Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Presenter held over 'mercy killing'

3 posters

Go down

Presenter held over 'mercy killing' Empty Presenter held over 'mercy killing'

Post  Guest Wed 17 Feb - 13:10

17 February 2010 10:33am
A BBC presenter who told TV viewers he carried out a mercy killing on a former lover has been arrested on suspicion of murder.

Presenter held over 'mercy killing' B26123301266402895A00

Ray Gosling, 70, was detained by police after he told viewers of BBC East Midlands' Inside Out programme that he smothered the unnamed partner as he lay in hospital suffering from Aids.

A police spokeswoman said: "Nottinghamshire Police has this morning (Wednesday) arrested a 70-year-old Nottingham man on suspicion of murder following comments on the BBC's Inside Out programme on Monday evening."

During the programme, Gosling said he smothered his partner as he was "in terrible, terrible pain".

Strolling through a graveyard for a segment of the 30-minute show about death, he broke down as he recalled the day he took his lover's life.

Gosling told viewers: "Maybe this is the time to share a secret that I have kept for quite a long time. I killed someone once. He was a young chap, he'd been my lover and he got Aids.

"In a hospital one hot afternoon, the doctor said 'There's nothing we can do', and he was in terrible, terrible pain. I said to the doctor 'Leave me just for a bit' and he went away. I picked up the pillow and smothered him until he was dead. The doctor came back and I said 'He's gone'. Nothing more was ever said."

Gosling, a freelance presenter of hundreds of radio and TV documentaries, said he had no regrets about his actions, adding: "When you love someone, it is difficult to see them suffer."

Mr Gosling later said he was not "making a cause" of assisted dying but said there was a case for changing the law.

Speaking on the BBC Radio 4 Today programme, he said: "Sometimes doctors do it on their own. Sometimes people do it on their own. And if it happens to a lover or friend of yours, a husband, a wife, and I hope it doesn't, but when it does sometimes you have to do brave things and you have to say - to use Nottingham language - bugger the law."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Presenter held over 'mercy killing' Empty Guilt eats away at you

Post  Roasted Arizona Wed 17 Feb - 14:54

Roasted Arizona
Roasted Arizona
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 719
Warning :
Presenter held over 'mercy killing' Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Presenter held over 'mercy killing' Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-26

Back to top Go down

Presenter held over 'mercy killing' Empty Re: Presenter held over 'mercy killing'

Post  Guest Wed 17 Feb - 15:00

I have just posted this story on the UK news thread. I thought the same thing.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Presenter held over 'mercy killing' Empty Re: Presenter held over 'mercy killing'

Post  fred Wed 17 Feb - 15:03

It could just be he is an old has been who wants his 5 minutes of fame.
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :
Presenter held over 'mercy killing' Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Presenter held over 'mercy killing' Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 17 Feb - 19:23

fred wrote:It could just be he is an old has been who wants his 5 minutes of fame.

Oh FFS, does Clarence have to get a mention on EVERY pigging thread??? Presenter held over 'mercy killing' 613255
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Wed 17 Feb - 19:27

The Famous Grouse wrote:
fred wrote:It could just be he is an old has been who wants his 5 minutes of fame.

Oh FFS, does Clarence have to get a mention on EVERY pigging thread??? Presenter held over 'mercy killing' 613255

Presenter held over 'mercy killing' 23324 Presenter held over 'mercy killing' 23324 Clarrie was never a "was been" never mind a has been!!
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  bootsy Wed 17 Feb - 19:28

He did say yesterday on a news programme can't remember which one,that he will never disclose the identity of the person or the hospital where it happend.I doubt whether this will get to court if he wont spill the beans.
bootsy
bootsy
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 258
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 18 Feb - 9:08

Did his lover asked to be killed? No one should make those decisions for anyone else. Presenter held over 'mercy killing' 87849
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down