Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

The chances of the McCanns winning the hearing. What do you think?

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The chances of the McCanns winning the hearing. What do you think?

Post  Lilemor on Sat 16 Jan - 9:27

Hello and good morning to all of you ,

What do you think?

Who will win?


The problem for me is that I don┤t know how justice works and what is important for the judge in this particular case.


Last edited by Lilemor on Sun 17 Jan - 1:02; edited 1 time in total

Lilemor
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1149
Location : Germany
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-13

Back to top Go down

Re: The chances of the McCanns winning the hearing. What do you think?

Post  Guest on Sat 16 Jan - 9:29

Nothin would surprise me, Lilemor. However it's important to remember that the McCanns themselves seem to think they've lost it. Else why would they be moving to Plan B?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The chances of the McCanns winning the hearing. What do you think?

Post  lynn on Sat 16 Jan - 9:34

It would not surprise me at all if the McCanns win. They have so much behind them and there is news to hand 'Madeleine McCann's parents to report Portuguese cop for breach of secrecy'. There should be more news on this later this evening.

lynn
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 928
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-03-13

Back to top Go down

Re: The chances of the McCanns winning the hearing. What do you think?

Post  Lilemor on Sat 16 Jan - 9:35

Yes, famous grouse.
And I assume the british media is trying to throw a smokescreen over the facts, perhaps.
Which is unsettling.

Lilemor
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1149
Location : Germany
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-13

Back to top Go down

Re: The chances of the McCanns winning the hearing. What do you think?

Post  Lilemor on Sat 16 Jan - 9:40

lynn wrote:It would not surprise me at all if the McCanns win. They have so much behind them and there is news to hand 'Madeleine McCann's parents to report Portuguese cop for breach of secrecy'. There should be more news on this later this evening.

But Lynn, they breached the secrecy, too.
Or not?
Kates SMS to Justine during Kates interrogation, Jane Tanner on Panorama....
And what about all the newspaper-articles during time of the investigation?

Lilemor
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1149
Location : Germany
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-13

Back to top Go down

Re: The chances of the McCanns winning the hearing. What do you think?

Post  AnnaEsse on Sat 16 Jan - 9:44

Lilemor wrote:
lynn wrote:It would not surprise me at all if the McCanns win. They have so much behind them and there is news to hand 'Madeleine McCann's parents to report Portuguese cop for breach of secrecy'. There should be more news on this later this evening.

But Lynn, they breached the secrecy, too.
Or not?
Kates SMS to Justine during Kates interrogation, Jane Tanner on Panorama....
And what about all the newspaper-articles during time of the investigation?

And what about when they gave out details of their daughter's disappearance, right at the beginning, against the advice of the Portuguese police?

AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18454
Age : 105
Location : Casa Nostra
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: The chances of the McCanns winning the hearing. What do you think?

Post  kitti on Sat 16 Jan - 9:53

Mr Amaral has NOT done anything wrong, the book is from the police files so he should NOT loose, simple as that.

kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13376
Age : 106
Location : London
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Re: The chances of the McCanns winning the hearing. What do you think?

Post  Guest on Sat 16 Jan - 9:56

kitti wrote:Mr Amaral has NOT done anything wrong, the book is from the police files so he should NOT loose, simple as that.

Sadly, kitti, nothing about this case seems to be simple.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The chances of the McCanns winning the hearing. What do you think?

Post  kitti on Sat 16 Jan - 10:00

But unfortunately it should be as simple as that, the mccanns are twisting things around, amaral is a lawyer, he isnt stupid, he knows when and where to publish a book and the ins and outs off the law.

If the judge goes against him it doesnt end here, its just another beginning, so someone should pass that on to the mccanns.

A new chapter for justice starts as soon as a verdict is accomplished.

TONY PARSONS SHOULD BE SUED...HE IS INSULTING THE PJ. AMARAL AND THE PORTUGUES PEOPLE, HE IS RACIST.

kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13376
Age : 106
Location : London
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Re: The chances of the McCanns winning the hearing. What do you think?

Post  buildersbum on Sat 16 Jan - 10:15

lynn wrote:It would not surprise me at all if the McCanns win. They have so much behind them and there is news to hand 'Madeleine McCann's parents to report Portuguese cop for breach of secrecy'. There should be more news on this later this evening.


If true why would the Mccanns put them selfs through another Court Case, it would be the same as this hearing were evidence would come out that they really didn't want anyone to hear, surely they cant be that stupid can they???

KEEP DIGGING THAT HOLE G&K

buildersbum
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1628
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-12-30

Back to top Go down

Re: The chances of the McCanns winning the hearing. What do you think?

Post  MaryB on Sat 16 Jan - 15:56

Well here's what I think for what it's worth. I think the book might well be banned. But because of secrecy not because of libel. Because the fact remains that the police conducting the investigation didn't believe in the abduction. Now that is a fact.

MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Re: The chances of the McCanns winning the hearing. What do you think?

Post  nospinnaker on Sat 16 Jan - 16:02

No they didn't believe in the abduction. They worked out that it was impossible. They spent a lot of time carefully checking everything, and they came to the conclusion that there was no abduction.

I agree with them. The evidence agrees with them. Oh there is evidence all right, not sufficiently conclusive for a criminal trial to convice, but its there. Dogs, blood, forensics, inconsistent statements, fibs about th3e checking, door closed or locked or ajar or whatever.

The PJ had very good grounds for not believing the fairy tale.

nospinnaker
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 188
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-11-08

Back to top Go down

Re: The chances of the McCanns winning the hearing. What do you think?

Post  kitti on Sat 16 Jan - 16:28

It WOULD surpise me if they did win.

kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13376
Age : 106
Location : London
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Re: The chances of the McCanns winning the hearing. What do you think?

Post  Lioned on Sat 16 Jan - 16:54

I'll be suprised if they 'loose'.Amaral has acused them of things for which they have not been found guilty in a court of law i.e that is libel.Hope i'm wrong offcourse.

Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Age : 107
Location : Down South
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Re: The chances of the McCanns winning the hearing. What do you think?

Post  Eve on Sat 16 Jan - 17:01



It will be interesting to see what does happen at the end of this case

Eve
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 225
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: The chances of the McCanns winning the hearing. What do you think?

Post  Guest on Sat 16 Jan - 17:28

MaryB wrote:Well here's what I think for what it's worth. I think the book might well be banned. But because of secrecy not because of libel. Because the fact remains that the police conducting the investigation didn't believe in the abduction. Now that is a fact.


I think that just has to be right, the judge cannot condone him discussing the contents of the police file in the book and coming to conclusions about an unsolved case. I would hope she may well say the McCanns did a good job of libelling themselves and were quite obviously briefing the press and making documentaries, every bit as bad as Goncalo. I would also hope she may well find that the McCanns were conducting an ugly campaign against the Pt police from the early hours of 4 May and Goncalo reacted to the abuse he was suffering. So do the McCanns deserve damages? I would not give them any but that is a matter for the judge.

In relation to the documentary, there was a crucial piece of evidence utterly damning to the McCanns on day 3, they actively prevented TVI from airing their own documentary to give a balanced view of the case, countering what Goncalo had to say. Now why would the do that? If I was the judge I would form the view that was because they planned a damages action in Portugal and putting their own documentary on in Portugal would spoil that case for them. In other words the McCanns are as bent as nine bob note!

I do not see any way that Goncalo will be allowed to carry on publishing his claims, but does that really mean he has lost?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The chances of the McCanns winning the hearing. What do you think?

Post  Guest on Sat 16 Jan - 17:37

viv they didnt keep their docu from being aired in portugal,it was aired on SIC TV, they just didnt want TVI to air it because it had aired GA's

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The chances of the McCanns winning the hearing. What do you think?

Post  kitti on Sat 16 Jan - 17:44

Lioned wrote:I'll be suprised if they 'loose'.Amaral has acused them of things for which they have not been found guilty in a court of law i.e that is libel.Hope i'm wrong offcourse.


Amaral hs NOT accused them off anything...the EVIDENCE has pointed to their guilt...simple.

kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13376
Age : 106
Location : London
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Re: The chances of the McCanns winning the hearing. What do you think?

Post  kitti on Sat 16 Jan - 17:47

viv wrote:
MaryB wrote:Well here's what I think for what it's worth. I think the book might well be banned. But because of secrecy not because of libel. Because the fact remains that the police conducting the investigation didn't believe in the abduction. Now that is a fact.


I think that just has to be right, the judge cannot condone him discussing the contents of the police file in the book and coming to conclusions about an unsolved case. I would hope she may well say the McCanns did a good job of libelling themselves and were quite obviously briefing the press and making documentaries, every bit as bad as Goncalo. I would also hope she may well find that the McCanns were conducting an ugly campaign against the Pt police from the early hours of 4 May and Goncalo reacted to the abuse he was suffering. So do the McCanns deserve damages? I would not give them any but that is a matter for the judge.

In relation to the documentary, there was a crucial piece of evidence utterly damning to the McCanns on day 3, they actively prevented TVI from airing their own documentary to give a balanced view of the case, countering what Goncalo had to say. Now why would the do that? If I was the judge I would form the view that was because they planned a damages action in Portugal and putting their own documentary on in Portugal would spoil that case for them. In other words the McCanns are as bent as nine bob note!

I do not see any way that Goncalo will be allowed to carry on publishing his claims, but does that really mean he has lost?



What claims?

The only thing amaral may be guilty off is COPYING and making sure everyone knew the FACTS about the case i.e. if you dont know where to look for the files then read the book...simple as that.

kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13376
Age : 106
Location : London
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Re: The chances of the McCanns winning the hearing. What do you think?

Post  Guest on Sun 17 Jan - 1:40

It is not a proven fact that "the little girl is dead" or that the McCanns disposed of her body, so technically that is most certainly libel.

I can assure you I do know an awful lot of facts and evidence about the case and have spent more hours over the last two and half years researching them than I would care to admit!

I think the trouble is some people have difficult deciding what facts are and at the end of the day, it is for a court of law to decide having heard all the evidence, not you or I or Goncalo Amaral!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The chances of the McCanns winning the hearing. What do you think?

Post  Guest on Sun 17 Jan - 1:44

But I thought the last 3 days was about Amaral APPEALING against a previous temporary judgment regarding banning of the book and documentary? This hasn't been about libel??

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The chances of the McCanns winning the hearing. What do you think?

Post  Guest on Sun 17 Jan - 1:47

The libel hearing is to follow on from that I understand, it is axiomatic that if Goncalo wins, there will be no libel hearing. But I think we need to bear in mind a court has already injuncted him pending that hearing, this is him appealing against that, so far as I understand it. Odd really that it turned out there was no plan for either him or the McCann to give evidence, particularly him!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The chances of the McCanns winning the hearing. What do you think?

Post  Guest on Sun 17 Jan - 3:05

viv wrote:It is not a proven fact that "the little girl is dead" or that the McCanns disposed of her body, so technically that is most certainly libel.

I can assure you I do know an awful lot of facts and evidence about the case and have spent more hours over the last two and half years researching them than I would care to admit!

I think the trouble is some people have difficult deciding what facts are and at the end of the day, it is for a court of law to decide having heard all the evidence, not you or I or Goncalo Amaral!

I'm prepared to stand in a witness box in a UK court and say that I'm of the opion that Maddy is dead and give my reasonoing for coming to that conclution.
I'll put my "house" and bank accountt on my train of though. Even my "life" if it gets to the "TRUTH".

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The chances of the McCanns winning the hearing. What do you think?

Post  Guest on Sun 17 Jan - 3:11

viv wrote:It is not a proven fact that "the little girl is dead" or that the McCanns disposed of her body, so technically that is most certainly libel.

I can assure you I do know an awful lot of facts and evidence about the case and have spent more hours over the last two and half years researching them than I would care to admit!

I think the trouble is some people have difficult deciding what facts are and at the end of the day, it is for a court of law to decide having heard all the evidence, not you or I or Goncalo Amaral!

Viv, no offence, but your style reminds me of "Anna raccoon" aka "carmen-curlers".

An educated but "blinkered" opinion, if I may say so. Also a "coonected" and "collaberative" view, if I've got things right.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The chances of the McCanns winning the hearing. What do you think?

Post  lea on Sun 17 Jan - 3:13

Laffin Assasin wrote:
viv wrote:It is not a proven fact that "the little girl is dead" or that the McCanns disposed of her body, so technically that is most certainly libel.

I can assure you I do know an awful lot of facts and evidence about the case and have spent more hours over the last two and half years researching them than I would care to admit!

I think the trouble is some people have difficult deciding what facts are and at the end of the day, it is for a court of law to decide having heard all the evidence, not you or I or Goncalo Amaral!

I'm prepared to stand in a witness box in a UK court and say that I'm of the opion that Maddy is dead and give my reasonoing for coming to that conclution.
I'll put my "house" and bank accountt on my train of though. Even my "life" if it gets to the "TRUTH".

i think its such a shame the dogs cant be used as evidence and the 15 out of 19 markers which would result in a prosecution in the uk and not in portugal is where the real truth lies,its such a shame for Amaral if he loses this case,after all his hard work and pressures he has endured through all of this.

lea
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 640
Age : 48
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-23

Back to top Go down

Re: The chances of the McCanns winning the hearing. What do you think?

Post  Sponsored content Today at 13:41


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum