Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mr Amaral filing formal complaint against UK papers :)

5 posters

Go down

Mr Amaral filing formal complaint against UK papers :)  Empty Mr Amaral filing formal complaint against UK papers :)

Post  cherry1 Sat 22 Sep - 20:27

https://gazetadigitalmadeleinecase.blogspot.com/2018/09/goncalo-amaral-daily-mail-story-is.html?m=1

Friday, 21 September 2018

Gonçalo Amaral: “Daily Mail” story is “completely false”

"The news published by the Daily Mail and other British newspapers about an alleged lawsuit I have brought against the McCann is completely false. I did not file any lawsuit or demand any compensation from the McCann", Gonçalo Amaral told us, today, after questioned about a story published by that tabloid, saying that the McCann may have to pay him 750,000 pounds for compensation because of a complaint filed by him, wiping out the Fund for the search of Maddie.

"The case reported by the 'Daily Mail' concerns a complaint filled by the McCann themselves with the European Court of Human Rights in Strasbourg against the Portuguese State. If that court decides any compensation must be paid, it can only be payed to them, by the Portuguese State, for failures of the Portuguese Justice system. If they lose the case, they will never, under any circumstances, have to pay any compensation to anyone”, said the former investigator of Polícia Judiciária.

Gonçalo Amaral also told us that "in the next few days" he will file a formal complaint against the Daily Mail and other British newspapers, which printed the same story, with the Independent Press Standards Organization (IPSO), a self-regulatory entity of the British Press.

"The McCann Fund never paid me anything, just paid - and a lot – to private lawyers and detectives to investigate me and file complaints against me, which is a utilization of that Fund that I don't see is compatible with its legally defined purpose - the search for Madeleine McCann", said Gonçalo Amaral.

Paulo Reis em 23:50:00

cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6529
Warning :
Mr Amaral filing formal complaint against UK papers :)  Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Mr Amaral filing formal complaint against UK papers :)  Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2012-02-03

Back to top Go down

Mr Amaral filing formal complaint against UK papers :)  Empty Re: Mr Amaral filing formal complaint against UK papers :)

Post  interested Sat 22 Sep - 23:49

Many thanks to "cherry1" for the article above. I am so happy to hear that Mr. Amaral is going to take "action" against the U.K. papers who have maligned him for eleven years. I hope this "action" results in substantial damages paid in his favour. As I mentioned earlier I would be glad to offer my support to help him attain this goal. If anyone knows of a fund being set up to help out, please post the details so that I can contribute. We don't get any information here in Canada about the so-called "investigation" or for that matter what the McCanns are up to; I rely on the good people who post here to keep me informed. I read the U.K. papers online but long ago given up on reading anything resembling accurate information when it comes to Madeleine's case.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :
Mr Amaral filing formal complaint against UK papers :)  Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Mr Amaral filing formal complaint against UK papers :)  Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Mr Amaral filing formal complaint against UK papers :)  Empty Re: Mr Amaral filing formal complaint against UK papers :)

Post  xtina Mon 24 Sep - 10:31

Seems Goncalo Amaral is lodging his complaint today ...will be interesting to see the outcome....
xtina
xtina
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 329
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Mon 24 Sep - 11:55

interesting times lay ahead, get your spectator seat ready
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 8852
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Mon 24 Sep - 15:15

http://findmadeleine.com/about_us/madeleines-fund.html

Madeleine's Fund
About the Fund

Madeleine's Fund - 'Leaving No Stone Unturned' is a not-for-profit company which has been established to find Madeleine McCann, support her family and bring her abductors to justice. The Fund is following best practice governance procedures as set out in the Good Governance Code for the Voluntary and Community Sector. The directors of the company are Brian Kennedy, Michael Linnett, Edward Smethurst, Jon Corner, Kate McCann & Gerry McCann. They have appropriate legal, business and charitable experience. An experienced Fund Administrator has been appointed to ensure the highest standards of transparency and accountability. This should enable the Directors to maintain an appropriate governance distance in the day-to-day operations of the Fund.

Fund Objectives

The full objects of the Fund are:

To secure the safe return to her family of Madeleine McCann who was abducted in Praia da Luz, Portugal on Thursday 3rd May 2007;
To procure that Madeleine's abduction is thoroughly investigated and that her abductors, as well as those who played or play any part in assisting them, are identified and brought to justice; and
To provide support, including financial assistance, to Madeleine's family.
If the above objects are fulfilled then the objects of the Foundation shall be to pursue such purposes in similar cases arising in the United Kingdom, Portugal or elsewhere.
Unquote.

I can't see any part of this list of fund objectives where it states it can be used to employ private lawyers or detectives to lodge complaints about a police officer running an investigation to find their 3 year old child who they left baby sitting her 18 month old twin siblings, while they were dining and drinking with their friends.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Tue 25 Sep - 13:10

FUND ADMINISTRATOR,WHOM ARE THEY?
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 8852
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Tue 25 Sep - 19:30

Badboy wrote:FUND ADMINISTRATOR,WHOM ARE THEY?

Hi Badboy, this link below will show who the original administrators were. Some have left and others have joined...

malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down