Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral

+53
interested
jeanmonroe
Wintabells
maebee
tanszi
frencheuropean
Lioned
cass
wjk
dazedandconfused
fuzeta
the slave
MaryB
wantthetruth
Claudia79
jassi
Karen
LJC
Justiceforallkids
Chris
Krisy22
saloongirl
dutchclogs
Annabel
margaret
James
quickfingers
pennylane
Panda
mara thon
Keela
comperedna
T4two
Angelina
Carolina
jinvta
mumbles
weissnicht
chrissie1
devonmum
AnneGuedes
Lillyofthevalley
Badboy
HiDeHo
bill516
JOHNFRANCIS
Freja53
Loopdaloop
matthew
kathybelle
chrissie
Palmeras16
SteveT
57 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 3 Empty Re: Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral

Post  Claudia79 Tue 27 Aug - 0:03

I also haven't heard about any dates but I've recently come back from my vacation and have been a bit busy.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7007
Warning :
Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 3 Empty Re: Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral

Post  Justiceforallkids Tue 27 Aug - 8:07

Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 5102
Warning :
Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Tue 27 Aug - 9:40

Jerry Lawton (Daily Star) appears to be confirming the Sept 9th court date via Twitter:

Jerry Lawton ‏@JerryLawton 37m
@beemmjay2011 @IWILLNOTGOAWAY we covered all Amaral hearings and reported verdicts and will continue to cover next month's
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Tue 27 Aug - 9:52

Who is Jerry Lawton?
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 27 Aug - 9:55

The Daily Star's Chief Crime Correspondent.

It was he who used the dreaded word "disgraced" again recently.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/334653/New-Portuguese-cop-squad-hunt-Madeleine-McCann

I was hoping that this cracker was his too but it isn't.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/201447/Cops-crack-Madeleine-McCann-codes

Even dear old Antonella in The Sun would have trouble coming up with anything to match this one.

Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 3 23324 Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 3 23324 Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 3 23324 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Tue 27 Aug - 12:52

did JL really cover all the hearing and reported on them. I didn't see anything anywhere in the UK media which announced that the ruling banning Dr Goncalo Amaral's book had been overturned and that he was free to sell it. then I don't read the daily star, I fell sure someone here would have noticed it. hasten to add don't read any daily papers, get all the news on the internet,. jimo.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Tue 27 Aug - 13:09

Not Born Yesterday wrote:The Daily Star's Chief Crime Correspondent.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/334653/New-Portuguese-cop-squad-hunt-Madeleine-McCann

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/201447/Cops-crack-Madeleine-McCann-codes

Even dear old Antonella in The Sun would have trouble coming up with anything to match this one.

Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 3 23324 Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 3 23324 Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 3 23324 

OMG!!!! What a joke. So the abductors were watching the apartment in a tiny village before the Mccanns even arrived. You can't make it up Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 3 294124 
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 27 Aug - 13:50

We can no longer use the expression "you couldn't make it up" to describe McCann stories because someone has done just that!

Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 3 294124
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Keela Tue 27 Aug - 14:19

fred wrote:
Not Born Yesterday wrote:The Daily Star's Chief Crime Correspondent.

OMG!!!!  What a joke.  So the abductors were watching the apartment in a tiny village before the Mccanns even arrived.  You can't make it up Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 3 294124 

if the "abductors" had been watching the apartment, how did they know which apartment they would be staying in. Unless of course they were tipped off by some swarthy, egg-headed person
Keela
Keela
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2360
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 27 Aug - 14:22

If I recall correctly, the Gordon family was in that apartment the week before. They must be so relieved that their children escaped the clutches of the fiendish abductor!

There but for fortune go they.........
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  weissnicht Tue 27 Aug - 14:28

fred wrote:Who is Jerry Lawton?
He is a devout McCult member. He thinks mcs are Gods, and I'm not kidding.
weissnicht
weissnicht
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 851
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Tue 27 Aug - 15:01

weissnicht wrote:
Pat Brown has posted on Facebook that Nancy Grace is going to interview him about the McCann case!
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Tue 27 Aug - 15:28

AnnaEsse wrote:
weissnicht wrote:
Pat Brown has posted on Facebook that Nancy Grace is going to interview him about the McCann case!
Pat Brown is disgusted by Nancy Grace. I couldn't believe the shit Nancy came out with in her last interview, no doubt this will be the same old!
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Tue 27 Aug - 15:32

fred wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
weissnicht wrote:
Pat Brown is disgusted by Nancy Grace.  I couldn't believe the shit Nancy came out with in her last interview, no doubt this will be the same old!
Pat Brown:

Good God! Nancy Grace is now getting her "facts" from Daily Star "journalist" Jerry Lawton (who will on her show tonight discussing the "new developments" in the Madeleine McCann case).
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Wed 28 Aug - 8:17

https://www.facebook.com/NancyGraceHLN
I've read some shite in my time, but this takes the biscuit.
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Wed 28 Aug - 9:05

fred wrote:https://www.facebook.com/NancyGraceHLN
I've read some shite in my time, but this takes the biscuit.
Good morning Fred, I'm doing my bit to put the record straight on the Nancy Grace Facebook page. I've even told Nancy Grace to stop putting inaccurate information on her page.
kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Wed 28 Aug - 9:59

Here's the Daily Star again, with even more court dates for your delectation:

Madeleine McCann detective faces court

THE detective who headed the original investigation to find Madeleine McCann faces court next week over a book he wrote claiming the youngster’s parents covered up her death.

By Daily Star Reporter/Published 28th August 2013

Portuguese Goncalo Amaral, 52, is being sued for £1million in libel damages by Kate and Gerry McCann, both 45.

The civil case in Lisbon will be adjourned on September 13 and will then continue on September 19 and 20.

Madeleine vanished just days before her fourth birthday from her family’s holiday apartment in the Algarve resort of Praia da Luz on May 3, 2007.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/334979/Madeleine-McCann-detective-faces-court-
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 28 Aug - 10:25

This is very strange. How does the anonymous writer of this article know in advance that the case will be adjourned on 13th September?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Carolina Wed 28 Aug - 11:07

How does this journalist know the dates when the defendent hasn't been informed of any dates.
Carolina
Carolina
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 874
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 28 Aug - 11:10

Are those dates relevant for 2012?

If so, it's hard to see how even a tabloid journalist could regurgitate them into a story for 2013 but anything is possible!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 28 Aug - 11:19

Well isn't it obvious? It's been written by Mystic Meg!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  jeanmonroe Wed 28 Aug - 11:21

Not Born Yesterday wrote:Are those dates relevant for 2012?

If so, it's hard to see how even a tabloid journalist could regurgitate them into a story for 2013 but anything is possible!
http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2012/04/goncalo-amarals-book-maddie-truth-of.html

Another legal action where Gonçalo Amaral is also targeted by the McCann couple, where they claim 1.2 million euros for alleged statements that the couple consider defamatory, will take place on September 13, 2012 [the first session].

A judicial source told today to Lusa News Agency that the trial that was scheduled to start on February 9 of the current year, will proceed on 14, 20 and 21 of September, at the 1st Circuit of the Civil Court of Lisbon, at the Justice Palace.

WELL, that's the great British investigative journalism at it's very FINEST!

ETA: Remind me, didn't the McCanns LOSE that one, as well?

Oh yeah, they did!

http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2010/10/lisbon-appeals-court-ruling.html
III – Decision

In harmony with what is written above, under the terms of the cited dispositions, the Judges at this Appeals Court declare the VALIDITY of the appeal filed by defendant Dr. Gonçalo Amaral, and the sentence of the a quo Court is revoked, its disposition replaced by the following:

The injunction is deemed not valid because it was not PROVED.

Furthermore we deliberate that we do not acknowledge the rest of the appeals.

Costs to be PAID by the appealed parties the McCann couple AND their THREE children.

Lisbon and Appeals Court, 14.10.2010

The Appellate Court Judges,

Francisco Bruto da Costa
Catarina Arelo Manso
António Valente

G Amaral 2 McCanns 0.
jeanmonroe
jeanmonroe
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1041
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Wed 28 Aug - 13:25

The costs haven't been paid yet either.

It was asserted that the costs to mr amaral will go against the libel trial .

How the hell do the mccanns get away with this I don't l know.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Wed 28 Aug - 13:40

kitti wrote:The costs haven't been paid yet either.

That doesn't seem right at all kitti!
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3288
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Wed 28 Aug - 13:43

chrissie wrote:
kitti wrote:The costs haven't been paid yet either.

That doesn't seem right at all kitti!
There is NOTHING right about this and there never has been, I can't seeit changing anytime soon!
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next