Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gerry McCann Hits Out At Book Claims

+29
suzyone
oliver
welshy
AnnaEsse
fred
keepingmum
Judge Dread
buildersbum
lynn
Alfiefinn
malena stool
bootsy
kitti
tabs
redtiger2
duncanmac
ann_chovey
4timesanan
Roasted Arizona
Lioned
tanszi
fishie
DGSx
Simon K
Keela
blossom45
Alpine Aster
roseland69
Annabel
33 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Gerry McCann Hits Out At Book Claims - Page 5 Empty Re: Gerry McCann Hits Out At Book Claims

Post  keepingmum Thu 14 Jan - 6:54

totally agree. I'm just leaving for the airport but today's Daily Wail takes a much more positive line this morning. Sorry haven't time to cut and paste but heading is Maddie snatch story was a fairytale, libel court told. That's more like it.
keepingmum
keepingmum
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 325
Warning :
Gerry McCann Hits Out At Book Claims - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Gerry McCann Hits Out At Book Claims - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-11-28

Back to top Go down

Gerry McCann Hits Out At Book Claims - Page 5 Empty Re: Gerry McCann Hits Out At Book Claims

Post  Guest Thu 14 Jan - 7:15

keepingmum wrote:totally agree. I'm just leaving for the airport but today's Daily Wail takes a much more positive line this morning. Sorry haven't time to cut and paste but heading is Maddie snatch story was a fairytale, libel court told. That's more like it.
Yesterday's, Wednesday's, Daily Express article was quite devestaing for Team McCann, Front page and pages 2+3, some of the regular features on normally printed on page 2 were held over to page 4.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Thu 14 Jan - 7:19

Gerry is like a spoiled child, he stamps his foot and shouts if things don't go his way. Think the whole McCann family are the same look at the delectable Philomenas comments on GMTV etc.
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :
Gerry McCann Hits Out At Book Claims - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Gerry McCann Hits Out At Book Claims - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 14 Jan - 7:20

Judge Dread wrote:... returning home is not a case of him running away, I think it possible he was strongly advised to return home.

We all know he is an arrogant loose cannon with a volatile temper and I think his legal advisers were quite rightly very concerned that if he did give evidence he would be torn to pieces by Amarals lawyer which might lead to good ol' Gerry letting something incriminating slip!

Be prepared for Kate to pull out next suffering with emotional stress!

Gerry McCann Hits Out At Book Claims - Page 5 25346

This is what I think. After his outburst at a journalist in the morning, I think his advisers probably thought it was too risky for him to take the stand. He's volatile and likely to come out with carp!
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 14 Jan - 8:48

AnnaEsse wrote:

This is what I think. After his outburst at a journalist in the morning, I think his advisers probably thought it was too risky for him to take the stand. He's volatile and likely to come out with carp!

I think they're more concerned that he might come out with the truth Gerry McCann Hits Out At Book Claims - Page 5 294124
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  suzyone Thu 14 Jan - 8:52

Yes, there is something more to Gerry returning home than meets the eye. Being advised by lawyers seems reasonable to me. They are clearly not getting the sympathy they hoped for.

It is the Gillian Taylforth effect all over again. Karma for trying to be too greedy....
suzyone
suzyone
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 138
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  welshy Thu 14 Jan - 8:58

Maybe all the patients under his care have read the headlines in the news and have requested that someone else look after them. He has now been called into work to talk his way out of a suspension until all this is cleared up through the courts. Wishfull thinking i know. Gerry McCann Hits Out At Book Claims - Page 5 25346
welshy
welshy
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 395
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post  fedrules Thu 14 Jan - 9:02

On Daily Telegraph website there's a very fair article relating the proceedings in court. McCann is quoted as saying that the detectives who are giving evidence supporting GA are the ones the McCanns rely upon to get the case investigated in Portugal. Another distortion of the facts by GM as GA and those defending him are no longer working in the P.J...
fedrules
fedrules
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1282
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post  nostra Thu 14 Jan - 9:06

suzyone wrote:Yes, there is something more to Gerry returning home than meets the eye. Being advised by lawyers seems reasonable to me. They are clearly not getting the sympathy they hoped for.

It is the Gillian Taylforth effect all over again. Karma for trying to be too greedy....
Hi Suzyone, surely he could talk with lawyers whilst in Portugal?? It seems a bit excessive to trael all the way back home under the circumstances for advice. I did however think along similar lines that maybe he is looking for a NEW legal team but again, i'm sure this could be done via phone/internet etc.
nostra
nostra

Number of posts : 36
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-11-29

Back to top Go down

Post  oliver Thu 14 Jan - 9:14

fedrules - ABSOLUTELY. it defies the meaning of brain cells.
oliver
oliver
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 197
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post  suzyone Thu 14 Jan - 9:16

Hi Nostra

No my thinking is that his lawyers have advised him to leave so he can't be questioned. He has done all the talking up till now, so maybe there was a fear he was about to be called out on something. Also leaving Kate behind on her own means she can play the fragile card.

Yes, I agree he can use the phone etc but that is logic and nothing is logical about this case.
suzyone
suzyone
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 138
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  fedrules Thu 14 Jan - 9:19

Another interesting quote from GM is that:'A thesis without evidence is meaningless'. Well, where is the evidence of abduction? All we have is a dubious sighting by a friend of the McCanns. I think the alerts by impartial sniffer dogs are far more reliable and , for me, the Smith family testimony clinched it..will that ever come out??
fedrules
fedrules
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1282
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post  nostra Thu 14 Jan - 9:21

suzyone wrote:Hi Nostra

No my thinking is that his lawyers have advised him to leave so he can't be questioned. He has done all the talking up till now, so maybe there was a fear he was about to be called out on something. Also leaving Kate behind on her own means she can play the fragile card.

Yes, I agree he can use the phone etc but that is logic and nothing is logical about this case.

True Suzyone, nothing is logical in this case and therein may lay the answers....to think outside the box. Am I right in thinking that Amaral/mccanns are not obliged to take the stand/give evidence? If they were both present and they were asked to take the stand would they be obliged? It would be the easiest thing he could have done if this is the case but I just can't see kate being in agreement with this and being left to pick up the pieces.
nostra
nostra

Number of posts : 36
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-11-29

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Thu 14 Jan - 9:42

At first I thought he was returning to sign a new gag to stop the reporting in the Uk. Which has hardly been favourable. I love the Mail's fairytale headline. But he was doing himself no favours out there so I agree that it is highly possible he has been advised to return home. He doesn't play well when the crowd is against him. More practice needed.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 14 Jan - 9:59

who in their right minds leaves a possible life changing libel case,with the worlds media spotlight on them to honour bloody work committments. I tend to agree with other posters that his tendency to showboat could have caused more than a few problems for his legal team. lets hope this fact isnt lost on the judge too.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 14 Jan - 10:28

Morning all, this may have been asked ans answered already so forgive me, but was Gerry back at work prior to this case? And if so, was it full-time?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Gerry McCann Hits Out At Book Claims - Page 5 Empty as above

Post  halfamo Thu 14 Jan - 10:33

Morning eddie,yes i believe he was back full time, its odd he could not get 3 days off for this ,he's had plenty of notice of court dates.
halfamo
halfamo
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1905
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 14 Jan - 10:42

halfamo wrote:Morning eddie,yes i believe he was back full time, its odd he could not get 3 days off for this ,he's had plenty of notice of court dates.

Hi Halfamo, yes well those are my thoughts exactly! If he was already back at work, full time, I am pretty sure he could've got 3-5 days off for something as important as this. I reckon he left because he knew he wouldn;t be able to control his temper.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5