Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Statements from those who Rented Renault Scenic

Go down

Statements from those who Rented Renault Scenic Empty Statements from those who Rented Renault Scenic

Post  Info Mon 22 Feb - 19:40

Volume XIII
Pages 3897 to 3900

Witness Statement

John Brown

Date: 2007.10.05

I am the above named person and I write this statement in relation to a week I went to Portugal to play golf. I flew from Luton Airport, London to Faro, Portugal Airport on May 8th 2007. I went with my wife B*** B***, Michael WRIGHT a friend and his wife S*** W****, N***** R******, his wife J***** R******. It was a golfing holiday over four different courses. We all stayed with a friend out in the country. It was a villa belonging to D**** B*****. I have known him for 15 years. It is his privately owned villa. I booked my flights separately through EASy Jet. It is the first time I have stayed there with him. The only other time I have been to Portugal is approx 10 yrs ago. I usually go on holiday three times a year, this year I have been away four times in various locations, Egypt, Croatia, Devon and Portugal. I booked the flight myself. I booked the hire car online via the Easy Jet web page. I cant remember through whom. I hired this car in the spring time but I can't remember when. I booked it with two named drivers, myself andMichael WRIGHT . We both drove the car I hired at different times throughout the holiday. We used the car the transport some of the group to different courses for golf, restaurants and the villa. The only people to use or get in the car were myself,my wife , mr and mrs Wright and mrs R*****. No other person got into or used the car at all. To the extent that no one got into the car to even park it for us. the villa we stayed at was near Faro I believe. I collected the hire car upon arrival from the rental company at the airport in Faro and returned it to the same spot.

It had no damage to it at all. It was clean. I don't remember any marks or anything. The car was a people carrier with a rear storage area. It was a four door with tailgate boot door. We put suitcases for travelling to and from the airport and otherwise everyone I have mentioned that has travelled in the car has put golfing clothing and equipment. I had no problems with the car and did not need to change tyres or fill water up or anything. I think we travelled in the car alone. The car was a light colour. It was I believe a Renault car. I dropped the car off at the same place I hired it and picked it up on May 15th when I flew back to Luton, London. I generally followed Mr B****** around and he took us everywhere. One of the places we went to was TEVIRA. I can't remember the other places. The car was always left secure and locked to my knowledge.
Beyond the people named, at no point did we take any other baggage, belongings or property belonging to anyone else in the car. I have no idea how much I paid for the hire car. I think I paid for it by a Natwest access card but I am not totally sure. I did not do any other checks on the car or have trouble with it. I fully support police proceedings and I am willing to attend court should I be required to do so. I am sure also could provide further information from my papers at home if required.
Info
Info
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 767
Warning :
Statements from those who Rented Renault Scenic Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Statements from those who Rented Renault Scenic Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-02-05

Back to top Go down

Statements from those who Rented Renault Scenic Empty Re: Statements from those who Rented Renault Scenic

Processos Vol XI

Pages 2997 – 2999

Witness Statement

Fernando Adolfo de Vasconcelos Pereira

Date: 3 October 2007; Time: 15h00; Place: DIC Portimao

Officer: Paulo F., Inspector

To the matter at hand he said:

He appears in the case as a witness given that he had in his possession, between 17 May 2007 and 22 May 2007, a vehicle, Renault Scenic, whose licence number he does not recall, that was rented through the Liberty insurance company as a substitute vehicle for his usual one that had been involved in an accident. It being that he was shown a copy of the rental contract referring to the vehicle of that make and model with licence 59-DA-27, which he confirmed as having signed, through the insurance company.
He had collected the vehicle from the AAC premises in Praia da Rocha on 17 May, having returned it at the premises of the school where he worked, where an employee ofthe rental company had gone [to collect it] on 22 May.
Asked to clarify his use of the vehicle he states that it was used basically for daily routine trips in the area around his residence. He was the driver of the vehicle during that time, admitting, though, that his wife had used it once for the specific purpose of going to the school where he worked.
Questioned he states that besides his children, his wife and his/her father, no other person was conveyed in that vehicle.
Also questioned he states that he never transported cadavers, human or any other species, nor any objects that could have been in contact with cadavers. He states further that during that period neither he nor other people transported in the vehicle had been in contact with cadavers.
Asked he affirms not meeting nor having had any kind of relationship either with the McCanns or with any other persons with whom they were related/associated.
He affirms not having knowledge of any situation happening with the vehicle that could possibly relate to the fact of cadaver odour having been found in it.
The witness was advised of the fact that from this moment he was obligated under judicial secrecy and to its inherent consequences.
Nothing more was said ...
Info
Info
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :
Statements from those who Rented Renault Scenic Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Statements from those who Rented Renault Scenic Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Statements from those who Rented Renault Scenic Empty Re: Statements from those who Rented Renault Scenic

Thanks to Albym

CARTAS ROGATORIAS UK (FILE 4) Pages 16 to 17

Witness statement of Michael George Wright

Date: 2008.05.01

Deposition of: Michael G Wright
Age if less than 18 years:

This deposition (comprising 1 page and signed by me) is true and according to my understanding. I testify with the knowledge that, given evidence to the contrary, I will be subject to arrest in the case I have voluntarily testified about something that I know to be false or not to correspond to the truth.

I live at the address previously furnished to the Leicester police and I am currently retired.

In May 2007 I went to Portugal with my wife on a golfing trip known as Wycherts Springs Tour. We were 14 people on a trip organised by Roger Ga.

We were lodged in a house of one of the group members named David Be. and whose address is: Casa xxxxxxxxx, Rua Ricardo Filipe, Quinta das Raposeiras, Bordeira, Santa Bárbara de Nexe.

Although the trip was organised by by Roger, it was I who reserved the flights for my wife and for me. Our friend John Brown organised the rental vehicle that we were going to use whilst we were in Portugal.

My wife and I caught the Easyjet flight from Luton to Faro on 8 May 2007. At the Faro airport John was to collect the rental car that he had reserved, on which I was added as additional driver. The car was used basically by me and my wife, by John and his wife. The only other person of the group who travelled in the vehicle during that week was Sra Ra.

I don't remember any detail of the car. I think it was a silver-grey Peugeot, but consulting the Budget rental contract I confirm that it was a Renault. The only memory that I have of the vehicle is that it did not have a key to start the ignition, but some kind of credit card that was inserted into a slot.

The car was returned to Rent-a-Car at the airport on 15 May 2007 at the end of our stay. But no-one other than John Brown and myself drove the vehicle during that week.

I am not known by the McCann family nor have I ever met with any of them.

During the period that I used the vehicle no-one was wounded or had wounds that bled, nor was any cadaver transported nor did anyone die.

This testimony was made by me and is true according to my understanding.
Info
Info
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down