Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE U.S. AND WORLD ECONOMY

+2
Angelina
kitti
6 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

THE U.S. AND WORLD  ECONOMY - Page 3 Empty Re: THE U.S. AND WORLD ECONOMY

Post  pennylane Tue 14 Sep - 19:59

AnnaEsse wrote:
pennylane wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
pennylane wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:

I wouldn't touch any of those foods either, pennylane, but then I'm vegetarian! THE U.S. AND WORLD  ECONOMY - Page 3 294124

Good one Anna! THE U.S. AND WORLD  ECONOMY - Page 3 23324

I buy quite a lot of vegetarian food, like veg Samosa and veg sausages which are quite nice. But I brought a Waitrose vegetarian shepherds pie the other week....... it was so salty and gross, that I spent the rest of the evening drinking juice to try and quench my thirst. Yuk, never again! THE U.S. AND WORLD  ECONOMY - Page 3 36898

You wouldn't believe the length of items on my "never again" grocery list.

I make shepherds pie with mince from the 'Meat Free,' range that most supermarkets sell. It's very cheap and it absorbs the flavours you add. I hate over-salty foods, never use salt in cooking and add only a little crumbled Malden sea salt if salt seems to be needed.

Anna, I'm like you in that I use sea salt very sparingly and don't like salty food. I have tried cooking with a 'Meat Free' product called 'Quorn', but I found the results very disappointing..... although my limited knowledge of what to do with it didn't help!

I'm not that fond of Quorn. The 'Meat Free,' range is soya protein and I think it's probably made by the same producer for all the big supermarkets because the packaging is the same apart from the supermarket's name.

THE U.S. AND WORLD  ECONOMY - Page 3 5051413618288_21000_IDShot_2

A versatile ingredient to make any meal. Meat free meatballs made with rehydrated soya protein, onion and parsley.

That's what the packs are like and those meatballs are particularly tasty in a tomato sauce with pasta and in a recipe I found for Moroccan yogurt soup. (A Moro East recipe)

Thank you Anna, I need more options of what to eat - so I shall definitely give your suggestion a try. I will let you know how it turns out THE U.S. AND WORLD  ECONOMY - Page 3 Icon_flower

Have just checked Waitrose online, and they don't do them... only Cauldron and Quorn, and not a meatball in sight, except the mystery meat ones! I am not near ASDA but I shall check TESCO this week.

Thanks again Anna - they do sound like a very good idea! THE U.S. AND WORLD  ECONOMY - Page 3 944533
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :
THE U.S. AND WORLD  ECONOMY - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100THE U.S. AND WORLD  ECONOMY - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Tue 14 Sep - 20:38

Pennylane, that 'Meat Free,' range is the best I have come across. There doesn't seem to be a load of rubbish in the ingredients, it's good value and keeps for ages in the freezer. There's tasty sausages and mince and a couple of other things, which I haven't tried. I had a look for the soup recipe and found there are lots on the net: 'Yogurt soup with meatballs,' will do it if you fancy something a bit different. I think it's the Turkish one actually that's in the 'Moro East' cookbook I have. You'll also find their 'Roasted pumpkin soup with cinnamon,' which is really delicious!
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :
THE U.S. AND WORLD  ECONOMY - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100THE U.S. AND WORLD  ECONOMY - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Tue 14 Sep - 21:01

AnnaEsse wrote:Pennylane, that 'Meat Free,' range is the best I have come across. There doesn't seem to be a load of rubbish in the ingredients, it's good value and keeps for ages in the freezer. There's tasty sausages and mince and a couple of other things, which I haven't tried. I had a look for the soup recipe and found there are lots on the net: 'Yogurt soup with meatballs,' will do it if you fancy something a bit different. I think it's the Turkish one actually that's in the 'Moro East' cookbook I have. You'll also find their 'Roasted pumpkin soup with cinnamon,' which is really delicious!

Yummy, yummy. I'm very interested in the Moro East recipes. I've always got Greek Yoghurt around the house, because we have it for breakfast, so your soup suggestion sounds perfect Anna. I've instructed my OH to see if he can find the meatballs at a Tesco near the airfield.

It's going to be mayhem around my house soon, as we are about to get a new roof and kitchen extension started in two weeks time, and it's going to be about twelve-sixteen weeks in duration (ugh!) ........ so it will be really good to have lots of quick and easy recipes for dinner. I think your suggestions and ideas will be a real life saver Anna. THE U.S. AND WORLD  ECONOMY - Page 3 Icon_flower
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 15 Sep - 8:00

THE U.S. AND WORLD  ECONOMY - Page 3 306321 Pennylane,

Why does the Tescos Store have to be by the Airfield? THE U.S. AND WORLD  ECONOMY - Page 3 294124 I"m sure with all your shopping sprees you pass
many Tesco Stores.......sorry, it just seems so funny, my sense of humour again.

I don"t envy you the mess, just keep telling yourself how great it will look when it"s finished. BTW, my friend
Penny is coming over for a long week-end at the end of the month which I"m looking forward to, we share the
same sense of humour and have had some great times. This time around though I don"t think she will be
splashing the cash, like everyone else she is feeling the pinch and her business is suffering .
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Wed 15 Sep - 8:16

pennylane wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:Pennylane, that 'Meat Free,' range is the best I have come across. There doesn't seem to be a load of rubbish in the ingredients, it's good value and keeps for ages in the freezer. There's tasty sausages and mince and a couple of other things, which I haven't tried. I had a look for the soup recipe and found there are lots on the net: 'Yogurt soup with meatballs,' will do it if you fancy something a bit different. I think it's the Turkish one actually that's in the 'Moro East' cookbook I have. You'll also find their 'Roasted pumpkin soup with cinnamon,' which is really delicious!

Yummy, yummy. I'm very interested in the Moro East recipes. I've always got Greek Yoghurt around the house, because we have it for breakfast, so your soup suggestion sounds perfect Anna. I've instructed my OH to see if he can find the meatballs at a Tesco near the airfield.

It's going to be mayhem around my house soon, as we are about to get a new roof and kitchen extension started in two weeks time, and it's going to be about twelve-sixteen weeks in duration (ugh!) ........ so it will be really good to have lots of quick and easy recipes for dinner. I think your suggestions and ideas will be a real life saver Anna. THE U.S. AND WORLD  ECONOMY - Page 3 Icon_flower

You can make a quick and tasty meal with those meatballs and a jar of decent pasta sauce. Just chuck the frozen meatballs in and simmer VERY gently until the meatballs are defrosted: add some extra water so there is enough liquid.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Wed 15 Sep - 17:32

Panda wrote:

THE U.S. AND WORLD  ECONOMY - Page 3 306321 Pennylane,

Why does the Tescos Store have to be by the Airfield? THE U.S. AND WORLD  ECONOMY - Page 3 294124 I"m sure with all your shopping sprees you pass
many Tesco Stores.......sorry, it just seems so funny, my sense of humour again.

I don"t envy you the mess, just keep telling yourself how great it will look when it"s finished. BTW, my friend
Penny is coming over for a long week-end at the end of the month which I"m looking forward to, we share the
same sense of humour and have had some great times. This time around though I don"t think she will be
splashing the cash, like everyone else she is feeling the pinch and her business is suffering .

My OH often picks up stuff at a Tesco close to the airfield Panda! You are a tinker, you have got me sussed... if I can avoid grocery shopping I will!

I buy my groceries at Waitrose on line, except for the organic Butcher and the open Market for fresh vegetables... that's it! I'm sure you are right, there are plenty of Tesco stores around, I just haven't noticed any on my beat! THE U.S. AND WORLD  ECONOMY - Page 3 23324
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Wed 15 Sep - 17:38

AnnaEsse wrote:
pennylane wrote:

You can make a quick and tasty meal with those meatballs and a jar of decent pasta sauce. Just chuck the frozen meatballs in and simmer VERY gently until the meatballs are defrosted: add some extra water so there is enough liquid.

THE U.S. AND WORLD  ECONOMY - Page 3 306321 Sounds absolutely brilliant. Quick, tasty, and so simple.

Can't wait to give them a try! THE U.S. AND WORLD  ECONOMY - Page 3 183280
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 23 Sep - 9:17

Getting back on Topic, it is very disturbing to see what effect these cuts are having around the World.

France, Germany, Rumania, Poland, Greece, Spain are all staging massive demonstrations over their Government"s proposals to cut wages, Capital expenditure, increase pensionable age etc and workers are taking to the Streets. What will happen when Britain"s proposed cuts take effect next month.?

In the midst of all this, it was announced that top of the Rich List is Bill Gates, worth $54 BILLION. with
Warren Buffet at $43 BILLION........it really is obscene!!!
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelique Thu 23 Sep - 17:09

Hi Panda

Have taken the time to read all the posts - quite a lot - your question about what will happen in Britain - I think even though civil unrest is 'talked' about a great deal the majority of people will do as they have always done, and that is whinge and get on with it. We seem to be fairly under control don't we judging by the G20 demo's.

My only worry is how long can the BofE keep the interest rate down because, by golly, if it ever gets going things will definitely get really bad in Britain and a lot of people will be homeless and up to their eyes in debt.

Angelique

Angelique
Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3418
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 23 Sep - 17:20

Angelique wrote:Hi Panda

Have taken the time to read all the posts - quite a lot - your question about what will happen in Britain - I think even though civil unrest is 'talked' about a great deal the majority of people will do as they have always done, and that is whinge and get on with it. We seem to be fairly under control don't we judging by the G20 demo's.

My only worry is how long can the BofE keep the interest rate down because, by golly, if it ever gets going things will definitely get really bad in Britain and a lot of people will be homeless and up to their eyes in debt.

Angelique

Like lots of people, I remember where I was on, 'Black Wednesday,' way back in the 90's when the interest rate went sky-high. I was somewhere in the Picardie region of France, taking part in a sponsored cycle ride from Euro Disney to Battersea Park, in aid of childhood leakaemia, and we had stopped at a disused fuel station to rest. When the coach that was following us pulled up, I was sitting on the plinth of one of the disused petrol pumps when someone got off the coach and told us what he'd just heard on the radio. It was a bad day!
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelique Thu 23 Sep - 17:42

Hello AnnEsse

My, what an interesting life you have - I do actually remember Black Wednesday - Lamont fiasco and it being an absolute shambles and everyone got to know about George Soros making a fortune out of us!

Angelique
Angelique
Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3418
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 23 Sep - 19:34

Angelique wrote:Hello AnnEsse

My, what an interesting life you have - I do actually remember Black Wednesday - Lamont fiasco and it being an absolute shambles and everyone got to know about George Soros making a fortune out of us!

Angelique

Hi Angelique,

The BOE interest at the moment is only about 1% whereas on Black Wednesday it was something like 15-20%,
this is something quite different, it"s about the TRILLION £"s debt the Country has to bring down. When the
cuts come into effect, it won"t be the British people being united and brave as in War times, it will be anger and disgust that they have to face such a mountainous debt through no fault of their own, just greedy Banks and a weak governance of them by the FSA.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 30 Sep - 10:13

Latest News: Anglo Irish Banks need £5 BILLION from the Irish Government and possibly another £6 BILLION,
Allied Irish Banks also need £5BILLION.......just how were all these Banks around the World allowed to get
away with their greed and bad Management???? I get so angry when I think of all the ordinary people who are
left in such dire straits and will be paying for years to come . This situation is far worse than Black Wednesday
and we will read of other Banks in dire straits. A debate on a T.V. Programme I watched recently said the Rich
are less likely to give to Charities and Natural Disasters, it is a known fact.

If the Governments don"t come together on this and lay down Rules for the way Banks do Business there is no
justice.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

THE U.S. AND WORLD  ECONOMY - Page 3 Empty Max Keiser: Sitting on the doorstep of global conflict.

Post  AnnaEsse Tue 19 Oct - 15:17