Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Drillers May Reach Chile Miners Within Hours **UPDATED**

+7
BrainFreeze
AnnaEsse
kitti
Bebootje
Badboy
fred
zodiac
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Drillers May Reach Chile Miners Within Hours **UPDATED** - Page 2 Empty Re: Drillers May Reach Chile Miners Within Hours **UPDATED**

Post  Lioned Wed 13 Oct - 18:52

Really good news for a change.

These are the bravest of men under normal circumstances.I hope they are amply rewarded now for what they have had to suffer.

And well done to those in Chile for their efforts in this amazing rescue which shows what can be done when minds are focused.

Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :
Drillers May Reach Chile Miners Within Hours **UPDATED** - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Drillers May Reach Chile Miners Within Hours **UPDATED** - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Drillers May Reach Chile Miners Within Hours **UPDATED** - Page 2 Empty Re: Drillers May Reach Chile Miners Within Hours **UPDATED**

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 14 Oct - 6:40

Woooopeeee doooopeeeee! All 33 miners are out in just over 21 hours. God bless them all and their rescuers. Drillers May Reach Chile Miners Within Hours **UPDATED** - Page 2 307691
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :
Drillers May Reach Chile Miners Within Hours **UPDATED** - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Drillers May Reach Chile Miners Within Hours **UPDATED** - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Thu 14 Oct - 7:24

How wonderful.

How the men have remained composed.

Could you imagine if it had happened in the uk.......their would be BLAMING....then the word SUE.....god mitchell would be off already sent a message down to them....
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 14 Oct - 7:26

kitti wrote:How wonderful.

Could you imagine if it had happened in the uk.......their would be BLAMING....then the word SUE.....god mitchell would be off already sent a message down to them....

.................and got them to sign on the dotted line!
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 14 Oct - 7:28

If it was a film plot, we'd all be saying it's far too far fetched. G*d bless those miners and their rescuers, this truly was a miracle! Drillers May Reach Chile Miners Within Hours **UPDATED** - Page 2 307691
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  BrainFreeze Thu 14 Oct - 12:45

As a Brit myself and one from 'oop North' I find that comment extremely offensive!
We have had similar situations to that in Chile in the past - only difference was that corpses were carried out.
BrainFreeze
BrainFreeze

Number of posts : 26
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-08

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Thu 14 Oct - 12:51

BrainFreeze wrote:

As a Brit myself and one from 'oop North' I find that comment extremely offensive!
We have had similar situations to that in Chile in the past - only difference was that corpses were carried out.

Kitti's comment is not offensive at all. The rescued miners may choose to sue in time, if they wish.

In the UK, Elf & Safety would have hindered everything and I doubt whether we would have accomplished that mission in record time.
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3288
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Thu 14 Oct - 18:08

chrissie wrote:
BrainFreeze wrote:

Kitti's comment is not offensive at all. The rescued miners may choose to sue in time, if they wish.

In the UK, Elf & Safety would have hindered everything and I doubt whether we would have accomplished that mission in record time.
If that number of miners were trapped underground in the UK we would have to send abroad for skilled miners to form a rescue team and dig a rescue shaft. Consecutive corrupt governments have destroyed the skill base for miners here in the UK.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Fri 15 Oct - 23:01

Drillers May Reach Chile Miners Within Hours **UPDATED** - Page 2 15759177 They where going to eat each other.......

I wonder if they taste hot !!

Dont you just love the red tops for non stories.Yhey're gonna milk this one for as long as they can.By all accounts 26 correspondents where despatched from the BBC alone.

Good to see them all out safe and well.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 16 Oct - 0:54

I must admit I shed a few tears yesterday at the miracle of seeing the 33 men walk out of the cage and greet their families. One of the survivers ran 6 miles a day along the tunnel to keep fit , another was instrumental in keeping the rest upbeat about their rescue, a 19 yr old had to cope with claustrophobia for 3 months and is
still in Hospital. The media frenzy will not abate and although the 33 agreed to act as one in being interviewed
for gain, will this continue as time goes on? One little gesture which deserves merit is the American Firm which supplied the dark glasses did not want to be named.

Hats off to all the Rescuers who worked so tirelessly a truly magnificent acheivement.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 16 Oct - 10:35

malena stool wrote:
chrissie wrote:
BrainFreeze wrote:

If that number of miners were trapped underground in the UK we would have to send abroad for skilled miners to form a rescue team and dig a rescue shaft. Consecutive corrupt governments have destroyed the skill base for miners here in the UK.

There used to be an old, old saying - wherever there's a mine, there's a Cornishman at the bottom of it.

I was raised for a time in Midlothian, near Bilton Glen, and the mine there was the lifeline of that village. When it closed, most of the village was out of work, the Co-op and butchers shops closed down and a soup kitchen opened up. It affected everyone, not just miners' families; everybody knew or was related to somebody that was put out of work. The ultimate irony is that the former mine is now a museum of mining!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Sat 16 Oct - 12:19

The ultimate irony is that the former mine is now a museum of mining!

Yep. There are a few Welsh slate mines like that as well.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 18 Oct - 4:28

Lioned wrote:The ultimate irony is that the former mine is now a museum of mining!

Yep. There are a few Welsh slate mines like that as well.

I visited one of those Mines in North Wales and the Miners had to leave the Mine on a board with wheels on a track, all downhill, quite terrifying. There was a cable car to take them up , don"t know why they couldn"t go
down via cable car.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 18 Oct - 9:59

I feel sorry for the poor pit ponies. They were born down there, lived down there all of their lives, and died down there, never seeing the sun once.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2