Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Disabled MP was 'mocked' in Commons05 February 2011

Go down

Disabled MP was 'mocked' in Commons05 February 2011 Empty Disabled MP was 'mocked' in Commons05 February 2011

Post  malena stool Sun 6 Feb - 9:51

http://news.aol.co.uk/uk-news/story/disabled-mp-was-mocked-in-commons/1565662?icid=main|uk-ws-bb|dl1|link3|http%3A%2F%2Fnews.aol.co.uk%2Fuk-news%2Fstory%2Fdisabled-mp-was-mocked-in-commons%2F1565662

Disabled MP was 'mocked' in Commons05 February 2011

An MP with cerebral palsy has claimed he was mocked about his disability as he tried to speak in the House of CommonsAn MP with cerebral palsy has described how he was mocked about his disability as he tried to speak in the House of Commons.

Paul Maynard, who was elected as the Conservative MP for Blackpool North and Cleveleys last May, accused Labour MPs of "pulling faces" at him in an apparent mimic.

In an interview with The Times, he said: "They were constantly intervening, trying to put me off my stride, which may be just normal parliamentary tactics.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter RSS "But some were pulling faces at me, really exaggerated gesticulations, really exaggerated faces."

He added: "Only they know for certain whether they were taking the mick out of my disability. But it felt like it."

Other MPs confirmed that the incident had taken place, during a debate about the abolition of the child trust fund.

The incident calls into question the sometimes highly aggressive and confrontational nature of the Commons. It may also undermine efforts to increase diversity in parliament.

On his personal website, Mr Maynard describes his cerebral palsy as "very mild" and says it does not especially affect the way he lives.

But he acknowledges: "It probably affects the way some people see me, and there will always be people who write you off because of it - but I've never let them stop me."

He was diagnosed with epilepsy too when he was 22, an event he says was "a shock" and forced him to give up alcohol
Unquote

These are the people elected by this nation to represent us....

They are very good, indeed superbly adapted to imitating animal noises, stealing from the public purse, lying, cheating, employing rent boys and taking drugs and now it seems they have extended their profound wit and undeniable charm to mocking their afflicted colleagues....

What a shame they cannot find time to turn their disgusting amoral talents to doing the job they were elected to do.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :
Disabled MP was 'mocked' in Commons05 February 2011 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Disabled MP was 'mocked' in Commons05 February 2011 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum