Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

10th February in court

+22
Dimsie
fred
dumouchelwolf
Alfiefinn
jay2001
MaryB
tanszi
AnnaEsse
the one and only big_l
RIORITA
zodiac
ann_chovey
Lizzy11268
MJH1901
quickfingers
jinvta
welshy
oliver
lynn
buildersbum
Arsenal666
Faithlilly
26 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

10th February in court - Page 2 Empty Re: 10th February in court

Post  Lizzy11268 Tue 2 Feb - 10:15

jinvta wrote:
Lizzy11268 wrote:Yes, I hope we hear what goes on there. I wouldnt be surprised if we don't though.....there is SO much pressure around if anyone does anything that is perceived as "against" the family. Here's hoping.

I, Too, would like to see what GA has to say.

I wish I was very rich. I'd pay his court costs! 10th February in court - Page 2 294124

Well, the TM Fund is rich and hopefully it will have to pay Amaral's court costs!

I must say that I will lose all faith in the Portuguese justice system if Amaral loses this case. It is absurd to say that Amaral's book is stopping people from searching for Madeleine. Gerry and Kate never even bothered to look for her themselves on the night she went missing, and this was long before the book even came out.

It simply cannot be proven that Amaral's book has hindered the search. Certainly other actions by the McCanns themselves (not answering questions, not taking part in the reconstruction, not searching for Madeleine immediately when she went missing, but instead concocting a timeline, spending the majority of the fund on lawyers rather than the search) in addition to the LP not providing requested phone/medical/credit card records, have hindered the search more than Amaral's book.

Statistically, what is the probability that a child who went missing under suspicious circustances and is still missing nearly 3 years later is likely to be alive? Slim to none I would imagine, and nobody needs a book to tell them that. The McCanns expect the whold world to continue to fund the search forever for the daughter whom they themselves lost.

The McCanns need to walk the walk. If they expect others to give up their own free time to look for Madeleine then they need to get out there themselves and do some physical searching.

They need to do something thats for sure. I mean other than going to court and asking people for money.

I still think that what the money is spent on should be more transparent seeing as how it is, after all, money coming from well meaning members of the public.

I don't think we should get over concerned with the 10th - I am not convinced there is going to be a huge surprise there or anything like what we had last time. However if the full libel trial goes ahead, that will be interesting!

So, we won't know the outcome of this temporary injunction hearing, but presumably if the Mccanns lose, the book will go on sale? So we will know anyway?
Lizzy11268
Lizzy11268
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 426
Warning :
10th February in court - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 10010th February in court - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post  MJH1901 Tue 2 Feb - 10:26

I'm hoping whoever 'wins' will be free to shout it from the rooftops... if it's GA!

otherwise 10th February in court - Page 2 310216
MJH1901
MJH1901
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 696
Location : Scouseland - You don't have to be gullible or corrupt to support the McCanns, but - no sorry that's wrong you DO.
Warning :
10th February in court - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 10010th February in court - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Carolina Tue 2 Feb - 11:35

quickfingers wrote:On the first day of the last appearance in court didn't the McCann's lawyer ask for an additional witness Luis Frois to be heard? Also there was mention of Dave Edgar being called. Are these the final 2 witnesses? I know its been said here that the McCanns have no witnesses on this occasion but I do remember Luis Frois being mentioned.

Luís Frois is not a witness for the McCanns as was reported. This was a mistake. He is a witness for one of the other parties, either the publisher, producer or TVI, I can't remember which one. But I do know that the McCanns have no more witnesses to call.
Carolina
Carolina
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 874
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 2 Feb - 11:37

Carolina wrote:
quickfingers wrote:On the first day of the last appearance in court didn't the McCann's lawyer ask for an additional witness Luis Frois to be heard? Also there was mention of Dave Edgar being called. Are these the final 2 witnesses? I know its been said here that the McCanns have no witnesses on this occasion but I do remember Luis Frois being mentioned.

Luís Frois is not a witness for the McCanns as was reported. This was a mistake. He is a witness for one of the other parties, either the publisher, producer or TVI, I can't remember which one. But I do know that the McCanns have no more witnesses to call.

That makes more sense. I Googled a Luis Froes (alternative spelling) and found a TV producer based in Portugal.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 2 Feb - 11:48

If the libel trial goes ahead just imagine the witnesses Sr Amaral will call, that would be far more revealing than the injunction hearing. I think McTwat hot footed it back to UK when he found out about the Sky and Twitter feeds, he was ready to combust. I think they will try a super injunction to stop it happening again. I truly believe they were warned off going to court against Sr Amaral, but McTwat being the narcissist he is wouldnt listen, he sees Amaral as his nemesis. The leak we had about Pinky advising against it was either Pinky trying to distance himself from the fall out or it was a warning shot across the bows from higher up. I believe McTwats arrogance will be his undoing.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 2 Feb - 11:50

Those three days in Court were the worst three days the McCann's have had to suffer in the publics eye. Things repeated that they wish never were, now what would happen if they decided to drop this case, as Goncalo has said he will take it all the way to the European Court.

Also if it is true about Robert Murat suing Tanner, this could possibly implicate the 3 other Tapas members that confronted him at the Police station, wonder if they have asked for their donations back because they need it for lawyers.

It would be interesting to know which lawsuit came first, The McCann's v Amaral or Robert Murat v Jane Tanner and co. If they started proceedings before Robert then obviously Robert starting proceedings has been a mortal shock to the Tapas group and their pact of silence.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Lizzy11268 Tue 2 Feb - 11:53

I know very little about the Murat v Tanner case. Is he suing HER for libel?

Edit to add: Or is it unsubstantiated so we don't know?
Lizzy11268
Lizzy11268
Elite Member
Elite Member

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 2 Feb - 11:56

I don't know much about it Lizzy11268, but I think it might be being heard in a criminal court and not a civil one.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Lizzy11268 Tue 2 Feb - 11:57

Thanks bren.

Waiting game then....
Lizzy11268
Lizzy11268
Elite Member
Elite Member

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 2 Feb - 11:58

Would be interesting to find out though, which case got filed first, McCann's or Robert's. Because if it was the McCann's that case has definitely put a spanner in the works for the McCann's and Tapas members, if the reports are true.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 2 Feb - 11:58

where is it reported that murat is suing JT?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  ann_chovey Tue 2 Feb - 12:01

[quote="lnorton Never forget that on the day Amaral was removed from the case Gordon Brown made a call to confirm that this had happened.[/quote]

Brown knew before Amaral, that does stink!
ann_chovey
ann_chovey
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2529
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  zodiac Tue 2 Feb - 12:18

Hopefully we will not have to just rely on JondiPaolo from Sky. fduartecarvalho a journalist in Lisbon also twittered in English. Here are some from the hearing in Jan. 2010:

Publisher Sena Lopes: The book was published on July 2008, but it was only a coincidence that the case was closed days before. #mccann
11:32 AM Jan 13th from web
Reply Retweet Publisher Sena Lopes: We were negotiating a UK edition when the injunction was granted #mccann
10:17 AM Jan 13th from Echofon
Reply Retweet Phones are not allowed to be switched on inside court room. But Gerry, Kate and translator are using theirs continuously... #mccann
5:37 AM Jan 13th from Echofon
Reply Retweet
Moita Flores: For someone to escape by that window with a child he would have to have either 4 arms or 4 legs #mccann
5:31 AM Jan 13th from Echofon
Reply Retweet #mccann "Uma cunha para Gonçalo Amaral". A juíza filha de antigo Procurador-Geral da República, Cunha Rodrigues: http://bit.ly/7mYQ6r
5:55 PM Jan 12th from Echofon
Reply Retweet @Portweetgal The Sky News reporter wasn't there during LNeves testemony
@Portweetgal Luís Neves did went today and said that sometimes they know the facts, but have no evidences
11:51 AM Jan 12th from Echofon in reply to Portweetgal
Reply Retweet #mccann RT @fduartecarvalho: Luís Neves: Sometimes we know how things were done, but we can't prove it.
10:39 AM Jan 12th from Echofon
Reply Retweet Luís Neves: Sometimes we know how things were done, but we can't prove it.
10:39 AM Jan 12th from Echofon
Reply Retweet Ricardo Paiva,inspector: the turning point was when he got a phone call from Kate. She was crying and asked him to look Maddie's body#mccann
9:14 AM Jan 12th from Echofon
Reply Retweet
zodiac
zodiac
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1248
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 2 Feb - 12:23

thanks, i knew about blacksmiths post, no disrespect but i will believe it when i see it in the papers-well not just because its in the papers lol you know what i mean
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 2 Feb - 13:02

lnorton wrote:Never forget that on the day Amaral was removed from the case Gordon Brown made a call to confirm that this had happened.

Seriously, without getting too into politics, has GB ever made a good decision? Absolutely terrible that GA was taken off the investigation, helped perhaps in part by the media that was portrayed in the UK press of GA being a wine guzzling, long lunch taking, shyster who couldnt care less. That image couldnt have been further from the truth IMHO.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Tue 2 Feb - 13:14

vengefulangel wrote:
lnorton wrote:Never forget that on the day Amaral was removed from the case Gordon Brown made a call to confirm that this had happened.

Seriously, without getting too into politics, has GB ever made a good decision? Absolutely terrible that GA was taken off the investigation, helped perhaps in part by the media that was portrayed in the UK press of GA being a wine guzzling, long lunch taking, shyster who couldnt care less. That image couldnt have been further from the truth IMHO.

I think those long lunches could have been working lunches. At the beginning of the investigation, there were police officers camped out in an apartment, sleeping on almost any flat surface, queuing for the bathroom each morning. It might be logical for them to have lunch in a bar or restaurant and, since they were really working under pressure, to work through lunch.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Fri 5 Feb - 13:40

It's this Wednesday then. What's to bet it won't even get a mention in the papers. Until afterwards and that's only if it goes the McCanns way.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Fri 5 Feb - 13:54

MaryB wrote:It's this Wednesday then. What's to bet it won't even get a mention in the papers. Until afterwards and that's only if it goes the McCanns way.

Very true. I bet the McCanns don't appear in person this time, after Gerrys little tantrum last time.
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  dumouchelwolf Fri 5 Feb - 16:15

Roll on Wednesday.

I hope it is on twitter, I hope it goes well for Sr Amaral and the macs come out of court (if they go) with their tails between their legs. 10th February in court - Page 2 25346
dumouchelwolf
dumouchelwolf
Reg Member
Reg Member

Female
Number of posts : 237
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post  RIORITA Fri 5 Feb - 16:35

I'm going to be sssooooooo frustrated next week as I'll be in a village
with no internet access and will therefore have to wait for two weeks
to find out what is happening. Unless I hike 60 miles down the mountain
or get a goat to take me down!! 10th February in court - Page 2 83637
RIORITA
RIORITA
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 797
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post  the one and only big_l Fri 5 Feb - 16:39

RIORITA wrote:I'm going to be sssooooooo frustrated next week as I'll be in a village
i,m sure gerry mccann and his mates have a few goats spare .
the one and only big_l
the one and only big_l
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 727
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Fri 5 Feb - 16:40

I've got to be at work. Drat!
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Fri 5 Feb - 20:18

Ive would be surprised if the McCanns dont go. Theyre following what they think is the money. I dont understand why they didnt travel a few miles further on, maybe ten or so to the lawless outlaying villages, where their loved daughter is allegedly being held. Oops, Kate didnt have the time, working hard arranging that star studded gala.

That Gala might not have been necessary if they had gone and looked where Edgar keeps saying she is being hidden. That is if you discredit the dogs ............
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  dumouchelwolf Fri 5 Feb - 20:45

RIORITA wrote:I'm going to be sssooooooo frustrated next week as I'll be in a village

10th February in court - Page 2 294124 Poor you or should I say lucky to get away for a while. Take a cell phone then you call the Daily express

I will be on twitter all day providing it is on 10th February in court - Page 2 929468
dumouchelwolf
dumouchelwolf
Reg Member
Reg Member

Female
Number of posts : 237
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next