Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UPDATE RE MY CHANGE OF NAME

3 posters

Go down

UPDATE RE MY CHANGE OF NAME Empty UPDATE RE MY CHANGE OF NAME

Post  Keela Tue 29 Jun - 12:14

I thought I would just give you an update re my change of name. As you know and as many of you have sent such lovely messages, I lost my lovely Sasha on 21 April. Anyway, the local radio was asking for people to foster dogs( who were coming out of a shelter which was closing) to acclimatise them to a domestic environment prior to them going to new homes or foster homes in either Germany or Holland. My hubby and I decided that this would probably help us in the grieving process as it would give us something to focus on and not dwell on the fact that we were now without our furry friend. We were allocated a cross breed female called Pippa. The original request was for her to stay with us for 3 days. When we collected her we were asked if we could foster her for 3 weeks! We said yes as it would give us the opportunity to see if we could handle a dog after so many cat years. Anyway after 10 days we asked if she had a permanent home waiting for her and if she didn't could we keep her. She didn't have a permanent home and in the event would be going to another foster family until one was found. She stayed with us! What was the point of fostering her for 3 weeks, getting her used to us and then sending her away to another foster home. We think there is a bit of pointer/collie/retriever in her makeup but she is a lovely girl. She is honey coloured and has such a nice nature. She is gentle and loves meeting people which is just as well as she comes to the shop with me. She looks after the Mills & Boon books!

Hubby had always wanted a black and white cat and we said that when the time permitted we would get one. We had ages ago (well before Sasha became ill) mentioned this to our Vet . Because we had now got Pippa, when our vet's friend's cat had kittens and one was black and white, she naturally thought that the cat was off the plan. We said not. Anyway, upshot is that we now have Pippa and a kitten called.... Felix!!! The pair of them are great friends even though Felix has only been with us for 3 weeks. The chase each other all over the place and Pippa has actually been seen washing him! I have some pictures of them together and will get them posted up. They are true partners in crime. This morning I found that half the flower bed had been kicked all over the path. I know that Pippa has done this but Felix was looking as guilty!!

I know that they will never take Sasha's place. I still miss her very much and always will, the same way as I still miss my first boy Chico who died in 1986. We have also lost Toby, Topaz ( both Burmese) and Lucy who was Sasha's daughter. They are all sadly missed but still in our hearts.

ETA, is my "Fairy" Godfather out there with a little help to post pictures?????
Keela
Keela
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2360
Warning :
 UPDATE RE MY CHANGE OF NAME Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100 UPDATE RE MY CHANGE OF NAME Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

UPDATE RE MY CHANGE OF NAME Empty Re: UPDATE RE MY CHANGE OF NAME

Post  Alfiefinn Tue 29 Jun - 12:49

UPDATE RE MY CHANGE OF NAME 306321 Keela
As a fellow animal lover I felt for you when you posted your sad news.

I can see that you have a lot of love to give and I'm really happy that you are now able to share this with the two new arrivals in your home. I wish you all many happy times ahead.

Alfie  UPDATE RE MY CHANGE OF NAME Icon_flower
Alfiefinn
Alfiefinn
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1482
Warning :
 UPDATE RE MY CHANGE OF NAME Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100 UPDATE RE MY CHANGE OF NAME Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 29 Jun - 12:53

Moving to pet section
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Keela Tue 29 Jun - 13:48

Thank you so much Alfie.  UPDATE RE MY CHANGE OF NAME 83453
Keela
Keela
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2360
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Bebootje Tue 29 Jun - 14:25

UPDATE RE MY CHANGE OF NAME 306321 Congrats with your new arrivals Keela
Bebootje
Bebootje
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 635
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down