Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does anyone remember...

+15
AnnaEsse
Lillyofthevalley
Wintabells
susible
kathybelle
DavidA
tanszi
Lioned
Keela
Karen
margaret
joyce1938
chrissie1
ProfessorPlum
wjk
19 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Does anyone remember... - Page 3 Empty Re: Does anyone remember...

Post  Guest Thu 8 Aug - 13:50

AnnaEsse wrote:
Not Born Yesterday wrote:Madeleine's height was given officially as 90 cm - just under 3 feet. If I remember correctly from another forum, using the tennis balls as a guide, it's been estimated that the girl in that photo is around 116 cm - nearer to 4 feet.

There can be very few photos - if any - of Madeleine that aren't of dubious validity.

On 3As, someone did an estimate of Maddie's height, using the playground photo, where she is bending over and came to a height that was over 1 metre. Looking at the height chart I have on the wall, my younger grandson was 78cms at age 18 months.

That was Stevo.  He measured her against the Wendy House.  I think he lived near a garden centre or something that sold the exact same Wendy House, so he was able to measure the height of the house accurately, then estimate Maddie's height from that. IIRC he put her as being a lot taller than was advertised.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 8 Aug - 14:47

Iris wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
Not Born Yesterday wrote:Madeleine's height was given officially as 90 cm - just under 3 feet. If I remember correctly from another forum, using the tennis balls as a guide, it's been estimated that the girl in that photo is around 116 cm - nearer to 4 feet.

There can be very few photos - if any - of Madeleine that aren't of dubious validity.

On 3As, someone did an estimate of Maddie's height, using the playground photo, where she is bending over and came to a height that was over 1 metre. Looking at the height chart I have on the wall, my younger grandson was 78cms at age 18 months.
That was Stevo.  He measured her against the Wendy House.  I think he lived near a garden centre or something that sold the exact same Wendy House, so he was able to measure the height of the house accurately, then estimate Maddie's height from that.  IIRC he put her as being a lot taller than was advertised.
So, the world and his dog was looking for a blonde child, with a coloboma of the right eye, who was incredibly small for her age at just 90cms, who was not blonde, didn't have a coloboma and was a lot taller than 90cms! Very helpful information from the child's parents!
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :
Does anyone remember... - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Does anyone remember... - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Keela Thu 8 Aug - 16:28

AnnaEsse wrote:
Iris wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:

That was Stevo.  He measured her against the Wendy House.  I think he lived near a garden centre or something that sold the exact same Wendy House, so he was able to measure the height of the house accurately, then estimate Maddie's height from that.  IIRC he put her as being a lot taller than was advertised.
So, the world and his dog was looking for a blonde child, with a coloboma of the right eye, who was incredibly small for her age at just 90cms, who was not blonde, didn't have a coloboma and was a lot taller than 90cms! Very helpful information from the child's parents!

Could it be that they gave out misleading information or non-information because they didn't know what she looked like??!!
Keela
Keela
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2360
Warning :
Does anyone remember... - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Does anyone remember... - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Thu 8 Aug - 17:26

Have to say looking at the tennis ball photo Maddie does look like she has quite big hands.Also i know from our kids plates that they made that the imprint tends to come up bigger than the hand and then if you overpaint it a bit they can end up looking bigger than the actual hand so i am not convinced there is anything wrong with that.
But,it does all look pathetically stage managed and really quite disturbing.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidA Thu 8 Aug - 17:36

Keela wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
Iris wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:

Could it be that they gave out misleading information or non-information because they didn't know what she looked like??!!
That's a very interesting conclusion. Either they did not know, or they knew it was better to create confusion. But the 'did not know' idea is something that has not been discussed much before I think.

Also, I think this shows more evidence, with a lot of other evidence, that 'an accident on the 3rd while eating tapas' is not the only answer. There would be normal and many photos of her from the holiday and the family enjoying themselves.
DavidA
DavidA
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 385
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 8 Aug - 20:35

I'm not sure which is more confusing: the many faces of Madeleine McCann or those of her supposed abductor.

We haven't really got a clue what either of them looked like.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Thu 8 Aug - 22:36

She still looked like a fairly normal little girl to me.

All kids that age are a bit bendy and photos can do strange things to all of us.

That some of those photos have been changed for commercial purposes is beyond doubt.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  susible Fri 9 Aug - 0:58

Lioned wrote:She still looked like a fairly normal little girl to me.

All kids that age are a bit bendy and photos can do strange things to all of us.

That some of those photos have been changed for commercial purposes is beyond doubt.
Agree, and whilst I think the whole plate thing is weird and out of place, I don't think the handprints are (did a bit of an experiment with my hands on standard small plate (bigger than side plate, smaller than dinner plate) and my hands would not fit, and whilst I'm probably taller than average my hands are not huge, even an adult with small hands would find it difficult to put both hands apart and make a paint impression.

But the creation of the (possibly) ceramic plate, with (allegedly) Madeleine's handprints, the message on it and the timing of the delivery to the recipients is still a mystery..as are most things McCann (no wonder they don't like the word Mystery..unless of course they are using it themselves)
susible
susible
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 282
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Fri 9 Aug - 1:07

just throwing in my twopennorth. it was once discussed that Madeleines hands in the blue football jersey photo looked too big and there was discussion that it wasn't her hand at all. As with the plate, if we can tell from a photo using Mrs Healey as a guide then I agree the hands do look big.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Fri 9 Aug - 13:38

Iris wrote:Is this the one kitti?

Does anyone remember... - Page 3 MadeprintsDM1910_468x367

ETA You're absolutely right!  It's a dark photograph, but I blew it up to 250% and lightened it and Maddie's hair IS dark in the pendant picture!

Does anyone remember... - Page 3 9458920648_8a3aa43c78
There is a very active debate about this on the "Controversy" Facebook page. Good questions being asked, imo, and a few simply suggesting that questions are inappropriate about a grieving grandma.

I decided to have a look at this and observe and ask questions about it here.

The writing seems to have been done first because the handprints look as though they are fitted around it.

The phalanges of the fingers are curiously separate and distinct. That surely wouldn't happen if the child pressed her hand onto paint. Was paint applied with a brush, leaving spaces at the joints?

The fingers of the left hand are poker straight, while those of the right curve and they curve neatly parallel to each other. This curve helps the print to fit onto the plate around the writing. The palm is straight. I can't get my fingers to curve while my palm is flat on a surface. I've experimented. If I curve my fingers like that, they won't lie straight against a surface and my palm won't lie flat either. Perhaps it's different with a small child's hand. I'll ask my two grandsons tomorrow to try it out.

Both little fingers look compressed. I don't know how that happens and the print still shows fingers flat against a surface. The third joint of the little finger of the left hand is just neatly not there. Again will ask my two test subjects.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidA Fri 9 Aug - 14:05

I am not sure if the pendant photo is relevant. When you compare to the photo of Madeleine in this forum heading area, the left side of her hair because of the light is dark. Plus the pendant photo is too small.

I think the plate is strange. Because it looks like it is too perfect, like Kate's report that Madeleine told her it was her 'best day ever'.

But if the plate is not real, then Kate's mother is part of the apparent deception, and I do not know that I believe that.
DavidA
DavidA
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 385
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 9 Aug - 14:10

She was the one who supplied the press with stories of six dead bodies before the holiday. So yes, IMHO she's part of the deception.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 9 Aug - 14:12

Not Born Yesterday wrote:As I said on another topic, there is absolutely no way in my opinion that Susan Healy and the rest of the unsavoury relatives aren't involved in this farce up to their necks.

They have gone along with all the lies - starting with the "highly noticeable coloboma" which became an insignificant fleck that "they never made much of" - MY ELBOW! - and not said anything critical about the dodgy fund or the McCanns' efforts to silence anyone with the effrontery not to believe them.

Come the revolution - round the lot of them up!
I can't see how she is NOT involved.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  susible Fri 9 Aug - 23:19

I think I might have sussed the plate thing or rather the unlikelihood of a ceramic plate being used. On closer examination, the white heart shape with the handprints, actually looks like a piece of paper that's been cut into the shape of the heart plate as it is not 100% equal on all sides and the dips of the hearts don't match up. It'sthen been stuck onto the plate, which means that the handprints were probably just done on plain paper. I think the inscription was probably added after the event

Of course the back story still makes no sense, but assuming it's not the most truthful of versions (as if lol) and the nursery handprints were brought from Rothley to Granny after Madeleine's disappearance, Ma Healy has cut it out, stuck it on the heart plate, neatly inscribed with Madeleine's message to her...voila heart wrenching photo of bereft grandmother with her grandchild's last gift to her, presented in true team mccann style as this fairytale type scenario, that on the surface most people would not question..they all just go "Awwwww..poor things" mission accomplished..

Does Ma Healy know, yes, I think she probably does.
susible
susible
Reg Member
Reg Member

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sat 10 Aug - 7:41

susible wrote:I think I might have sussed the plate thing or rather the unlikelihood of a ceramic plate being used.  On closer examination, the white heart shape with the handprints, actually looks like a piece of paper that's been cut into the shape of the heart plate as it is not 100% equal on all sides and the dips of the hearts don't match up.  It'sthen been stuck onto the plate, which means that the handprints were probably just done on plain paper.  I think the inscription was probably added after the event

Of course the back story still makes no sense, but assuming it's not the most truthful of versions (as if lol) and the nursery handprints were brought from Rothley to Granny after Madeleine's disappearance, Ma Healy has cut it out, stuck it on the heart plate, neatly inscribed with Madeleine's message to her...voila heart wrenching photo of bereft grandmother with her grandchild's last gift to her, presented in true team mccann style as this fairytale type scenario, that on the surface most people would not question..they all just go "Awwwww..poor things"  mission accomplished..

Susible I think you might be right. That kind of glazed ceramic dish usually has a sheen and in one area on the left you can see refraction of light between the white and the red as well as on some areas around the rim of the dish. However, the white has no sheen, like paper.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  weissnicht Sat 10 Aug - 10:08

AnnaEsse wrote:
susible wrote:I think I might have sussed the plate thing or rather the unlikelihood of a ceramic plate being used.  On closer examination, the white heart shape with the handprints, actually looks like a piece of paper that's been cut into the shape of the heart plate as it is not 100% equal on all sides and the dips of the hearts don't match up.  It'sthen been stuck onto the plate, which means that the handprints were probably just done on plain paper.  I think the inscription was probably added after the event

Of course the back story still makes no sense, but assuming it's not the most truthful of versions (as if lol) and the nursery handprints were brought from Rothley to Granny after Madeleine's disappearance, Ma Healy has cut it out, stuck it on the heart plate, neatly inscribed with Madeleine's message to her...voila heart wrenching photo of bereft grandmother with her grandchild's last gift to her, presented in true team mccann style as this fairytale type scenario, that on the surface most people would not question..they all just go "Awwwww..poor things"  mission accomplished..

Susible I think you might be right. That kind of glazed ceramic dish usually has a sheen and in one area on the left you can see refraction of light between the white and the red as well as on some areas around the rim of the dish. However, the white has no sheen, like paper.
How ever the plate is or not is, the whole PR exercise was having a bad taste from the start, I felt nauseous when I saw the photo of granny the first time, I still remember. Nothing sounded, looked right, PR screaming all over it. And slimy 'pink' touch added, you know.. PR, PR, PR. The end. Nothing is real in the mcworld. All just made up for the 'subjects' in the story, the subjects who give them money.
weissnicht
weissnicht
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 851
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sat 10 Aug - 10:37

weissnicht wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:

How ever the plate is or not is, the whole PR exercise was having a bad taste from the start, I felt nauseous when I saw the photo of granny the first time, I still remember. Nothing sounded, looked right, PR screaming all over it. And slimy 'pink' touch added, you know.. PR, PR, PR. The end. Nothing is real in the mcworld. All just made up for the 'subjects' in the story, the subjects who give them money.
While, I think, Eileen McCann sounded distraught in interview, Susan Healy sounded like she was describing something slightly irritating. For me, there was never any depth to what she was saying. In my opinion, Susan Healy is as shallow as her daughter.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Sat 10 Aug - 13:22

AnnaEsse wrote:
weissnicht wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:

While, I think, Eileen McCann sounded distraught in interview, Susan Healy sounded like she was describing something slightly irritating. For me, there was never any depth to what she was saying. In my opinion, Susan Healy is as shallow as her daughter.
From what I've seen of Eileen McCann, she is as bad as the rest of Madeleine's immediate family. She along with the rest of the immediate family, seemed to take great delight, as she relayed what she deemed as Madeleine's bad points to the media.

This horrible woman confirmed how bad she was, when she told an interviewer, in the link below, how uplifted her son was, now the fund was up and running.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ML-gTcKDKrM

I've got no time for any of Madeleine's immediate family. Nothing they have ever said, shows to me, that they had any feelings for Madeleine, the only time any of them showed any real passion, was when the 'Gruesome Twosome' were being rightly criticised, by those of us, who were disgusted at their treatment of their 3 children, especially Madeleine. This confirmed my views that the lot of them knew what happened to Madeleine and if she was dead or alive.

I sincerely hope that the cavalier attitude they have shown towards Madeleine's disappearance, is because Madeleine is alive, well and living with a family, who are giving her the love and care, she appeared not to get with her parents and the rest of her immediate family. The thought of this family, portraying a cavalier attitude towards Madeleine's disappearance, knowing she died as the result of an accident caused by one or both of her so called parents, doesn't bear thinking about.

kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  susible Sat 10 Aug - 13:28

And don't forget Kathybelle, Gerry saying, "If Madeleine had an accident in the apartment when they were not there, how would that be their fault"

Un-frckin-believable...
susible
susible
Reg Member
Reg Member

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 10 Aug - 13:45

They are all supposed to be such devout Catholics. Yet they would all deny an innocent little child a proper burial and a place in their Heaven. To save their own sorry skins. I'll bet that their God is real proud of them.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Sat 10 Aug - 13:59

susible wrote:And don't forget Kathybelle, Gerry saying, "If Madeleine had an accident in the apartment when they were not there, how would that be their fault"

Un-frckin-believable...
Exactly Susible, the McCanns also said they didn't call Madeleine 'Maddie' in some of their interviews, they didn't refer to Madeleine by her name. In one of Gerry's blogs, he even spelt Madeleine's name wrong. How can you spell your daughter's name wrong?

How Scotland Yard can say that the McCanns are not persons of interest to them, is beyond me. When police are investigating the death of a child or a missing child, they look at the behaviour of the people who are the primary carers of the children. When the police were investigating the deaths of the Philpott children, it didn't take them long to discover that Mick Philpott and his wife were involved with their deaths and this was because of the crocodile tears they were shedding and other behaviour they portrayed to them.

The Philpotts are now where they belong, in jail, although in my opinion, they should have been charged and convicted for murder, because they knew their children were in bed, when they set fire to their home.

The McCanns have also portrayed behaviour which is not that of parents whose child has gone missing. As you say Susible, Gerry said if Madeleine had an accident in their apartment while they weren't there, how would it be their fault? I can't remember what question Kate was asked, which made her say, 'well it was our holiday too' but whatever the question was, the answer she gave, was one of a parent who didn't give a stuff about her children.

As you say Susible 'Un-frckin-believable'.
kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 10 Aug - 14:55

Why did Mister Gerry call her "Maddie" at the Leveson Inquiry then? Isn't that lying under oath?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Does anyone remember... - Page 3 Empty Well, well, well.

Post  Guest Sat 10 Aug - 17:58

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2386780/Why-heart-shaped-plate-leave-pocket-Customers-tip-restaurants-served-love-symbol.html

Does anyone remember... - Page 3 Article-2386780-1B3384EE000005DC-137_634x537
Does anyone remember... - Page 3 MadeprintsDM1910_468x367
Does anyone remember... - Page 3 9480959660_95e8c3673a
Same shade of pink and everything. I don't think it's the exact same plate because the one Ma Healy is holding up has a wee pattern round the rim. A pre-printed pattern, not made by a child, it is far too even and exact. And therefore even more unlikely to have been knocked up at a nursery or in a ceramics café IMHO.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  susible Sat 10 Aug - 18:18

That looks like it Iris, and with Madeleine's handprints on paper, cut out and stuck to the plate..

Notably it is listed as a "tip" plate...how (in)appropriate
susible
susible
Reg Member
Reg Member

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 10 Aug - 18:23

It's the picture that accompanies the Daily Wail article. I am convinced that journalists do read these forums! Does anyone remember... - Page 3 23324 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next