Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kate and Gerry McCann are to return to Portugal for the start of a libel trial

+17
ali1966
bootsy
Annabel
keepingmum
MaryB
Colonel Fabien
MJH1901
Keela
Carolina
blossom45
tanszi
Eve
fedrules
welshy
ann_chovey
fred
kitti
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Kate and Gerry McCann are to return to Portugal for the start of a libel trial - Page 2 Empty Re: Kate and Gerry McCann are to return to Portugal for the start of a libel trial

Post  Lilemor Mon 11 Jan - 15:06

Lilemor
Lilemor
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1149
Warning :
Kate and Gerry McCann are to return to Portugal for the start of a libel trial - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Kate and Gerry McCann are to return to Portugal for the start of a libel trial - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-13

Back to top Go down

Kate and Gerry McCann are to return to Portugal for the start of a libel trial - Page 2 Empty Re: Kate and Gerry McCann are to return to Portugal for the start of a libel trial

Post  Guest Mon 11 Jan - 15:11

So, the mccanns will be attending amaral's trial. Will they be required to give evidence or are they there merely to sit in the courtroom and spook the poor guy. I would surely be spooked if they were in the same room as me.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  MJH1901 Mon 11 Jan - 15:14

:: Sky News Online will be covering the libel case with line-by-line live updates from inside the courtroom in Portugal.

- thought it was to have been held in camera? not that i'm complaining... will be riveting.
MJH1901
MJH1901
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 696
Location : Scouseland - You don't have to be gullible or corrupt to support the McCanns, but - no sorry that's wrong you DO.
Warning :
Kate and Gerry McCann are to return to Portugal for the start of a libel trial - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Kate and Gerry McCann are to return to Portugal for the start of a libel trial - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post  bootsy Mon 11 Jan - 15:23

Bring on tomorrow,i can't wait.Im gonna be at my computer all day tuned to Sky
bootsy
bootsy
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 258
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Colonel Fabien Mon 11 Jan - 15:28

lnorton wrote:So, the mccanns will be attending amaral's trial. Will they be required to give evidence or are they there merely to sit in the courtroom and spook the poor guy. I would surely be spooked if they were in the same room as me.

I think Gonçalo Amaral is used to facing some pretty spooky criminals.
Colonel Fabien
Colonel Fabien
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 347
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Mon 11 Jan - 15:29

So presumably it will be in Portuguese. So how will the McCanns follow it I wonder. Don't think they are fluent speakers of Portuguese. Not fluent enough to hire a babysitter in any case.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Mon 11 Jan - 15:30

Colonel Fabien wrote:
lnorton wrote:So, the mccanns will be attending amaral's trial. Will they be required to give evidence or are they there merely to sit in the courtroom and spook the poor guy. I would surely be spooked if they were in the same room as me.

I think Gonçalo Amaral is used to facing some pretty spooky criminals.

And some pretty weird, nutty, lawyers!
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 11 Jan - 15:31

MaryB wrote:So presumably it will be in Portuguese. So how will the McCanns follow it I wonder. Don't think they are fluent speakers of Portuguese. Not fluent enough to hire a babysitter in any case.

Didn't they claim they were going to learn a word a day, of Portuguse ??
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Mon 11 Jan - 15:34

Laffin Assasin wrote:
MaryB wrote:So presumably it will be in Portuguese. So how will the McCanns follow it I wonder. Don't think they are fluent speakers of Portuguese. Not fluent enough to hire a babysitter in any case.

Didn't they claim they were going to learn a word a day, of Portuguse ??

How many varieties of wine does Portugal produce?
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Mon 11 Jan - 15:52

I wonder why this trip is private and yet the last one was a 'royal visit'.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  keepingmum Mon 11 Jan - 16:14

Royal visits don't usually get booed.
keepingmum
keepingmum
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 325
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Annabel Mon 11 Jan - 16:26

Last edited by Annabel on Mon 11 Jan - 16:42; edited 1 time in total
Annabel
Annabel
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3528
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  bootsy Mon 11 Jan - 16:37

Who is the little girl in the car seat?Its not Madeleine
bootsy
bootsy
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 258
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-03

Back to top Go down

Post  ali1966 Mon 11 Jan - 16:38

Thats what I thought Bootsy. The little girl in the seat has blue eyes.
ali1966
ali1966
Reg Member
Reg Member

Female
Number of posts : 203
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 11 Jan - 16:42

They obviously used the wrong picture
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  buildersbum Mon 11 Jan - 17:29

Lilemor wrote:http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-News/Madeleine-Kate-And-Gerry-McCann-Return-To-Portugal-For-Libel-Trial-Of-Man-Who-Led-Investigation/Article/201001215518652?lpos=World_News_First_Home_Article_Teaser_Region_6&lid=ARTICLE_15518652_Madeleine%3A_Kate_And_Gerry_McCann_Return_To_Portugal_For_Libel_Trial_Of_Man_Who_Led_Investigation

McCanns Return To Portugal For Libel Case

11:05am UK, Monday January 11, 2010

Neal Walker, Sky News Online
Kate and Gerry McCann will return to Portugal later for the libel trial of the former policeman who led the investigation into their daughter's disappearance.

The McCanns say any damages they are awarded will fund private investigatorsThe couple launched legal action against former Portuguese detective Goncalo Amaral after he published a book questioning their account of what happened to Madeleine.

Mr and Mrs McCann, from Rothley, Leicestershire, will fly to Lisbon today ahead of the three-day trial, which is due to start at the main civil court in the Portuguese capital tomorrow.

The couple plan to attend all the hearings, but do not intend to go back to the Algarve resort where Madeleine vanished more than two-and-a-half years ago.

Family spokesman Clarence Mitchell said: "I can confirm that Kate and Gerry McCann will be returning to Portugal on Monday to attend the resumption of the Amaral trial on Tuesday.

"The details of their travel plans and itinerary will remain private at their request."

Madeleine was nearly four years old when she went missing from her family's holiday apartment in Praia da Luz in the Algarve on May 3, 2007, while her parents dined with friends nearby.

Four months after her disappearance, Mr and Mrs McCann were made 'arguidos', or formal suspects, but this was lifted when the investigation was shelved in July 2008.

Mr Amaral led the investigation in the first six months following Madeleine's disappearance.

But he was taken off the case in October 2007 after criticising the British police in a newspaper interview.

In his book Maddie: The Truth Of The Lie, which was published in July 2008, Mr Amaral claimed that Madeleine was dead, and questioned the McCanns' account that she was abducted.

A Portuguese judge granted an injunction in September last year banning further sale or publication of the book.

The former policeman was also prohibited from repeating his claims about Madeleine or her parents.

The McCanns travelled to Lisbon for the opening of the libel trial in December, but the hearing was adjourned until this week after Mr Amaral's lawyer failed to turn up for health reasons.

The couple have previously said any money awarded in damages by the courts would go towards paying for private investigators to look for their daughter.

:: Sky News Online will be covering the libel case with line-by-line live updates from inside the courtroom in Portugal.

WHY DO THEY NEED TO SPEND MONEY ON PRIVATE INVESTIGATORS WHEN THEY COULD POLITELY ASK THE PJ TO RE-OPEN THE CASE AND START LOOKING FOR MADDY FOR "FREE" THEY WOULD NEED NO FUND!!! Kate and Gerry McCann are to return to Portugal for the start of a libel trial - Page 2 303636
buildersbum
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1628
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post  jay2001 Mon 11 Jan - 17:38

Money laundering? Who knows how much is in that fund anyway. Pity someone in HM Revenue doesn't examine the books. Or do they have Tax Inspectors in their pocket like everyone else in UK 'establishment' seems to be. This is the weirdest case I've ever known and I hope I live long enough to see justice for Madeleine!
jay2001
jay2001
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 403
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 11 Jan - 17:40

Eve wrote:Kate and Gerry McCann are to return to Portugal for the start of a libel trial - Page 2 306321

I wonder if we will ever know the truth of what happen

The short answer is NO, unless Madeleine"s body is found.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Mon 11 Jan - 17:50

Beattie wrote:
Eve wrote:Kate and Gerry McCann are to return to Portugal for the start of a libel trial - Page 2 306321

I wonder if we will ever know the truth of what happen

The short answer is NO, unless Madeleine"s body is found.

I think that unless a bone or two are found on a rubbish tip, the odds on finding a body are pretty low.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilemor Mon 11 Jan - 17:56

Since the McCanns are directors of the fund they can do whatever they want with the donated money ("to find Madeleine"...)

That is a fact.

Kate and Gerry McCann are to return to Portugal for the start of a libel trial - Page 2 182123 Kate and Gerry McCann are to return to Portugal for the start of a libel trial - Page 2 182123

But they did NOT inform the donators about that I assume.
Which seems to be LEGAL...
Lilemor
Lilemor
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1149
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 11 Jan - 18:02

Lilemor wrote:Since the McCanns are directors of the fund they can do whatever they want with the donated money ("to find Madeleine"...)

That is a fact.

Kate and Gerry McCann are to return to Portugal for the start of a libel trial - Page 2 182123 Kate and Gerry McCann are to return to Portugal for the start of a libel trial - Page 2 182123

But they did NOT inform the donators about that I assume.
Which seems to be LEGAL...

Some people take the view that because No Stone Unturned is a Private Company the Directors can do what
they want, but I think they are culpable since it is public donations they are wasting.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2