Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The John Terrys a W*nker and a racist ? Thread

+6
wjk
Panda
buildersbum
kitti
FSoares
Alpine Aster
10 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

The John Terrys a W*nker and a racist ?  Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The John Terrys a W*nker and a racist ? Thread

Post  Lioned Wed 1 Feb - 18:51

The Chelsea defender will now be available for selection by England boss Fabio Capello, who has always maintained that Terry is innocent until proven guilty.

Terry, 31, is accused of a racially-aggravated public order offence over video footage which appears to show him shout an offensive comment at QPR defender Ferdinand during a Premier League match back in October.

The Chelsea defender did not attend the first hearing in the case at Westminster Magistrates' Court in London on Wednesday, but his barrister, George Carter-Stephenson QC, entered a not-guilty plea on his behalf.

District Judge Howard Riddle ordered that he should stand trial in the week beginning July 9 after hearing that a number of other Chelsea players would not be able to appear as witnesses until the end of the football season.

The final of Euro 2012, which is being hosted by Poland and Ukraine, takes place on July 1.

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/889063-john-terry-racism-case-to-take-place-after-euro-2012-finals#ixzz1l9o37coQ
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :
The John Terrys a W*nker and a racist ?  Thread - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The John Terrys a W*nker and a racist ?  Thread - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

The John Terrys a W*nker and a racist ?  Thread - Page 3 Empty Terry Stripped Off Captaincy

Post  cherry1 Fri 3 Feb - 20:15

John Terry has been stripped of the England captaincy for the second time in his career.
Terry was called at just before 10am this morning by Football Association chairman David Bernstein to announce the decision of the FA board.
And it places the FA on a collision course with manager Fabio Capello, who had told the FA he still wanted Terry to be his captain at the European Championships in the summer.

Capello reiterated that fact to Terry as recently as Thursday night, after news began leaking from the FA that he was facing the sack as England captain.
Terry will now take time to consider whether he wants to represent his country at all in the summer, but he will not be rushed into a decision.

Capello will have to appoint a new skipper but Rio Ferdinand, who succeeded Terry the last time he had the armband taken away, is not prepared to step in this time around.
He used his Twitter account to say: 'I don't want to be England captain after the last episode, just want to concentrate on playing for United and if I make the squad then as ever I'll be delighted.'

Terry is due to stand trial on July 9, accused of racially abusing Rio's brother, Queens Park Rangers defender Anton Ferdinand.

And since a court date was set for after the European Championships, he has faced repeated calls to be stood down as England captain

Mail Online

cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6529
Warning :
The John Terrys a W*nker and a racist ?  Thread - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The John Terrys a W*nker and a racist ?  Thread - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2012-02-03

Back to top Go down

The John Terrys a W*nker and a racist ?  Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The John Terrys a W*nker and a racist ? Thread

Post  Lillyofthevalley Fri 3 Feb - 20:28

cherry1 wrote:John Terry has been stripped of the England captaincy for the second time in his career.
Terry was called at just before 10am this morning by Football Association chairman David Bernstein to announce the decision of the FA board.
And it places the FA on a collision course with manager Fabio Capello, who had told the FA he still wanted Terry to be his captain at the European Championships in the summer.

Capello reiterated that fact to Terry as recently as Thursday night, after news began leaking from the FA that he was facing the sack as England captain.
Terry will now take time to consider whether he wants to represent his country at all in the summer, but he will not be rushed into a decision.

Capello will have to appoint a new skipper but Rio Ferdinand, who succeeded Terry the last time he had the armband taken away, is not prepared to step in this time around.
He used his Twitter account to say: 'I don't want to be England captain after the last episode, just want to concentrate on playing for United and if I make the squad then as ever I'll be delighted.'

Terry is due to stand trial on July 9, accused of racially abusing Rio's brother, Queens Park Rangers defender Anton Ferdinand.

And since a court date was set for after the European Championships, he has faced repeated calls to be stood down as England captain

Mail Online

Nice to see you back on the footy/Terry threads cherry The John Terrys a W*nker and a racist ?  Thread - Page 3 25346
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Fri 3 Feb - 20:46

Hi Lilly, many thanks, I'm sure I'll be around this section a lot! The John Terrys a W*nker and a racist ?  Thread - Page 3 294124
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Fri 13 Jul - 18:44

Well He's still a W*nker in my book but apparently not a racist.No doubt he's got loads of black mates who will swear to that.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Fri 13 Jul - 19:53

Like Ashley Cole - I dont think anyone could believe him as far as you could throw him!
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Sat 14 Jul - 18:10

Terry Admitted the racist abusive comments he made (but said he was simply repeating the words after being falsely accused of saying them!!)

The judge said there was not enough evidece to prove beyond reasonable doubt that Terry was guilty so the only verdict the court can record is one of not guilty. The judge actually said that Terry's explanation is certainly under the cold light of forensic examination, unlikely. It is not the most ovious response.

It is worth noting, however, that Terry had initially denied using the offending expression. Immediately after the incident, sources close to the Chelsea captain were briefing journalists that what he actually said was 'blind' so and so, not 'black'.

It was only after TV coverage was posted on YOUTUBE that Terry put his hands up.

The above shows us just what kind of person he is, he denied what he said, only admitted it when he had no choice as posted on YouTube and concocted some cock and bull story to try and get out of it, which clearly the judge did not seem to believe but not enough evidence the judge to convict him.

cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Sat 14 Jul - 22:28

Black footballers across the country have expressed concerns after Chelsea captain John Terry was sensationally acquitted of racism.
The former England captain marched out of court in silence yesterday after a judge said it was impossible to prove he was guilty.
The verdict wipes the slate clean for the controversial Chelsea player and he is expected to fight to lead his country once again.

Many black British players remain unconvinced and have taken to social networks like Twitter to vent their frustration.
Cameron Jerome who plays for premiership club Stoke City tweeted: 'Very interesting verdict say no more about the uk justice system then. May as well go behave how we want people.
'May as well go rob a bank and when I get caught just say was only banter and they started it by calling me names lol.'
And Fitz Hall, a midfielder, who last season played for Queens Park Rangers Tweeted ' Shock, F***ing Joke'.
'I'm afraid for John Terry this is only half-time. This is not over': The BBC's Garth Crooks
Former Manchester United and Tottenham striker Garth Crooks turned BBC sports pundit claimed Terry will now be under examination from the Football Association, despite his criminal acquittal.
He said: ‘He’s still under investigation by the FA based on what he’s admitted — saying those words. I’m afraid for John Terry this is only half-time. This is not over.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2172940/John-Terry-trial-verdict-NOT-GUILTY-Chelsea-captain-acquitted-racially-abusing-Anton-Ferdinand.html?ICO=most_read_module
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Sat 14 Jul - 22:48

cherry1 wrote:Black footballers across the country have expressed concerns after Chelsea captain John Terry was sensationally acquitted of racism.
The former England captain marched out of court in silence yesterday after a judge said it was impossible to prove he was guilty.
The verdict wipes the slate clean for the controversial Chelsea player and he is expected to fight to lead his country once again.

Many black British players remain unconvinced and have taken to social networks like Twitter to vent their frustration.
Cameron Jerome who plays for premiership club Stoke City tweeted: 'Very interesting verdict say no more about the uk justice system then. May as well go behave how we want people.
'May as well go rob a bank and when I get caught just say was only banter and they started it by calling me names lol.'
And Fitz Hall, a midfielder, who last season played for Queens Park Rangers Tweeted ' Shock, F***ing Joke'.
'I'm afraid for John Terry this is only half-time. This is not over': The BBC's Garth Crooks
Former Manchester United and Tottenham striker Garth Crooks turned BBC sports pundit claimed Terry will now be under examination from the Football Association, despite his criminal acquittal.
He said: ‘He’s still under investigation by the FA based on what he’s admitted — saying those words. I’m afraid for John Terry this is only half-time. This is not over.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2172940/John-Terry-trial-verdict-NOT-GUILTY-Chelsea-captain-acquitted-racially-abusing-Anton-Ferdinand.html?ICO=most_read_module

Thats a bit stupid !
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Sat 14 Jul - 22:57

I see what he means but probably not a great analogy.

The John Terrys a W*nker and a racist ?  Thread - Page 3 36898
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Thu 27 Sep - 22:22

So Terry gets done by the FA for racial abuse of another player,Anton Ferdinand, and a 4 Match ban and £220,000 fine.Terry was found not guilty in a Court for this offence so whats different about the FA.
Well they are a bunch of fat bloated old men full of their own importance,thats what.Not that i am a big fan of Terry's as you may have gathered but i do think he's been stitched up here.
Not that a £220K fine should break his bank account anyway,maybe his mum will have to go back to shoplifting or his dad could sell a few more pills or perhaps he'll just run a few extra tours of the bridge.

There is an issue about racism but 'sportsmanship' has been part of the game for years as it has in cricket where it goes on regularly..............

Sledging is a term used in cricket to describe the practice whereby some players seek to gain an advantage by insulting or verbally intimidating the opposing player. The purpose is to try to weaken the opponent's concentration, thereby causing him to make mistakes or underperform. It can be effective because the batsman stands within hearing range of the bowler and certain close fielders; and vice-versa. The insults may be direct or feature in conversations among fielders designed to be overheard.

There is debate in the cricketing world as to whether this constitutes poor sportsmanship or good-humoured banter. Sledging is often mistaken for abuse, and whilst comments aimed as sledges do sometimes cross the line into personal abuse, this is not usually the case. Sledging is usually simply an often humorous, sometimes insulting attempt at distraction. Former Australian captain Steve Waugh referred to the practice as 'mental disintegration'.

The word 'black' is clearly taboo in the context of an insult aimed at a black player but would it be considered rasist for a black player to call a white player "you white barsteward" for instance ?
Is the emphasis on 'black' necessary or not,well offcourse it isn't but in the heat of the moment a black player is black and a white player is white,so what ?

I have seen films and read how footballers are at each others throats in the tunnel before they enter the playing area,it is all about intimidating the opposition to gain an advantage.The crowds play their part as well,which i have seen more than adequately demonstrated at Millwall.

Why would it bother me if someone calls me a white so and so,well it wouldn't,not the white bit anyway,it would bother me more if some bully kicked me in the nuts when the ref wasn't looking.I think some perspective is required here.

Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Thu 27 Sep - 23:20

I dont understand how Terry got off in a court of law, he did say racist abuse,
so I think the FA are right not letting him get away with it. He is too big for his
boots, and imo doesnt deserve to be a Captain, he does not set a good example. The John Terrys a W*nker and a racist ?  Thread - Page 3 36898
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Thu 27 Sep - 23:30

cherry1 wrote:I dont understand how Terry got off in a court of law, he did say racist abuse,
so I think the FA are right not letting him get away with it. He is too big for his
boots, and imo doesnt deserve to be a Captain, he does not set a good example. The John Terrys a W*nker and a racist ?  Thread - Page 3 36898

He certainly doesn't set a good example.I guess he knew what his punishment would be so thats why he gave up on the International scene.
I think he admited 'abuse' but not in a racial context so maybe the FA got him on that rather than the 'racisn', i've not read the findings yet.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Thu 27 Sep - 23:35

yes could well be - wonder if Chelsea will take the Captaincy of him.
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Thu 27 Sep - 23:50

I think white people (and I'm as white as it gets as when I'm tanned I'm just a little less pale) can never understand the hurt of a racial verbal abuse because we haven't been through what black people have been through. I would never be offended if I was called a white something. But I also never had a relative hanged because of the colour of their skin.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7007
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3