Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Transcript Of Dr Goncalo Amaral's Press Conference 19.02.2010. (Lisbon)

+6
LJC
Alpine Aster
halfamo
LindaDA
tanszi
wjk
10 posters

Go down

Transcript Of Dr Goncalo Amaral's Press Conference 19.02.2010. (Lisbon) Empty Documentary: ‘Judicial secrecy was not broken’

Post  Guest Fri 19 Feb - 22:18

(Originally posted by Laffin at the start of the tweets) https://missingmadeleine.forumotion.net/main-maddie-thread-latest-news-f1/dr-goncalo-amaral-press-conference-1900-gmt-t8229.htm

Special report by Chris Graeme chris.graeme@theresidentgroup.com

The deputy director of a popular Portuguese tabloid that distributed a DVD based on a documentary that claimed Madeleine McCann died tragically in a holiday apartment in the Algarve in May 2007 denied in court last week (February 10) that judicial secrecy had been broken.

Eduardo Dâmaso, a witness at the injunction case that seeks to permanently ban publication and repetition of the book Maddie - A Verdade da Mentira (Maddie - the Truth of the Lie) and its thesis, said that the temporary injunction against dissemination of the book and its allegations was only made on September 9, 2009, more than a month after the DVD was sold through an edition of Correio da Manhã on July 29, 2009.

The DVD is closely based on a documentary produced by Valentim de Carvalho Films.

The film was aired on Portuguese television channel TVi on April 13, 2009 to coincide with the second anniversary of Madeleine’s disappearance from Praia da Luz on May 3, 2007.

In court, Gonçalo Amaral’s lawyers argued that the case was archived by Portuguese police investigators on July 1, 2008 and that the official dispatch was finalised on July 29, 2008 and so neither the newspaper nor the film company and its distributors had breached either judicial secrecy, which had already expired, or the temporary injunction which was issued later.

However, the McCanns’ legal team, headed by Isabel Duarte, argued that of the 75,000 DVDs produced, 10,868 sold and 63,369 withdrawn and destroyed, many could have continued to be sold at newspaper stalls.

They also argued that the film appeared widely on the internet with English subtitles for the world to see.

Luís Froes, general manager of Valentim de Carvalho Films, argued that the shelf life of a film was normally 15 days and then it would be withdrawn and destroyed.

“The versions on the internet are not ours. They are pirate copies of the TVi programme. Someone must have recorded it and put in the subtitles - we don’t do that,” he said.

It was also argued that there had been no violation of judicial secrecy because, as Gonçalo Amaral’s lawyers claimed, “everything that was in the book was in the investigation”.

However, Isabel Duarte counter argued that although the case had been archived, it had not been closed and therefore the allegations made in the film and DVD “damaged the chances of finding Madeleine”, undermined the “physical and moral rights of the parents and her siblings and the good name of the family”. She also added that the book and documentary were produced as a “factual description rather than opinion” and criticised witness statements produced on behalf of Gonçalo Amaral as displaying a “degree of cynicism”.

Defending Gonçalo Amaral, António Cabrita, asked what was so special about the book, when several other journalists and writers had written about the Madeleine Case.

“Maybe there is a problem with the book because it is too close to the truth,” he said.

The Guerra e Paz publisher’s lawyer also criticised the McCanns for using the media when it suited their ends but then tried to gag the media when their interest and investigations didn’t suit their line of argument.

“Citizens should be concerned that a court may forbid Gonçalo Amaral to talk about the case. After all, he has the authority to speak about it because he was the Chief Investigator,” he said.

Isabel Duarte and her team then suggested that Gonçalo Amaral had published his book out of revenge for being removed from the case and “to make profits.”

The judge, Maria Gabriela Cunha Rodrigues, was due to make a ruling on the book yesterday (Thursday) at 10.30am.

http://www.algarveresident.com/story.asp?XID=35090
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Transcript Of Dr Goncalo Amaral's Press Conference 19.02.2010. (Lisbon) Empty Transcript Of Dr Goncalo Amaral's Press Conference 19.02.2010. (Lisbon)

Post  Alpine Aster Fri 19 Feb - 22:40

Full Transcript of Dr Goncalo Amaral's Press Conference Friday 19/02/2010...............Tweeted by Rui Pinto de Almeida.

Hello, everyone! I'll be at FNAC for Mr. Amaral's press conference. It'll be at 19:00 GMT
here I am, at FNAC, in Chiado, downtown Lisbon
Amaral has just arrived
Well back to the Mr. Amaral press conference
The room is crowded, and Mr. Paulo Sargento, professor at the University of Lisbon, psychologist, is talking about Freedom of Speech
At the moment, Mr. Sargento is talking about the quality of the Portuguese justice
Mr. Amaral is sitting on his left side
Mr. Sargento: "there are several issues that have been discussed by both sides. But what happen to little Madeleine"
Mr. Sargento: "Why did someone way such a long time, 18 months, to banned a book, in which he or she is charged in it?"
Mr. Sargento: "Why did Mr. McCann wait such a long time for a translation? I can't see no explanation for it."
Mr. Sargento: "I'll address to General Attorney and to Justice Minister a question why did the McCann's couple get in the court building..."
Mr. Sargento: "... through the judges's door? Why? As a citizen I have to know."Mr. Sargento: "Let me tell you this:
Mr. Amaral is listening carefully
Mr. Sargento is now talking about Mr. Amaral new book "A mordaça inglesa"
Mr. Sargento: "Let me tell you this: how I would like to find Madeleine alive and safe. I would beg pardon for everything I said until now"
Mr. Sargento: "The book is well written."
Mr- Sargento: "This book is cry for Freedom, and Mr. Amaral reveals a great courage"
Mr. Sargento: "To ban a book makes me remember that famous movie from Truffault: 459F"
Mr. Sargento: "I recall a statement from Mário Crespo (anchor news): If my child disappear, I hardly hire a PR to deal with it"
Mr. Sargento: " I will defend with all my forces a man that I consider fair,..." Mr. Sargento: "...and I will go if necessary to the European Court of Human Rights."

Strong applause from the audience.

Mr. Amaral is talking right now
Mr. Amaral is talking about the injunction
Mr. Amaral is talking about a misunderstanding from the judges that decide to ban a book or newspaper, without hearing the both sides.
Mr. Amaral is very concerned about this situation, because it limits the Citizens Rights.
Mr. Amaral: "because we were not heard before the decision, the Fundamental Rights were violated"
Mr. Amaral:"We should have appeal to the Constitutional Court, but we were prevented to do it, due to the judge decision, to ban the book"
Mr. Amaral: "about the decision yesterday, I have a great court experiences, so I knew that could happen."
Mr. Amaral: "The trial was an amount of opinions."
Mr. Amaral: "The decision is a possible one (opinion)"
Mr. Amaral: "The book is still banned, that is true. But there are facts that were proved and belong to the file"
Mr. Amaral: "The book is a narrative from an investigation carried on for me for 6 months"
Mr. Amaral is criticizing the PJ for not protecting the investigators from several statements made in several occasions.
Mr. Amaral wrote the book as a matter of explaining the investigation, not to cause any harm to Gerry and Kate McCann.
Mr. Amaral: "it is necessary to discuss this issue of the Right of Freedom of Speech".
Mr. Amaral: "The citizen has the Right to be informed and must be able to take conclusions from what is happening"
Mr. Amaral: "The citizens must keep the Right to read and thing about a subject that has been on the news for a long time."
I asked Mr: Amaral if he was sorry for publishing the book.
Mr. Amaral: "No, I am not. I didn't realized that would be a best seller. However, I did not write it as a revenge to anyone."
No more questions, Mr. Amaral press conference is finished.
This conference took place in downtown of Lisbon, rebuild after the Great of Chiado, in 1985.
Well, that is all by now, hope I could bring a good pic of the event. Good bye all.

End
Alpine Aster
Alpine Aster
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1413
Warning :
Transcript Of Dr Goncalo Amaral's Press Conference 19.02.2010. (Lisbon) Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Transcript Of Dr Goncalo Amaral's Press Conference 19.02.2010. (Lisbon) Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Transcript Of Dr Goncalo Amaral's Press Conference 19.02.2010. (Lisbon) Empty Re: Transcript Of Dr Goncalo Amaral's Press Conference 19.02.2010. (Lisbon)

Post  Guest Fri 19 Feb - 22:42

Excellent Alpine - many thanks Transcript Of Dr Goncalo Amaral's Press Conference 19.02.2010. (Lisbon) Icon_flower Transcript Of Dr Goncalo Amaral's Press Conference 19.02.2010. (Lisbon) 307691
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Transcript Of Dr Goncalo Amaral's Press Conference 19.02.2010. (Lisbon) Empty Re: Transcript Of Dr Goncalo Amaral's Press Conference 19.02.2010. (Lisbon)

Post  wjk Fri 19 Feb - 22:50

Thank you Transcript Of Dr Goncalo Amaral's Press Conference 19.02.2010. (Lisbon) Icon_flower
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :
Transcript Of Dr Goncalo Amaral's Press Conference 19.02.2010. (Lisbon) Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Transcript Of Dr Goncalo Amaral's Press Conference 19.02.2010. (Lisbon) Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpine Aster Fri 19 Feb - 23:56

Your welcome Transcript Of Dr Goncalo Amaral's Press Conference 19.02.2010. (Lisbon) Icon_flower its good to have to read it from start to finish without all the minutes and other stuff on there, also for other Forum's Member's that did not see the Twitter feed, its hard to follow when you get bit by bit this is easier.

Last edited by Alpine Aster on Sat 20 Feb - 0:01; edited 1 time in total
Alpine Aster
Alpine Aster
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Fri 19 Feb - 23:58

Thanks from me too Transcript Of Dr Goncalo Amaral's Press Conference 19.02.2010. (Lisbon) Icon_flower
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  LindaDA Sat 20 Feb - 0:08

Many thanks, Alpine Aster, for posting this!
LindaDA
LindaDA
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 292
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 20 Feb - 9:26

I don't like the look of this bit.

Mr. Amaral:"We should have appeal to the Constitutional Court, but we were prevented to do it, due to the judge decision, to ban the book"

Does that mean he can't appeal the decision? Will he still go to the ECHR?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 20 Feb - 14:04

Thanks Alpine Aster Transcript Of Dr Goncalo Amaral's Press Conference 19.02.2010. (Lisbon) 25346

I"m just wondering abolut this new book Amaral has written?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Transcript Of Dr Goncalo Amaral's Press Conference 19.02.2010. (Lisbon) Empty as above

Post  halfamo Sat 20 Feb - 14:10

Thanks for this AA Transcript Of Dr Goncalo Amaral's Press Conference 19.02.2010. (Lisbon) 944533
halfamo
halfamo
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1905
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  LJC Sat 20 Feb - 15:58

Thank you for bringing this to attention of everyone.
LJC
LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2116
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpine Aster Sat 20 Feb - 16:05

Thank you Photon.
Alpine Aster
Alpine Aster
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  lea Sat 20 Feb - 16:05

Photon wrote:(Originally posted by Laffin at the start of the tweets) https://missingmadeleine.forumotion.net/main-maddie-thread-latest-news-f1/dr-goncalo-amaral-press-conference-1900-gmt-t8229.htm

Special report by Chris Graeme chris.graeme@theresidentgroup.com

The deputy director of a popular Portuguese tabloid that distributed a DVD based on a documentary that claimed Madeleine McCann died tragically in a holiday apartment in the Algarve in May 2007 denied in court last week (February 10) that judicial secrecy had been broken.

Eduardo Dâmaso, a witness at the injunction case that seeks to permanently ban publication and repetition of the book Maddie - A Verdade da Mentira (Maddie - the Truth of the Lie) and its thesis, said that the temporary injunction against dissemination of the book and its allegations was only made on September 9, 2009, more than a month after the DVD was sold through an edition of Correio da Manhã on July 29, 2009.

its a shame the book is still banned but i must say AMARALS TEAM SURE DID A GOOD JOB,
THE MCCANN TEAM behaved like VULTURES not team amaral,

The DVD is closely based on a documentary produced by Valentim de Carvalho Films.

The film was aired on Portuguese television channel TVi on April 13, 2009 to coincide with the second anniversary of Madeleine’s disappearance from Praia da Luz on May 3, 2007.

In court, Gonçalo Amaral’s lawyers argued that the case was archived by Portuguese police investigators on July 1, 2008 and that the official dispatch was finalised on July 29, 2008 and so neither the newspaper nor the film company and its distributors had breached either judicial secrecy, which had already expired, or the temporary injunction which was issued later.

However, the McCanns’ legal team, headed by Isabel Duarte, argued that of the 75,000 DVDs produced, 10,868 sold and 63,369 withdrawn and destroyed, many could have continued to be sold at newspaper stalls.

They also argued that the film appeared widely on the internet with English subtitles for the world to see.

Luís Froes, general manager of Valentim de Carvalho Films, argued that the shelf life of a film was normally 15 days and then it would be withdrawn and destroyed.

“The versions on the internet are not ours. They are pirate copies of the TVi programme. Someone must have recorded it and put in the subtitles - we don’t do that,” he said.

It was also argued that there had been no violation of judicial secrecy because, as Gonçalo Amaral’s lawyers claimed, “everything that was in the book was in the investigation”.

However, Isabel Duarte counter argued that although the case had been archived, it had not been closed and therefore the allegations made in the film and DVD “damaged the chances of finding Madeleine”, undermined the “physical and moral rights of the parents and her siblings and the good name of the family”. She also added that the book and documentary were produced as a “factual description rather than opinion” and criticised witness statements produced on behalf of Gonçalo Amaral as displaying a “degree of cynicism”.

Defending Gonçalo Amaral, António Cabrita, asked what was so special about the book, when several other journalists and writers had written about the Madeleine Case.

“Maybe there is a problem with the book because it is too close to the truth,” he said.

The Guerra e Paz publisher’s lawyer also criticised the McCanns for using the media when it suited their ends but then tried to gag the media when their interest and investigations didn’t suit their line of argument.

“Citizens should be concerned that a court may forbid Gonçalo Amaral to talk about the case. After all, he has the authority to speak about it because he was the Chief Investigator,” he said.

Isabel Duarte and her team then suggested that Gonçalo Amaral had published his book out of revenge for being removed from the case and “to make profits.”

The judge, Maria Gabriela Cunha Rodrigues, was due to make a ruling on the book yesterday (Thursday) at 10.30am.

[url=http://www.algarveresident.com/story.asp?XID=35090
http://www.algarveresident.com/story.asp?XID=35090[/quote[/url]]

thanks photon, i must say Amarals team sure did a good job and the Mccanns team acted like vultures,
shame the book is still banned,
lea
lea
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 640
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 20 Feb - 16:09

Thank you Photon Transcript Of Dr Goncalo Amaral's Press Conference 19.02.2010. (Lisbon) Icon_flower
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 20 Feb - 16:13

Thanks are due to Laffin - he posted the link elsewhere Transcript Of Dr Goncalo Amaral's Press Conference 19.02.2010. (Lisbon) Icon_flower
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 20 Feb - 16:50

Photon wrote:Thanks are due to Laffin - he posted the link elsewhere Transcript Of Dr Goncalo Amaral's Press Conference 19.02.2010. (Lisbon) Icon_flower
Ok than you LAFFIN Transcript Of Dr Goncalo Amaral's Press Conference 19.02.2010. (Lisbon) 306321
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Transcript Of Dr Goncalo Amaral's Press Conference 19.02.2010. (Lisbon) Empty I'm pickin' up good vibrations

Post  LJC Sat 20 Feb - 19:56

From Mr Amaral: -

"Contrary to what is being announced, the sentence is not as favourable [for the McCanns] as people think". Amaral even says that by rewriting some of the terms of the first injunction, she has allowed him to "speak about the case, and seriously.

Great, Go Amaral Go.
LJC
LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2116
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

Back to top Go down

Post  jimuck Sat 20 Feb - 20:20

We should all remain very very positive, things are changing, the MaCanns are now entering into a desperate situation.

I believe Goncarlo Amaral can prove that Madeleine is dead and that her body was disposed off, i dont think he would have said that in his book, unless he could prove it , just to be on the safe side legally.

But now is not the time to disclose anything he has on the MaCanns, there will be a time and a place in the future for that,Goncarlo Amaral will play his aces when needed ,the MaCanns have played their aces like fools, BE PATIENT, JUSTICE IS COMING BE POSITIVE.
jimuck
jimuck
Elite Member
Elite Member

Male
Number of posts : 302
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post  lea Sun 21 Feb - 2:26

jimuck wrote:We should all remain very very positive, things are changing, the MaCanns are now entering into a desperate situation.

I believe Goncarlo Amaral can prove that Madeleine is dead and that her body was disposed off, i dont think he would have said that in his book, unless he could prove it , just to be on the safe side legally.

But now is not the time to disclose anything he has on the MaCanns, there will be a time and a place in the future for that,Goncarlo Amaral will play his aces when needed ,the MaCanns have played their aces like fools, BE PATIENT, JUSTICE IS COMING BE POSITIVE.

the mccs have taken on more than they can chew imo,
it may take a few more years for the truth to finally emerge but i think the truth will be revealed in time,
there has to be a reason why the 2 forces are remaining silent and letting the mccs slag them off left right and centre,
the mccs look dreadfuly vulnerable of late and i hope they are on their own now thout help from anyone apart from the pink prat,
a lot of people dont believe their side of the story and i can bet with all the recent "bad"press,during the recent court case they will have trouble making any more money for their precious fund,
looks like they will soon have to give up clarry and the private dicks,they wont work for nothing.
lea
lea
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  lynn Sun 21 Feb - 2:28

The wheels of justice turn slowly. Amaral could have known about the outcome from the start and what the judge has handed down only goes to strenghthen what Amaral knows and opens the McCanns to further scrutiny.
lynn
lynn
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 928
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post  lea Sun 21 Feb - 2:33

lynn wrote:The wheels of justice turn slowly. Amaral could have known about the outcome from the start and what the judge has handed down only goes to strenghthen what Amaral knows and opens the McCanns to further scrutiny.

well,we are all hoping the judge did this so the case can be reopened,we will have to wait and see,im also looking forward to the murat v tanner case to see what comes from that,then the tapas 4 case,lets just hope justice is just around the corner.
lynne,do you know if the tapas will have to turn up to be questioned?
lea
lea
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  HiDeHo Sun 21 Feb - 3:29

I believe that along with the dog's evidence the police also have mobile/text messages etc. that prove beyond a doubt that they are guilty, which is why the case was shelved.

Just because that 'evidence' is not able to be used in court does not make them innocent but it leaves GOncalo Amaral and the police free to claim Madeleine's death without fear of making a mistake.

Finding the evidence that is admissible in court is another matter....
HiDeHo
HiDeHo
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1541
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-29

http://madeleinemccann.aimoo.com

Back to top Go down

Post  lea Sun 21 Feb - 3:45

HiDeHo wrote:I believe that along with the dog's evidence the police also have mobile/text messages etc. that prove beyond a doubt that they are guilty, which is why the case was shelved.

Just because that 'evidence' is not able to be used in court does not make them innocent but it leaves GOncalo Amaral and the police free to claim Madeleine's death without fear of making a mistake.

Finding the evidence that is admissible in court is another matter....

Transcript Of Dr Goncalo Amaral's Press Conference 19.02.2010. (Lisbon) 306321 hideHo,i agree,its so frustrating,
i hope a different judge will accept those text messages in a different trial.
lea
lea
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down