Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Parents on high alert after spate of abduction attempts

+4
AnnaEsse
steve1295
welshy
deborah
8 posters

Go down

Parents on high alert after spate of abduction attempts Empty Parents on high alert after spate of abduction attempts

Post  Guest Tue 1 Jun - 23:12

Streets of fear: Shock and anger as driver tries to snatch young girls

By Conor Feehan

Saturday May 29 2010

A spate of abduction attempts in north Dublin has left residents petrified.

In the past week there have been at least four reports of girls being targeted outside schools and shops in Finglas and Artane.

The latest reports follow similar alleged attempted abductions in Naas and Swords.

In Finglas, a man in what was described as a silver car, allegedly tried to snatch three different girls, the first incident being on Tuesday and the other two on Thursday.

Meanwhile in Artane, a school has sent a text alert to parents reminding them to tell their children not to approach strangers in cars.

"There was a reported incident of a girl being grabbed at around the Griffith Park area in Finglas on Tuesday," said one concerned parent.

"Then a seven-year-old was nearly taken on Thursday outside a shop on Ballygall Road. The gardai were informed and began interviewing witnesses when they were then alerted of another attempted snatch half an hour later not too far away," the dad added.

"Obviously the message needs to get out there to parents and children that they need to be very careful."

Gardai have said their investigations into the reports are ongoing.

Meanwhile, a sinister attempt to abduct a child from an Artane primary school has led to calls for pupils and parents to be vigilant about strangers offering lifts to youngsters.

The worrying incident happened this week when a third-class pupil was believed to have been approached by a man driving a blue car who said he was a friend of the family and had already been to her house.

The specific targeting of the girl, and the nature of the attempt to lure her into the vehicle by trying to gain her trust, has frightened parents. The school has circulated a warning message by text.

The girl is a primary pupil of Scoil Chaitriona in Artane, but other children from other schools could also become targets, it is feared. "Parents, please be vigilant regarding children being offered lifts by strangers," the text massage from the school reads.

"A child was offered a lift by man in blue car who said he was a friend of the family and had been in the child's house. The child was safe, but ensure children do not get into cars, even if the person says they know the family well," it continues.

Scoil Chaitriona school principal Maire Bennett confirmed that a message had been sent to parents in relation to what was being seen as an attempted abduction but would not elaborate further.

Gardai said no attempted abduction in the area had been reported to them, and as such the matter was not under official investigation.

However, parents today expressed their concerns, saying they were now walking their children to the school door and collecting them from the same point every day.

"Whoever this is is obviously trying very hard to get the confidence of the children by saying he is a friend of the family, and trying to figure out his motives would sicken you," said one mother.

"We can't rest until this person is caught. My big fear is that he will disappear now until the worry dies down, and then come back out when people don't expect it."

"If your kids aren't safe going to school where are they safe?" asked another concerned lady.

"We only heard about it yesterday by text and it gave us a terrible fright," said another mother.

cfeehan@herald.ie
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Parents on high alert after spate of abduction attempts Empty Re: Parents on high alert after spate of abduction attempts

Post  deborah Tue 1 Jun - 23:22

How worrying , a few weeks ago near to where I live - not Ireland - there were several police standing outside the school gates and mothers were asking why ? what has happened ? - It unfolded that a stranger had been talking to and attempting to lure children to go with him to nearby shops - a mother had called the police ---- YET -- THE SCHOOL did NOT tell the parents , so only by the inquisitive parents speaking to the police officers were they alerted to this , this school did the right thing in Ireland
deborah
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 875
Warning :
Parents on high alert after spate of abduction attempts Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Parents on high alert after spate of abduction attempts Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-29

Back to top Go down

Parents on high alert after spate of abduction attempts Empty Re: Parents on high alert after spate of abduction attempts

Post  Guest Tue 1 Jun - 23:25

deborah wrote:How worrying , a few weeks ago near to where I live - not Ireland - there were several police standing outside the school gates and mothers were asking why ? what has happened ? - It unfolded that a stranger had been talking to and attempting to lure children to go with him to nearby shops - a mother had called the police ---- YET -- THE SCHOOL did NOT tell the parents , so only by the inquisitive parents speaking to the police officers were they alerted to this , this school did the right thing in Ireland

My niece goes to one of the schools this car was seen outside. The parents are taking turns to be there all day every day so no child gets taken. Its a terrifying thought.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  deborah Tue 1 Jun - 23:29

[quote="Antoinette"]
deborah wrote:How worrying , a few weeks ago near to where I live - not Ireland - there were several police standing outside the school gates and mothers were asking why ? what has happened ? - It unfolded that a stranger had been talking to and attempting to lure children to go with him to nearby shops - a mother had called the police ---- YET -- THE SCHOOL did NOT tell the parents , so only by the inquisitive parents speaking to the police officers were they alerted to this , this school did the right thing in Ireland

My niece goes to one of the schools this car was seen outside. The parents are taking turns to be there all day every day so no child gets taken. Its a terrifying thought.[/quote
That is good - sometimes there are real cases of abduction - what about the new alert system ??? !! could they help ????!!!
deborah
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :
Parents on high alert after spate of abduction attempts Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Parents on high alert after spate of abduction attempts Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 1 Jun - 23:33

[quote="deborah"]
Antoinette wrote:

My niece goes to one of the schools this car was seen outside. The parents are taking turns to be there all day every day so no child gets taken. Its a terrifying thought.[/quote
That is good - sometimes there are real cases of abduction - what about the new alert system ??? !! could they help ????!!!

There is no one to run it. I did post it up here before, ill find the link
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  deborah Tue 1 Jun - 23:41

God help us
deborah
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  welshy Wed 2 Jun - 8:21

Parents on high alert after spate of abduction attempts 83453 Bless these poor children and parents. I hope they catch whoever is is soon.
welshy
welshy
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 395
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post  steve1295 Wed 2 Jun - 10:40

The gards are on alert in west dublin as well.I heard its one guy and they know who it is and where he lives .RE the one guy and the rest,i think it just applies to west d.i think.
steve1295
steve1295
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 567
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 2 Jun - 10:41

welshy wrote:Parents on high alert after spate of abduction attempts 83453 Bless these poor children and parents. I hope they catch whoever is is soon.

All I can say on this is GOD HELP THE PERSON IF THEY TRY TO TAKE MY NIECE OR ANY OTHER CHILD. The parents are ready to kill at this stage.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 2 Jun - 23:21

NHS doctors can be child abductors too

Pervert doc

A DOCTOR who tried to lure children into his car is so dangerous that he should be monitored for life, a sheriff said yesterday.

Sheriff Craig Caldwell described Leslie Mitchell as a "determined sexual offender" who posed a "very significant risk" to kids.

Mitchell - who worked in Stirling Royal Infirmary's A&E - tried to entice two girls, aged 10 and 11, into his car.

https://missingmadeleine.forumotion.net/child-killers-rapists-pedophiles-f46/paedophile-nhs-doctor-described-as-determined-sex-offender-to-be-monitored-for-life-t10870.htm
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 7 Jun - 23:09

THERE HAVE BEEN ATTEMPTED ABDUCTIONS IN
FINGLAS BALLYMUN, COOLOCK AND SWORDS, A 6 YEAR OLD GIRL WAS TOLD BY A
MAN HE WUD GIVE HER SWEETS IF SHE WENT WITH HIM IN HIS VAN PLEASE COPY
AND PASTE THIS MESSAGE TO AS MANY PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE.. KEEP OUR KIDS SAFE
FROM THESE SCUMBAGS !!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Tue 8 Jun - 6:08

There seems to have been a sudden outbreak of lurkers. On Wednesday last week, just before I set off for a few days by the seaside in Devon, I stopped off at a supermarket and noticed the headline on a Coventry newspaper about a pervert trying to lure children outside schools.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  fedrules Tue 8 Jun - 6:52

This must be really frightening for the parents. Let's hope this man is picked up by the police before he happens upon an unsuspecting child. Let's hope that all the parents sit down and warn their children about the sort of tricks these type of men use..
fedrules
fedrules
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1282
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Tue 8 Jun - 7:46

I dont want to upset anyone but...

There was a programme on british t.v. where an undercover investigator went to a big seaside resort to do a a piece about padeophiles and how they were monitored etc.

He said one one stretch off beach which was 1 mile long their was roughly 50+ peadophiles on that stretch off beach, all well known. He blocked out their faces but he took the camera and showed viewers where some off them were and what they were doing at that moment,

They were all alone and lurking.

A police officer said, their was at least one paedophile living on EVERY street.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 8 Jun - 13:52

kitti wrote:
A police officer said, their was at least one paedophile living on EVERY street.

I didn't see the tv prog but know that the above is correct. A close mate of mine worked in the police force paedophile child protection/ monitoring unit. They are only allowed to work in that area for so long due to the horrific nature of the work. But I was told that statistically there is one paedophile in every street in the UK.

The government needs to get tough, in my opinion, with those that harm children. Sending a senior police officer round for a brief chat once a month (post-prison) is not good enough, even then there is no legal obligation for the offender to converse with the police or tell them anything or even let them in.

Pierrepoint had, in my contraversial opinion, an excellent way of dealing with wrongdoers, especially those who commit against vunerable innocent children.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Tue 8 Jun - 20:32

kitti wrote:I dont want to upset anyone but...

There was a programme on british t.v. where an undercover investigator went to a big seaside resort to do a a piece about padeophiles and how they were monitored etc.

He said one one stretch off beach which was 1 mile long their was roughly 50+ peadophiles on that stretch off beach, all well known. He blocked out their faces but he took the camera and showed viewers where some off them were and what they were doing at that moment,

I remember that programme kitti, and I remember being really shocked .
I must admit, nothing shocks me any more though.
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  LJC Thu 10 Jun - 23:22

kitti wrote:I dont want to upset anyone but...

And this is the whole point. These paedotypes hang around in public places, beaches, schools, shops, where plenty of young children are to be found. They would not go to the bother of stalking for days and nights and breaking into private property. Plenty of little blonde girls on beaches running around playing and sometimes straying further away in their mischief than their parents would wish. Easy pickings when you think about it.
LJC
LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2116
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 11 Jun - 0:18

vengefulangel wrote:
kitti wrote:

I didn't see the tv prog but know that the above is correct. A close mate of mine worked in the police force paedophile child protection/ monitoring unit. They are only allowed to work in that area for so long due to the horrific nature of the work. But I was told that statistically there is one paedophile in every street in the UK.

The government needs to get tough, in my opinion, with those that harm children. Sending a senior police officer round for a brief chat once a month (post-prison) is not good enough, even then there is no legal obligation for the offender to converse with the police or tell them anything or even let them in.

Pierrepoint had, in my contraversial opinion, an excellent way of dealing with wrongdoers, especially those who commit against vunerable innocent children.

That is one scary thought. Nobody really knows who they are living beside.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down