Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

McCanns will not fly to Lisbon next week (verdict)

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: McCanns will not fly to Lisbon next week (verdict)

Post  ann_chovey on Sun 14 Feb - 10:56

Peters and Lee also recorded Suspicious Minds, on their albumn...'Rainbow'......you couldn't make it up! (Lee + Rainbow , anyone)?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1VxTfDAov4

ann_chovey
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2516
Location : France
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns will not fly to Lisbon next week (verdict)

Post  Alfiefinn on Sun 14 Feb - 11:06

Thanks Ann for both the trip down memory lane and for your ace bit of detective work about their album Rainbow - no, you really couldn't make it up

By the way, just in case theres any confusion, I would like to add that my memories of Peters and Lee spring from when I was a VERY tiny baby being nursed in my mother's arms - I am obviously not old enough to remember them winning 'Opportunity Knocks' on a Monday evening, before 'Coronation Street' at 7.30pm on ITV and 'Alias Smith and Jones' at 8pm on BBC 2 . Oh dear me no. Definitely not.

Just wanted to clear that up

Alfiefinn
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1482
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns will not fly to Lisbon next week (verdict)

Post  Guest on Sun 14 Feb - 11:13

AnnaEsse

Yes youtube is great although some elements like the young lad committing suicide and what was it called "Hoodie bashing" where a gang
of monsters would beat up a totally innocent lad and be photographed.Sometimes it"s majic, like the Army lads in Afghanistan doing a take
on Peter Kay"s "Show me the way to Amarillo".

I"m sure mccannfiles will have stored every interview the McCanns gave in the event a trial does take place.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns will not fly to Lisbon next week (verdict)

Post  Guest on Sun 14 Feb - 11:17

Alfiefinn wrote:Thanks Ann for both the trip down memory lane and for your ace bit of detective work about their album Rainbow - no, you really couldn't make it up

By the way, just in case theres any confusion, I would like to add that my memories of Peters and Lee spring from when I was a VERY tiny baby being nursed in my mother's arms - I am obviously not old enough to remember them winning 'Opportunity Knocks' on a Monday evening, before 'Coronation Street' at 7.30pm on ITV and 'Alias Smith and Jones' at 8pm on BBC 2 . Oh dear me no. Definitely not.

Just wanted to clear that up
:

Alfie, with a memory like that from such a tender age you show have been on the Leslie Welch show. Bet your"e a walking encyclopedia,

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns will not fly to Lisbon next week (verdict)

Post  Guest on Sun 14 Feb - 11:29

Alfiefinn wrote:Beattie, stick glasses on 'Mr Big' and a blonde wig on Izzy Duarte and you'd have Peters and Lee - Remember them?

Nah - Peters and Lee had talent!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns will not fly to Lisbon next week (verdict)

Post  Alfiefinn on Sun 14 Feb - 11:51

Hey TGF

Maybe Izzy and Biggie do (I admit it's a tall order) - perhaps we should ask them to sing next time the McCanns visit Portugal

Just don't expect them to cover Barbra Streisand's 'Guilty' or 'I Fought the Law, and the Law Won'

Alfiefinn
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1482
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns will not fly to Lisbon next week (verdict)

Post  AnnaEsse on Sun 14 Feb - 12:00

Alfiefinn wrote:Hey TGF

Maybe Izzy and Biggie do (I admit it's a tall order) - perhaps we should ask them to sing next time the McCanns visit Portugal

Just don't expect them to cover Barbra Streisand's 'Guilty' or 'I Fought the Law, and the Law Won'

We need a song with a title like, "Geeza Job."

AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18454
Age : 105
Location : Casa Nostra
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns will not fly to Lisbon next week (verdict)

Post  Guest on Sun 14 Feb - 12:09

Beattie wrote: Freja 53

We know that the McCanns knew Gordon Brown and his wife before the holiday. We also know that Tony Blair was Prime Minister at the
time Madeleine went missing and it was he who got the British Embassy involved so quickly . I think the likes of Richard Branson, Philip Green
etc got involved for Kudos and Madeleine was such a pretty child with Parents who are Doctors that everyone assumed they were
innocent. It is likely that the Government did interfere but for what reason I do not know and doubt pedophilia or Freemasonry is
involved.

Do we have proof of that ? I thought Brown used the term "friends in Common". As in a indirect link not a direct one.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns will not fly to Lisbon next week (verdict)

Post  Guest on Sun 14 Feb - 12:15

Alfiefinn wrote:Thanks Ann for both the trip down memory lane and for your ace bit of detective work about their album Rainbow - no, you really couldn't make it up

By the way, just in case theres any confusion, I would like to add that my memories of Peters and Lee spring from when I was a VERY tiny baby being nursed in my mother's arms - I am obviously not old enough to remember them winning 'Opportunity Knocks' on a Monday evening, before 'Coronation Street' at 7.30pm on ITV and 'Alias Smith and Jones' at 8pm on BBC 2 . Oh dear me no. Definitely not.

Just wanted to clear that up

Your starting to sound like the Tapasnicks, shuffeling your TIMELINE

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns will not fly to Lisbon next week (verdict)

Post  Guest on Sun 14 Feb - 12:16

Alfiefinn wrote:Hey TGF

Maybe Izzy and Biggie do (I admit it's a tall order) - perhaps we should ask them to sing next time the McCanns visit Portugal

Just don't expect them to cover Barbra Streisand's 'Guilty' or 'I Fought the Law, and the Law Won'

Effect

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns will not fly to Lisbon next week (verdict)

Post  jimuck on Sun 14 Feb - 12:30

Marky wrote:
Freja53 wrote:Maybe a Tapas 7, or a senior police officer, (like the associate FBI Director in the Watergate scandal) will be our "Deep Throat"?

if this was to happen i think we would have heard from him/her by now. as for protection, nah. i think both police forces have a pretty good idea what happened but what evidence they have won't stand up in court.

this case will probably open up one day but only from the inside.


I think there was enough evidence to charge them , as Martin Brunt announced on Sky News,, Kate MaCann will be charged this morning ,the footage can be seen on YouTube.

There was also the British police officer(cant remember his name at the moment) who also stated that he had charged people with less evidence.

Within hours of the Martin Brunt announcement the MaCanns were aboard Easy Jet flying home, WHO the hell authorised their release from Portugal.

I believe the evidence is there to prove Madeleine is dead and i believe the evidence is there to make charges, so why have they not being charged ?.

I think when this comes out ,and it will, some very powerful heads will roll.

jimuck
Elite Member
Elite Member

Male
Number of posts : 302
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-11-12

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns will not fly to Lisbon next week (verdict)

Post  ann_chovey on Sun 14 Feb - 12:46

jimuck wrote:
Marky wrote:
Freja53 wrote:Maybe a Tapas 7, or a senior police officer, (like the associate FBI Director in the Watergate scandal) will be our "Deep Throat"?

if this was to happen i think we would have heard from him/her by now. as for protection, nah. i think both police forces have a pretty good idea what happened but what evidence they have won't stand up in court.



this case will probably open up one day but only from the inside.


I think there was enough evidence to charge them , as Martin Brunt announced on Sky News,, Kate MaCann will be charged this morning ,the footage can be seen on YouTube.

There was also the British police officer(cant remember his name at the moment) who also stated that he had charged people with less evidence.

Within hours of the Martin Brunt announcement the MaCanns were aboard Easy Jet flying home, WHO the hell authorised their release from Portugal.

I believe the evidence is there to prove Madeleine is dead and i believe the evidence is there to make charges, so why have they not being charged ?.

I think when this comes out ,and it will, some very powerful heads will roll.

GB sent David Miliband and 'hey presto'....

http://www.independent.ie/world-news/europe/mccanns-appeal-to-uk-foreign-office-to-prevent-injustice-1074436.html

The couple, who spoke with Mr Miliband last month, will urge him this week to step in "with any help he can," said a friend of the couple.

Mr McCann's sister, said of her brother: "He is a bit distressed and very tired. But he is adamant that he has done nothing wrong."

She said the couple were worried it would appear as if they were "running scared" if they returned to Britain.

The couple spent Saturday at a rented villa in Praia da Luz with their two-year-old twins, Amelie and Sean. The Foreign Office was last night described as "firing on all cylinders" in its efforts to help the McCanns.

ann_chovey
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2516
Location : France
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns will not fly to Lisbon next week (verdict)

Post  jimuck on Sun 14 Feb - 14:19

ann_chovey wrote:
jimuck wrote:
Marky wrote:
Freja53 wrote:Maybe a Tapas 7, or a senior police officer, (like the associate FBI Director in the Watergate scandal) will be our "Deep Throat"?

if this was to happen i think we would have heard from him/her by now. as for protection, nah. i think both police forces have a pretty good idea what happened but what evidence they have won't stand up in court.



this case will probably open up one day but only from the inside.


I think there was enough evidence to charge them , as Martin Brunt announced on Sky News,, Kate MaCann will be charged this morning ,the footage can be seen on YouTube.

There was also the British police officer(cant remember his name at the moment) who also stated that he had charged people with less evidence.

Within hours of the Martin Brunt announcement the MaCanns were aboard Easy Jet flying home, WHO the hell authorised their release from Portugal.

I believe the evidence is there to prove Madeleine is dead and i believe the evidence is there to make charges, so why have they not being charged ?.

I think when this comes out ,and it will, some very powerful heads will roll.

GB sent David Miliband and 'hey presto'....

http://www.independent.ie/world-news/europe/mccanns-appeal-to-uk-foreign-office-to-prevent-injustice-1074436.html

The couple, who spoke with Mr Miliband last month, will urge him this week to step in "with any help he can," said a friend of the couple.

Mr McCann's sister, said of her brother: "He is a bit distressed and very tired. But he is adamant that he has done nothing wrong."

She said the couple were worried it would appear as if they were "running scared" if they returned to Britain.

The couple spent Saturday at a rented villa in Praia da Luz with their two-year-old twins, Amelie and Sean. The Foreign Office was last night described as "firing on all cylinders" in its efforts to help the McCanns.

Without any doubt there was political interference, i think most will agree with that, what i would like to know, did they get involved because they thought they were innocent or did they get involved because they knew they were guilty, if its the latter then i believe in the future the truth will come out and powerful political heads will roll in the UK and Portugal.

jimuck
Elite Member
Elite Member

Male
Number of posts : 302
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-11-12

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns will not fly to Lisbon next week (verdict)

Post  dutchclogs on Sun 14 Feb - 14:35

Freja53 wrote:The McCanns have been protected, and blessed, by some very high profiles including the UK PM, the Roman Catholic Church and the Pope, the UK press, the UK police force etc.

The question is; WHO will benefit (or suffer) if Mr. Amaral loses or wins his case.

if the McCanns are proven to have been economical with the truth who will lose in a big way apart from the McCanns?

This story is obviously not a straight missing child case like any other. A lot of high ranking people's reputations are at stake.

IMO there are many high profiles out there who can't let the truth be known and who will do everything in their long reaching power to stop the truth getting out.

IMO the blocking of a full investigation into all the suspects in this criminal act, including the parents, is a major international scandal. Only the highest renking members of the UK press, police, and government imo could have stopped the parents being fully investigated and questioned.

How else can all this nonsense be explained?

I will therefore not be surprised if the injunction on the book is continued.

I see our job on bloggs like these is to be like the persevering, resolute Washington Post journalists, Bernstein and Woodward, and dig and dig until we find the secret of what happened to Madeleine which IMO will turn out to be a new "Waterdate" scandal.

Maybe a Tapas 7, or a senior police officer, (like the associate FBI Director in the Watergate scandal) will be our "Deep Throat"?

You all should be very proud of yourselves and some how find the strength to continue ths search for the truth no matter what happens. Madeleine deserves that.

Well said


dutchclogs
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1062
Age : 62
Location : Scotland/Nertherlands
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-22

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns will not fly to Lisbon next week (verdict)

Post  ann_chovey on Sun 14 Feb - 14:40

jimuck wrote : Without any doubt there was political interference, i think most will agree with that, what i would like to know, did they get involved because they thought they were innocent or did they get involved because they knew they were guilty, if its the latter then i believe in the future the truth will come out and powerful political heads will roll in the UK and Portugal.

18th September http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article2477770.ece

Gordon Brown has been updated on the investigation into Kate and Gerry McCann by the couple’s advisers, who told him that Portuguese detectives had no proof that they killed their daughter

Mr McCann spoke to Mr Brown several times and David Miliband, the Foreign Secretary, twice before he and his wife were declared official suspects by Portuguese detectives 11 days ago. All ministerial contact was severed immediately because of the sensitive nature of their legal status.

But lines of communication were reopened yesterday after the appointment of the McCanns’ new spokesman, Clarence Mitchell, a former Cabinet Office troubleshooter.

A McCann family source said: “Mitchell still has the key phone numbers and e-mail addresses of people in power and will continue to use them. He has attended top-level briefings at No 10 every weekday for the past two years. The McCanns do not expect help or influence to be exerted on their behalf but want to get messages to the very top that they are innocent. No details relating to the facts supporting their defence have been passed on but that may change.”

Sir Richard,(Branson) who has spoken to the parents on several occasions, said: “I wouldn’t have got involved if I didn’t feel good about them. I want to make sure they have the chance for their side of the story to be fairly told if they ever go to court, particularly in Portugal where they’ve already been tried by innuendo in the media.” He confirmed that he was in talks with other wealthy people to encourage them to contribute to a legal fund as well, and said at least one other anonymous donor was signed up already.

----------------------------------
I wonder what Clarence has got on Gordon and Branson for that matter. I think both got involved for the 'right' reasons, then as you said, Brunt reported the arrests were imminent, and it all changed. Funny that, and Brunt was left with egg on his face.

ann_chovey
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2516
Location : France
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns will not fly to Lisbon next week (verdict)

Post  Guest on Sun 14 Feb - 15:06

ann_chovey wrote:
jimuck wrote:
Marky wrote:
Freja53 wrote:Maybe a Tapas 7, or a senior police officer, (like the associate FBI Director in the Watergate scandal) will be our "Deep Throat"?

if this was to happen i think we would have heard from him/her by now. as for protection, nah. i think both police forces have a pretty good idea what happened but what evidence they have won't stand up in court.



this case will probably open up one day but only from the inside.


I think there was enough evidence to charge them , as Martin Brunt announced on Sky News,, Kate MaCann will be charged this morning ,the footage can be seen on YouTube.

There was also the British police officer(cant remember his name at the moment) who also stated that he had charged people with less evidence.

Within hours of the Martin Brunt announcement the MaCanns were aboard Easy Jet flying home, WHO the hell authorised their release from Portugal.

I believe the evidence is there to prove Madeleine is dead and i believe the evidence is there to make charges, so why have they not being charged ?.

I think when this comes out ,and it will, some very powerful heads will roll.

GB sent David Miliband and 'hey presto'....

http://www.independent.ie/world-news/europe/mccanns-appeal-to-uk-foreign-office-to-prevent-injustice-1074436.html

The couple, who spoke with Mr Miliband last month, will urge him this week to step in "with any help he can," said a friend of the couple.

Mr McCann's sister, said of her brother: "He is a bit distressed and very tired. But he is adamant that he has done nothing wrong."

She said the couple were worried it would appear as if they were "running scared" if they returned to Britain.

The couple spent Saturday at a rented villa in Praia da Luz with their two-year-old twins, Amelie and Sean. The Foreign Office was last night described as "firing on all cylinders" in its efforts to help the McCanns.

http://www.telegraphindia.com/1070909/asp/foreign/story_8294609.asp

And here we have Mitchell, whilst still in the employment of UK GOV laying it all out

Sunday, September 09, 2007

McCanns keen to leave Portugal, father suspect

Praia Da Luz (Portugal), Sept. 8 (AP): The parents of missing four-year-old Madeleine McCann are keen to leave Portugal as soon as possible and return to Britain to clear their names after Portuguese police named them as suspects in their daughter’s disappearance, a family friend said today.

Clarence Mitchell said father Gerry McCann told him that he and his wife expected clarification of their legal status within 48 hours. Their lawyer said late yesterday that police had declared the parents suspects in the May 3 disappearance.

“They are in broad agreement that they should get out as soon as they can,” Mitchell said by telephone from Britain. Whether Portuguese police will allow them to leave is unclear, though their passports are not believed to have been seized up until now.

Mitchell said Kate and Gerry McCann had previously intended to leave southern Portugal, where they have stayed since their daughter vanished from a hotel room during a family vacation, on May 3.

“They are determined to prove this is a travesty ... and clear their names,” Mitchell said of the police allegations about their possible involvement.
The police decision to name the parents as suspects brought a dramatic twist in the four-month-old case. Their ordeal has drawn attention around the world, partly because of an international campaign they have run to find their daughter.

Mitchell said the McCanns, both doctors from central England, were considering hiring lawyers in Britain where they would also have support from family and friends.

The McCanns’ Portuguese lawyer, Carlos Pinto Abreu, said police have not brought charges against them and that the investigation was continuing.

British media quoted unnamed friends of the McCanns as saying the couple were keen to return to Britain but would remain in Portugal for the time being. The couple had made no comment today.

The McCanns have strenuously professed their innocence, and relatives said police should reveal what, if any, evidence there is against them.

“If this is what it takes to speed up the process of absolutely exonerating Gerry and Kate, let’s get on with it,” Gerry’s brother John McCann told BBC radio. “I hope the police can move quickly, bring whatever evidence they have got and discuss with Gerry and Kate why they think what they think.”

Kate McCann's aunt said that during the questioning, police suggested Madeleine might have been killed accidentally and offered the mother a plea deal if she confessed. “They tried to get her to confess to having accidentally killed Madeleine by offering her a deal through her lawyer: ‘If you say you killed Madeleine by accident and then hid her and disposed of the body, then we can guarantee you a two-year jail sentence or even less,’” Gerry McCann’s sister, Philomena, told ITV news yesterday.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns will not fly to Lisbon next week (verdict)

Post  jimuck on Sun 14 Feb - 15:26

ann_chovey wrote:jimuck wrote : Without any doubt there was political interference, i think most will agree with that, what i would like to know, did they get involved because they thought they were innocent or did they get involved because they knew they were guilty, if its the latter then i believe in the future the truth will come out and powerful political heads will roll in the UK and Portugal.

18th September http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article2477770.ece

Gordon Brown has been updated on the investigation into Kate and Gerry McCann by the couple’s advisers, who told him that Portuguese detectives had no proof that they killed their daughter

Mr McCann spoke to Mr Brown several times and David Miliband, the Foreign Secretary, twice before he and his wife were declared official suspects by Portuguese detectives 11 days ago. All ministerial contact was severed immediately because of the sensitive nature of their legal status.

But lines of communication were reopened yesterday after the appointment of the McCanns’ new spokesman, Clarence Mitchell, a former Cabinet Office troubleshooter.

A McCann family source said: “Mitchell still has the key phone numbers and e-mail addresses of people in power and will continue to use them. He has attended top-level briefings at No 10 every weekday for the past two years. The McCanns do not expect help or influence to be exerted on their behalf but want to get messages to the very top that they are innocent. No details relating to the facts supporting their defence have been passed on but that may change.”

Sir Richard,(Branson) who has spoken to the parents on several occasions, said: “I wouldn’t have got involved if I didn’t feel good about them. I want to make sure they have the chance for their side of the story to be fairly told if they ever go to court, particularly in Portugal where they’ve already been tried by innuendo in the media.” He confirmed that he was in talks with other wealthy people to encourage them to contribute to a legal fund as well, and said at least one other anonymous donor was signed up already.

----------------------------------
I wonder what Clarence has got on Gordon and Branson for that matter. I think both got involved for the 'right' reasons, then as you said, Brunt reported the arrests were imminent, and it all changed. Funny that, and Brunt was left with egg on his face.

Thanks ann-chovey for the info, i too think Brown & Branson jumped in too quickly and were fooled like most people were by the MaCanns, Clarence Mitchell was brought in to keep a lid on Browns foolish judgement in supporting the MaCanns, (remember he had just become PM) it does not look good to be fooled.

But the truth is coming no matter what Clarence has done to surpress the truth, and now its Clarences time to look the complete idiot, he tried his best but failed miserably.

The list of people fooled by the MaCanns including myself, is massive and when they are convicted in Madeleines disappearance it is going to be a enormous shock to a lot of people and they will pay a heavy price for their lies.

jimuck
Elite Member
Elite Member

Male
Number of posts : 302
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-11-12

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns will not fly to Lisbon next week (verdict)

Post  Guest on Sun 14 Feb - 15:39

Clarences time to look the complete idiot, he tried his best but failed miserably.


No he succeded, he does look and sound like a complete idiot.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns will not fly to Lisbon next week (verdict)

Post  Sponsored content Today at 22:11


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum