Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What the papers say - Amaral V McCanns trial

+60
T4two
zodiac
renoir
malena stool
buildersbum
lynn
Annabel
lea
tabs
Roasted Arizona
Susan
ann_chovey
the one and only big_l
FSoares
Justiceforallkids
AnnaEsse
RIORITA
MJH1901
Jean-Luc
Dimsie
Ang
tanszi
Judge Dread
dazedandconfused
MaryB
4timesanan
HiDeHo
sans_souci
Keela
oliver
halfamo
welshy
steve1295
Bebootje
suzyone
hobnob
fedrules
Arguida
margaret
Carolina
jay2001
kitti
nostra
Alfiefinn
Lilemor
Alpine Aster
Eve
jejune
fishie
ali1966
comperedna
Simon K
contrary
flubber
Lioned
Badboy
vivvy
fuzeta
macy
keepingmum
64 posters

Page 12 of 18 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18  Next

Go down

What the papers say - Amaral V McCanns trial - Page 12 Empty as above

Post  halfamo Thu 14 Jan - 14:44

Mr and Mrs obnoxious,who the heck would want them for mates.Mr Gerry you'll do as i say not as i do ,and Kate the drama queen.
halfamo
halfamo
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1905
Warning :
What the papers say - Amaral V McCanns trial - Page 12 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100What the papers say - Amaral V McCanns trial - Page 12 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

What the papers say - Amaral V McCanns trial - Page 12 Empty Today's Daily Mail. Ouch!

Post  Guest Thu 14 Jan - 15:27

Maddie snatch story was a fairytale that saved McCanns from being charged with neglect, libel trial told

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1242736/Madeleine-McCann-snatch-story-fairytale-libel-trial-told.html#ixzz0cbI49ogN

The 'fairytale' of Madeleine McCann's abduction saved her parents from being charged with neglecting their children, it was claimed yesterday.

Kate and Gerry McCann did not face negligence charges because police were too 'distracted' by claims their daughter had been snatched, a former policeman said.

Francisco Moita Flores told the second day of the McCann libel case how police hadn't believed three-year-old Madeleine was abducted from her parents' holiday apartment in Praia da Luz.

'Nothing's harder than losing Madeleine': With a tag featuring a picture of her missing daughter and the phrase 'Don't forget about me' attached to her purse, Kate McCann arrives at Tribunal Civil de Lisboa in Lisbon today

They were forced to investigate the theory because of the 'media circus' surrounding the case and the political pressure it created, the Portuguese court heard.

He suggested the couple should face neglect charges because they left their children sleeping while they went out for dinner at a nearby restaurant.

Today Kate McCann admitted that listening to claims that she faked her daughter Madeleine's abduction was difficult - but said nothing could be as bad as losing her child.

Speaking as she arrived for a third day of hearings at the main civil court in Lisbon, she acknowledged that this week had taken its toll.

'If I'm honest, our daughter's been taken and nothing's ever going to be as bad as that,' she said.

'It's still been difficult, it's been emotive, because I know what's in the case files, I know what the conclusions are.

'So it's difficult to hear something that's incorrect and inaccurate.

'At the bottom of all this is a little girl, and I think it's important that we don't forget that.'

Mr McCann flew back to Britain last night to return to work and his wife was accompanied to court today by Fiona Payne, one of the friends on holiday with the couple when Madeleine disappeared.

After yesterday's hearing a clearly angry Mr McCann conceded that he and his wife had been wrong to leave their children, but said mistakes had been made by all involved.

He said: 'We're not harking over mistakes which were made, and particularly mistakes that were made early on and cannot be redeemed.

'What is done cannot be righted... in hindsight we made a mistake by leaving Madeleine and we have to live with the consequences of that. We can't change it.'

Earlier, Mr Moita Flores had told the court: 'No one believed it was an abduction. It was a fairytale, a fable. If the police only worked on that theory then they would be a bunch of idiots.'

He said he believed it would have been impossible for an abductor to break into the McCanns' apartment and carry away Madeleine.

'The McCanns should be judged for the neglect of their children. In Portugal this is huge negligence,' he said.

'The accusation was not made. Justice was distracted. How could they not be accused?'

Mr Moita Flores did not work on the investigation and had already left the Portuguese police when Madeleine disappeared in May 2007.

But he was giving evidence on behalf of Goncalo Amaral, the detective accused of libelling the McCanns in his bestselling book, Maddie: The Truth Of The Lie.

Madeleine's parents took legal action against Mr Amaral over accusations they faked their daughter's abduction to cover up her death while on a family holiday.

They won a court injunction banning the sale of the book worldwide and preventing him from repeating the allegations.

But the injunction did not stop him from publishing a second book in December, called The English Gag.

The libel case has provided the police officers who investigated the McCanns with a public platform on which to air their suspicions.

Unlike a criminal trial, the detectives have not had to provide evidence to support their allegations.

Mr McCann, 41, left Portugal last night to return to his job as a hospital heart consultant.

His wife, also 41, a former GP who has not returned to work since Madeleine's disappearance, is expected to stay in Lisbon until the end of the court hearing.

The latest courtroom accusations came as Mr Amaral was forced to deny claims he had launched a foul-mouthed attack on the McCanns.

The 50-year-old was caught on camera as he was asked if his book had hurt the couple, and appeared to snarl: 'No, **** the McCanns.'

His outburst was shown by the BBC's regional news programme in the East Midlands, which bleeped out the offending word.

A source said producers were convinced he had sworn, but lawyers for the detective denied he had spoken in English.

His lawyer Antonio Cabrita said: 'I have never heard him use that kind of language.' Asked if he had made the comment, Mr Amaral, 50, replied: 'Never.'

The detective is believed to face financial ruin if the McCanns succeed in their £1million libel action.

Gerry McCann yesterday lashed out at accusations that the couple had faked their daughter's abduction.

Sickened by police slurs that he and wife Kate were involved in Madeleine's disappearance, the grim-faced father confronted journalists on his way into court.

Asked why they had taken legal action over the claims, Mr McCann turned on a Portuguese television reporter and demanded t. o know if she was a mother. 'Do you have children?' he snapped. 'Anyone who has children would go through the same process.'

Mr McCann appeared to struggle to control his anger as he returned to hear a second day of allegations.

He said: 'There is absolutely no evidence that Madeleine is dead. Let me finish please.

'There's absolutely no evidence that Madeleine's dead, and there's absolutely no evidence that we are involved.'

Accompanied by some less than flattering pictures of the McCann's. Fiona and Kate look like a right couple of hard faced cows, Isabel Duarte looks like an old bag lady, and Gerry's poking a finger at Sandra Felguieras and snarling. The photo of Goncalo Amaral makes him look quite hip, though, chatting into his mobile phone and smiling.

The comments are the same comments carried over from yesterday (all anti) and now the green arrows are well into the 1000s.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

What the papers say - Amaral V McCanns trial - Page 12 Empty Re: What the papers say - Amaral V McCanns trial

Post  T4two Thu 14 Jan - 15:43

It's that hat! Reminds me of, "Who loves ya baby?" Someone get that man a lollipop! What the papers say - Amaral V McCanns trial - Page 12 306474
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Warning :
What the papers say - Amaral V McCanns trial - Page 12 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100What the papers say - Amaral V McCanns trial - Page 12 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

What the papers say - Amaral V McCanns trial - Page 12 Empty Re: What the papers say - Amaral V McCanns trial

Post  Roasted Arizona Thu 14 Jan - 15:45

'It's still been difficult, it's been emotive, because I know what's in the case files, I know what the conclusions are.

If she knows what the conclusions are in the case files and doesn't like them, then it means that the conclusion in the book can't be criticised.
Roasted Arizona
Roasted Arizona
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 719
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  jay2001 Thu 14 Jan - 15:54

Much better than yesterday's pink tinged article.

What I don't understand is why the Mcs brought the current action - except for their greed in anticipation of £1m in the fund. Some of the press have printed many facts from the witnessess that I'm sure the doctoring duo would've preferred left unsaid. Sadly the Sun and Mirror continue to pour insults on Sr Amaral. Will they and BBC East Midlands apologise to him now that it's been agreed he said Forca! Doubt it, although I'd love to see Anne 'facts can be changed' Davies have to do it on air.

If the McCanns had kept quiet about the book it possibly would've not sold in massive quantities in the UK. They've got most of the press onside, courtesy of Clarrie, and could've ensured no-one reviewed it. Now far more folks know about it and interest in this case is revived again. I sincerely hope the judge rules in favour of Sr Amaral and he's allowed to sell it again.
jay2001
jay2001
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 403
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post  suzyone Thu 14 Jan - 16:09

Goodness, yes. They must have tried to find unflattering pictures of the duo. In one, kate looks as if she has dozed off. Fiona always looks so snooty. What is up with her?

As to why they took this case- greed! Noone is allowed to make money out of their daughter apart from them. Get it?

They always excuse their greed as needing money to look for her. but I take that with a pinch of salt to me honest.
suzyone
suzyone
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 138
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  halfamo Thu 14 Jan - 16:15

The Famous Grouse wrote:

Accompanied by some less than flattering pictures of the McCann's. Fiona and Kate look like a right couple of hard faced cows, Isabel Duarte looks like an old bag lady, and Gerry's poking a finger at Sandra Felguieras and snarling. The photo of Goncalo Amaral makes him look quite hip, though, chatting into his mobile phone and smiling.

The comments are the same comments carried over from yesterday (all anti) and now the green arrows are well into the 1000s.[/quote]

Yes thats one for the McCann family album something for the twins to look back on and treasure.
halfamo
halfamo
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1905
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 14 Jan - 16:17

Oh look!! Fiona rang Kate this morning and said: "What are you wearing today?" What the papers say - Amaral V McCanns trial - Page 12 25346

What the papers say - Amaral V McCanns trial - Page 12 Article-1242736-07DB50D7000005DC-842_468x505
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Thu 14 Jan - 16:23

Where's cuddle cat, he hasn't appeared this time, he is usually glued to Kates bosom, or half way up her nose, or peeking out of her bag.
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  jay2001 Thu 14 Jan - 16:26

One of the pictures shows a picture of Madeleine clipped to the outside of her bag, like a plastic id tag.
jay2001
jay2001
Elite Member
Elite Member

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 14 Jan - 16:29

eddie wrote:Oh look!! Fiona rang Kate this morning and said: "What are you wearing today?" What the papers say - Amaral V McCanns trial - Page 12 25346

What the papers say - Amaral V McCanns trial - Page 12 Article-1242736-07DB50D7000005DC-842_468x505
Have you noticed the white knuckles of Kate and Isabel?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Thu 14 Jan - 16:30

lnorton wrote:
eddie wrote:Oh look!! Fiona rang Kate this morning and said: "What are you wearing today?" What the papers say - Amaral V McCanns trial - Page 12 25346

It was pretty cold Inorton. What is Fiona wearing on her legs?
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 14 Jan - 16:33

fred wrote:
lnorton wrote:

It was pretty cold Inorton. What is Fiona wearing on her legs?
Being cold never made me ball my fists it looks like nerves to me.

Last edited by lnorton on Thu 14 Jan - 16:38; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  jay2001 Thu 14 Jan - 16:34

On Tuesday I think Gerry agreed that they'd take the stand after Amaral. So what happened in less than 24 hours? Work committments? NHS or is he on the payroll of CR now as he's one of their best customers. He barely seems to have done a full week since April 2007 and yet he has to leave the hearing after saying he'd take the stand less than 24 hours earlier.

Lucky Fiona was on standby.
jay2001
jay2001
Elite Member
Elite Member

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Thu 14 Jan - 16:36

My thoughts were that What the papers say - Amaral V McCanns trial - Page 12 23324 Aren't we awful.
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fedrules Thu 14 Jan - 16:37

Well, I find Kate 'difficult to listen to'..
fedrules
fedrules
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1282
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 14 Jan - 16:40

Fred, I had to change my last post. I thought it was too naughty. Glad you agree though
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Thu 14 Jan - 16:42

lnorton wrote:Fred, I had to change my last post. I thought it was too naughty. Glad you agree though

It was my first thought when I saw the photo, thought i'd gone bonkers when I re-read it What the papers say - Amaral V McCanns trial - Page 12 294124
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Thu 14 Jan - 16:44

Did Fiona fly in last night? Just wondered if she shared a room with Kate, as they "Are so into each other" Kate's words not mine
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 14 Jan - 16:45

fred wrote:
lnorton wrote:Fred, I had to change my last post. I thought it was too naughty. Glad you agree though

It was my first thought when I saw the photo, thought i'd gone bonkers when I re-read it What the papers say - Amaral V McCanns trial - Page 12 294124
I got into trouble a week ago and had part of my post removed by the mods so now I am being careful.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Thu 14 Jan - 16:47

fedrules wrote:Or Mr Smith??

I think The Smiths were bought off by Kennedy.
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jay2001 Thu 14 Jan - 16:52

Maybe it was always the plan for Gerr to leg it, because with all the travel delays at the moment she was lucky to get there so quickly. But they are all celebrities now so expect these things are arranged by lackeys for them.

I thought maybe Gerr had done a runner because he was going to be in the Celeb Big Bro house!
jay2001
jay2001
Elite Member
Elite Member

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Carolina Thu 14 Jan - 17:00

fred wrote:
fedrules wrote:Or Mr Smith??

I think The Smiths were bought off by Kennedy.

I don't think that the Smiths were bought off by anyone. They were not questioned during the investigation because the Portuguese authorities, after Gonçalo Amaral was taken off the case, were no longer interested and they were just interested in shelving the case.
Carolina
Carolina
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 874
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

What the papers say - Amaral V McCanns trial - Page 12 Empty Leicester Mercury 14 Jan 2010

Post  malena stool Thu 14 Jan - 18:10

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/news/McCanns-fight-detective-s-accusations/article-1708146-detail/article.html
McCanns fight back at detective's accusations

Thursday, January 14, 2010, 09:30Gerry McCann came out fighting yesterday after sitting through two days of court hearings where he and his wife were accused of faking the abduction of their daughter Madeleine.

Mr McCann defended the couple's decision to take legal action over a book and TV documentary by former Portuguese detective Goncalo Amaral. He insisted there was no evidence to support Mr Amaral's claims that Madeleine died in her family's Algarve holiday flat on the night she vanished in 2007.

A visibly frustrated Mr McCann spoke to reporters outside the main civil court in Lisbon, where Mr Amaral is trying to overturn a ban on publishing his book.

"Over the last two days, we've heard a lot about Mr Amaral's thesis that Madeleine is dead," he said. "And I also hope you've heard that there is absolutely no evidence to support that thesis. A thesis without evidence is meaningless and that is what we are challenging."
It was the second time Mr McCann, 41, from Rothley, has spoken to reporters outside the court.

On Tuesday, a senior detective told the hearing police made the McCanns "arguidos", or suspects, in the case after concluding Madeleine died accidentally and her parents covered up the death by inventing a kidnapping.

Chief Inspector Tavares de Almeida said he believed Madeleine died in her family's holiday apartment on the day she went missing. He told the court the main evidence for this was the findings of British police sniffer dogs sent to Portugal to examine the flat.

The McCanns' lawyer Isabel Duarte challenged the claim, arguing the sniffer dog results did not constitute proof and were not allowed as evidence in the case.

Ricardo Paiva, the Policia Judiciaria detective who acted as a liaison officer for the McCanns, told the hearing his view of the case changed after Mrs McCann, 41, rang him to tell him about a dream. She was very upset and gave him the impression that she thought Madeleine was dead and could be on a hillside near Praia da Luz, the court was told.

Ms Duarte said Mrs McCann raised the issue with the Portuguese police after seeing a number of cars going up the hill.

Yesterday, a former senior detective called as a witness by Mr Amaral dismissed the theory that Madeleine was abducted. Francisco Moita Flores, a criminologist and a writer who is now the mayor of Santarem, near Lisbon, told the court it would be impossible to pass a child through the window of the McCanns' holiday flat.

Ms Duarte argued the police files reached no conclusion about the window and said there were other ways Madeleine could have been taken from the apartment.

A Portuguese judge granted the McCanns an injunction in September last year banning further sale or publication of Mr Amaral's book. He was also prohibited from repeating his claims about Madeleine or her parents.

The case will continue today.
Unquote
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Thu 14 Jan - 18:14

WOW!! Considering the stance the Mail took the day before (very pro McCann) this 'worm' really 'has turned', well done Daily Mail !! (Never thought l'd say that lol) Loving the photos too and the comments are the icing on the cake, if team McCann really believe the British public believe them now they are seriously deluded What the papers say - Amaral V McCanns trial - Page 12 25346

Think about it, very few papers allow comments now on McCann stories yet here we have some and without a doubt they are ANTI - so it just goes to show what people think of them.

Good to see justice at work, if we can't have the McCanns banged up at least let them know what Britain and Porrtugal think of their child neglecting and money grabbing ways!
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 18 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18  Next