Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Mr McCann will return to Britain this afternoon because of work commitments

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Mr McCann will return to Britain this afternoon because of work commitments

Post  Guest on Wed 13 Jan - 22:20

viv wrote:Photon, I am surprised you do not understand that "specialist" means a consultant and of course you do not need to be a consultant to be a hospital anaesthetist! :
http://www.gmc-uk.org/doctors/registration_applications/specialist_registration.asp

Viv - no it doesn't mean a consultant. You need to have completed SPECIALIST TRAINING to be entered on the appropriate register. It was not unusual to have pre-consultant posts of Senior Registrar (SR)* who had completed and been awarded their qualification and were therefore on the specialist register. It is mandatory for appointment to a consultant post to be on the appropriate register. The GMC link you posted above then goes on to say:

Doctors need to apply for entry onto the Specialist Register and meet the criteria set down in legislation. Some will have completed a period of formal specialist training in the UK certified by the Postgraduate Medical Education and Training Board (PMETB) or its predecessor the Specialist Training Authority (STA). Others will have been awarded qualifications in specialised medicine by an appropriate competent authority in other Member States of the European Economic Area. Others still will have been found eligible by the PMETB or the STA following an assessment of the specialist training undertaken and/or the specialist qualifications awarded in the UK or elsewhere.

If she's not on the specialist register, she's not completed specialist training - and can't call herself a Specialist. Applicants for Consultant posts must be on the register before they're appointed.

For Anaesthesia (from the Royal College of Anaesthetists):

The programme of training leading to a Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT) in Anaesthetics

Introduction
To obtain a UK CCT in anaesthetics a trainee has to follow a training programme with an indicative duration of seven years.

http://www.rcoa.ac.uk/index.asp?PageID=819

* Name may have changed recently, but the hierarchy is similar. SRs are/were, essentially, consultants in waiting.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Mr McCann will return to Britain this afternoon because of work commitments

Post  Guest on Wed 13 Jan - 22:30

and your point is?

You said she is not an anaesthestist, she says she is!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Mr McCann will return to Britain this afternoon because of work commitments

Post  Guest on Wed 13 Jan - 22:50

viv wrote:and your point is?

You said she is not an anaesthestist, she says she is!

Then she should have said she's a trainee anaesthetist! Possibly, she's not as accurate as she should be (an undesirable attribute in an aspiring anaesthetist, I would have thought). According to RCA "Anaesthetists are doctors who have undergone (not "are undergoing") postgraduate specialist training in anaesthesia, intensive care medicine and pain management."

I've never seen any medical employment associated with Fiona Payne/Webster. Have checked the initial statement and rogatory interview - and as part of the opening ID checks, there's no mention of "what she does for a living". I think there was with Jane and Rachel (haven't checked, yet).

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Mr McCann will return to Britain this afternoon because of work commitments

Post  nostra on Wed 13 Jan - 22:52

Just a thought, what is the likelyhood of gerry returning to rothley to maybe clear/dispose of/hide something that shouldn't be there? If the preverbial shit really is about to hit the fan then who knows what the mcs have lurking around??

nostra
Newbie
Newbie

Number of posts : 36
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-11-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Mr McCann will return to Britain this afternoon because of work commitments

Post  Guest on Wed 13 Jan - 22:53

viv wrote:in her own words:
http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2009/05/mccann-case-fiona-elaine-payne-rogatory.html
1485

“Okay. So I will ask you first of all to tell me a bit about yourself and your family?”

Reply

“Okay. Erm, erm, I’m thirty, I’ll work that out actually, I’m thirty-five years old. I work as an Anaesthetist at Leicester and Leicester Registrar.

and then a bit more...

1485

Iv"e just tried to wade through these questions and never heard such a stupid interview in all my life.No wonder
the LP interviews revealed nothing, the people being interviewed would have died of boredom. I wonder if it
was deliberate.?




“What is it you do for a living?”

Reply

“I’m an Anaesthetist, so I, erm, it combines a lot of different skills, we work in obstetrics, on labour ward doing epidurals, doing caesarean sections for women and we work on intensive care unit, in theatres, cover any need for, you know, resuscitation. So, yeah, it’s quite a stressful job and a busy job, erm, I enjoy it”.

1485

“And how long have you been”.

Reply

“Erm, I’ve been an Anaesthetist since about ninety-seven, erm, in Leicester”.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Mr McCann will return to Britain this afternoon because of work commitments

Post  Guest on Wed 13 Jan - 23:00

Thanks Beattie - and sorry Viv.

So she's still a registrar after 12 years (accepting that maternity leave might have interfered) - which means she's still a trainee. Slightly worrying.......

ETA - seven years is an indicative duration of training. Some trainees will complete it in less. If she started training in 1997 - she could have completed by 2003-2004 (and maternity leave wouldn't have been an issue?).

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Mr McCann will return to Britain this afternoon because of work commitments

Post  lea on Wed 13 Jan - 23:05

nostra wrote:Just a thought, what is the likelyhood of gerry returning to rothley to maybe clear/dispose of/hide something that shouldn't be there? If the preverbial shit really is about to hit the fan then who knows what the mcs have lurking around??


and what is it you think may need hiding?

lea
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 640
Age : 48
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Mr McCann will return to Britain this afternoon because of work commitments

Post  Lioned on Wed 13 Jan - 23:08

lea wrote:
nostra wrote:Just a thought, what is the likelyhood of gerry returning to rothley to maybe clear/dispose of/hide something that shouldn't be there? If the preverbial shit really is about to hit the fan then who knows what the mcs have lurking around??


and what is it you think may need hiding?

Wasn't there a jar on the mantlepiece ?

Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Age : 107
Location : Down South
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Mr McCann will return to Britain this afternoon because of work commitments

Post  Guest on Wed 13 Jan - 23:10

From friends who work for local NHS trusts - the trusts are quite strict in requiring staff to give notice of leave-taking, typically 6 weeks (for consultants). If Gerry expected the hearing to be over by today when he booked his leave - they may not allow him to extend it - and he's already "wasted" some leave when they went to Portugal for the hearing in December. Also, his employers may be suffering higher than usual staff absence beacuse of weather etc. Just a thought.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Mr McCann will return to Britain this afternoon because of work commitments

Post  lea on Wed 13 Jan - 23:12

Lioned wrote:
lea wrote:
nostra wrote:Just a thought, what is the likelyhood of gerry returning to rothley to maybe clear/dispose of/hide something that shouldn't be there? If the preverbial shit really is about to hit the fan then who knows what the mcs have lurking around??


and what is it you think may need hiding?

Wasn't there a jar on the mantlepiece ?

oh please dont start on the jar again

lea
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 640
Age : 48
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Mr McCann will return to Britain this afternoon because of work commitments

Post  nostra on Wed 13 Jan - 23:14

Lioned wrote:
lea wrote:
nostra wrote:Just a thought, what is the likelyhood of gerry returning to rothley to maybe clear/dispose of/hide something that shouldn't be there? If the preverbial shit really is about to hit the fan then who knows what the mcs have lurking around??


and what is it you think may need hiding?

Wasn't there a jar on the mantlepiece ?

well the possibilities are endless, there are so many game players in this, it would only take one incriminating letter/picture etc to start things unravelling.

nostra
Newbie
Newbie

Number of posts : 36
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-11-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Mr McCann will return to Britain this afternoon because of work commitments

Post  HiDeHo on Wed 13 Jan - 23:50

My thoughts are that is something as simple as being angry with Kate because of the 'dream' issue. (which we don't think he knew about)

He would have just found out that the UK press were 'running' it this morning and hadn't had time to calm down before arriving at court...Hence the anger in the morning interviews?

He needed to deny it in the afternoon interview. Can someone remind me who said the 'dream' comment?

I think he made the quick trip to get away from Kate and to do some damage control.

HiDeHo
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1541
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-29

http://madeleinemccann.aimoo.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Mr McCann will return to Britain this afternoon because of work commitments

Post  Alfiefinn on Wed 13 Jan - 23:56

HiDeHo - D'you mean who mentioned it in court yesterday? -if you do, I believe it was Ricardo Paiva

Alfiefinn
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1482
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Mr McCann will return to Britain this afternoon because of work commitments

Post  nostra on Wed 13 Jan - 23:58

unless i'm so tired that my eyes are playing tricks on me I cant seem to find it on Jon Di Paolo's twitter now but I believe it was Paiva.

nostra
Newbie
Newbie

Number of posts : 36
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-11-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Mr McCann will return to Britain this afternoon because of work commitments

Post  Alfiefinn on Thu 14 Jan - 0:00

nostra, pg 28 (or thereabouts)of yesterday's Sky live report thread (sticky)

Alfiefinn
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1482
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Mr McCann will return to Britain this afternoon because of work commitments

Post  HiDeHo on Thu 14 Jan - 0:01

I, too, thought it was Paiva and that is approximately when Kate whispered to Gerry, but , though I saved the screenshots I cannot find the comment!

HiDeHo
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1541
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-29

http://madeleinemccann.aimoo.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Mr McCann will return to Britain this afternoon because of work commitments

Post  nostra on Thu 14 Jan - 0:03

HiDeHo wrote:My thoughts are that is something as simple as being angry with Kate because of the 'dream' issue. (which we don't think he knew about)

He would have just found out that the UK press were 'running' it this morning and hadn't had time to calm down before arriving at court...Hence the anger in the morning interviews?

He needed to deny it in the afternoon interview. Can someone remind me who said the 'dream' comment?

I think he made the quick trip to get away from Kate and to do some damage control.

It's probably one of the most likely scenarios HiDeHo but personally I can't see It being that simple, there seems to have been a brainstorming session inbetween the dream comment and gerry easy jetting it back to rothley, I can't help but wonder if he's either got a final trick up his sleeve or is preparing for the worst case scenario.

nostra
Newbie
Newbie

Number of posts : 36
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-11-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Mr McCann will return to Britain this afternoon because of work commitments

Post  Alfiefinn on Thu 14 Jan - 0:05

HiDeHo - Just done a quick check -Kate smiling when Insp. Paiva gave his testimony is mentioned on pg 28 Sky Live report sticky

Alfiefinn
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1482
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Mr McCann will return to Britain this afternoon because of work commitments

Post  lynn on Thu 14 Jan - 0:06

The lady doth protest too much - Shakespeare quote!

lynn
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 928
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-03-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Mr McCann will return to Britain this afternoon because of work commitments

Post  nostra on Thu 14 Jan - 0:07

Alfiefinn wrote:nostra, pg 28 (or thereabouts)of yesterday's Sky live report thread (sticky)
Thanks Alfiefinn lol

nostra
Newbie
Newbie

Number of posts : 36
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-11-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Mr McCann will return to Britain this afternoon because of work commitments

Post  Guest on Thu 14 Jan - 0:08

I think Gerry just hightailed it back to his handlers err... lawyers.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Mr McCann will return to Britain this afternoon because of work commitments

Post  nostra on Thu 14 Jan - 0:15

roisin wrote:I think Gerry just hightailed it back to his handlers err... lawyers.
Or maybe to find new ones??

nostra
Newbie
Newbie

Number of posts : 36
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-11-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Mr McCann will return to Britain this afternoon because of work commitments

Post  oversoon on Thu 14 Jan - 0:19

McCanns' lawyer has already agreed with Amaral's lawyer that both of the Mcanns would be heard as witnesses.

If I was a judge, I would temporarily drop the book injunction and hold the case over until an appropriate date when Gerry could actually make arrangements to be be absent from his work ( "short notice" he claimed - he knew fully well a month ago this day was coming ).

His non-willingness to be heard and be cross-examined would be highly persuasive in my decision, at minimum.

oversoon
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 52
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-11-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Mr McCann will return to Britain this afternoon because of work commitments

Post  HiDeHo on Thu 14 Jan - 1:26

I still cannot find the comment about the dream!

Should I put it down to old age?

Did I imagine it?

HiDeHo
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1541
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-29

http://madeleinemccann.aimoo.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Mr McCann will return to Britain this afternoon because of work commitments

Post  Guest on Thu 14 Jan - 1:31

HiDeHo wrote:I still cannot find the comment about the dream!

Should I put it down to old age?

Did I imagine it?

Well, here's Gerry denying it today:

5:04

Twitter
jondipaolo:
He also rejected the testimony yesterday that Kate had had a dream about Madeleine lying buried somewhere, saying "that never happened"..

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Mr McCann will return to Britain this afternoon because of work commitments

Post  Sponsored content Today at 10:30


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum