Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[color=darkred]Ducks abused on Free Range Farm (VIDEO VERY EXPICIT)[/color]

4 posters

Go down

[color=darkred]Ducks abused on Free Range Farm (VIDEO VERY EXPICIT)[/color] Empty [color=darkred]Ducks abused on Free Range Farm (VIDEO VERY EXPICIT)[/color]

Post  malena stool Tue 8 Feb - 21:18

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20110208/tuk-exclusive-farm-staff-caught-abusing-45dbed5.html

Exclusive: Farm Staff Caught Abusing Ducks
9 hours 27 mins ago

(c) Sky News 2011

Email StoryPrint StoryAn investigation by Sky News and Hillside Animal Sanctuary has uncovered evidence of free-range ducks being swung by their necks by farm workers. Skip related content
Related photos / videos
Exclusive: Farm Staff Caught Abusing Ducks
Play video Exclusive: Farm Staff Caught Abusing Ducks Play video Exclusive: Farm Staff Caught Abusing Ducks Enlarge photo .Related content
Video: Exclusive: Farm Staff Caught Abusing Ducks

Warning: viewers may find scenes of animal abuse in this video distressing
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20110208/video/vuk-exclusive-farm-staff-caught-abusing-37e89e1.html
Secretly-filmed footage taken at Hall Farm in Hingham, Norfolk, shows the birds being herded onto crates to be taken away for slaughter.

But some workers are seen picking ducks up by their necks and swinging them before throwing them back into the flock.

As well as sick and injured birds, we also discovered dead birds left to rot among the flock.

Those that had been removed were found decomposing in a skip instead of being safely put in bags to avoid contamination.

After viewing the footage, the RSPCA told Sky News the pictures were "absolutely shocking".

Farm animal welfare expert Dr Marc Cooper said: "Commercially reared meat ducks are flightless, heavy animals and handling them in this manner is likely to cause injury to their neck, legs and body.

"Throwing live ducks is incredibly inhumane and would most certainly have caused suffering through pain or injury to the birds.

"The footage shows unacceptable levels of lameness and injury in the flock. Birds that are ill or injured should receive veterinary attention or be humanely culled without delay.

"Dead birds in a state of decomposition that haven't been removed presents a risk of disease to the living birds and is indicative of a lack of even the most basic level of stockmanship duties."

Hall Farm is contracted by producer Green Label, who hired the workers.

The ducks are processed by Gressingham Foods then sold on the shelves of Waitrose as a high-welfare, free-range product.

Consumers pay a premium for free-range products in the belief the animals have been well looked after.

Waitrose told Sky News it was "appalled" by the footage and had suspended the farm from its list of suppliers while it investigates.

"As soon as we saw it we suspended the supplier and sent in a vet to ensure the welfare of the ducks remaining on the farm.

"Following an immediate and detailed investigation, we have now ended our relationship with the supplier and they no longer supply Waitrose.

"The behaviour seen on the film is totally unacceptable and completely goes against the high welfare standards Waitrose expects of its farmers. We are also reviewing our processes to make sure we do everything we can to ensure nothing like this can ever happen again."

Hall Farm have launched their own inquiry, adding: "We take matters of animal health and welfare very seriously and are extremely concerned by the footage we have been shown."

Green Label said they were upset by the film, have suspended the farm workers and are reviewing their procedures.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :
[color=darkred]Ducks abused on Free Range Farm (VIDEO VERY EXPICIT)[/color] Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100[color=darkred]Ducks abused on Free Range Farm (VIDEO VERY EXPICIT)[/color] Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

[color=darkred]Ducks abused on Free Range Farm (VIDEO VERY EXPICIT)[/color] Empty Re: [color=darkred]Ducks abused on Free Range Farm (VIDEO VERY EXPICIT)[/color]

Post  AnnaEsse Tue 8 Feb - 22:08

That's what I'd expect of Waitrose, no longer dealing with that company. Well done Waitrose!
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :
[color=darkred]Ducks abused on Free Range Farm (VIDEO VERY EXPICIT)[/color] Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100[color=darkred]Ducks abused on Free Range Farm (VIDEO VERY EXPICIT)[/color] Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

[color=darkred]Ducks abused on Free Range Farm (VIDEO VERY EXPICIT)[/color] Empty Re: [color=darkred]Ducks abused on Free Range Farm (VIDEO VERY EXPICIT)[/color]

Post  malena stool Tue 8 Feb - 22:35

I wonder who will be left holding the can for the suffering endured by the animals other than the sickos tormenting them?

It would be nice to see higher management facing the music, because there is no way they should be unaware that such actions were taking place.

malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelique Wed 9 Feb - 13:12

I can't watch this, I did when I first saw it but now they keep putting it on the News I have to turn over - it's sickening.

Unfortunately the people they employ in this sort of "business" always seem to treat the animals like this eventually - they may start out ok but after a while it's almost as though they lose respect for them.

When I worked on a farm the Manager employed a chap who used to work on a chicken farm not far from where I live. He said this sort of stuff went on there as well. What's that they say - familiarity breeds contempt.
Angelique
Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3418
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Thu 10 Feb - 9:51

Thats what you get for imploying cheap labour i.e. migrants.

They get paid a pittance do you think they give a toss about animal welfare, nope.

Its the tip off the iceberg, im afraid.

The men should be dismissed, the company that employed them should be fined and the supermarkets that use this farm should be heavilly fined and NAME AND SHAMED.

Funny how waitrose when the knew this video was coming out decided to use the wording 'USE TOO'...

Do you really think these supermarkets dont know whats going on...oh please, off course they turn ablind eye, if they didnt, why would people like me be begging them to install CCTV in slaughterhouses etc, we shouldnt have to BEG, it should be COMPULSORY.

If you knew how badly animals were treated BEFORE and DURING their last hours...it would make you sick.

Some people who work in these slaughterhouses get a KICK out off abusing these animals before they die..painfully and without care.

So that video off those ducks.....thats no surprise to me, it was sickening..yes...but no surprise.

Just don forget this...those people that kicked, threw, trod on and swung round....are walking amongst us and they couldnt give a damn about aniamls feelings and what scares me is.....people who are cruel to animals are usually cruel to human beings...they havent got a sensitive bone in their bodies.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down