Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

British Cop invokes state secrets privilege to refuse to testify

+7
mancmum
fedrules
Lilemor
malena stool
suzyone
welshy
Annabel
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

British Cop invokes state secrets privilege to refuse to testify - Page 2 Empty Re: British Cop invokes state secrets privilege to refuse to testify

Post  AnnaEsse Mon 11 Jan - 18:06

it's me again wrote:or is this just another stalling tactic- we all know how long rogatory letters can take don't we?

Hold the process for five months, please, we're waiting to hear from the UK authorities!
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :
British Cop invokes state secrets privilege to refuse to testify - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100British Cop invokes state secrets privilege to refuse to testify - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

British Cop invokes state secrets privilege to refuse to testify - Page 2 Empty Re: British Cop invokes state secrets privilege to refuse to testify

Post  MaryB Mon 11 Jan - 18:15

viv wrote:Well you know you do not need to take my word for it about an ongoing criminal investigation against the McCanns, although god knows I have been banging on about it long enough British Cop invokes state secrets privilege to refuse to testify - Page 2 25346

Do you really think that Public Interest Act letters would be answered saying there was or that LP would set out a schedule of documents and explain why they object to disclosing them, that they intend to bring the offenders to justice if this was all just one big lie?

Well I thought we were told they had been cleared of any wrongdoing. So how can there be an ongoing investigation.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :
British Cop invokes state secrets privilege to refuse to testify - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100British Cop invokes state secrets privilege to refuse to testify - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Mon 11 Jan - 18:16

viv wrote:Well you know you do not need to take my word for it about an ongoing criminal investigation against the McCanns, although god knows I have been banging on about it long enough British Cop invokes state secrets privilege to refuse to testify - Page 2 25346

Do you really think that Public Interest Act letters would be answered saying there was or that LP would set out a schedule of documents and explain why they object to disclosing them, that they intend to bring the offenders to justice if this was all just one big lie?

Well I thought we were told they had been cleared of any wrongdoing. So how can there be an ongoing investigation.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 11 Jan - 18:59

Beattie wrote:Hi Viv,

It makes you woder how the McCanns, who although they had their arguido status lifted could still be charged
if new evidence was found, were able to obtain 89 Files from Leicester Police by order of the High Court.

The only files that were given to them was return of 89 pieces of information concerning sightings that had been given to their solicitors who had handed them onto the police but not kept copies. In short, the LP gave them absolutely nothing, the remaining, at that stage 11,000 pieces of information LP held remained confidential!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 11 Jan - 19:02

MaryB wrote:

Where, in any official document, including the Pt final report does it say they have been cleared of any wrongdoing. It simply says they found no evidence to accuse them of a crime, that is very different! I think he does absolve them of child neglect however under Portuguese law. To me that makes sense because they deliberately neglected their kids to facilitate disposing of Madeleine.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2