Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What the papers say - Amaral V McCanns trial

+60
T4two
zodiac
renoir
malena stool
buildersbum
lynn
Annabel
lea
tabs
Roasted Arizona
Susan
ann_chovey
the one and only big_l
FSoares
Justiceforallkids
AnnaEsse
RIORITA
MJH1901
Jean-Luc
Dimsie
Ang
tanszi
Judge Dread
dazedandconfused
MaryB
4timesanan
HiDeHo
sans_souci
Keela
oliver
halfamo
welshy
steve1295
Bebootje
suzyone
hobnob
fedrules
Arguida
margaret
Carolina
jay2001
kitti
nostra
Alfiefinn
Lilemor
Alpine Aster
Eve
jejune
fishie
ali1966
comperedna
Simon K
contrary
flubber
Lioned
Badboy
vivvy
fuzeta
macy
keepingmum
64 posters

Page 4 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 18  Next

Go down

What the papers say - Amaral V McCanns trial - Page 4 Empty Re: What the papers say - Amaral V McCanns trial

Post  fuzeta Tue 12 Jan - 20:00

I know its been a good day for Amaral but its only the first day. I am worried about what scams the McCanns have up their sleeves. They dont have a top lawyer for nothing plus who is this mystery witness. I hope we are not counting our chicks etc.
fuzeta
fuzeta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4231
Warning :
What the papers say - Amaral V McCanns trial - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100What the papers say - Amaral V McCanns trial - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

What the papers say - Amaral V McCanns trial - Page 4 Empty Re: What the papers say - Amaral V McCanns trial

Post  Susan Tue 12 Jan - 20:02

eddie wrote:
MJH1901 wrote:I think it makes him look relaxed and confident.

Sweet.

What the papers say - Amaral V McCanns trial - Page 4 463742

In that case Kate looked more relaxed and confident than him, didn't she?

Yes but Amaral hasnt lost a child somewhere so she shouldnt have anything to be happy about What the papers say - Amaral V McCanns trial - Page 4 29204
Susan
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 11477
Location : Spain. The place where children are welcome in tapas bars
Warning :
What the papers say - Amaral V McCanns trial - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100What the papers say - Amaral V McCanns trial - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-07-21

https://missingmadeleine.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  buildersbum Tue 12 Jan - 20:04

fred wrote:Poor old Brunty the tosser, looks windswept, cold and fed up What the papers say - Amaral V McCanns trial - Page 4 294124

GOOD THE STUPID TW4T What the papers say - Amaral V McCanns trial - Page 4 29562
buildersbum
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1628
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 12 Jan - 20:05

Give credit where it's due. If Amaral can doze off at the start of a trial that is aimed at taking 1.2 million euros from him then he is one cool dude! I do not for one moment think he was dozing. Who was the fictional detective who listened to all evidence with his eyes closed and appeared to be sleeping only to conclusively solve the case every time?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  vivvy Tue 12 Jan - 20:08

eddie wrote:The Sun only really care about breasts anyway, who actually listens to what they say?? What the papers say - Amaral V McCanns trial - Page 4 294124

Unfortunately, there are a load of Sun readers who do actually believe every word they say. I am just amazed that the media are now not only spinning but barefaced lying. Unbelievable. Why, that's what I so want to know.
vivvy
vivvy
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 203
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  buildersbum Tue 12 Jan - 20:08

Lets hope that Goncola calls Mr Smith from Ireland as a witness!!
That surely would outdo any secret witness the Mccanns have! What the papers say - Amaral V McCanns trial - Page 4 25346

Remember folks what Amaral said..........DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE ME!!!!
buildersbum
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  vivvy Tue 12 Jan - 20:13

lnorton wrote:Give credit where it's due. If Amaral can doze off at the start of a trial that is aimed at taking 1.2 million euros from him then he is one cool dude! I do not for one moment think he was dozing. Who was the fictional detective who listened to all evidence with his eyes closed and appeared to be sleeping only to conclusively solve the case every time?

Wasn't it Columbo? What the papers say - Amaral V McCanns trial - Page 4 25346
vivvy
vivvy
Reg Member
Reg Member

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  steve1295 Tue 12 Jan - 20:13

Iknow it might be outof context but i was reading the sky threads and according to rebecca its GAs fault that Maddie has not been found. OOOOhhhh please.Still it was funny to see it written
steve1295
steve1295
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 567
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  buildersbum Tue 12 Jan - 20:15

THIS PAPER SELLS FOR 20p WHAT DOES THAT TELL YOU!!! What the papers say - Amaral V McCanns trial - Page 4 192282 What the papers say - Amaral V McCanns trial - Page 4 613255 What the papers say - Amaral V McCanns trial - Page 4 613255 What the papers say - Amaral V McCanns trial - Page 4 613255
buildersbum
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 12 Jan - 20:16

vivvy wrote:
lnorton wrote:Give credit where it's due. If Amaral can doze off at the start of a trial that is aimed at taking 1.2 million euros from him then he is one cool dude! I do not for one moment think he was dozing. Who was the fictional detective who listened to all evidence with his eyes closed and appeared to be sleeping only to conclusively solve the case every time?

Wasn't it Columbo? What the papers say - Amaral V McCanns trial - Page 4 25346
Yeah, I think that's the one.

Last edited by lnorton on Tue 12 Jan - 20:16; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 12 Jan - 20:18

fuzeta wrote:I know its been a good day for Amaral but its only the first day. I am worried about what scams the McCanns have up their sleeves. They dont have a top lawyer for nothing plus who is this mystery witness. I hope we are not counting our chicks etc.

For a top Lawyer, losing your cool in the Courtroom is not the most sensible approach. I"m intrigued too about
this Witness, his name suggests he is Portugese.Do you remember across the other side of the Tennis Courts there was a block of Holiday Apartments and the Tennis Coaches from there used to share the OC Court.Maybe
he is something to to with that. Also, I remember reading in the early days that the Portugese Police had an
important Witness whose address they kept secret, nothing came of that.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  vivvy Tue 12 Jan - 20:19

buildersbum wrote:THIS PAPER SELLS FOR 20p WHAT DOES THAT TELL YOU!!! What the papers say - Amaral V McCanns trial - Page 4 192282 What the papers say - Amaral V McCanns trial - Page 4 613255 What the papers say - Amaral V McCanns trial - Page 4 613255 What the papers say - Amaral V McCanns trial - Page 4 613255

Good point! What the papers say - Amaral V McCanns trial - Page 4 294124
vivvy
vivvy
Reg Member
Reg Member

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 12 Jan - 20:20

fuzeta wrote:
eddie wrote:
Bren wrote:
eddie wrote:
And Amara dozing off?? He let himself down, I am a bit disgusted tbh.

Sorry eddie, that is uncalled for imo, perhaps it was just the reporter putting a spin on it, because how many times have you sat there and thought with your eyes shut or your head in your hands and contemplated at what is happening, because I know I have? Anyway if Goncalo did accidentally doze off, I can see the poor guy being mentally and emotionally drained and probably not having a lot of sleep with worry about what is going to happen in Court, doubt if he got much sleep at all last night. Not surprising really is it? Not as if he is being sued for a few quid is it, must be hell of a worry, wonder if we could cope as admirably as he has should we ever be faced with his situation.

Hallo Bren and welcome back! What the papers say - Amaral V McCanns trial - Page 4 Icon_flower
Let me just say one thing: If it is unture then that's fine and good.

BUT: if it were Gerry or Kate accused of dozing off then everyone would be jumping down their throats and saying exactly what I have just said! I want justice as much as the next person but I am not blindly unfair either....you have to admit you would have commented had it been the other way round and if he did doze off then my comment was very called for.

There is no way he would have dozed off Edds. He has too much at stake. He must have tried for a certain look and it did not come off. He should have practised it in front of his wife. I bet the McCanns are practising all their moves now What the papers say - Amaral V McCanns trial - Page 4 613255 I bet Kate is in front of the mirror right now. She is probably putting make up on Gerry's nose so that he does not look too much like pinocchio. She has her work cut out there. I swear it has got bigger and bigger over the last two years. You know he is coming when that hooks round the door What the papers say - Amaral V McCanns trial - Page 4 613255
I think he was gathering his thoughts thinking about the next move and it was misinterpreted
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Susan Tue 12 Jan - 20:22

The minute I saw her name I knew what to expect. What the papers say - Amaral V McCanns trial - Page 4 847843
Susan
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Susan Tue 12 Jan - 20:24

keepingmum wrote:Never thought I would say this but I take my hat off to Brunty today. And seeing what the wind did to Kate's hairdo cheered me up no end.

He should have worn a hat! His hair had the usual non washed look. What the papers say - Amaral V McCanns trial - Page 4 15327
Susan
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  the one and only big_l Tue 12 Jan - 20:24

bert wrote:Hi Big_l, What the papers say - Amaral V McCanns trial - Page 4 306321

Bit of a shock eh? Only temporary I'm sure.

Wouldn't get too carried away with what Brunty says, or doesn't say.

He will still report the same old twaddle in the end.

The presenter was doing his best to convince us that Goncalo Amaral was on trial as well.

SKY is SKY and purely PINK and ever more shall be so.
What the papers say - Amaral V McCanns trial - Page 4 306321 hi bert i hope alls well with you and yours What the papers say - Amaral V McCanns trial - Page 4 25346
the one and only big_l
the one and only big_l
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 727
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

What the papers say - Amaral V McCanns trial - Page 4 Empty DAILY MIRROR: Madeleine McCann: Court told police thought parents faked Maddy's abduction - 12/01/10

Post  Guest Tue 12 Jan - 20:26

Daily Mirror, 12/01/10;

Portuguese police believed Madeleine McCann died in her family's holiday flat and that her parents faked her abduction, a court heard today.

Kate and Gerry McCann faced former detective Goncalo Amaral across a courtroom as he tried to overturn a ban on his book that claims their daughter is dead.

One senior detective told the hearing in Lisbon police made the McCanns "arguidos", or suspects, in the case after concluding Madeleine died accidentally and her parents covered up the death by inventing a kidnapping.

Chief Inspector Tavares de Almeida said he believed Madeleine died in her family's apartment in the Algarve resort of Praia da Luz on the day she went missing.

He told the court the main evidence for this was the findings of British police sniffer dogs sent to Portugal to examine the flat.

The McCanns' lawyer, Isabel Duarte, challenged this claim, arguing that the sniffer dog results did not constitute proof and were not allowed as evidence in the case.

Mr and Mrs McCann, both 41, from Rothley, Leicestershire, flew to Portugal yesterday ahead of the trial at Lisbon's main civil court, which is listed for three days.

Mr Amaral is calling a series of senior Portuguese officials involved in the investigation into Madeleine's disappearance as witnesses to support his allegations.

His lawyers argue that the material in his book is contained in the official Portuguese police files for the case, many of which were made public in August 2008.

Jose Cunha de Magalhaes e Meneses, the local public prosecutor in the Madeleine investigation, gave evidence via video link.

Asked whether he believed that the little girl was dead, he said it was "50-50".

Mr Amaral's lawyers are also seeking evidence from a British policeman, Metropolitan Police Detective Sergeant Jose De Freitas, who was seconded to Leicestershire Police to help with the British end of the investigation.

Scotland Yard confirmed that it was considering correspondence from the Portuguese authorities.

Mr and Mrs McCann are not expected to give evidence.

Madeleine was nearly four when she went missing from her family's apartment in Praia da Luz on May 3 2007 while her parents dined with friends nearby.

Mr and Mrs McCann were made "arguidos" four months later, but this was lifted when the investigation was shelved in July 2008.

The couple have always strenuously denied having any involvement in the disappearance their daughter, whom they believe was abducted.

Mr Amaral at first led the Madeleine inquiry for Portugal's CID, the Policia Judiciaria (PJ).

But he was taken off the case in October 2007 after criticising the British police in a newspaper interview.

In his book Maddie: The Truth Of The Lie, published in July 2008, Mr Amaral claimed that Madeleine died in her family's holiday flat on the night she vanished and questioned the McCanns account that she was abducted.

A Portuguese judge granted the McCanns an injunction in September last year banning further sale or publication of the book.

The former policeman was also prohibited from repeating his claims about Madeleine or her parents.

The McCanns sat just yards away from Mr Amaral at the front of the public gallery in Lisbon's 7th Civil Court.

They occasionally whispered to each other and their Portuguese translators, but made little reaction to what was said.

A spokeswoman for the couple said sitting through the allegations made in today's hearing was painful for the couple.

"I think it is hurting them. They can feel hurt by these things being repeated again and again and again," she said.

"However, they know what really happened so they are confident. They just want to find their daughter."

Grenville Green, 66, from Nottingham, travelled to Lisbon with his son Stephen, 44, to show his support for Mr Amaral.

As the former detective arrived at the court building in driving rain this morning, Mr Green shouted out: "Goncalo, good luck my friend."

The McCanns are also seeking 1.2 million euros (£1.08 million) in compensation for defamation in separate legal proceedings against Mr Amaral in Portugal.

They have said any damages awarded by the courts would go towards paying for private investigators to look for Madeleine

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2010/01/12/madeleine-mccann-court-told-police-thought-parents-faked-maddy-s-abduction-115875-21962178/
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Susan Tue 12 Jan - 20:26

buildersbum wrote:Lets hope that Goncola calls Mr Smith from Ireland as a witness!!
That surely would outdo any secret witness the Mccanns have! What the papers say - Amaral V McCanns trial - Page 4 25346

OMG now that would be good! How about the Gaspars too? Double whammy! What the papers say - Amaral V McCanns trial - Page 4 25346
Susan
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  buildersbum Tue 12 Jan - 20:28

Yes Mr Smih and Mrs Gasper together in the witness stand!!!!! What the papers say - Amaral V McCanns trial - Page 4 873702

Last edited by buildersbum on Tue 12 Jan - 20:29; edited 1 time in total
buildersbum
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Susan Tue 12 Jan - 20:29

steve1295 wrote:Iknow it might be outof context but i was reading the sky threads and according to rebecca its GAs fault that Maddie has not been found. OOOOhhhh please.Still it was funny to see it written

Is that Rebecca the longest preganancy in the universe? Nelly the elephant Rebecca?

Yes well her and her gang always make excuses for the McCanns!
Susan
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 12 Jan - 20:29

Ambersuz wrote:
buildersbum wrote:Lets hope that Goncola calls Mr Smith from Ireland as a witness!!

OMG now that would be good! How about the Gaspars too? Double whammy! What the papers say - Amaral V McCanns trial - Page 4 25346

What the papers say - Amaral V McCanns trial - Page 4 463742 What the papers say - Amaral V McCanns trial - Page 4 873702
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Tue 12 Jan - 20:34

Typical Team McCann reporting, blame the Pj as usual, forget that the deadly duo, left 3 kids aged 3 and under alone every night! Yaaaaaaaaaaawn!!
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 12 Jan - 20:39

"Mr Menezes said he thought the probability of Madeleine being alive was 50/50"

I was hopping mad when I read that, when I calmed down I got a different perspective on it. I am assuming that he had to say that because the Mccanns did not go ahead with the reconstruction, which would have cleared them of any involvement. Therefore the indications are that they know poor Maddie is deceased but cannot say to a court of law that there is 100% certainty until the mccanns do the reconstruction (which they havent yet done!!!!)

Incidentally does anyone know who said they were ok not to do the reconstruction...someone by the name of Prior? I dont remember hearing or reading anything along those lines before. How very pitiful that the mccanns never did a reconstruction, when we all know how great crimewatch is with its reconstructions and crime solving, because someone said "oh dont bother it probably wont help anyway!!!".
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Roasted Arizona Tue 12 Jan - 20:39

I'm quite pleased with that report actually.
Roasted Arizona
Roasted Arizona
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 719
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Tue 12 Jan - 20:39

buildersbum wrote:THIS PAPER SELLS FOR 20p WHAT DOES THAT TELL YOU!!! What the papers say - Amaral V McCanns trial - Page 4 192282 What the papers say - Amaral V McCanns trial - Page 4 613255 What the papers say - Amaral V McCanns trial - Page 4 613255 What the papers say - Amaral V McCanns trial - Page 4 613255

90% of the British public buy it and believe it, poor sods What the papers say - Amaral V McCanns trial - Page 4 23324 All dole scum are number one fans.
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 18  Next