Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Mr McCann will return to Britain this afternoon because of work commitments

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Mr McCann will return to Britain this afternoon because of work commitments

Post  nostra on Thu 14 Jan - 18:51

well said hobnob

nostra
Newbie
Newbie

Number of posts : 36
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-11-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Mr McCann will return to Britain this afternoon because of work commitments

Post  AnnaEsse on Thu 14 Jan - 18:57

Photon wrote:
nostra wrote:
eddie wrote:Twitter: 12th / 13th Jan

That's the last update from court for today. Back tomorrow morning.
about 7 hours ago from txt Mr McCann also rejected the charge that the trial was a bid to restrict freedom of speech, as has been claimed by Mr Amaral's supporters.
about 8 hours ago from web He added that although the testimony had favoured Mr Amaral's version of events, it still had not produced any evidence Madeleine was dead.
about 8 hours ago from web "That's why we carry on. We have other children who miss Madeleine dearly."
about 8 hours ago from web "I hope that everyone remembers that there is a little girl missing that still has to be found," Mr McCann continued.
about 8 hours ago from web He also rejected the testimony yesterday that Kate had had a dream about Madeleine lying buried somewhere, saying "that never happened"..
about 8 hours ago from web "We made a mistake by leaving Madeleine alone in the apartment, and we have to live with that. We can't change it," Mr McCann said.
about 8 hours ago from web Mr McCann added that mistakes were made during the investigation that now cannot be righted - but that was not the point of the court case.
about 8 hours ago from web "The search for Madeleine is ongoing. We don't have any leads and we need to keep searching."

there was a tweet from when it was actually said in court i'm sure of it

There was never a tweet from Jon di Paolo about it from court - I think we first caught wind of it from Joana's blog. Gerry's rejection (above) was also posted on this thread at 1.31 am today page 10

This is what I recorded on my blog yesterday, copying and pasting directly from what was being tweeted by Jon di Paolo.

"5.04: jondipaolo: "We made a mistake by leaving Madeleine alone in the apartment, and we have to live with that. We can't change it," Mr McCann said.

Comment: Finally, an admission that this was a mistake. However, the real victim here is Madeleine, not Kate and Gerry McCann.

5.04: jondipaolo: He also rejected the testimony yesterday that Kate had had a dream about Madeleine lying buried somewhere, saying "that never happened"..

Comment: So, Snr Paiva was lying?

5.07: jondipaolo: "I hope that everyone remembers that there is a little girl missing that still has to be found," Mr McCann continued.

Comment: Play to the emotions of the audience, Gerry!

5.07: jondipaolo: "That's why we carry on. We have other children who miss Madeleine dearly."

AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18459
Age : 105
Location : Casa Nostra
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Mr McCann will return to Britain this afternoon because of work commitments

Post  Guest on Thu 14 Jan - 19:02

Yes, that's what we have here, too, Anna - but we can't find anything in Paiva's testimony (from the day before) referring to Kate's dream. Possibly di Paolo didn't get round to tweeting that particular statement!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Mr McCann will return to Britain this afternoon because of work commitments

Post  Guest on Thu 14 Jan - 19:05

Time for a wee bit light relief, after all the excitement of the past three days......


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Mr McCann will return to Britain this afternoon because of work commitments

Post  AnnaEsse on Thu 14 Jan - 19:06

Photon wrote:Yes, that's what we have here, too, Anna - but we can't find anything in Paiva's testimony (from the day before) referring to Kate's dream. Possibly di Paolo didn't get round to tweeting that particular statement!

Thanks Photon.

AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18459
Age : 105
Location : Casa Nostra
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Mr McCann will return to Britain this afternoon because of work commitments

Post  RIORITA on Thu 14 Jan - 19:12

The Famous Grouse wrote:Time for a wee bit light relief, after all the excitement of the past three days......


RIORITA
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 797
Age : 72
Location : scotland
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-10-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Mr McCann will return to Britain this afternoon because of work commitments

Post  RIORITA on Thu 14 Jan - 19:13

My message was missing! Thanks TFG, beautiful....

RIORITA
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 797
Age : 72
Location : scotland
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-10-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Mr McCann will return to Britain this afternoon because of work commitments

Post  nostra on Thu 14 Jan - 19:41

Photon wrote:Yes, that's what we have here, too, Anna - but we can't find anything in Paiva's testimony (from the day before) referring to Kate's dream. Possibly di Paolo didn't get round to tweeting that particular statement!

I have no idea where I read it then, unless Jon di paolo/ sky news is frightened of libel and it's been deleted? Who knows where gerry has gone or why, maybe a super injunction is on the cards

nostra
Newbie
Newbie

Number of posts : 36
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-11-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Mr McCann will return to Britain this afternoon because of work commitments

Post  Wallflower on Fri 15 Jan - 11:39

Photon wrote:
viv wrote:
Photon wrote:From friends who work for local NHS trusts - the trusts are quite strict in requiring staff to give notice of leave-taking, typically 6 weeks (for consultants). If Gerry expected the hearing to be over by today when he booked his leave - they may not allow him to extend it - and he's already "wasted" some leave when they went to Portugal for the hearing in December. Also, his employers may be suffering higher than usual staff absence beacuse of weather etc. Just a thought.



and you say I sound like Rosie?

Are you still trying to tell us Fiona is a trainee anaesthetist when she tells us she is doing the most difficult work of all now and has been doing it since 1997!!! If you have friends in the NHS how forgetful they can be. I wonder is there is some reason certain folk may wish to play down the fact that Fiona is an anaesthetist of many years standing and that is how she met Kate, when she was also working as an anaesthetist, again if you trouble to look on the link that I so helpfully gave it says so! Of course, the McCanns did not drug their children now did they, Photon?

Yes Viv, I'm saying she's not completed the training, she's a Registrar (by her own admission) and works under supervision. Kate hasn't completed a course of anaesthetic training either. In fact, the only postgraduate training Kate has undertaken is GP training. You believe everything you read? No-one exaggerates, embellishes?? In fact, she's being somewhat misleading - could one say lying?? Obviously, she might be embarrased to admit that she's still a Registrar after 12 years (these are training posts, by the way). Possibly lying comes naturally to this lot.

Why do you find this so difficult to accept?? It's not too dis-similar to Bennett calling himself a solicitor - but at least Tony did make it on to the Solicitors' Roll. Fiona hasn't made it on to the medical equivalent of that for anaesthesia. Sinking in yet??

Photon: Would you possibly be able to provide a link to back this up? Or a cut and paste. Thank you. I don't see why they should be able to get away with lying like that.

Wallflower
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 757
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Mr McCann will return to Britain this afternoon because of work commitments

Post  Guest on Fri 15 Jan - 11:51

Hi Wallflower - from previous posts made on this thread:

She's neither a GP (not on GP register) nor an anaesthetist (not on specialist register):



and still registered under her maiden name.

viv wrote:in her own words:
http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2009/05/mccann-case-fiona-elaine-payne-rogatory.html
1485
“Okay. So I will ask you first of all to tell me a bit about yourself and your family?”

Reply
“Okay. Erm, erm, I’m thirty, I’ll work that out actually, I’m thirty-five years old. I work as an Anaesthetist at Leicester and Leicester Registrar.

and then a bit more...

1485

“What is it you do for a living?”

Reply

“I’m an Anaesthetist, so I, erm, it combines a lot of different skills, we work in obstetrics, on labour ward doing epidurals, doing caesarean sections for women and we work on intensive care unit, in theatres, cover any need for, you know, resuscitation. So, yeah, it’s quite a stressful job and a busy job, erm, I enjoy it”.

1485

“And how long have you been”.

Reply

“Erm, I’ve been an Anaesthetist since about ninety-seven, erm, in Leicester”.

Photon wrote:..You need to have completed SPECIALIST TRAINING to be entered on the appropriate register. It was not unusual to have pre-consultant posts of Senior Registrar (SR)* who had completed and been awarded their qualification and were therefore on the specialist register. It is mandatory for appointment to a consultant post to be on the appropriate register. The GMC link you posted above then goes on to say:

Doctors need to apply for entry onto the Specialist Register and meet the criteria set down in legislation. Some will have completed a period of formal specialist training in the UK certified by the Postgraduate Medical Education and Training Board (PMETB) or its predecessor the Specialist Training Authority (STA). Others will have been awarded qualifications in specialised medicine by an appropriate competent authority in other Member States of the European Economic Area. Others still will have been found eligible by the PMETB or the STA following an assessment of the specialist training undertaken and/or the specialist qualifications awarded in the UK or elsewhere.

If she's not on the specialist register, she's not completed specialist training - and can't call herself a Specialist. Applicants for Consultant posts must be on the register before they're appointed.

For Anaesthesia (from the Royal College of Anaesthetists):

The programme of training leading to a Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT) in Anaesthetics

Introduction
To obtain a UK CCT in anaesthetics a trainee has to follow a training programme with an indicative duration of seven years.

http://www.rcoa.ac.uk/index.asp?PageID=819

* Name may have changed recently, but the hierarchy is similar. SRs are/were, essentially, consultants in waiting.

Is this what you meant??

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Mr McCann will return to Britain this afternoon because of work commitments

Post  Wallflower on Fri 15 Jan - 12:18

Very, very interesting info Photon, thank you.

Whilst I could understand someone who was a trainee/registrar Anaesthatist saying they were - for simplicity's sake 'an anaesthatist'. I can also see why someone who had almost completed their training and who wanted to impress giving themselves the full title, before they'd quite attained it. But this: -

“Erm, I’ve been an Anaesthetist since about ninety-seven, erm, in Leicester”.

Is clearly a lie. The list of medical practitioners is current, Jan 2010. As you say, if she STILL isn't a registred specialist, how on earth could she truthfully say that she's been an anaesthatist since 1997? Still lots of people tell little white lies on their CVs (although I'm sure it's a risky thing to do in a profession like medicine where you should be vetted thoroughly), but there's usually a reason for it isn't there? Like wanting to impress, so that you can get yourself a better job. Or to cover up times where you've been unemployed. I can't imagine why Fiona would want to do that in an investigation into a missing child. It's not like the police were going to offer her a job....

Thanks again for posting that photon.

Viv: what do you have to say? Photon has provided ample proof that Fiona lied about her job status.

Wallflower
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 757
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Mr McCann will return to Britain this afternoon because of work commitments

Post  T4two on Fri 15 Jan - 14:34

re: Fiona Payne's job status: Well done Photon for clearing that up.

T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Age : 68
Location : Germany/England
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Mr McCann will return to Britain this afternoon because of work commitments

Post  Guest on Fri 15 Jan - 15:03

I think he is coming back because he will give himself a myocardial infarction if he stays and listens. Pity really, I feel that it could have tipped him over the edge, and would love to see BBC news showing him leaping across the courtroom and grabbing Mr Amaral by the throat :-)

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Mr McCann will return to Britain this afternoon because of work commitments

Post  Arguida on Fri 15 Jan - 15:18

hoof_hearted wrote:I think he is coming back because he will give himself a myocardial infarction if he stays and listens. Pity really, I feel that it could have tipped him over the edge, and would love to see BBC news showing him leaping across the courtroom and grabbing Mr Amaral by the throat :-)

That would have been lovely. Like all bullys Mr. McCann can't stand the heat.

Arguida
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 103
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Mr McCann will return to Britain this afternoon because of work commitments

Post  oliver on Fri 15 Jan - 15:37

oh its just all simply nonsense.
for those not in the know - the nhs would have given him compassionate leave at drop of the hat - without a shred of doubt.
for those in the know - a cardiologist is a cardiologist...nothing fancy and no pressing engagements another 1000 cardiologists cannot deal with. he is so righteous, opinionated, conceited, arrogant its a wonder WE have not had myocardial infarcts as a result of his testing, breathtakingly spectacular, negligent and odious behaviour.

oliver
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 197
Location : hampshire
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-11-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Mr McCann will return to Britain this afternoon because of work commitments

Post  Wallflower on Fri 15 Jan - 15:50

Oliver you just made me guffaw

Wallflower
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 757
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Mr McCann will return to Britain this afternoon because of work commitments

Post  AnnaEsse on Fri 15 Jan - 15:53

oliver wrote:oh its just all simply nonsense.
for those not in the know - the nhs would have given him compassionate leave at drop of the hat - without a shred of doubt.
for those in the know - a cardiologist is a cardiologist...nothing fancy and no pressing engagements another 1000 cardiologists cannot deal with. he is so righteous, opinionated, conceited, arrogant its a wonder WE have not had myocardial infarcts as a result of his testing, breathtakingly spectacular, negligent and odious behaviour.

Gerry very often looks like a little boy trying to prove he's above his mates: he sticks his chin in the air and looks down his nose so much he should be cross-eyed by now!

AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18459
Age : 105
Location : Casa Nostra
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Mr McCann will return to Britain this afternoon because of work commitments

Post  oliver on Fri 15 Jan - 15:56

eeeeuuuuuw!!!!!
and i guess a guffaw is better than an m.i.

oliver
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 197
Location : hampshire
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-11-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Mr McCann will return to Britain this afternoon because of work commitments

Post  HiDeHo on Fri 15 Jan - 16:00

nostra wrote:
HiDeHo wrote:I still cannot find the comment about the dream!

Should I put it down to old age?

Did I imagine it?

has anyone found it yet????????????????

I think those of us that remembered read about fduartecarvalho twitter..

Ricardo Paiva,inspector: the turning point was when he got a phone call from Kate. She was crying and asked him to look Maddie's body#mccann
9:14 AM Jan 12th from Echofon

I was beginning to think we had another (shhhh) 'fridge' memory failure!

******************************************


Last edited by HiDeHo on Fri 15 Jan - 16:26; edited 1 time in total

HiDeHo
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1541
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-29

http://madeleinemccann.aimoo.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Mr McCann will return to Britain this afternoon because of work commitments

Post  oliver on Fri 15 Jan - 16:05

nostra/photon

this is strange as i vividly remember the comment about the dream and the tweet via sky

oliver
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 197
Location : hampshire
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-11-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Mr McCann will return to Britain this afternoon because of work commitments

Post  Guest on Fri 15 Jan - 17:18

oliver wrote:nostra/photon

this is strange as i vividly remember the comment about the dream and the tweet via sky

Yes, Mr Paiva definitely said it and Jon diPaolo definitely tweeted it. Because I remember thinking when I saw it, oh yes! I had forgotton about the "dream" story!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Mr McCann will return to Britain this afternoon because of work commitments

Post  oliver on Fri 15 Jan - 17:27

paiva said it was his TURNING POINT

oliver
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 197
Location : hampshire
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-11-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Mr McCann will return to Britain this afternoon because of work commitments

Post  HiDeHo on Fri 15 Jan - 17:34

I took screenshots after every few tweets (for the entire three days) and I did not record it on Jon di Paolo tweets.

HiDeHo
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1541
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-29

http://madeleinemccann.aimoo.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Mr McCann will return to Britain this afternoon because of work commitments

Post  AnnaEsse on Fri 15 Jan - 17:40

HiDeHo wrote:I took screenshots after every few tweets (for the entire three days) and I did not record it on Jon di Paolo tweets.

I think the proof that it was mentioned is that Gerry refuted it when he talked about it and said, "It never happened."

AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18459
Age : 105
Location : Casa Nostra
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Mr McCann will return to Britain this afternoon because of work commitments

Post  HiDeHo on Fri 15 Jan - 17:51

HiDeHo wrote:
nostra wrote:
HiDeHo wrote:I still cannot find the comment about the dream!

Should I put it down to old age?

Did I imagine it?

has anyone found it yet????????????????

I think those of us that remembered read about fduartecarvalho twitter..

Ricardo Paiva,inspector: the turning point was when he got a phone call from Kate. She was crying and asked him to look Maddie's body#mccann
9:14 AM Jan 12th from Echofon

I was beginning to think we had another (shhhh) 'fridge' memory failure!

******************************************


Anna, I finally found it on fduartecarvalho twitter

HiDeHo
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1541
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-29

http://madeleinemccann.aimoo.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Mr McCann will return to Britain this afternoon because of work commitments

Post  Sponsored content Today at 3:05


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum