful homicide, whether the victim of kidnap-to-order or an opportunistic kidnap). "We can't even make a consistent prognosis of her fate, including... whether she is alive or dead."

All of those offences are what the McCanns themselves were being investigated for! They insist she has been abducted and she is still alive, that is not what it says above! The only way they could know that she is still alive is if they themselves were involved in her abduction and know "the situation Madeleine find herself in".

Last edited by viv on Sun 10 Jan - 20:50; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 10 Jan - 20:50

Yes, I think they will have a hard time convincing the Judges that Madeleine is still alive. On the 1st
Anniversary of Madeleine"s disappearance they visited the set of a BBC programme about Missing Children.
I watched it and among the people they met was a young woman in her twenties whose 3 yr old sister went
missing in a German Supermarket. Despite exhaustive searches by the British Army, the child"s Dad was serving
in the Forces there, the German army and Police etc, the toddler was never found. The young woman believed
one day her little sister would show up yet it was 18 years since she had disappeared.

Had the Fund been managed more wisely there would have been enough money to last a lot longer than it has
and I think they should stop asking for donations for shame"s sake. If they truly think Madeleine is alive,get
rid of Edgar, Clarence etc, sell their House and buy something smaller, Kate return to work and donate what"s
left in the Fund to a proper Charity searching for missing children.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Sun 10 Jan - 20:58

Even the Public Ministry prosecutor who archived the process, Magalhães Meneses, was summoned as a witness. This magistrate, together with joint general prosecutor Melchior Gomes, have lamented the English people?s refusal to participate in a reconstitution of the facts. In this way, the McCanns did not manage to ?prove their innocence?.

Exactly! So the popular theory goes, "if they had participated in a reconstruction then the released documents would show them as absolved from any suspicion". Bit tongue in cheek those prosecutors because the problem the McCanns have is that participation in a reconstruction would probably have confirmed the suspicion that they are involved, which is probably why they did not participate. Bet they thought they were being so clever. Oh dear! Now it looks like a Catch 22 situation Gerry.
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 10 Jan - 20:59

They say they need £400,000 for each of the twins, but let us be clear about this, they have no need of damages for injury to their reputation!

Maybe a reasonable judge would hold that there is an inevitable amount of damage to your reputation when you are investigated by the police for such serious crimes. But I suppose they still does not excuse Goncalo when he was no longer a police officer.

I am a bit concerned about the use of the word summoned in relation to Goncalo's witnesses. Certainly in UK, if you have to ask the court to issue a witness summons you are compelling the attendance of those witnesses, rather than the situation where they are voluntarily prepared to attend and give evidence on your behalf. I hope that is not the situation with Goncalo, because if it is, he cannot be sure they are going to help his case at all.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Fudge Sun 10 Jan - 21:13

Beattie

I don't think Kate will ever return to work as a GP.

I think Kate is now driven to keep their heads above water, survival at all costs for the twins, and their reputations. Imo

I would love to know whether Kate feels guilty for what she has put her parents through, especially her Father who looked very poorly? I doubt she does.

I would also like to know whether Kate & Gerry feel guilty for pretending they are devout catholics? When we know they are not!

Time will tell, but good luck to GA many people are behind you.
Fudge
Fudge
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 500
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Sun 10 Jan - 21:48

Beattie said,

"Had the Fund been managed more wisely there would have been enough money to last a lot longer than it has
and I think they should stop asking for donations for shame"s sake. If they truly think Madeleine is alive,get
rid of Edgar, Clarence etc, sell their House and buy something smaller, Kate return to work and donate what"s
left in the Fund to a proper Charity searching for missing children."

I totally agree Beattie, but they'll never downsize from Rothley Towers or part with their hard earned fund cash. nor is there the slightest sign of shame in either of them. I doubt if Kate would ever be allowed to practice again, she doesn't exude the confidence, ability and compassion required of a medical practitioner and can barely string two coherent words together.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  fuzeta Sun 10 Jan - 22:53

malena stool wrote:
McCann couple demands books to be fully destroyed Books
The scene on Rothley village square as McCann fanatics go on rampage

This is just fantastic McCann couple demands books to be fully destroyed 23324
fuzeta
fuzeta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4231
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 11 Jan - 0:07

malena stool wrote:Beattie said,

"Had the Fund been managed more wisely there would have been enough money to last a lot longer than it has
left in the Fund to a proper Charity searching for missing children."

I totally agree Beattie, but they'll never downsize from Rothley Towers or part with their hard earned fund cash. nor is there the slightest sign of shame in either of them. I doubt if Kate would ever be allowed to practice again, she doesn't exude the confidence, ability and compassion required of a medical practitioner and can barely string two coherent words together.

No, it was err, um ,well, every other word. Then I thought she had been coached for the Amber Alert speech
and now she does speak more confidently, enough to find a job anyway now the twins are in School.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  fedrules Mon 11 Jan - 10:23

fred wrote:If that does happen, then the world has really gone mad! Will they be going into peoples houses and taking them off their book shelves? I thought the Gestapo had been out voted many years ago, seems I'm wrong.
'
It only applies to unsold copies, presumably they have no right to take books people have purchased.
fedrules
fedrules
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1282
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Roasted Arizona Mon 11 Jan - 10:44

Oh. how great it will be if the McCann's lose.....but sadly I fear they will not.
Roasted Arizona
Roasted Arizona
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 719
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  fedrules Mon 11 Jan - 11:00

I also share your pessimism regarding the injunction decision..UNLESS GA really does have more evidence to support his allegations as his lawyer seemed to be implying...

Fudge, why do you say the McCanns are not devout Catholics?
fedrules
fedrules
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1282
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post  duncanmac Mon 11 Jan - 11:18

[Fudge, why do you say the McCanns are not devout Catholics?[/quote]

Mrs Healy her own mother said she was not very religious and could not understand why she asked for a priest on the night of the disappearance
duncanmac
duncanmac
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 594
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  ali1966 Mon 11 Jan - 11:20

Hi Fedrules,

I think fudge may be talking about the interview with Kate's mother, when she said she could not understand why Kate asked for a priest that night as she wasn't particularly religious.
ali1966
ali1966
Reg Member
Reg Member

Female
Number of posts : 203
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next