Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adams' Brother Bailed In Sex Abuse Probe

Go down

Adams' Brother Bailed In Sex Abuse Probe Empty Adams' Brother Bailed In Sex Abuse Probe

Post  Guest Thu 4 Mar - 22:57

6:25pm UK, Thursday March 04, 2010

Ruth Barnett, Sky News Online

The brother of Sinn Fein president Gerry Adams has been released on bail after denying he sexually abused his daughter.

Liam Adams faces extradition to Northern Ireland

Liam Dominic Adams was arrested when he arrived at Bridewell Garda Station in Dublin city centre.

The 54-year-old is suspected of attacking Aine Tyrell in the 1970s and 1980s. She waived her right to anonymity last year.

Officers said Adams told them: "I just want to say I'm not guilty," when he was arrested.

In a court hearing, he said he fled Northern Ireland because press coverage had put him in danger and harmed his chances of a fair trial.

"The media have treated my family in a disgraceful way, an absolute disgrace and I'm letting them know," he said.

Mr Adams said he would like to return "but not under these circumstances".

He faces extradition to Northern Ireland after Ireland's High Court passed a European Arrest Warrant from officers investigating the case on Wednesday.

He was due to face charges at a court hearing in Northern Ireland in November but did not show up.

Adams attended a police station in the Republic in December but officers could not arrest him without a warrant.

His brother, the high-profile republican politician, has come under fire for admitting he knew about the allegations for more than two decades.

Ms Tyrell went public about her abuse claims in a television documentary in December.

Adams' case will be heard next Wednesday. His bail conditions include signing on at a police station every day and surrendering his passport.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Adams' Brother Bailed In Sex Abuse Probe Empty Re: Adams' Brother Bailed In Sex Abuse Probe

Post  Susan Tue 20 Apr - 15:54

Adams' Brother Bailed In Sex Abuse Probe Irish_News_3-1_jpg_214363t
Susan
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 11477
Location : Spain. The place where children are welcome in tapas bars
Warning :
Adams' Brother Bailed In Sex Abuse Probe Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Adams' Brother Bailed In Sex Abuse Probe Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-07-21

https://missingmadeleine.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down