Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Opinions are opposed

3 posters

Go down

Opinions are opposed Empty Opinions are opposed

Post  Annabel Tue 12 Jan - 6:48

11 January 2010

Opinions are opposed Jornal de Notícias

Manuel António Pina
by Manuel António Pina
11 January 2010
Thanks to Joana Morais for translation

There are probably good reasons for books to be burned, in the defence of someone's right to a reputation. Nonetheless, it is within the management of the permanent conflict between personality rights and freedom of expression that its core lies, and it is there, for that same reason, that the firmness of a core value to the democratic system itself is measured.

In the trial that starts tomorrow, the McCann couple want the destruction of all the books in which Gonçalo Amaral, the former coordinator of the investigation into the disappearance of little Madeleine, defends the position that both may have been involved in the case. Amaral argues, in favour of his thesis, with facts from the investigation itself, which he directed; the McCanns argue that Amaral's arguments offend their right to a reputation. Justice will decide, but similar arguments could be used to burn, on a daily basis, the entire Portuguese Press, and to light an immense "Bücherverbrennung" in the democratic countries in general. An opinion is an opinion and it is worth the same as the facts that it is based upon. Opinions are not burned, they are discussed and opposed.
Annabel
Annabel
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3528
Warning :
Opinions are opposed Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Opinions are opposed Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Opinions are opposed Empty Re: Opinions are opposed

Post  kitti Tue 12 Jan - 7:22

THEY CAN BURN THE BOOKS BUT WHAT ABOUT THE ONES BEEN SOLD, WILL THE MCCANNS NOW SAY ANYONE COPYING OR REPEATING ANYTHING FROM THE BOOK WILL BE SUED!!

WHAT A CHALLENGE!
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :
Opinions are opposed Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Opinions are opposed Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 12 Jan - 8:07

MY old Granny used to say, "I Want, Doesn't Get." They are like a couple of kids, demanding and stamping their feet. High time that somebody metaphorically turned the pair of them up and gave them a good skelp.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Tue 12 Jan - 8:10

The Famous Grouse wrote:MY old Granny used to say, "I Want, Doesn't Get." They are like a couple of kids, demanding and stamping their feet. High time that somebody metaphorically turned the pair of them up and gave them a good skelp.

The first time I saw Gerry behaving like a silly spoilt school kid was when he flounced off when asked if he knew Robert Murat. I can't take people like that seriously. I just want to laugh, ridicule them, like poking a snappy dog with a stick!
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Tue 12 Jan - 8:11

The Famous Grouse wrote:MY old Granny used to say, "I Want, Doesn't Get." They are like a couple of kids, demanding and stamping their feet. High time that somebody metaphorically turned the pair of them up and gave them a good skelp.

I like that word, 'skelp.' Memories of women shouting at us kids playing 'roon the middens! Stop that or Ah'll skelp yer erse! Oh happy days!
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down