Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Predictions

+24
Christine
mrbrightside
kitti
Dimsie
Angelina
duncanmac
Justiceforallkids
dutchclogs
jinvta
mancmum
jypsybear
lea
fedrules
bootsy
renoir
DavidA
T4two
AnnaEsse
keepingmum
malena stool
Arsenal666
lynn
Lioned
squeaker
28 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Predictions - Page 2 Empty Re: Predictions

Post  mancmum Sun 14 Feb - 13:27

I'm afraid I think that whatever transpires, especially after all this time has passed, the Macs have reason to be confident that the truth will never come out. Otherwise I don't think they would have kept up their profile and Gerry wouldn't have 'called' for a review of the case. I don't want to think this, but I do.
mancmum
mancmum
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 88
Warning :
Predictions - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Predictions - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post  buildersbum Sun 14 Feb - 13:48

Lioned wrote:I hope i'm wrong too,but realistically i doubt we will ever see any new 'compelling' evidence.

That is why it is so important for forums like this to continue to spread the word so at least we will know they have been 'tried' in the public domain and will never be allowed to sleep easy again.

Erh Lioned these two child neglectors will always sleep easy, if they where going to crack under the pressure they would have done it befor now imo.
Leaving those vulnerable children night after night all alone in the dark, they dont have a heart they have a swinging brick.
buildersbum
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1628
Warning :
Predictions - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Predictions - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post  buildersbum Sun 14 Feb - 13:53

mancmum wrote:I'm afraid I think that whatever transpires, especially after all this time has passed, the Macs have reason to be confident that the truth will never come out. Otherwise I don't think they would have kept up their profile and Gerry wouldn't have 'called' for a review of the case. I don't want to think this, but I do.

After the information coming out in court from the NPIA I dont think Gerry had a choice but to ask for the review, this is what he is good at, over the past 2 years calling peoples bluff constantly, why stop now he is a pro at it imo. Predictions - Page 2 192282
buildersbum
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1628
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Sun 14 Feb - 13:56

mancmum wrote:I'm afraid I think that whatever transpires, especially after all this time has passed, the Macs have reason to be confident that the truth will never come out. Otherwise I don't think they would have kept up their profile and Gerry wouldn't have 'called' for a review of the case. I don't want to think this, but I do.

Gerry McCann called for a review of the case. It's a bit of a joke isn't it? The man who we now learn is considered by one of the Uk's top profilers as being the chief suspect in what could possibly be a homicide case, and who has carried out an unprecidented campaign of obstruction and vilification of the investigation, is now calling for a review of all the evidence. Perhaps it's a Mitchell brainwave. It's the sort of thing his mentors at Labour Party HQ do all the time when they wish to avoid responsibility for their actions and whitewash their names. An inquiry à la Dr. David Kelly? How apt; outcome already known, total exoneration of the McCanns and restoration of their spotless reputations. But actually, it's another ploy to try to get a peek at the police files which haven't been released.
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidA Sun 14 Feb - 14:51

I wonder whether the winning the court case will mean a win for he Mccanns?

I think they may do better in the long run if they lose, and the injunction dropped. They will then look more like the victims of Portuguese policing and justice, and will have more claims regarding a faulty investigation in 2007.

If they win, the web presence against them will likely become stronger, due to the clear injustice of limiting free speech. The book, or the ideas in it will find a way out to anyone that wants them.
DavidA
DavidA
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 385
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  renoir Sun 14 Feb - 15:20

buildersbum wrote:

After the information coming out in court from the NPIA I dont think Gerry had a choice but to ask for the review, this is what he is good at, over the past 2 years calling peoples bluff constantly, why stop now he is a pro at it imo. Predictions - Page 2 192282

That's about the sum of it I think. At the moment. But at some point he'll run out of rope, and we'll be there to see it. IMO.

If the ban is upheld that will be a temporary set-back - but we've had plenty of those. What's really important is what has come out in the meantime, becuse of this hearing. That cannot be "unsaid", no matter how clever Gerry thinks he is.
A lot more has been added to the Big Picture.
renoir
renoir
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 211
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Mon 15 Feb - 9:12

lynn wrote:Unless Amaral comes out with the information he says he has, and also he said he has not said all, the Mcs could win. Still waiting for Amaral's reveal.

Hes not allowed to come out with what he knows, that is what the mccanns are afraid off, that is why they need to book to stay banned and his mouth permanently SHUT.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  fedrules Mon 15 Feb - 10:03

Having read about Lee Rainbow's thoughts on the George Laird blog, having seen the sniffer dog video, having read Amaral's book, I find it impossible to believe that the truth will not eventually emerge. I agree that the McCanns had no choice but to say they wanted a review of the case.
fedrules
fedrules
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1282
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post  bootsy Mon 15 Feb - 10:06

What were Le Rainbow's thoughts on George Laird's blog
bootsy
bootsy
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 258
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-03

Back to top Go down

Post  fedrules Mon 15 Feb - 10:10

bootsy wrote:What were Le Rainbow's thoughts on George Laird's blog
Lee Rainbow was, according to George Laird's blog which you can see on another thread, deeply suspicious of the McCanns and thought they could be involved in their daughter's disappearance. He viewed McCann, being last person to see Maddie alive, as a possible murderer. He noticed there were inconsistencies in the McCann's statements. The British police felt that Maddie could be dead and her parents inplicated as far back as June 1st,2007.
fedrules
fedrules
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1282
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Mon 15 Feb - 11:54

kitti wrote:
lynn wrote:Unless Amaral comes out with the information he says he has, and also he said he has not said all, the Mcs could win. Still waiting for Amaral's reveal.

Hes not allowed to come out with what he knows, that is what the mccanns are afraid off, that is why they need to book to stay banned and his mouth permanently SHUT.

If he knows something really vital then why does he not leak it. I know it's not ethical but I think it would be excusable.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  lea Mon 15 Feb - 12:08

MaryB wrote:
kitti wrote:

If he knows something really vital then why does he not leak it. I know it's not ethical but I think it would be excusable.

cant wait till thursday,hope Amarals book ban is lifted and we get some more juicy details about what he knows,
if Amarals book ban isnt lifted we still may hear some new details,lets live in hope.
lea
lea
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 640
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post  jypsybear Mon 15 Feb - 12:18

What we need is Gerry and kate to tell us what Kate knows that proves their was a Abductor, as their is no known evidence is there ?
jypsybear
jypsybear
Rookie
Rookie

Female
Number of posts : 140
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-11-11

Back to top Go down

Post  mancmum Mon 15 Feb - 18:18

I think that whatever comes out, there siimply won't be sufficient hard evidence to take the case to court and I think the McCanns know this (or at least feel pretty sure). It would take, say, one of the Tapas to reveal what they know, and I don't think that will happen. I've fought against this belief (and there's nothing i'd like more than to be proved wrong) but now I really have come to the conclusion that, even if the general public become more aware of what's in the files, we'll never find out the actual truth about what happened to poor Madeleine.
mancmum
mancmum
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 88
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 15 Feb - 18:33

I think whichever way it goes the mccanns will be paying the price of hubris one way or another-there that's a big posh word

Predictions - Page 2 294124

talk from their lawyer about what people should be allowed to think or say - if they are taxi drivers they are not allowed, only if they are lawyers

Predictions - Page 2 23324

imo the mccanns lost credibility a long time ago and it continues to dwindle
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Tue 16 Feb - 21:57

I was thinking again tonight what was the most likely decision the judge would come to. I have to say that I think she will decide to continue with the ban. I won't be too disappointed as I think G Amaral got quite a good hearing with his witnesses. But then on the other hand maybe she will lift the ban but I don't think it's as likely.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 16 Feb - 23:13

The McCanns seem to get away with stuff so I bet they'll bloody succeed in winning this, suing the papers, shutting us all up AND overthrowing the Queen and Prince Philip to reside and rule over Great Britain smugly and arrogantly....

Predictions - Page 2 371436 Predictions - Page 2 816281 Predictions - Page 2 157799
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  jinvta Wed 17 Feb - 0:02

In order to determine the outcome of the case, one must consider why the McCann's are requesting the book to be banned. They claim that the book has caused people to believe that Madeleine is dead and that they will no longer look for Madeleine. Do you think that Isabel Duarte has proven this to be a fact? I think not.

True, money is not rolling in as it did in the early days and leads are not being followed up as they were when the case was open. But the question is, are these circumstances a result of the publication of Amaral's book? I would say absolutely not.

Had Amaral's book not been published, Mr Paiva and the rest of the witnesses (and the more perceptive of the general public) would still have believed that Madeleine was dead. Had the book not been published, the case still would have been shelved. Had the book not been published, money would still have stopped flowing in.

The fact is that the publication of Amaral's book has not affected the search for Madeleine at all and therefore the McCanns have no case to keep the book banned.

I think that the McCanns will lose and they will not bother with an appeal. Isabel Duarte was made to look like a complete fool, and presented no facts to support her case. The McCanns will just claim that Portugal is a Banana Republic that has no respect for human rights.

Further I believe that Murat's lawsuit against Tanner may just provide the necessary push needed to get her to tell the truth. I'm hoping for a plea bargain.
jinvta
jinvta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1065
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Lizzy11268 Wed 17 Feb - 0:51

jypsybear wrote:What we need is Gerry and kate to tell us what Kate knows that proves their was a Abductor, as their is no known evidence is there ?

I thought that what Kate knew, was about the window being open and the blinds being "jemmied" which was later proved to be false.

When she originally said "she just knew" I thought that was what she was referring to.

Once it was dismissed as inaccurate, she may have continued to say she "knew" but actually, the reason she can't tell us, is because there isnt anything.

Or am I missing something? Predictions - Page 2 25346
Lizzy11268
Lizzy11268
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 426
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post  dutchclogs Wed 17 Feb - 6:31

Arsenal666 wrote:
MaryB wrote:I wish I could predict the outcome of this case on 18th February but I can't. But I think if the book stays banned then there will be a flurry of crackdowns and suings and attempts to suppress blogs and websites. And I think the media will be a lot more wary on what they print.

The webs to big for the likes of the Evil Ones to have any real influence over,thank god.These bad ones are heading towards justice and they can see it clearer then ever.So they have to prolong the agony and live the lie for as long as they can in the desperate hope that by chance of perverse luck they might wriggle free.Any person who takes even 10 minutes to study the case,even a Mccanite would say they should be arrested.So keep spreading the word tell a friend,tell a friend to tell a friend !!

Viva Freedom of speech

Predictions - Page 2 307691 Predictions - Page 2 463742 well said Arsenal
dutchclogs
dutchclogs
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1062
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Wed 17 Feb - 6:50

no matter the outcome tommrow im going nowhere!!!
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 5102
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  duncanmac Wed 17 Feb - 8:36

Further I believe that Murat's lawsuit against Tanner may just provide the necessary push needed to get her to tell the truth. I'm hoping for a plea bargain.
[/quote]

I would like to know where JT legal fees are coming from ?
duncanmac
duncanmac
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 594
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelina Wed 17 Feb - 8:46

eddie wrote:The McCanns seem to get away with stuff so I bet they'll bloody succeed in winning this, suing the papers, shutting us all up AND overthrowing the Queen and Prince Philip to reside and rule over Great Britain smugly and arrogantly....

Predictions - Page 2 371436 Predictions - Page 2 816281 Predictions - Page 2 157799

Predictions - Page 2 294124 Predictions - Page 2 294124 I agree they will win....not quite sure about the Queen and Prince Philip bit Predictions - Page 2 613255
Angelina
Angelina
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2933
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 17 Feb - 9:09

lea wrote:

lets hope Amaral saves the day,
if hes book is banned or not,
just hope he reveals something to get the case reopened.

I'm optimistic about this., I dont think the book will be banned. If it was going to be the Mccanns would by flying back to Portugal to gloat about it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  mrbrightside Wed 17 Feb - 9:52

GA losing tomorrow could be the best outcome! As he may well then think stuff this and them and tell us what really happened.
mrbrightside
mrbrightside
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 53
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum